• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• We_are_the_Hearts

• alicante jambo

• graygo

4 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

Thanks very much mate that’s a good deal 👍

No problem, gutted I cant make those dates, or I would be on that one!

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I can't really contribute to this thread other than to sayI was in Riga 17 years ago and the woman were very attractive 

3 minutes ago, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

I can't really contribute to this thread other than to sayI was in Riga 17 years ago and the woman were very attractive 

What woman? She'll probably be old and haggard after all that time.

😉

30 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I’m sorted for Florence but I’m desperate for Hearts to do a charter on this. 🤞🏻

Me too . Hopefully hear something soon

4 hours ago, graygo said:

What woman? She'll probably be old and haggard after all that time.

😉

Did he marry her ….

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I’m sorted for Florence but I’m desperate for Hearts to do a charter on this. 🤞🏻

That is something that the club doesn't seem to think about. 

They usually have some seats on the official flight, but they tend to be expensive and involves heading straight to the airport after the game. 

I'm sure if the club were to do an "official fans trip" it would be very popular. 

Something our commercial department should maybe start thinking about 

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

That is something that the club doesn't seem to think about. 

They usually have some seats on the official flight, but they tend to be expensive and involves heading straight to the airport after the game. 

I'm sure if the club were to do an "official fans trip" it would be very popular. 

Something our commercial department should maybe start thinking about 

Are the players not still required to be in some sort of Covid bubble?

Actually, probably not seeing as both teams come out the same tunnel.

10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Tickets released for home fans, you can see the away section greyed out, maybe 1200 seats?

https://events.passportix.eu/event/rfs-hearts-6rry

Would imagine we will be hearing from Hearts in the next 24-48 hours over tickets for this. Looks like €5-25 for a ticket. Should be plenty spares if necessary. 

periodictabledancer
24 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Tickets released for home fans, you can see the away section greyed out, maybe 1200 seats?

https://events.passportix.eu/event/rfs-hearts-6rry

For the first time in the club's history, the Latvian champion team RFS entered the group stage of the UEFA European Conference League! After a 13-year break, sports fans in Riga will once again have the opportunity to enjoy first-class club football in person! All group tournament games will take place in the center of Riga at the "Skonto" stadium. RFS were drawn in Group A with well-known teams in Europe: Fiorentina (Italy), Basaksehir (Turkey) and Heart of Midlothian (Scotland). As part of the group tournament, such stars as: Luka Jovic (Fiorentina), Mesut Ozil (Basaksehir), Nicolas Gonzalez (Fiorentina) and others will come to Riga.

Tickets of two categories are available for sale: the price of the first category ticket is 25 euros, and the second category is only 10 euros. Tickets for children up to 12 years of age (not included) can be purchased with a 50% discount.

At the stadium, it will be possible to buy drinks and various snacks, as well as RFS club paraphernalia and player cards. We invite you to come to the stadium at least an hour before the start of the game, because queues can form at the entrances! Find more information about the upcoming games at www.fkrfs.lv, as well as on the RFS club's social networks.

So looks like an allocation of about 1200 has been greyed out for us. That should be more than enough, but on the off chance we sell out it seems to be pretty easy to buy a ticket for the home end.  

On 28/08/2022 at 00:15, braveheart said:

Liverpool to tallinn wed to sunday still only £32.bus to riga €30

Jumped in too quick.prices and now £19.98!

4 hours ago, braveheart said:

Jumped in too quick.prices and now £19.98!

Looked at via talinn. 170miles+ is the bus not up to 6hours some routes

its cheap but you'd have to be keen for that ontop of the travel to Liverpool 

4 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

A bus ? 🤣

Got a link ? 😐

omio.com from Tallinn to Riga 

7 Panners on 08:20, due to arrive 12:45 after an overnight stay in Tallinn. 

Edited by Shaggy2

59 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Looked at via talinn. 170miles+ is the bus not up to 6hours some routes

its cheap but you'd have to be keen for that ontop of the travel to Liverpool 

It's a bit less, just under 4.5hrs on the main routes (similar time as between VIlnius and Riga) and the buses are incredible (the LuxExpress one's anyway) so much better than Citylink or National Express over here. I've used them before and really can't fault them, the slightly more expensive seats at the back of some of their buses are massive padded things with video screens in the backs and tea/coffee making facilities on board. 

