Irvine Welsh Tweet

Sertse

SectionDJambo

Hibs love him so much that they wouldn't let a scene in Trainspotting 2 be filmed on the Easter Road pitch. The film crew had to ask Hearts for permission to use Tynecastle instead, which we graciously agreed to.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Sertse

• Doctor FinnBarr

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

John Findlay

Compare and contrast.

1998, we play against a team, who have just narrowly lost out on winning 10 league titles in a row, it's is their legend of a manager's final game(at the time), before he moves on. The game is being played at the ground of their fiercest city rivals. Heart of Midlothian have not won the Scottish Cup since April 1956, 42 years previously, yet the support have had to ensure losses four times since 1956. But against the odds they prevail 2-1 and the support are in raptures, total delirium. They do not invade the pitch, tear down the goalposts, and have fights with their opposition supporters, instead they witness their team being presented with the trophy on the pitch, and then parading it joyously in front of them. A day that went without a hitch or any hint of trouble.

2016. At last Hibernian win the Scottish Cup after a wait of ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN YEARS, in which time they have experienced defeats to the likes of Airdrie, and Clyde, and a record defeat in a final of 6-1 in 1972.

A second more humiliating defeat to their fiercest city rivals of 5-1 on the 19th of May 2012. In fact they have never beaten their rivals in a cup semi final or final.

The final whistle goes in 2016, and they have beaten a club who are contesting their first Scottish Cup.final, do their supporters celebrate, no they decide to run on the pitch, wreck goalposts, and go fighting with their opposition supporters. Do they see their side presented with the cup on the pitch? No. Do they see their side parade the cup in front of them? No.

Did they as a support **** it up? Yes.

That is why they will forever be in the shadow of Heart of Midlothian.

Edited by John Findlay

Suppose we will never get over United winning the cup in 2010 then. Holds the same relevance.

Or what about the last 3 out of 4 years. Don't think we will ever get over that.

Such an irrelevant team, you could flip his tweet and say the same about them. A night they aren't involved in but they are tweeting about us.

The truth is they will never ever ever surpass 2012. That was their chance, but in typical Hibs fashion they shat it and bent over. Forever Hearts' whipping boys.

What a stupid thing to say but unsurprising. Their fans try to find new ways to console themselves. They're utterly pathetic and to be laughed at!

HamishMcGonagall
4 hours ago, martoon said:

4-0 semi in 2006,

5-1 final in 2012,

2-1 semi in 2020,

2-1 semi in 2022,

Unbeaten in derbies this decade,

146 -86 derby record...

Aye, I cry myself to sleep over Hibs winning a final vs. Rangers.

Ffs! 😃 

Can someone on twitter not reply this to him? 😁

Guys a tube. He's written some good story's and books, and the bad character in almost all of them have been portrayed as a hearts fan. Its pathetic,  and laughable. 

He has always been jelous of us, 2012, everything about us he cant deal with.  

On another note, let them sing about us. I don't know why we sing about hibs in game against ross county, Motherwell,  Dundee utd etc. The funny element of hibs are falling apart again etc, has had its time. Lets sing about the famous who are playing right infront of us and leave the hibs chants for them when they are there. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, Sertse said:

Does this wank think that they beat us in the 2016 final or something? Maybe he should stick to saying players should be beheaded with machetes, Hibs class

🤡

21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Compare and contrast.

1998, we play against a team, who have just narrowly lost out on winning 10 league titles in a row, it's is their legend of a manager's final game(at the time), before he moves on. The game is being played at the ground of their fiercest city rivals. Heart of Midlothian have not won the Scottish Cup since April 1956, 42 years previously, yet the support have had to ensure losses four times since 1956. But against the odds they prevail 2-1 and the support are in raptures, total delirium. They do not invade the pitch, tear down the goalposts, and have fights with their opposition supporters, instead they witness their team being presented with the trophy on the pitch, and then parading it joyously in front of them. A day that went without a hitch or any hint of trouble.

