• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• luckydug

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

Gorgie_Rules

The boys in maroon thing is very cringey and a bit hibs.

Doing a decent job otherwise, can hear clearly in the main stand

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Much harder to hear what he's saying than Scott Wilson.

Don't like the difficult to hear audio commentary of goals before the game.

Good to have interviews with Savage etc but not if you can't hear them.

To be fair it was always much easier to hear Scott Wilson than whoever he was interviewing so presumably it is an issue with how he speaks into the microphone not the speakers.

‘Jambo 4 (n)Ever’ 😂😂😂

You can here him absolutely fine, maybe you’re struggling to hear the players nicknames and awful ‘banter’…. that’s because there is none!

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

**** me we get the picture :rofl:

OK, but can they hear the picture in the Wheatfield? I know I can't.

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The boys in maroon thing is very cringey and a bit hibs.

Doing a decent job otherwise, can hear clearly in the main stand

Cringe?

kingantti1874

Scottie Wilson is a tough act to follow. They are doing fine  imo but need to quite with the “hearts of Midlothian “

if that continues it could irritate me as badly as HoMFC.

just no

Clark Griswold

Notice He also says “Jambos fans” which sounds a bit weird. Should be Hearts fans or just Jambos IMO.

I heard him in the middle of section D but I did have to listen carefully. 

Scott Wilson's voice used to boom into your ears no problem.

Diadora Van Basten

Couldn’t make out to much of what he said in Gorgie. 

Some of the stuff was pretty cringe especially Steven Kingsley. Reminded me of BBC commentator in cup final determined to get everything written down out there.

On a positive the goal music was good and I liked the Mock Turtles.

I couldn't make out a word the announcer was saying in section C Wheatfield. Normally i like the goal scorer to be confirmed , but i just couldn't pick out the names today.

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

I couldn't make out a word the announcer was saying in section C Wheatfield. Normally i like the goal scorer to be confirmed , but i just couldn't pick out the names today.

You mean to say you don't know who the Hearts player's that scored today? 

Thought today he was trying too hard. 

Jambos fans.

Hearts of midlothian .

Whatever the free kick reference in Kingsley's substitute .

Boys in maroon talk of the town.

Worst thing is drowning the crowd every time we score with music. Leave a 20 second gap, announce the goal scorer without music. 

gorgie rd eh11
9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Couldn’t make out to much of what he said in Gorgie. 

Some of the stuff was pretty cringe especially Steven Kingsley. Reminded me of BBC commentator in cup final determined to get everything written down out there.

On a positive the goal music was good and I liked the Mock Turtles.

Yeah the Steven Kingsley free kick thing was cringey, just announce the names.

"Hearts" of Midlothian is not something that should ever be heard.

The volume and distortion is now a problem. Actually being in the main stand is audibly uncomfortable. Music being a bit too loud is half the challenge, but the main problem is the mic output volume. 

I’m expecting the speaker distortion and output volume is what is causing the announcer to sound like he is saying ‘Hearts of Midlothian’. Possibility that this is caused by sibilance on the chaps natural speech caused by the output setup. He may also have some form of speech impediment that the PA system is magnifying. 

I’ll either start to take ear plugs which would then mean having a chat with those around me becomes tricky. 

I am hoping the club know about this and it’s not just auld guys moaning about it not being hi-ho silverlining  on the playlist or it being one personality versus another. 

7 minutes ago, SecN said:

The volume and distortion is now a problem. Actually being in the main stand is audibly uncomfortable. Music being a bit too loud is half the challenge, but the main problem is the mic output volume. 

I’m expecting the speaker distortion and output volume is what is causing the announcer to sound like he is saying ‘Hearts of Midlothian’. Possibility that this is caused by sibilance on the chaps natural speech caused by the output setup. He may also have some form of speech impediment that the PA system is magnifying. 

I’ll either start to take ear plugs which would then mean having a chat with those around me becomes tricky. 

