European travel thread

The_razors_edge

Scott Leitch
3 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

Just wanted to say thanks to Sandy and his crew that gave my mate and I some great chat on the bus from St. Gallen to the stadium, and all the other folks that responded with a smile to me (a Livi fan, living in Zürich) wearing a Hibs top for a bit of harmless banter. My pal is a big Hibee and we came along to enjoy the game in good spirits and get a dose of much-missed Scottish craic. (He contributed in this thread as HibbyInZurich to help folks with travelling to the game.)

To the chap that punched me in face outside the stadium, despite us being as friendly as can be: take a look at yourself. We’re all people pal. To the folks that kindly stopped by to help out but asked "what did you think would happen wearing a Hibs top?": sorry, but you're part of the problem. We can't normalise such behaviour - it is not acceptable to lamp someone just because they support another team, even if they're your arch rivals, and even if you're pished.

Especially as Scots abroad, we're better than that.

Made me horny reading this. 

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• The Hogfather

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

7 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

Just wanted to say thanks to Sandy and his crew that gave my mate and I some great chat on the bus from St. Gallen to the stadium, and all the other folks that responded with a smile to me (a Livi fan, living in Zürich) wearing a Hibs top for a bit of harmless banter. My pal is a big Hibee and we came along to enjoy the game in good spirits and get a dose of much-missed Scottish craic. (He contributed in this thread as HibbyInZurich to help folks with travelling to the game.)

To the chap that punched me in face outside the stadium, despite us being as friendly as can be: take a look at yourself. We’re all people pal. To the folks that kindly stopped by to help out but asked "what did you think would happen wearing a Hibs top?": sorry, but you're part of the problem. We can't normalise such behaviour - it is not acceptable to lamp someone just because they support another team, even if they're your arch rivals, and even if you're pished.

For someone to punch you is wrong.

but no offence, wearing a Hibs top ‘for a laugh’ to a Hearts European trip is just plain wrong. Not sure what you were expecting to happen - everyone to welcome you with open arms!?

as I said, it’s wrong you were punched, but if I did the same to a Hibs European game it would have been more than one persons that slapped me!

@HibbyinZurich thanks for all the help with the travel chat. Always great for a fellow football fan to offer some assistance 

I can't believe you thought 1000 pissed up football fans would think you wearing a Hibs top funny? This would happen with every set of fans in Britain and certainly vice versa, you weak attempt at humour ended badly, no excuses for the person who hit you but show a wee bit sense and don't seek attention in the wrong places

Edited by lou

UchesPackage
9 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

poor from the boy that it was just one punch 

9 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

You are of course 100% correct BathgateLad. You should be able to wear whatever you want wherever you want without somebody punching you in the face. I'm not condoning what happened, but in the real world of football tribalism and rivalries, wearing your Hibs strip was always going to attract the one pissed up idiot you really would have been better avoiding. You are right and he is wrong which is little consolation as you are the one with the sore face. As for normalising that behaviour, it's been normal for a very long time. 

So was the Livvy supporters mate who was the Hibby also in a Hibs top or just the Livvy boy? It honestly sounds like a load of bollocks, can't belevie someone would be as idiotic to do this at a Hearts away Euro game. 

chuck berrys hairline

The Hearts fan that lamped him should be awarded 100LP's

Gorgie Aggro 💢 👊😅 

Midloth_Iain

There is talk on the FCZ fans forum of the Hearts fans being great 'apart from the brawl in their sector' .....

presumably said H***

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Sounds like made up shite to me! Couple of sad Hibby’s desperate for attention. **** off. 

Or someone who's stairs don't go all the way to the attic !

Either way, pretty sad.

RustyRightPeg

Well done to those who travelled, BBC did their best to mute the songs but we could still hear you.

Hope it was a fantastic trip and the weather didn’t ruin it too much. 

