Our new screens.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, redtipsjambo said:

I was one, some of the time at cup final, from where I was i couldn't see the action near corner flag at the West end of the stadium, so it was easier to see what was happening on the screen

The girl in front of me was watching corners and attacks down the other end, we were in row 2 restricted view but then I’m 6’1” so maybe didn’t affect me as much. 

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Sooks

• davemclaren

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How come mate?

it’s true 

I believe you. How many more people were singing than normal? To the nearest ten will do 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was there any advertisements on it last night? I noticed at the cup final folk were watching certain parts of the game on the screens 🤦🏽?!?! 

There was like the Gorgie club and tickets for the cup game etc

8 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Cracking picture! 

Beautiful eh? Taken last night... I think play was stopped for one of our players to get booked for sneezing near their keeper. You can clearly see he's in a lot of pain.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There was like the Gorgie club and tickets for the cup game etc

So just what they had on the electronic hoardings around the pitch. 

Hectormasson
9 hours ago, redtipsjambo said:

I was one, some of the time at cup final, from where I was i couldn't see the action near corner flag at the West end of the stadium, so it was easier to see what was happening on the screen

i liked the teams selections on it ,and the european scores , pretty good,and the  new lights too very impressed...

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Can anyone confirm if it they are the lawn bowling screens?

Anyway on reflection I can’t believe we didn’t get 4 screens - not 2 - and do a NBA type cube set up over the centre spot. 

Wasted opportunity IMO.

9 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

i liked the teams selections on it ,and the european scores , pretty good,and the  new lights too very impressed...

When did the new lights go up? That had totally passed me by but thought they were excellent last night.

Hectormasson
32 minutes ago, Taffin said:

When did the new lights go up? That had totally passed me by but thought they were excellent last night.

were they not put up close season for euro standard??

More folk did sing the Hearts song because of the presentation of the words. I'd put my mortgage on that.

Ridiculing the idea that some people don't know the words is a revelation of a self-agrandising superiority complex.

We're not all Edinburgh born and raised with 30+ years history of supporting Hearts at Tynecastle.

Teaching people the words to songs is a self-evidently sensible way of getting more people to sing the songs.

Educating younger generations is a prime example – not every child has a parent or role model who will teach them words to the Hearts songs.

And then there are the adults, the new fans we should all want to bring on board as fellow fans.

Providing words to the good songs is an excellent way to build an inclusive community at Tynecastle. 

Edited by Hearts_fan

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

More folk did sing the Hearts song because of the presentation of the words. I'd put my mortgage on that.

Ridiculing the idea that some people don't know the words is a revelation of a self-agrandising superiority complex.

We're not all Edinburgh born and raised with 30+ years history of supporting Hearts at Tynecastle.

Teaching people the words to songs is a self-evidently sensible way of getting more people to sing the songs.

Educating younger generations is a prime example – not every child has a parent or role model who will teach them words to the Hearts songs.

And then there are the adults, the new fans we should all want to bring on board as fellow fans.

Providing words to the good songs is an excellent way to build an inclusive community at Tynecastle. 

Feeble excuse. My son has lived in England all his life and has only been to a handful of Hearts games (more than half of them winning cup finals - lucky sod!) and knows every word. As an Arsenal fan he belted it out at the Spurs game at Tynie with gusto. To no avail alas and gave the return a miss. 

kingantti1874

I think the screens are cool, I did think we will get used to integrating them better into the experience.

but near fell off my chair laughing at the moan about the words.

honestly we have some of the strangest supporters on earth.  There is no topic obscure enough for us not to find a reason to moan

Harry Potter
43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think the screens are cool, I did think we will get used to integrating them better into the experience.

but near fell off my chair laughing at the moan about the words.

honestly we have some of the strangest supporters on earth.  There is no topic obscure enough for us not to find a reason to moan

Cannny beat a good moan about the weather.

21 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I couldn't read the long names like Gary McKay Steven,  they made the text smaller to fit in on the same page.   Short names were bolder.    Barry Mckay as an example.    

We should sign players with shorter names.   🤔 😂 🃏 👑 

We're going to have to return them for bigger screens for Orestis Kiomourtzoglou 😂

On the subject of not knowing the words to the Hearts song…..A few year ago when my daughter was about 4 or 5 she sat and learned the words to the hearts song using the hector nicol version on YouTube. I was obviously very proud as she stood up and belted out the song. I didn’t have the heart to tell her she had messed up one wee bit which was quite amusing. Instead of singing the talk of the toon are the boys in maroon she worryingly sang …. The talk of the toon are the boy in my room! 

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Anyway on reflection I can’t believe we didn’t get 4 screens - not 2 - and do a NBA type cube set up over the centre spot. 

Wasted opportunity IMO.