I am hoping the club know about this and it’s not just auld guys moaning about it not being hi-ho silverlining  on the playlist or it being one personality versus another. 

The volume was way better than previously but, yes, his sibilance needs sorted. A wee further tweak on the EQ would sort it.

It seems like there is a discrepancy in sound quality between the various stands. That needs looking into.

Think he’s decent enough, but finding his way a wee bit.

I would like times to be given ie “scoring for Hearts in the 23rd minute” it helps me manage my stress levels a bit. 

Scott Wilson was ALWAYS going to be impossible To replace.

The new team are still finding their feet and I’ve no doubt they’ll come good. Give them a break!

Less of the Heart”s” of Midlothian though! :rofl:

18 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He seemed a bit slow to announce one of our subs too - player was on pitch before he even said anything 

I think that was because the subs board never got shown so he had to check it was the right player going off.

132goals1958
15 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Thought today he was trying too hard. 

Jambos fans.

Hearts of midlothian .

Whatever the free kick reference in Kingsley's substitute .

Boys in maroon talk of the town.

Worst thing is drowning the crowd every time we score with music. Leave a 20 second gap, announce the goal scorer without music. 

I consider myself a supporter going back a long long time. Know a few Rangers Celtic fans from Edinburgh who only watch their team on TV. Often remind them of the distinction. 

Tony Soprano

He was awful. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt because he'll just be learning but you can tell the guy isnt a hearts fan or even knows very much about us.

"give it up for the talk of the toon, the boys in maroon"

"hearts of midlothian"

"free kick king, stephen kingsley"

"jambos fans"

All of that needs stopped immediately. Extremely cringy. If i were him, id be going to Scott Wilson and trying to pick up a few tips.

I admit to being slightly corned beef but I always heard Scott.

Yesterday when Joe Savage was being interviewed, I couldn't make out a word in section D 

Jambo 4 Ever
45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it the sibilance that is the problem?

Couldn’t make out  what he was saying at all 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

loveofthegame
37 minutes ago, Tony Soprano said:

He was awful. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt because he'll just be learning but you can tell the guy isnt a hearts fan or even knows very much about us.

He is a big Hearts fan, I believe.

Hungry hippo
55 minutes ago, Tony Soprano said:

"give it up for the talk of the toon, the boys in maroon"

"hearts of midlothian"

"free kick king, stephen kingsley"

"jambos fans"

All of that needs stopped immediately. Extremely cringy. If i were him, id be going to Scott Wilson and trying to pick up a few tips.

He apparently is a Jambo.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Couldn’t make out  what he was saying at all 

Listening never been your thing though has it

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Really?

Not many can from there 

Pretty noisy up in G so not always the best but can make out what he's saying no bother.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I really think they need the screens to make their thing work. Same lad that does Scotland games, what he does there works quite well, would imagine families going to enjoy seeing themselves on big screens, highlights shown and so forth.

Agree though, he needs to get his catchphrase less corny, its not us, its not even Hibs or Aberdeen, what I would expect at St Johnstone

10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I really think they need the screens to make their thing work. Same lad that does Scotland games, what he does there works quite well, would imagine families going to enjoy seeing themselves on big screens, highlights shown and so forth.

Agree though, he needs to get his catchphrase less corny, its not us, its not even Hibs or Aberdeen, what I would expect at St Johnstone

Thought I recognised his voice. Hope we don’t go down the cringefest route of the Scotland games, although after yesterday, that appears to be the direction of travel. No Proclaimers or Runrig yesterday though so that’s a bonus. 

Were the folk at the back of the Wheatfield able to hear him?

thehibsareintheirbeds

Can't say I noticed any issues with sound in wheatfield C yesterday but not something I actively listen for to be fair.

Walked over bridge of doom after derby last week next to the guy, looked like he was with his son, so does seem to be a good jambo.

Quite like the interviews pre game and screens will help a lot in future