Harry Potter
37 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

So was the Livvy supporters mate who was the Hibby also in a Hibs top or just the Livvy boy? It honestly sounds like a load of bollocks, can't belevie someone would be as idiotic to do this at a Hearts away Euro game. 

You think you have heard it all, then this pops up, madness. every day its something else, beyond me.

12 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

There is talk on the FCZ fans forum of the Hearts fans being great 'apart from the brawl in their sector' .....

presumably said H***

Saldly no, I saw from higher up at the corner there were a few jambo v jambo fists flying and security staff being manhandled at the vomitory for at least five minutes, not unlike in Zagreb.  
Also being seated at the corner next to the separating fence there was a man with a UEFA bib and telephoto lens photographing the hearts supporters antics.

A well known supposedly ITK poster on here once wore a Hearts top to a Cup Tie in Dingwall where R C beat Hibs and we all thought it was great banter. He even joined in the pitch invasion with the celebrating County fans. 😏

17 hours ago, corryjambo said:

Arsehole. Just to let you know that that is a compliment as we are all arseholes on this board. Welcome to the club. 

Can I take back that post please.                                                                                                    I abhor violence in any shape or form and don't particularly like tribalism, but for you and your mate to think that wearing a Hibs top to a Hearts game was a good wind up is stupid behaviour in the extreme.  Can you imagine the consequences of wearing a Celtic top to a Rangers European tie. I reckon it would be more severe than one punch to the face.                                                              You are now just an arsehole plain and simple and not in the way it is used in this board to describe ourselves.

manaliveits105
8 minutes ago, Wonfiveone said:

Saldly no, I saw from higher up at the corner there were a few jambo v jambo fists flying and security staff being manhandled at the vomitory for at least five minutes, not unlike in Zagreb.  
Also being seated at the corner next to the separating fence there was a man with a UEFA bib and telephoto lens photographing the hearts supporters antics.

Does Donkey not work for Eufa now as well - biggest fine ever for Scottish club incoming 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

A well known supposedly ITK poster on here once wore a Hearts top to a Cup Tie in Dingwall where R C beat Hibs and we all thought it was great banter. He even joined in the pitch invasion with the celebrating County fans. 😏

That is great banter. Not when Hibs fans pull the same shit though. Football is tribal. I’m sure the poster your talking about wouldn’t have been totally surprised to end up with a crack on the jaw. 

10 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

You wore a Hibs top, are you stupid?  Do you wear a Celtic top when Rangers are in town.  Violence is never to be condoned but dear me.

11 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

4421CED5-4D86-4C4B-85AF-1709F2418E22.jpeg

Boyces beard
11 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

Honestly wtf did you expect, a Livi fan wearing a hibs top amongst a lot of pissed up Jambos on a European trip. TBH your extremely lucky not to be sipping your lunch through a straw this afternoon, i think you got away lightly, you should make a small donation to the FOH as a gesture of thanks for only receiving a smack from one Jambo.

Livi fan in Zurich. 

Wears Hibs top for a bit of 'harmless banter' to a Hearts European away game.

Very naïve. What were you expecting? 

Were you expecting to noise up some hearts fans? What 'banter' were you trying to get in to?

Sher stupidity. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Don’t think he was strutting about in the middle of the Hibs support looking for banter, though. He was in the Ross County end with Ross County mates. My cousin lives up there and was at that game and I’m sure the Hearts top only made an appearance during said pitch invasion. 

It was bad enough wearing a Hearts top around some of the roasters in our support last night never mind a Hibs top what were you honestly expecting 

3 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

It was bad enough wearing a Hearts top around some of the roasters in our support last night never mind a Hibs top what were you honestly expecting 

Unfortunately true .

Got dug up by self appointed PHM in Bordeaux bar for not being a Hearts fan . No idea why.

You don't need to wear a Hibs strip to attract the ******s in our support 

7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Unfortunately true .

Got dug up by self appointed PHM in Bordeaux bar for not being a Hearts fan . No idea why.

