New stadium announcer

Muppetboy

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Done what was necesary and didnt make it about himself. No cringeworthy 'bantz' with 'Lockie, eh big man' and no cringeworthy 'wherever you come from... lets make some noise' bullshit.

Vast improvement.

Thought the goals montage  thing was a bit odd, was looking for the big screens already. Not sure its something that really worked.

Don’t agree 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• luckydug

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Done what was necesary and didnt make it about himself. No cringeworthy 'bantz' with 'Lockie, eh big man' and no cringeworthy 'wherever you come from... lets make some noise' bullshit.

Vast improvement.

Thought the goals montage  thing was a bit odd, was looking for the big screens already. Not sure its something that really worked.

It will be great pre match with the big screens. 

Ten times better than the previous efforts imo. 

That's what pre match should be about Hearts and the big games and goals. 

Everyone has different music tastes so your never going to please everyone, best sticking to Hearts content. 

As for the volume it was actually too loud in the Main stand but it's been like that for a while now. 

Need to try and match up the volume right round the stadium. 

Biffa Bacon

Audio was poor at the back of N in Main stand. Too loud or talking too fast or too close to mic, I am sure that this can be ironed out in coming weeks.

16 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Audio was poor at the back of N in Main stand. Too loud or talking too fast or too close to mic, I am sure that this can be ironed out in coming weeks.

Much better now at the middle of N so hopefully it'll get sorted.

Liked the HT/FT interviews, my only 'constructive criticism' would be to add in the time when announcing subs e.g. "substitution for Hearts in the 72nd minute, X off, Y on"

Libertarian

Maybe I'm getting old but I sit in the Main Stand and I do wish the volume of the music could be turned down a wee bit. I have to shout when chatting to my son who sits next to me.

Fair play I thought he did well I bet there was a bit of him which was bricking it.

Must say I'm not a fan of playing recorded commentary as an attempt to big things up.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I do enjoy a thread with a significant number of posts pre-removed :smuggy:

Anyway, does anyone know when the screens are going in? 

PA was too loud. Also, trying to hard, cramming in all sorts of stuff to fill every second with something loud and full on. I think, “less would be more”. In future, I’ll be bringing ear plugs (not kidding)

7 minutes ago, twjambo said:

PA was too loud. Also, trying to hard, cramming in all sorts of stuff to fill every second with something loud and full on. I think, “less would be more”. In future, I’ll be bringing ear plugs (not kidding)

I'm with you. The phrase, 'Less is more' is totally apt. As for ear plugs, me and my mate said the same and we were not jesting. It was not quite as bad as last season's final game, but not far off.

queensferryjambo

Pretty decent IMO. 

Considering he has taken over from Scott Wilson he has big boots to fill, but thought he done well.

5 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Sounded like he said at the start welcome Hearts of Midloth! Maybe it cut out or I misheard!

I thought that also 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was struggling to make out a lot being said to be honest. From the Roseburn I was still unsure if Cochrane had scored the first or Forrest had as they both celebrated and the announcement was unclear. Maybe the music was blasting after the ball hit the net.

letsmakesomenoise
11 hours ago, SecN said:

Volume and clarity of sound in main stand is no longer comfortable.  Not sure if speaker system has changed or if volume in general has been set too high. 

Agreed, was a bit difficult to make him out.  I’m in row 29

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I was struggling to make out a lot being said to be honest. From the Roseburn I was still unsure if Cochrane had scored the first or Forrest had as they both celebrated and the announcement was unclear. Maybe the music was blasting after the ball hit the net.

Careful - some on here will tell if we can’t recognise who a hearts player is from a distance - then we are not a real hearts fan 🤣

14 hours ago, graygo said:

Don't know what they've done to the sound system but couldn't make out a word he said at back of Wheatfield.

Me too.

I think he speaks too quickly, runs his words together, which doesn't work when there's such an echo (the sound bounces around our high stands) . You need to let each word land.

Suggest he gets some sessions with Scott Wilson who can coach him in how to speak at the right pace in a stadium.

Biggest compliment you could pay Scott Wilson is that you could always make out every word.

adambraejambo
3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Careful - some on here will tell if we can’t recognise who a hearts player is from a distance - then we are not a real hearts fan 🤣

17 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yeh but not everyone knows what every hearts player looks like 

It's good to know in 14 hrs you have learned what Hearts players look like. Also it is Hearts not hearts. 

Edited by adambraejambo

Weakened Offender
18 hours ago, been here before said:

Vast improvement.

😄

Agree totally. 😊

King Of The Cat Cafe

He needs to wait until the cheers after a goal have reduced from a crescendo - not try to announce at the height of it.

In D, I couldn't hear him name the goalscorers.

Think he’s brilliant and the commentary stuff yesterday I felt built the atmosphere a bit. Playlist is great too and a bit more pace to it.

Not Scott Wilson for sure but I like what they’re trying to do and putting their own stamp on it.

