• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• We_are_the_Hearts

• alicante jambo

• graygo

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

There aren't any international trains in the Baltics unfortunately (they're working on it but I don't think construction has even started yet).

Flixbus and LuxExpress have great, cheap coaches between Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn. There used to be a minibus service between Kaunas airport and the Old Town of Vilnius I assume there still is (its about 12 years since I was last there though). If not there's definitely a decent train service between central Kaunas and Vilnius though.

Can you clarify - it is a six hour train journey ? 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, Djnoisy said:

Anyone booked a hotel yet? 

I'm hoping someone will give us some tips on where to stay/avoid and what's easier for getting to the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Can you clarify - it is a six hour train journey ? 

Between Kaunas and Vilnius?! It shouldn't be any more than an hour.

alicante jambo
3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I'm hoping someone will give us some tips on where to stay/avoid and what's easier for getting to the stadium. 

Im looking at this too. Booking.com got places withjn half mile of skonto riga stadium but is that where it will get moved to?

Randle P McMurphy
14 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Thinking:

Edin to Dublin

Dublin to Riga

Riga to Oslo

Oslo to Edin

I’ve done that as outbound but struggling for return as can only come back on Friday 

Booked in the Hotel Valdemars. 10 minutes walk from the Old Town and 5 minutes walk from the Skonto Stadion, which is where they played Linfield so I assume where we will also play. Looks decent, £48.50 for the night. 

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Booked in the Hotel Valdemars. 10 minutes walk from the Old Town and 5 minutes walk from the Skonto Stadion, which is where they played Linfield so I assume where we will also play. Looks decent, £48.50 for the night. 

Accor hotels ?

Who did you book with ? 

periodictabledancer
7 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Im looking at this too. Booking.com got places withjn half mile of skonto riga stadium but is that where it will get moved to?

Posters on here saying RFS have already been playing their Euro games at the bigger stadium. 

1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

Accor hotels ?

Who did you book with ? 

Booked it direct through Accor. It's available on Hotels.com etc but at a slightly more expensive price, set up a free acount with Accor and you save a few quid. 

BOOKED - Riga Islande Hotel - free parking and breakfast. About 30 min walk to the stadium and near the bars just on the river. Plus most meet in the Doma Laukums square so not far away. 

Carl Weathers
9 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

I’ve done that as outbound but struggling for return as can only come back on Friday 

Think we be ok timewise transferring in Dublin?

Heartsmad1874
13 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Got a hotel pretty much right next to the Skonto stadium on booking.com. Not intentionally though i must say.

Heartsmad1874
11 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

Riga to Stansted was a good option but prices for that soared through the roof.

periodictabledancer
11 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Booked it direct through Accor. It's available on Hotels.com etc but at a slightly more expensive price, set up a free acount with Accor and you save a few quid. 

Yeah, I use Ibis/Accor a lot, cheers.

Have booked the same place, at that price I don't care what it's like. 

😁

periodictabledancer
11 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

BOOKED - Riga Islande Hotel - free parking and breakfast. About 30 min walk to the stadium and near the bars just on the river. Plus most meet in the Doma Laukums square so not far away. 

. deleted. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Yeah, I use Ibis/Accor a lot, cheers.

Have booked the same place, at that price I don't care what it's like. 

😁

🇱🇻🇱🇻🎉🎉🍻🍻

Edited by Djnoisy

alicante jambo

Thats the ibis booked 145 pound for 2 of us with breakfast and cancellation for 3 nights Just need to get from kaunas to riga now lol

9 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Thats the ibis booked 145 pound for 2 of us with breakfast and cancellation for 3 nights Just need to get from kaunas to riga now lol

I was looking on the website for Kaunas airport earlier and it says there is a direct bus from there to Riga city centre operated by http://easytravel.lv/. Their website doesn't exactly seem up-to-date though so it might be worth dropping an email and seeing if they're still running. 

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

I was looking on the website for Kaunas airport earlier and it says there is a direct bus from there to Riga city centre operated by http://easytravel.lv/. Their website doesn't exactly seem up-to-date though so it might be worth dropping an email and seeing if they're still running. 

Thanks pal im on it now. If it means a taxi to kaunas bus station then from there then thatll be fine.

If anyone is planning a night or two in Vilnius I'd book a hotel pretty soon, was wondering why it seemed so much busier than Riga & Tallinn, turns out Zalgiris are at home to Basel same night we're in Riga so looks like the Swiss are taking all the cheap rooms! 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

Riga to Newcastle 11 o'clockish

Can’t wait, me and my other half have booked for our first foreign away match. Wed-Sat

Can’t wait.. 

We’re booked Edinburgh, Stansted, Oslo, Riga and coming back Riga, Stansted, Dublin , Edinburgh. Booked the same hotel as somebody above, Riga Islande Hotel

beefybathgate

All booked, Edinburgh - Bologna
Thur 13th 07.05-10.40
Train to Florence and stay in Florence.

Fri 14th Train Florence to Pisa
Pisa - Stanstead 15.05-16.20
Stanstead- Edin 21.00-22.25

Saturday and Sunday will be a write off 😁

Got a couple of season tickets but not highest loyalty points. Probably in the same boat as thousands folk but if anyone would be eligible but is not going.....please?😅

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Jeffrey96 said:

Booked flights from Manchester direct to Riga. £104 per person. Still to book accommodation.

Booking.com got some cheap places. Im in the ibis near centre 145 pounds for 3 nights with breakfast included and private bathroom.