On 31/08/2022 at 18:02, RobboM said:

Finally, jumping in 2 footed on this one
Tue Leeds-Riga
Fri Riga-Vilnius-Leeds
Driving down from W Lothian, happy to share if that works

Can see the outward flight on Ryanair....whos doing the inward flight[s] ?

My friend and I just booked up yesterday and did the following as need to be back Saturday am and can’t take the Wednesday off work:

Flights booked with eDreams (with discount for taking a 30 day free prime trial):

Wednesday 14th evening - 9:10pm Edin to Riga via Luton (8 hours stopover in Luton) Figured could get a kip at airport. Arrives Riga time @ 11:30am 

Coming back Friday 16th evening - 23: 45pm Riga to Edin via Dublin (5 hours stopover in Dublin) Arrives our time @ 7:25 our time. 

cost of flights were £188 each.

Twin room apartment booked with booking.com @£22 in total for one night for 2 people at Valdemara residence (5 mins walk to ground) because we only need to stay the one night with this option. Can grab a couple of hours when we arrive. 

check out Friday 12pm, spend the day in Riga before catching our evening flight back. 

Total cost of flights and accommodation was £200 each. 

It’s my birthday the day of the game so thought it would be rude not to! 😂🇱🇻

6 minutes ago, moz said:

Can see the outward flight on Ryanair....whos doing the inward flight[s] ?

Air Baltic to Vilnius then Ryanair back to Leeds. Long layover in Vilnius so hoping to head into the city for the afternoon 👍

periodictabledancer
7 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

omio.com from Tallinn to Riga 

7 Panners on 08:20, due to arrive 12:45 after an overnight stay in Tallinn. 

👍

1 hour ago, JamboLuci said:

My friend and I just booked up yesterday and did the following as need to be back Saturday am and can’t take the Wednesday off work:

Flights booked with eDreams (with discount for taking a 30-day free prime trial):

Wednesday 14th evening - 9:10 pm Edin to Riga via Luton (8 hours stopover in Luton) Figured could get a kip at the airport. Arrives Riga time @ 11:30am 

Coming back Friday 16th evening - 23: 45pm Riga to Edin via Dublin (5 hours stopover in Dublin) Arrives our time @ 7:25.

The cost of the flights was £188 each.

Twin room apartment booked with Booking.com @£22 in total for one night for 2 people at Valdemara residence (5 mins walk to ground) because we only need to stay the one night with this option. Can grab a couple of hours when we arrive. 
Check out Friday at 12 pm, and spend the day in Riga before catching our evening flight back. 

The total cost of flights and accommodation was £200 each. 

It’s my birthday on the day of the game so thought it would be rude not to! 😂🇱🇻

Slight edit, the hotel changed to Dodo now as the thought of a shared bathroom at Valdemara was freaking me out! :P Booked on eDreams with the Prime discount, only £30 total.

Flights booked with eDreams (with discount for taking a 30 day free prime trial):

Wednesday 14th evening - 9:10pm Edin to Riga via Luton (8 hours stopover in Luton) Figured could get a kip at airport. Arrives Riga time @ 11:30am 

Coming back Friday 16th evening - 23: 45pm Riga to Edin via Dublin (5 hours stopover in Dublin) Arrives our time @ 7:25 our time. 

cost of flights were £188 each.

Twin room apartment booked with booking.com @£22 in total for one night for 2 people at Valdemara residence (5 mins walk to ground) because we only need to stay the one night with this option. Can grab a couple of hours when we arrive. 

check out Friday 12pm, spend the day in Riga before catching our evening flight back. 

Total cost of flights and accommodation was £200 each. 

It’s my birthday the day of the game so thought it would be rude not to! 😂🇱🇻

I really hope that goes through for you ok. eDreams take your order then go to the airline (probably Ryanair) and try to buy you a ticket and things sometimes don't work out. 