You don't need to wear a Hibs strip to attract the ******s in our support 

there are some absolute toss pots that follow Hearts abroad. We had a similar issue with some in Basle.

they all seem to think that because they are abroad, it’s ok to act like a total 🔔 end and get away with it. 90% of our fans are brilliant, but the minority often spoil it for the majority 

The Hogfather

This doesn’t detract from what, so far, has been a very enjoyable away Euro trip but there were a handful of fans last night who didn’t do themselves any favours. 

1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

This doesn’t detract from what, so far, has been a very enjoyable away Euro trip but there were a handful of fans last night who didn’t do themselves any favours. 

Never been to an away trip without something kicking off due to copious amounts of beer. It is what it is. 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Never been to an away trip without something kicking off due to copious amounts of beer. It is what it is. 

Absolutely. It’s not something that’s ruined our trip, it’s just a minor disappointment. 

Jambo na hÉireann

People, in general, are *****. Find the good ‘uns, stick with them, have a good time.

Never. I repeat, never…wear a Hibs shirt. Not even while declogging the drains. 

That Hibee in Zurich poster is a weirdo. He was in a pub in Zurich on Wednesday with his Hibs top on alone. Clearly an attention seeking idiot.

17 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

People, in general, are *****. Find the good ‘uns, stick with them, have a good time.

Never. I repeat, never…wear a Hibs shirt. Not even while declogging the drains. 

Probably find that's what is blocking the drain ?

17 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So what happened to the Basel Brigade? Did they make it to the match?

This is what I tuned in for. The Livingston/Hibs idiot is an interesting sideline, though.

40 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So what happened to the Basel Brigade? Did they make it to the match?

I heard that they made it in time for the second half.

13 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

Weirdo behaviour from you, frankly.

If I was in full archbishop of banterbury mode, boarding the banterbus to St Banter, bantering with the H1B5 fans while wearing a Hearts top, a punch in the face is the least I’d expect.

Hope all the JTs had a great trip. Bit jealous but will keep the powder dry for the group stages. 

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

I heard that they made it in time for the second half.

Better late than never!

- - ♥️♥️

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Boab said:

From what I saw, there was no trouble in Stuttgart, Braga, or Bordeaux. Even against St. Pat's in Dublin, the only trouble was from the erseholes in the sellick tops, who were apparently down in Dub just to cause problems and stir things up. Of course, there might well have been stuff going on that I wasn't aware of, but I'm pretty sure there was nothing of note.

However, I do get the feeling that the culture has changed a bit in recent years and that there is now more potential for bother amongst some of our younger and more "exuberant" :ermm: supporters.

14 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

Sounds like he never punched you hard enough imo.

Utterly bizarre behaviour and even more bizarre that you sound surprised by the outcome.

Edited by hughesie27

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Sounds like he never punched you hard enough imo.

Utterly bizarre behaviour and even more bizarre that you sound surprised by the outcome.

👍🏽

I’ve been on half a dozen Euro trips. The only one we’ve not really enjoyed was Prague. On the train with the UJ father and son mob from Brno to Prague. Just low lifes to a man and boy pure and simple. Half an hour into the journey we got off and caught the next train. Then some guy at the game felt up his mates girlfriend and got slapped stupid for it, then another clown fell down the steps and went boxing with a guy who was laughing but actually helped him up. Horrible trip. Horrible Prague fans. Some horrible Hearts fans. Horrible game. Big huge horrible polis waiting for a silent fart so they could lay into you. We walked back, had a nightcap, went to bed.

Edited by JimmyCant

adambraejambo
14 hours ago, BathgateLad said:

You only have yourself to blame. Maybe would have been better wearing the new Livi top then it would be people laughing and pointing at you. Instead you Hibsd it . 

tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif.901460f418eb06613a03b765a6a4e6b2.gif

Clark Griswold

A certain someone will be along the now to pass on the ‘grass on your own fans’ hotline for you pal.