• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

• neilnunb

5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Haring is a perfect example of how we should have improved, let him go, and replaced him with better. He should be at best, a squad filler, or binned. But it's too late for that now!

he will be a squad player when Benni is back 🤷🏻‍♂️  He won’t play every week. I’d wager he will play most games at home especially after the World Cup break and when Benni is back

Aussie Jambo

Reading this I’m glad I didn’t watch it. Up at 3am here in Australia. Couldn’t get onton watch BBC iplayer. VPN on and it’s wanting me to log in. Time I set up account I missed the whole ****ing game. 

But what iI can see from posts is Sibbick needs to GTF. Sorry to say I’ve never rated him. He did one good on the line save but that’s it for me. Also a bit sad to see that Atkinson isn’t cutting it either going by comments. 

All in all it’s probably for the best and my blood pressure that I missed it. 

I’m pretty sure we can take them at home. As long as the fans make plenty noise. 

10 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Haring is a perfect example of how we should have improved, let him go, and replaced him with better. He should be at best, a squad filler, or binned. But it's too late for that now!

So you pick tonight's game, against the Swiss champions, who have a few multi million pound players in their squad, as a moment to say 'told you so, Haring's not good enough'?

Are you conveniently ignoring the good start he has made to this season, and him being our best central midfielder last season?

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Aussie Jambo said:

Reading this I’m glad I didn’t watch it. Up at 3am here in Australia. Couldn’t get onton watch BBC iplayer. VPN on and it’s wanting me to log in. Time I set up account I missed the whole ****ing game. 

But what iI can see from posts is Sibbick needs to GTF. Sorry to say I’ve never rated him. He did one good on the line save but that’s it for me. Also a bit sad to see that Atkinson isn’t cutting it either going by comments. 

I’m pretty sure we can take them at home. As long as the fans make plenty noise. 

We played against Swiss champions and lost 2-1 because of mad 5 minutes. All to play for next week. Going by the comments from the haters on here, we lost 6-0 and are out of Europe.

Watch and decide for yourself.

periodictabledancer
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Haring needs to stick stick to what he's good at , move the ball quicker and stopping playing passes beyond him. He's still good, better than anyone at the club currently in his role but he has to be quicker. Part of the problem is , he is often isolated and he gets crowded - it happened a lot tonight. 

Watt-Zeefuik
23 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Cool story 😎.... I've learned tonight that defeats are a good thing, unless you're a pantwetter. And our manager thinks that a poor performance, is really, actually an outstanding one.

It's half time FFS and we get to take this mob back to Tynecastle.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, saxondale said:

So you pick tonight's game, against the Swiss champions, who have a few multi million pound players in their squad, as a moment to say 'told you so, Haring's not good enough'?

Are you conveniently ignoring the good start he has made to this season, and him being our best central midfielder last season?

Yep, just another excuse to slag off Haring and Hearts.

Some folk would complain if we lost against Man City or Real Madrid. 

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We played against Swiss champions and lost 2-1 because of mad 5 minutes. All to play for next week. Going by the comments from the haters on here, we lost 6-0 and are out of Europe.

100% this. 

Folks having a go at Sibbick etc need a reality check. 

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

he will be a squad player when Benni is back 🤷🏻‍♂️  He won’t play every week. I’d wager he will play most games at home especially after the World Cup break and when Benni is back

My point is, we really shouldn't have extended his contract.

Aussie Jambo
5 minutes ago, fila said:

Really want Atkinson to succeed , as he came across from Australia , it does seem like the step up in standard has exposed him at times . Hopefully he is learning and can push on from here 

Want all our Aussie players to do well. Atkinson was great to start with but he seems to have dipped. 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yes if it’s being shown. Heard it’s not on bbc or Hearts TV. I’ve got BeIn Sport but I can see it’ll be on that either. 

I thought it would be a draw or lose by a goal. But I’m sure we will do the biz at Tynie. 

Playing away from home is always going to be hard, even if it was a semi-neutral venue. Zurich do have talent but we can beat anyone at Tynecastle and we (as fans) need to turn up next week and be the twelfth man. If we do, we'll win. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
36 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Why single out them. Devlin and Haring were grim and made many sloppy passes that almost led to Zurich scoring.  

Devlin was outstanding tonight.

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Id class that game like an away game at pitttodrie. Never an old firm away game.  Which gives me a lot of optimism for the home game. 