A quick look shows that those flights are a combination of easyJet, Wizzair and Ryanair, I think I would have been booking direct with the airlines.

Finger's crossed all goes well for you. 🤞

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Surely we'll see ticket info for this either today or Monday/Tuesday?

You would certainly think so since tickets for Riga fans have been on sale for 48 hours now. I suspect the ticket office have had their hands full with the 3 game home package but I'd be surprised if info isn't forthcoming by close of play today given its now under a fortnight away. 

periodictabledancer

Slight edit, the hotel changed to Dodo now as the thought of a shared bathroom at Valdemara was freaking me out! :P Booked on eDreams with the Prime discount, only £30 total.

Shared bathroom ? I never saw this and it's not mentioned on my booking . ☹️

1 hour ago, graygo said:

I really hope that goes through for you ok. eDreams take your order then go to the airline (probably Ryanair) and try to buy you a ticket and things sometimes don't work out. 

A quick look shows that those flights are a combination of easyJet, Wizzair, and Ryanair, I think I would have been booking direct with the airlines.

Finger's crossed all goes well for you. 🤞

Hey, thanks, all have gone straight through fine with instant confirmations and booking references received from all the airlines too!  :) 

13 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Double-check the confirmation email.  Mines said shared bathroom and toilet!! I can't be having that lol but you can book other hotels nearby for similar prices.  I got the Dodo (Private bathroom) for £30 in total but have seen it on Booking.com for £27 for 2 people as well. If you can cancel with a full refund, it might be a good option for you!  

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, JamboLuci said:

Double-check the confirmation email.  Mines said shared bathroom and toilet!! I can't be having that lol but you can book other hotels nearby for similar prices.  I got the Dodo (Private bathroom) for £30 in total but have seen it on Booking.com for £27 for 2 people as well. If you can cancel with a full refund, it might be a good option for you!  

Monika Centrum is our hotel. Minutes away from Skonto stadium, ideal.

5 minutes ago, JamboLuci said:

Hey, thanks, all have gone straight through fine with instant confirmations and booking references received from all the airlines too!  :) 

Great stuff 👍 

Some horror stories on TripAdvisor about them and a mate of mine got stung once too.

periodictabledancer
5 minutes ago, JamboLuci said:

It doesn't mention a shared bog on the confirmation but I'm not really bothered.

And I've already paid in advance to get the cheapest rate. 😐

And it's only 500M from the stadium.

And I'm still trying to convince myself it's a good deal. 

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

It doesn't mention a shared bog on the confirmation but I'm not really bothered.

Sorted then! It is a good deal! :) 

2 hours ago, JamboLuci said:

Panners are in the Dodo. Thu-Sat B&B only £55 each in total. 👍

43 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Pretty common in alot of euro countries. In Denmark my bathroom was just in corridor opposite and was a single unit completely self contained, seemed each room had one pretty much albeit not ensuite. Can't comment on your particular hotel but I wouldn't worry too much.

We are at mosaic hotel, also outside our room but was one of the decent hotels that had single beds for the triple room

44 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Think you're talking about two different places. The Valdemars is fine, all private bathrooms. The Valdemara Residence is over the street and seems more like a hostel with shared living areas and bathrooms. 

alicante jambo
44 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

3 of us booked, flying to and from Kaunas and getting the bus. 3 nights 👍

Ive sent you a message Cruz

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Pretty common in alot of euro countries. In Denmark my bathroom was just in corridor opposite and was a single unit completely self contained, seemed each room had one pretty much albeit not ensuite. Can't comment on your particular hotel but I wouldn't worry too much.

We are at mosaic hotel, also outside our room but was one of the decent hotels that had single beds for the triple room

It's part of the Accor chain which I've used a lot across Europe so it's a decent standard.

In the grand scheme of things it's no biggie. 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

Think you're talking about two different places. The Valdemars is fine, all private bathrooms. The Valdemara Residence is over the street and seems more like a hostel with shared living areas and bathrooms. 

👍

Just a heads up that there are train strikes planned for September 15 & 17 which might potentially effect people's plans who aren't flying direct from Edinburgh.