New stadium announcer

Muppetboy

Jambo 4 Ever
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The number and name on the back of the shirt  helps, as does the match day list along with the announcer. 

No excuse really, if you don't know a Hearts player you're either a young  kid, an away fan or not interested. 

Not everyone can read the names mate 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• luckydug

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not everyone can read the names mate 

As I stated, there are several ways to identify the players on the park, if someone doesn't know them they aren't interested in doing so. 

If a fan wants to know the players, it is very easy to do so. 

Very easy. 

10 hours ago, c41rns said:

Possibly due to sound quality but did he call Atkinson “Brad” when he was subbed? A few strange looks around where I was. 

Off on a tangent here but Michael Stewart called him Nathan on Soortscene, I know that's an abbreviation of Nathaniel but it's not one I've heard or seen used for our boy.

I'm raging!!

10 hours ago, c41rns said:

Possibly due to sound quality but did he call Atkinson “Brad” when he was subbed? A few strange looks around where I was. 

Off on a tangent here but Michael Stewart called him Nathan on Sportscene, I know that's an abbreviation of Nathaniel but it's not one I've heard or seen used for our boy.

I'm raging!!

Can't believe people are blaming the new announcer for the volume round the Stadium. 

This has been an issue last season as well. 

It's up to Hearts to hire expert sound technicians to get it sorted. 

Will be e mailing the club to give feedback. 

2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Where do you sit? Couldn't make out a word from the back of the Wheatfield.

I was in the roseburn. Granted it wasn’t perfectly clear at times though. Im sure hearts will try improve the sound quality

Gorgie_Rules

Scott Wilson hard to follow but thought he was decent. The ‘come on the boys in maroon’ shout at end or half time was as cringey as ‘lets make some noise’. 

Batistuta87

Thought he was pretty good. He's good at Hampden with the screens too - jumping between VT's and talking, moving around, doing pitch-side stuff, talking to players and fans etc so I think he'll be decent to watch and listen to once we've got the screens in. Scott Wilson was brilliant and a PHM but he's old school and basically just had a mic and some tunes. This guy will have VT edits ready, will probably play different things when we score etc, and will use technology to make it more of a presenter type role rather than an announcer. He'll make it a lot more interactive when the screens are in.

I know this is unrelated to the announcer but the board  with the timer on it at the bottom right of the main stand really needs altered so that any time added on is also shown on it. Looked down at it from the roseburn a good few times on Saturday and it just stopped at 90 mins🤔

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

I know this is unrelated to the announcer but the board  with the timer on it at the bottom right of the main stand really needs altered so that any time added on is also shown on it. Looked down at it from the roseburn a good few times on Saturday and it just stopped at 90 mins🤔

They can't be, they all do that. 

davemclaren
54 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Not allowed. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 30/07/2022 at 18:38, davemclaren said:

Interview with a player after the match is good as well. 

Actually is that a new thing ? Can’t recall it before ? Expected to see sue barker 😂

1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Not allowed.

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually is that a new thing ? Can’t recall it before ? Expected to see sue barker 😂

First time I recall it as well. 

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

First time I recall it as well. 

Yep . Def a first . 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can’t hear him at all in the wheatfield stand 

Scott Wilson was much clearer 

Yup I can barely make out a word at the back of the main stand either. 

Also, a really minor thing that's annoying me is he doesn't 'timestamp' the goals/subs like Scott Wilson did. Was always good for knowing how long was left without having to dig my phone out.

Just now, Jamboross said:

Also, a really minor thing that's annoying me is he doesn't 'timestamp' the goals/subs like Scott Wilson did. Was always good for knowing how long was left without having to dig my phone out.

Time stamps would be good, but I suppose once the screens are up we'll be able to see the clock all the time.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, viva hate said:

Hopefully it'll get better over time but it's just not as good.

This

Can’t make out what he is saying from wheatfield stand 

Jambo 4 Ever
8 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

There’s the electronic clocks though 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Very clear in Main Stand Sec N row 21. I'm enjoying bit. Embracing the change. 

Not clear at all in wheatfield 

BackOfTheNet

Doing a good job as has some big shoes to fill. My only gripe, if there was one, would be to change the kick off catchphrase. I know he’s trying to break away from Let’s Make Some Noise as that’s Scott’s thing, but if you’re going to say what he says you need to pronounce town “toon”, otherwise it doesn’t work

Hearts are rampant
20 minutes ago, viva hate said:

Hopefully it'll get better over time but it's just not as good.