2016. At last Hibernian win the Scottish Cup after a wait of ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN YEARS, in which time they have experienced defeats to the likes of Airdrie, and Clyde, and a record defeat in a final of 6-1 in 1972.

A second more humiliating defeat to their fiercest city rivals of 5-1 on the 19th of May 2012. In fact they have never beaten their rivals in a cup semi final or final.

The final whistle goes in 2016, and they have beaten a club who are contesting their first Scottish Cup.final, do their supporters celebrate, no they decide to run on the pitch, wreck goalposts, and go fighting with their opposition supporters. Do they see their side presented with the cup on the pitch? No. Do they see their side parade the cup in front of them? No.

Nice. 👍🏆

ToadKiller Dog

In the year 2113  our half android great great grandkids will be singing "you've no won a big cup since 2016 " as the future world hearts put 5 past them at a crumbling hampden Park.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Hibs love him so much that they wouldn't let a scene in Trainspotting 2 be filmed on the Easter Road pitch. The film crew had to ask Hearts for permission to use Tynecastle instead, which we graciously agreed to.

Is that true?

Funny enough he gave that absolute scumbag wannabe gangster Bradley Welsh a part in trainspotting 2 and Irvine Welsh hangs around the hobo casuals like a bad smell.

I remember my hobo mate, his dad said that their club should have completely distanced themselves from the whole Bradley Welsh thing but instead they allowed a display to go ahead. 

Bizarre lot they are.

2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

In the year 2113  our half android great great grandkids will be singing "you've no won a big cup since 2016 " as the future world hearts put 5 past them at a crumbling hampden Park.

🤣🤣🤣

Auld Reekin'
53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Compare and contrast.

:icon14: :flag2:

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Compare and contrast.

:greatpost:

🤝

6 hours ago, Sertse said:

Does this wank think that they beat us in the 2016 final or something? Maybe he should stick to saying players should be beheaded with machetes, Hibs class

What an irrelevant twat.... I actually had to stop and think about what 2016 meant, regarding them! We really do live in their heads rent free.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Compare and contrast.

Cracking post John

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Is that true?

Funny enough he gave that absolute scumbag wannabe gangster Bradley Welsh a part in trainspotting 2 and Irvine Welsh hangs around the hobo casuals like a bad smell.

I remember my hobo mate, his dad said that their club should have completely distanced themselves from the whole Bradley Welsh thing but instead they allowed a display to go ahead. 

Bizarre lot they are.

I don’t know who the characters in the film are but one of them is seen doing a knee slide on a football pitch, maybe during a dream. The gantry is clearly that of Tynecastle and the story was they asked Hibs first but were refused.

Carl Fredrickson

I have not watched the video but are our fans singing about folk that died of cancer? Players or staff being refugees? Songs about sisters of players who may have a disability? 

I would doubt it. 

queensferryjambo
7 hours ago, Sertse said:

Pretty nothing tweet from Welsh IMO - Meh!

The guy getting his knickers in a twist about what  Hearts fans sing should maybe check out the fact that their fans sing about recently deceased Rangers players - and mock dead ex Hibs players????? Weird bunch.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/vile-football-fans-mock-rangers-27636367

I do respect him for having the balls to send Vlad his CV when the umpteenth manager got sacked during that infamous famous season. That was hilarious.

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, martoon said:

4-0 semi in 2006,

5-1 final in 2012,

2-1 semi in 2020,

2-1 semi in 2022,

Unbeaten in derbies this decade,

146 -86 derby record...

Aye, I cry myself to sleep over Hibs winning a final vs. Rangers.

IV is an absolute ersepeice !

7 hours ago, martoon said:

Ffs! 😃 

AC Mallin_51

May 2016. We weren’t even involved 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ suppose that’s due to that 2-2 result which clearly seems to be their greatest ever result against us. Try May 2012, we were both certainly involved that day 😂 throw in a few semi finals into the bargain anaw. A reminder of the gulf between us as clubs 

AC Mallin_51
3 hours ago, 151 said:

Suppose we will never get over United winning the cup in 2010 then. Holds the same relevance.