I wasn’t meaning tonight was like playing at CP or Ibrox (the former should be fun on Sunday 😟).  

I meant at a packed Tynecastle, we will have nothing to fear from this team, considering on our day, we can beat either half of the OF there, who I consider are far better than Zurich.

The set up and performance has to be perfect/high next week. Couple that, with the atmosphere and tight pitch and we are in with a good shout.

6 minutes ago, saxondale said:

He's slow in possession, he's slow to make a pass, he gets caught in possession too many times. My opinion of him has never changed, he has the odd decent performance against lesser competition, but we are looking to move on and improve. We won't do it with the likes of Peter Haring in midfield.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Want all our Aussie players to do well. Atkinson was great to start with but he seems to have dipped. 

Potentially the speed of the game and movement catches him out ? I don’t think people realise how big the step up is .

My local amateur team Peninsular Power are through again to the last 16 of the cup , and can give the Roar a good game . It would be like Penicuik Athletic getting to the last 16 of the Scottish cup on a regular basis 

32 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Halkett had played very well for Livingston and had proved himself. Anyone who has a clue about football could see he was a good player. We may disagree about the potential for Atkinson… I would  guess you would probably agree the team played a lot better against RC and Zurich after Atkinson went off.

Halkett played in a three at Livi and looked good.  He has been at his best with us in the middle of a three.  When we went to back four he was struggling at first but has looked better recently. 

Captain Lithuania
16 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Clear to see how it took you over an hour and 45 minutes to create an account on iPlayer. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Devlin was outstanding tonight.

It’s interesting some players seem to be above any criticism on JKB. Devlin  made a number of very poor passes that almost led to Zurich scoring. 

25 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Agreed.  Don’t think we were desperate to keep him but Beni’s injury plus Devlin’s  injury forced our hand into offering a further year. He is cover for Beni, Devlin and  new signing once all are available. Won’t be here next summer. 

23 minutes ago, fila said:

Really want Atkinson to succeed , as he came across from Australia , it does seem like the step up in standard has exposed him at times . Hopefully he is learning and can push on from here 

Might succeed as a right winger.  Won’t succeed as a right back. 

Glamorgan Jambo

I presume the guy with the pipe and the large glass of white wine was the owner of FC Zurich. He got lots of airtime (so did Ann btw).

aside from that we’ve got a chance next week. Provided we don’t constantly give them the ball.

A decent result. A troubling performance from a few.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nothing to freak out about tonight.

Its very easy to say that the team should have been this or we should have done such and such.

This was a team we had never seen in its current set up until 2 weeks ago. Our management etc aren’t soothsayers.

If we had been told we’d play the Swiss League Champions in the play off 3 weeks ago, few of us would have given us a chance. 

The fact that we have a decent chance is hugely encouraging after a difficult leg with an inexperienced team in Europe away from home. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Might succeed as a right winger.  Won’t succeed as a right back. 

It is feeling a bit touch and go at the moment for him in that role….

I get the point about having an experienced RCB to help him out and even if not we do need one more quality signing in defence (as well as midfield and attack) before the window closes IMO.

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Glass half full, reckon they’re very beatable at tynecastle.

Remember Zagreb? They took us to pieces in Croatia, then absolutely shat it at Tynecastle. We really had them on the ropes and I still feel we could have pinched that tie.

I want them to feel under pressure from kick off. No time on the ball, noise and nastiness from the stands, ball boys giving it them tight, **** FC Zurich, we're taking that Europa League spot.

download.jpeg.8fd286760990833db0b0a74682021970.jpeg

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Gershwin said:

Remember Zagreb? They took us to pieces in Croatia, then absolutely shat it at Tynecastle. We really had them on the ropes and I still feel we could have pinched that tie.

I want them to feel under pressure from kick off. No time on the ball, noise and nastiness from the stands, ball boys giving it them tight, **** FC Zurich, we're taking that Europa League spot.

download.jpeg.8fd286760990833db0b0a74682021970.jpeg

Stewart’s shot that hits the bar goes in and it was very much game on…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

good footballer but like you say far too slow

he's not that good that it makes up for his all round slow play tho , imo.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It is feeling a bit touch and go at the moment for him in that role….

I get the point about having an experienced RCB to help him out and even if not we do need one more quality signing in defence (as well as midfield and attack) before the window closes IMO.

👍

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Stewart’s shot that hits the bar goes in and it was very much game on…

He mentioned that game tonight on bbc Scotland 

35 minutes ago, CMc said:

Atkinson needs to hit the gym and play alongside an experienced RCB. 