Imagine the seethe from the Hibs end when they come to Tynie with the 5-1 commentary haha!

Edited by D4nny_

All the folk who hate change having a go at the guy!  He’s done Hampden for years so knows the script.

He’s also a teacher at my boys school and a good lad.

I loved Scott Wilson but also agree with the “Lockie/Biscuits” shite.

Sorry not keen on the new stadium announcer. Didn’t like the match commentary before kick off and could hardly make out what he was saying. 
Also think he needs to come up with a new phrase as his let’s make some noise was poor. 
massive shoes to fill and I’m maybe still a bit disappointed that Scott Wilson isn’t doing it anymore. 

Randy Marsh

Glad to see a certain poster being quoted less and less each day.  It just clogs up a good form otherwise.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

All the folk who hate change having a go at the guy!  He’s done Hampden for years so knows the script.

He’s also a teacher at my boys school and a good lad.

I loved Scott Wilson but also agree with the “Lockie/Biscuits” shite.

Can't speak for others but it wasn't "the guy" that I was having a go at, he might have been great but from my seat in the Wheatfield I had no way of knowing. Sound quality was a massive issue.

Hopefully it's sorted for the next home game then I can rip into him. 😄

Edited by graygo

Possibly due to sound quality but did he call Atkinson “Brad” when he was subbed? A few strange looks around where I was. 

8 hours ago, c41rns said:

Possibly due to sound quality but did he call Atkinson “Brad” when he was subbed? A few strange looks around where I was. 

More likely "Nat"

Sound in Main Stand is fine so seems like the other stands require a speaker upgrade.

Edited by hughesie27

Bazzas right boot

I liked it, the montage at the start was good and the music was better than the back end of last season. 

It is loud in the main stand tho. 

He does like to elongate the players names tho. 

Don't mind it, just different. 

Craaaaaig Goooordonnnnnn

Miiiiicheal smiiiith

Lauuuuuuuuuurance shanklaaaaaaand

Or was that just me?

Bazzas right boot
On 31/07/2022 at 08:22, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not recognising / seen  who scored and not recognising a player at all are different things. 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not recognising / seen  who scored and not recognising a player at all are different things. 

I know for a fact that not everyone who goes to the games will know what each player looks like - why should they - not everyone is obsessed with hearts like some on here 

On 30/07/2022 at 18:37, Muppetboy said:

Thought he was really decent, liked the montage of commentated goals from big games that he played just before kickoff 

Where do you sit? Couldn't make out a word from the back of the Wheatfield.

Absolute Scenes

I was raging that he was too loud but also raging he wasnt loud enough, raging he didnt sound like Scott Wilson but raging he sounded too much like him. He was so cringey but also i would have loved a bit more cringe

FECK UP

29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I liked it, the montage at the start was good and the music was better than the back end of last season. 

It is loud in the main stand tho. 

He does like to elongate the players names tho. 

Don't mind it, just different. 

Craaaaaig Goooordonnnnnn

Miiiiicheal smiiiith

Lauuuuuuuuuurance shanklaaaaaaand

Or was that just me?

I thought he was decent all round, except for this.  "Barreeeeeeeeee McKay" "Andeeeeeeeeee Halliday" - just naw!

On 31/07/2022 at 08:49, 4marsbars said:

Me too.

I think he speaks too quickly, runs his words together, which doesn't work when there's such an echo (the sound bounces around our high stands) . You need to let each word land.

Suggest he gets some sessions with Scott Wilson who can coach him in how to speak at the right pace in a stadium.

Biggest compliment you could pay Scott Wilson is that you could always make out every word.

Probably because he had been doing the job for yonks. 

Give the new guy time. 

He's already an improvement with the content imo. 

Just get the volume equal round the stadium and we're sorted. 👍

16 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Jeez some folk like a good moan about anything 😂

Too loud …. Too quiet 😂😂

A club like Hearts should be able to supply a decent PA system which sounds the same round the Stadium. 

This is a reasonable request imo. 

18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Probably because he had been doing the job for yonks. 

Give the new guy time. 

He's already an improvement with the content imo. 

Just get the volume equal round the stadium and we're sorted. 👍

Of course I'll give the new guy time. That's why I was pointing to what can be learned and not calling for his head, which is not my style at all.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Seats said:

I thought he was decent all round, except for this.  "Barreeeeeeeeee McKay" "Andeeeeeeeeee Halliday" - just naw!

Aye, he did go to town with team names. 

38 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Jeez some folk like a good moan about anything 😂

Too loud …. Too quiet 😂😂

It's not a moan. It's feedback. From the back of the Wheatfield, I missed a great deal of what was being said. It's useful that he knows that, so he can fix it.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I know for a fact that not everyone who goes to the games will know what each player looks like - why should they - not everyone is obsessed with hearts like some on here 

The number and name on the back of the shirt  helps, as does the match day list along with the announcer. 

No excuse really, if you don't know a Hearts player you're either a young  kid, an away fan or not interested.