Out of interest, would you like to get better and what’s not as good?

Heard a few people say that so just wondering is it simply the fact the announcer has changed (a lot of folk don’t like change) or is there specifics?

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Doing a good job as has some big shoes to fill. My only gripe, if there was one, would be to change the kick off catchphrase. I know he’s trying to break away from Let’s Make Some Noise as that’s Scott’s thing, but if you’re going to say what he says you need to pronounce town “toon”, otherwise it doesn’t work

You are lucky you can hear anything he says - in the wheatfield you certainly can’t 

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He seemed a bit slow to announce one of our subs too - player was on pitch before he even said anything 

Anything else? 

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nothing wrong with carrying on Scotts tradition IMO. 

Changing it is just change for changes sake. 

Daunting taking over from someone whose been in the role for so long though, I'm sure they'll figure it out as they go. 

46 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can’t hear him at all in the wheatfield stand 

Scott Wilson was much clearer 

32 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

Can’t make out what he is saying from wheatfield stand 

21 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not clear at all in wheatfield 

10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You are lucky you can hear anything he says - in the wheatfield you certainly can’t 

**** me we get the picture :rofl:

10 minutes ago, Hearts are rampant said:

Out of interest, would you like to get better and what’s not as good?

Heard a few people say that so just wondering is it simply the fact the announcer has changed (a lot of folk don’t like change) or is there specifics?

Either Scott Wilson had terrific diction/loud voice or the sound levels need looked at. Probably the former but I'm sure there are a few dials and switches somewhere that can be turned to improve the sound quality.

We should play one or two new songs each week but the bulk of the songs should be the same to create a bit of energy and continuity. Not the weird metal song that was played today though.

There are probably other specifics but I can't remember what they are. It's not a huge deal for me though.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Does anyone on here know if JIH can hear the announcer from his seat in the wheatfield? 

To be fair, at row 31 he's going to struggle to even see the match never mind hear the tannoy

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, kila said:

To be fair, at row 31 he's going to struggle to even see the match never mind hear the tannoy

Not in 31

Could I hear him properly? Probably. Was I listening? No. What do folk think he says that so important? You have eyes, you are at the game, surely you know the scorers and sub's as you are sat there watching it?

10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Who did he say were the sponsors man of match?

Grant and Shankland. Surprised with both picks. Would have Rowles, Halkett, Smith and Devlin ahead of them today.  

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, karipidis said:

Grant and Shankland. Surprised with both picks. Would have Rowles, Halkett, Smith and Devlin ahead of them today.  

I’d have said Halkett today

49 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

There’s the electronic clocks though 

Not if you're sat in the Main stand there's not, we don't have electronic advertising along the Wheatfield unless it's a TV game. Big screens will likely have a clock on them when they go in though so that'll have to do me. 

I much preferred Scott's choice of music but that's just personal taste, the stuff we're getting now is probably better suited to a football crowd so that's fair enough. Was nice to hear 'Can You Dig It' at half time, always associated that song with Tynecastle. 

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Did he say “hearts of Midlothian” at the start of the game 

Yep. Also after half time. Checked with guy next to me in case it was my hearing. Same at Ross County I think. Still, hard act to follow and decent start. 

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Did he say “hearts of Midlothian” at the start of the game 

1 minute ago, Ronsajambo2 said:

Yep. Also after half time. Checked with guy next to me in case it was my hearing. Same at Ross County I think. Still, hard act to follow and decent start. 

Yeah I heard that too. Weird. 😁

On 01/08/2022 at 10:49, Bazzas right boot said:

As I stated, there are several ways to identify the players on the park, if someone doesn't know them they aren't interested in doing so. 

If a fan wants to know the players, it is very easy to do so. 

Very easy. 

Tbf my eyesight is not what it was.

Luckily I've my boys to check.

42 minutes ago, viva hate said:

Either Scott Wilson had terrific diction/loud voice or the sound levels need looked at. Probably the former but I'm sure there are a few dials and switches somewhere that can be turned to improve the sound quality.

We should play one or two new songs each week but the bulk of the songs should be the same to create a bit of energy and continuity. Not the weird metal song that was played today though.

There are probably other specifics but I can't remember what they are. It's not a huge deal for me though.

Absolutely the former. His voice is incredible 

RustyRightPeg
45 minutes ago, viva hate said:

do you sit in the wheatfield?