Would need to take them down when hibs come across incase they get smashed with their Brazilian inspiring hoofball

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, thegreatsd said:

On the subject of not knowing the words to the Hearts song…..A few year ago when my daughter was about 4 or 5 she sat and learned the words to the hearts song using the hector nicol version on YouTube. I was obviously very proud as she stood up and belted out the song. I didn’t have the heart to tell her she had messed up one wee bit which was quite amusing. Instead of singing the talk of the toon are the boys in maroon she worryingly sang …. The talk of the toon are the boy in my room! 

Brilliant has she had any boys in the room yet 😂 

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

We're going to have to return them for bigger screens for Orestis Kiomourtzoglou 😂

Nope. Christian name on one and his surname on the other. Sorted😉

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Brilliant has she had any boys in the room yet 😂 

NO. Not for another 40 years at least! 😄

17 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wasted opportunity IMO.

Seemingly they are. We got them cheap as they only show action up to head height. We simply decided to save money by altering our game to suit and we'll be encouraging other teams to do the same, You'll probably see that we're now playing the ball on the ground a lot more and high balls will be very much frowned upon.

Edited by JohnB

allystrachan
18 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wasted opportunity IMO.

Imagine the high balls. NBA = No Blootering Allowed!

11 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

That made me chuckle, kids are brilliant 

Perth to Paisley
2 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Imagine the high balls. NBA = No Blootering Allowed!

The dcreens cost a fortune.

I will see if we can arrange a vr headset for you though!

We should invest in another few blocks of screens so the entire top section can be used for video with the bottom always on the score and time.

Screens.png

Edited by Tiger

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

We should invest in another few blocks of screens so the entire top section can be used for video with the bottom always on the score and time.

Screens.png

Given the screen location, that's a really good idea.

Send copies to FOH and the Board.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Screens.png

Looks a mess like that 

allystrachan
22 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

The dcreens cost a fortune.

I will see if we can arrange a vr headset for you though!

Cheers mate but my regular specs are fine for watching the pitch 👍🏻

michaeljambo22

Could do with a couple of smaller screens put up on the away side of the roseburn stand and same on the wheatfield side of the gorgie I'm in lower section b and it's a struggle to see them with out getting a sore neck  

On 27/08/2022 at 07:42, Hearts_fan said:

Id rather the new generation come up with some new songs, we must have the worst playlist in the top six.

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Id rather the new generation come up with some new songs, we must have the worst playlist in the top six.

This is a wind up right🤣

Percival King
14 hours ago, michaeljambo22 said:

Could do with a couple of smaller screens put up on the away side of the roseburn stand and same on the wheatfield side of the gorgie I'm in lower section b and it's a struggle to see them with out getting a sore neck  

Would be a good position.....until the Celtic family arrive and either nick it or throw their empty Buckfast bottles at it.

2 hours ago, Americana said:

I reckon every team other than the Edinburgh and Glasgow teams only have 1 song.

On 27/08/2022 at 21:58, Forza Cuore said:

Our view. Very clear.

The other screen will be right above us.

IMG_20220826_080943_463.jpg

What a pic , new screensaver material.

Very cool - hoping main stand one goes up soon. 
Liked the sub confirmation but thought there would scoring confirmations with a wee pic of them. 
Unless I missed. 

Ricardo Quaresma
40 minutes ago, Americana said:

What a pic , new screensaver material.

Ask him to take another when we're gubbing h*bs at new year; that'll complete it

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Ask him to take another when we're gubbing h*bs at new year; that'll complete it

Couldnt bring myself to replace the rain soaked old maroon seats of the main stand, so much nostalgia.

I like the new screen more than I expected. My complaint is one of the most trivial in JKB history but the font does bug me especially squeezing long names into a small font for it to fit just looks messy. Thought Lawrence Shankland looked like a tight squeeze but Kio might only be legible to those in Sec G 🙂

Just one question about the screens.....WHY DID THEY KEEP TURNING OFF THE LIVE FEED FOR THE GAME ON SUNDAY!?   

Honestly wasn't triggered. 🤣

Edited by Djnoisy

6 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Just one question about the screens.....WHY DID THEY KEEP TURNING OFF THE LIVE FEED FOR THE GAME ON SUNDAY!?   

I read the guidelines for the use of screens a few years ago, and there are restrictions to what can be shown, and what can be shown in relation to what is happening on the pitch at the time etc.  

Sorry I can't remember the details right now, but it was things like no replays of free kicks, nothing show at corners, penalties etc. 

Similar or the same rules apply to the digital moving adverts at pitch-side. 

Hearts are rampant
20 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

They are unable to show the full game or show any replays of contentious decisions.

It’s similar when go to games at hampden. As soon as crowd shout for say a penalty the live feed goes off and zero replay shown.

Even when VAR comes in then pretty certain the replays then won’t be shown on big screen either.

They show replays in rugby for VAR and can hear refs aswell. Surely football should allow the same. That’s a whole other argument snd debate though.

jamboinglasgow

Loving the new screens. Looking good. 

I think the content will get better the longer they have as they get used to it. One thing I would like is when a goal happens, they have the players name and maybe the wee pre-recorded clip of the player celebrating that they put on twitter.

• 2 weeks later...