Or what about the last 3 out of 4 years. Don't think we will ever get over that.

Such an irrelevant team, you could flip his tweet and say the same about them. A night they aren't involved in but they are tweeting about us.

The truth is they will never ever ever surpass 2012. That was their chance, but in typical Hibs fashion they shat it and bent over. Forever Hearts' whipping boys.

I still can’t sleep knowing saints won it in 2014 AND 2021. May as well give up 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Guys a tube. He's written some good story's and books, and the bad character in almost all of them have been portrayed as a hearts fan. Its pathetic,  and laughable. 

He has always been jelous of us, 2012, everything about us he cant deal with.  

On another note, let them sing about us. I don't know why we sing about hibs in game against ross county, Motherwell,  Dundee utd etc. The funny element of hibs are falling apart again etc, has had its time. Lets sing about the famous who are playing right infront of us and leave the hibs chants for them when they are there. 

I beg to differ, he writes pish

Had Irvine Welsh respond on twitter in a good spirit, no problem with him. It’s hard to think of any sort of decent comeback if you are a Hibs fan, and he’s not managed it either!

Weakened Offender
5 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What a stupid thing to say but unsurprising. Their fans try to find new ways to console themselves. They're utterly pathetic and to be laughed at!

The funny thing is that they think the 2016 Scottish Cup win makes up for 2012. 😁

Welsh is an utter arsehole. If you have read his books you will see that Hearts live rent free in his head. One of those vermin utterly destroyed due to our continual derby domination 

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

We all have regrets in life.  One of mine is ever buying any of his books.

Tosser.

Mine too.

11 hours ago, Sertse said:

The comments in the tweet are just as moronic. Apparently it destroyed us.

I added a short YouTube clip from a game I remember being at in 2012 in his comments.

No response.

No Idle Talk

Never get over May 2016? 🤣

I had forgotten it was 2016  when they won the cup until I read that just now. That's how much it registers with me. 

Ugliest man I have laid my eyes on in my 57 years on this earth.

Face like a police identikit statement by Stevie Wonder and if he got married again the other week he must be have a large cock or even a larger wallet.

I suspect the latter.

Some people grow into older years with a certain dignity and grace but he seems to appear to want to buck this trend and just be hibs.

12 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Welsh is an utter arsehole. If you have read his books you will see that Hearts live rent free in his head. One of those vermin utterly destroyed due to our continual derby domination 

He loves making the 'bad guys' in his books Hearts fans and the hero a hobo. Absolute walloper

Bazzas right boot

Tbf,  many on here do bang on about it -  a lot. 

Some posters bring it up at every opportunity and use it as a stick to beat Bob with. 

No question, It did break a select few,  the phoodle rabid gang being the poster boys for this and probably why he and others think what he does. 

The problem ( one of) is the phoodle gang that have banged on about this for years  are likely banned or don't go to Tynecastle and are made up of about 15 people,  a printer and a few dirty bed sheets. 

Add in the plane hiring goons and you begin to understand why eejits like Welsh think we haven't gotten over it,  when in fact we have and it's a small group of Robbie rabids that haven't. This group has always been an embarrassment in more ways than one and give clowns like Welsh a reason to believe what he does. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf,  many on here do bang on about it -  a lot. 

Some posters bring it up at every opportunity and use it as a stick to beat Bob with. 

No question, It did break a select few,  the phoodle rabid gang being the poster boys for this and probably why he and others think what he does. 

The problem ( one of) is the phoodle gang that have banged on about this for years  are likely banned or don't go to Tynecastle and are made up of about 15 people,  a printer and a few dirty bed sheets. 

Add in the plane hiring goons and you begin to understand why eejits like Welsh think we haven't gotten over it,  when in fact we have and it's a small group of Robbie rabids that haven't. This group has always been an embarrassment in more ways than one and give clowns like Welsh a reason to believe what he does. 

Ah, so it's all Hearts fans' fault, Tosh ?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Here's us thinking it was just Welsh being an erse when any normal newlywed should be content pumping his wife on a regular basis !