Yup, Atkinson and Sibbick together is an accident waiting to happen.

We might get away with sibbick and smith or Halkett and Atkinson but only against poorer spfl teams.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Neilson said to the press what he needed his team to hear.

Agreed, and rightly so tbf.

52 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He has never been that fast but his dwelling on the ball and awareness is also too slow.

He understands his role and reads the game well. Just can't quite get about the park as he would like or pre injury. 

Anyone coming in now needs to be a level or two above what's here just now. We need types who will be starting 11 regulars and make us better.

Won't be easy to find or cheap. That's what we need if we are to take steps forward. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Yup, Atkinson and Sibbick together is an accident waiting to happen.

We might get away with sibbick and smith or Halkett and Atkinson but only against poorer spfl teams.

We need a strong and accomplished experienced player who can play RCB. That's been clear since we knew Souttar was leaving. He's not been replaced which seems odd given we knew he was leaving in January and it's almost September.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

😂 I was thinking that myself. Who was he ? Like u said, he looked like a right old duffer

He's probably younger than me. :( (I "just" do fags though)

Why are we so poor in possession? 

For me we remain a team that plays for a 15 min spell in the first half and 20

mins in the second half and look good.

For the other 55 we are bang average to actually quite poor. We sit in, can’t get out, don’t break the lines and are so enfuriatingly poor on the ball. 

buzzbomb1958
2 minutes ago, Carter said:

We need a strong and accomplished experienced player who can play RCB. That's been clear since we knew Souttar was leaving. He's not been replaced which seems odd given we knew he was leaving in January and it's almost September.

My honest opinion is there’s a bit of penny pinching going on being honest half that team are second rate I’m afraid 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

My honest opinion is there’s a bit of penny pinching going on being honest half that team are second rate I’m afraid 

Some reality checks tonight for the standard of the players. Step up really shows certain players up. Knew souttar was leaving for months but never replaced him. Rowles is decent but wrong side

The Old Tolbooth

I thought we done okay tonight, they’re a million more miles streetwise in Europe than we are, and it showed! They’re very cute with their diving and fouls, we didn’t try any of that at all, and it might’ve benefitted us if we did.  

I’m bemused as to why Robbie started Natty at right back when Smith is far more solid there, and then he ditches Natty at half time to confirm our thoughts and brings on Smith, and then moves Smith into midfield and takes Haring off, although bizarrely it nearly worked 😂 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Twice in two starts that Atkinson is hooked at half time.

think he was the owner,showed a few times  or someone high up in their set up...

buzzbomb1958
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Some reality checks tonight for the standard of the players. Step up really shows certain players up. Knew souttar was leaving for months but never replaced him. Rowles is decent but wrong side

If we want to step up a gear we need to speculate to accumulate being honest I think recruitment has been poor for a club who are going into Europe , this squad is not good enough for two games a week injury will occur and I dont think this squad is good enough to cope

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

should be like getting a new player ,when beni returns, heres hoping....

3 hours ago, Bauld said:

Much better. More energy. Not giving them time on the ball. 

This Zurich team are actually shite. If you press them at all they make mistakes and give up possession. 

Problem is we are letting them have time and space. 

Exactly.  Our persistence in standing off teams is bloody frustrating. If we were to press this lot we would have more success.

periodictabledancer
18 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You need help. 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

If we want to step up a gear we need to speculate to accumulate being honest I think recruitment has been poor for a club who are going into Europe , this squad is not good enough for two games a week injury will occur and I dont think this squad is good enough to cope

No it's not.  Unfortunately unless more players come in, we will be found out over the next few months.  Halkett will be big miss.

48 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

He's slow in possession, he's slow to make a pass, he gets caught in possession too many times. My opinion of him has never changed, he has the odd decent performance against lesser competition, but we are looking to move on and improve. We won't do it with the likes of Peter Haring in midfield.

And therein is the crux of the issue - you've never rated him as a player, and are too stubborn to have your mind changed. If he plays well, you won't accept it. If he plays poorly it is completely blown out of proportion with little rationale.

You didn't even address my point either (funnily enough)...

Exile fae Main Street

We gave the ball away cheaply far too often  actually made them look better than they are; we also sat far to deep whether by accident or choice? A RCB is desperately needed asap, and hope Halkett's injury isn't ad bad as feared.