We’ve booked to Tallinn on the Wednesday and going to get the Lux bus from there to Riga on the Thursday. £50 for the bus in the comfier seats and they have seat back tvs, WiFi and coffee machines etc. 4hr journey but got a decent price. £80 flights to Tallinn and £20 for the bus to Riga

Carl Weathers

Booked:

Edinburgh-London-Riga on Tues

Riga-Oslo-Edinburgh on Sat

There's a cheap direct flight back from Riga on Sunday evening. Too late for me unfortunately. 

53 minutes ago, daftie said:

Can’t wait, me and my other half have booked for our first foreign away match. Wed-Sat

Can’t wait.. 

We’re booked Edinburgh, Stansted, Oslo, Riga and coming back Riga, Stansted, Dublin , Edinburgh. Booked the same hotel as somebody above, Riga Islande Hotel

See you at the bar! 🇱🇻🎉🇱🇻🎉🍻🍻🍻

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, Jambo in Gala said:

Dodo hotel in riga, £58 for two nights in a twin room.

Seen it  but sold out on booking.com

1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Booking.com got some cheap places. Im in the ibis near centre 145 pounds for 3 nights with breakfast included and private bathroom.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey96 said:

Booked flights from Manchester direct to Riga. £104 per person. Still to book accommodation.

We are the same Manchester Tuesday and back Sat with Ryanair.  Booked Wellton Resort and Spa sounds posh but 3 of us booked 1 room with 3 beds £170 per person for 4 nights with breakfast if we can face it. Pretty central. Hope this helps

11 minutes ago, apprentice said:

We are the same Manchester Tuesday and back Sat with Ryanair.  Booked Wellton Resort and Spa sounds posh but 3 of us booked 1 room with 3 beds £170 per person for 4 nights with breakfast if we can face it. Pretty central. Hope this helps

We’ve reserved the same one! We’re only Tues-Fri though. Flight home is via Norway, didn’t realise at the time but not a big issue.

Bazzas right boot

I'm in Krakow the Fri to Mon,  was looking at going a day earlier to riga then straight from riga to krakow. 

Be on my tod,  unure yet,  flights from riga to krakow are about £100, they are £25 on the thur! 

Jambo in Gala
2 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Doing Luxtravel bus from Vilnius. 23 pound for two of us, think its about four hours.

Jambo in Gala

13/9 20;00 GLASGOW - LEEDS (BUS)
14/9 09:30 LEEDS - VILNIUS (PLANE)
14/9 17:30 VILNIUS - RIGA (BUS)
TWO NIGHTS STAY
16/9 11:10 RIGA - VILNIUS (BUS)
16/9 21:30 VILNIUS - LEEDS (PLANE)
17/9 06;10 LEEDS - GLASGOW (BUS)

Trains planes and automobiles but managed to get it all in for under £150pp for two of us

Randle P McMurphy
2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Riga to Newcastle 11 o'clockish

Price has shot up to 260+

Ended up on euro tour to get back as my son goes on holiday on Sat. So for us it's Edinburgh Dublin riga on wed on way out. Coming back on Friday its riga to Oslo to gdansk to Edinburgh 😀 what can possibly go wrong? 

Glad it's not my holiday on the Saturday. I'm fine with a bonus night in Oslo or gdansk if it doesn't work out

17 minutes ago, Jeffrey96 said:

We’ve reserved the same one! We’re only Tues-Fri though. Flight home is via Norway, didn’t realise at the time but not a big issue.

See you in the bar, we will be the ones with hearts tops😄😄. 6 of us now

fabienleclerq
19 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

Price has shot up to 260+

Ended up on euro tour to get back as my son goes on holiday on Sat. So for us it's Edinburgh Dublin riga on wed on way out. Coming back on Friday its riga to Oslo to gdansk to Edinburgh 😀 what can possibly go wrong? 

Glad it's not my holiday on the Saturday. I'm fine with a bonus night in Oslo or gdansk if it doesn't work out

Aye shot up quick, only thing with extra stops is you end up spending more money on route anyway. 

Hopefully no issues getting home fir you!

37 minutes ago, Jambo in Gala said:

TWO NIGHTS STAY

Trains planes and automobiles but managed to get it all in for under £150pp for two of us

Basically the same for us but doing edin - Leeds on the train and have booked hotels for the Tuesday and Friday nights

alicante jambo
37 minutes ago, Jambo in Gala said:

TWO NIGHTS STAY

Thats brilliant btw proper trip. Ive got it sorted from kaunas airport now. Taxi fi airport to kaunas bus station  the bus to riga canne wait.

We have booked Edi to Luton on easyjet Tues 13th 19:45 - 21:00, hang about airport unti

Wed 14rh 06:50 Luton to Riga arriving 11:30 wizz air

2 nights in Riga (still to sort out accommodation

Friday 16th , bus to Kaunas (to be sorted but shouldn't be more than €20)

Hotel in Kaunas

Sat 17th Ryanair kaunas 23:40 arrives at 00:30 in Edinburgh.

£99 for flights per person

Bus plus 3 nights hotel to be added.

Jambo in Gala
13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Basically the same for us but doing edin - Leeds on the train and have booked hotels for the Tuesday and Friday nights

Sadly the other traveller is as tight as the proverbial so no chance of going for that. Hopefully the wait times aren't too bad!

Jambo in Gala
14 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Thats brilliant btw proper trip. Ive got it sorted from kaunas airport now. Taxi fi airport to kaunas bus station  the bus to riga canne wait.

Long live the national express!

alicante jambo
18 minutes ago, Jambo in Gala said:

Long live the national express!

You going on the bus on sunday by any chance fi gala?