New stadium announcer

Muppetboy

Surely saying "Hearts of Midlothian" is just someone that is used to referring to us as Hearts, now trying to adjust to say "Heart of Midlothian" all the time. It can be tricky to retrain your brain on something like that. Sure he'll fix it over time. Inconceivable that he thinks "Hearts of Midlothian" is correct.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• luckydug

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

On 14/08/2022 at 21:37, The Maroon Pound said:

You mean to say you don't know who the Hearts player's that scored today? 

Didn't have my best glasses with me today :(.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, flecktimus said:

Didn't have my best glasses with me today :(.

Can’t always tell who is who anyway unless you can see the number on shirt 

On 14/08/2022 at 20:20, been here before said:

Can hear him up the back of Section C no bother.

The fact he isnt Scott Wilson remains a great thing.

😁👍

Drew Wallace
On 14/08/2022 at 18:58, kingantti1874 said:

Did he say “hearts of Midlothian” at the start of the game 

Swear I heard that as well when going to the toilet even asked a fellow jambo if so unforgivable 

On 14/08/2022 at 20:53, Hungry hippo said:

The fact the Wheatfield are having issues and everyone else is fine is only a positive IMO 😉

This feedback will just be making him feel at home with his main job as a high school teacher, the decent kids have no issues but the dafties never listen and complain they can't hear!

Jambo 4 Ever
58 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Think part of tne problem of not hearing him clearly is that he doesn't enunciate like Scott Wilson does. 

Perhaps he could ask Scott for some tips?

as it’s quite frustrating not being able to make out what he says from the wheatfield 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

Holyrood_Hearts
3 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

Swear I heard that as well when going to the toilet even asked a fellow jambo if so unforgivable 

Yeah I thought he said that too. 

I can't say whether the guy is good, bad or indifferent, because I can't make out a word he says.  I'm in the Gorgie (and really need to update my JKB location to that effect, but I cannae be ersed.  God knows how folk can be bothered changing their name every 6 months or so)

Bungalow Bill
20 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Perhaps he could ask Scott for some tips?

as it’s quite frustrating not being able to make out what he says from the wheatfield 

This isn’t his first outing as a stadium announcer, he had the gig at Hampden. 

from reading the thread, there seems to be an issue with the sound quality in the Wheatfield and folk don’t like change. 

I think he’s been good so far. I was never a fan of the Scott Wilson patter. 

• 11 months later...

Back to the mic volume and sibilance being out again today. No doubt someone has messed about with the levels during the summer break. 

Music volume is fine but main stand is uncomfortably deafening from our resident sibilance producer. Was so loud that I could t even hear if we got Hearts of Midlothian, Make Some Noise or whatever else. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, SecN said:

Back to the mic volume and sibilance being out again today. No doubt someone has messed about with the levels during the summer break. 

Music volume is fine but main stand is uncomfortably deafening from our resident sibilance producer. Was so loud that I could t even hear if we got Hearts of Midlothian, Make Some Noise or whatever else. 

Sounded fine to me and I was unfortunately in the main stand today.

been here before
18 minutes ago, Different Class said:

Music choice is abysmal, twee pop like Bastille and twin atlantic. Boke inducing 

Who the **** pays attention to the playlist at the fitba?

:rofl:

ShortmanRossco
1 minute ago, been here before said:

This.

Different Class
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Wee things like that are part of the experience of going to Tynecastle, no knickers are being wet but the voice of our stadium would be better suited to scripted bants with boogie and arlene over breakfast than getting a stadium going.

Suppose if everyones just buried in their phones and AirPods it makes less of a difference these days anyway :lol: 

Perth to Paisley

Sort of related but we didn't use the big screens today other than "adverts' - would have been good to see the teams to identify the away players .

Also it might have been good to tell the crowd things like Gnonto is an Italian international and played for Zurich last season at Tynecastle.

All part of including the customers. 

heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Sort of related but we didn't use the big screens today other than "adverts' - would have been good to see the teams to identify the away players .

Also it might have been good to tell the crowd things like Gnonto is an Italian international and played for Zurich last season at Tynecastle.

All part of including the customers. 

Was about to post this.

No idea why they showed a repeat of adverts/who's the mascot today in the big screens. It's as if the person in charge was off or forgot.