• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• This is My Story Podcast

• japanjambo

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

This is My Story Podcast
1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

will it not be cheaper now it's mainly white ? 

Nah, same price. Anything left over or donated over the amount needed we will use to get a flag made for Busby. Maybe not the size of the Zal flag but something along those lines. 

Gillsland jack

Done!!!...was also thinking this display could make a great framed photograph, to pay further tribute to Drew forever more.

This is My Story Podcast

The next thing we need to consider is when to do the tifo. Do we do it for the players coming out or do we do it during any minutes silence or applause? 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The next thing we need to consider is when to do the tifo. Do we do it for the players coming out or do we do it during any minutes silence or applause? 

Players coming out would be more respectful I think, just my view though.

Anyone got a link for the funeral?

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

This is My Story Podcast
11 hours ago, japanjambo said:

Just over £300 to go. Fabulous. 

Superb stuff! 

Just a thought:-

The Hampden Tifos were superb and it must've taken quite a bit of organising, so well done to those who made it happen.

However, in this day and age, could we not have organised a wee clean-up squad to recover the thousands of discarded flags for re-use?

Please bear this in mind for the upcoming opening game in honour of Drew Busby.

All it would take is a few dedicated supporters to hang back and sweep the Wheatfield for maroon & white flags that could then be used for a future Tifo.

Surely that rather than thousands of £s being required each and every time?

This is My Story Podcast
36 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just a thought:-

The Hampden Tifos were superb and it must've taken quite a bit of organising, so well done to those who made it happen.

However, in this day and age, could we not have organised a wee clean-up squad to recover the thousands of discarded flags for re-use?

Please bear this in mind for the upcoming opening game in honour of Drew Busby.

All it would take is a few dedicated supporters to hang back and sweep the Wheatfield for maroon & white flags that could then be used for a future Tifo.

Surely that rather than thousands of £s being required each and every time?

Good idea. This tifo will be pieces of foil/paper and not flags. So most folk will no doubt roll up and Chuck but we will try salvage what we can for re-use. We are going to try and make displays, flags, scarfs and colour are a permanent feature of tynie. Hopefully we will start to build up a stock of equipment needed for future displays etc to save having to raise thousands every other month. 

5 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Good idea. This tifo will be pieces of foil/paper and not flags. So most folk will no doubt roll up and Chuck but we will try salvage what we can for re-use. We are going to try and make displays, flags, scarfs and colour are a permanent feature of tynie. Hopefully we will start to build up a stock of equipment needed for future displays etc to save having to raise thousands every other month. 

Should have demanded some cash back when they said they never had enough maroon 🤪

This is My Story Podcast
42 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Should have demanded some cash back when they said they never had enough maroon 🤪

😂

1 hour ago, SCFHearts said:

There can never be enough maroon.

❤️❤️G❤️

This is My Story Podcast

Only a few hundred pound left to go! What an amazing effort. Almost 3k in a week! 

This is what we hope it’ll look like. Once we hit our target amount we will share instructions on what and when to do on the day. I think it would look pretty impressive if we held up the tifo during a minutes silence, would be a very poignant moment but I know that won’t be for everyone as some will want to show their respects with a bowed head etc. We could do it for the players coming out as well but maybe be less impactful but would be an easier timing to make happen. Will keep everyone posted tho with what we decide. 

Drew’s family even made a donation which was super humbling and such an amazing gesture given the horrendous time they are all going through. 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

6BE9BF85-210D-4D16-A9D2-B4D0FCB439CA.jpeg

The Treasurer
20 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

If you want to reuse them make sure you use material that can't be turned into a paper aeroplane 

21 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Best of luck to you with it guys, great to see an organised effort by fans to improve the matchday!

3 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Only a few hundred pound left to go! What an amazing effort. Almost 3k in a week! 

This is what we hope it’ll look like. Once we hit our target amount we will share instructions on what and when to do on the day. I think it would look pretty impressive if we held up the tifo during a minutes silence, would be a very poignant moment but I know that won’t be for everyone as some will want to show their respects with a bowed head etc. We could do it for the players coming out as well but maybe be less impactful but would be an easier timing to make happen. Will keep everyone posted tho with what we decide. 

Drew’s family even made a donation which was super humbling and such an amazing gesture given the horrendous time they are all going through. 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

During the minutes silence would be my preference. Maybe ask Drew’s family what they would like?

7 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

During the minutes silence would be very poignant. Would be my choice. 

Glencoejambo
On 08/07/2022 at 22:34, This is My Story Podcast said:

Hi guys. 

we have been given permission by the club to have a tifo display to honour the late great Drew Busby for the opening game of the season. 

The plan would be to use the Wheatfield stand for the display. Once we reach our target, we can share the idea and hopefully some mock ups of what it’ll look like. 

Started the go fund me 8 hours ago and all ready over £700 been donated 👏🏻👏🏻

🇱🇻

https://www.gofundme.com/f/drew-busby-memorial-tifo-display

£20 donated! 

Great servant to Hearts in a bleak period!

hoof.hearted

During minutes silence would be my vote too but as Lynn said ask the family their preference.

It was great Drews family made such a generous donation

It would be great to bring the family to Tynecastle and treat them to a Corpoate day I would be glad if any extra money collected went towards this in fact I'd be glad to make a further donation to make this possible

On 17/07/2022 at 18:58, hoof.hearted said:

During minutes silence would be my vote too but as Lynn said ask the family their preference.

Might be an applause tho.

22 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Might be an applause tho.

I hope not. A minutes silence just seems more poignant. Give applause on the 8th (his number) or 74th (his age when he died) minute. Just my opinion.

11 hours ago, japanjambo said:

I hope not. A minutes silence just seems more poignant. Give applause on the 8th (his number) or 74th (his age when he died) minute. Just my opinion.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I agree with this.  A shared, reflective silence is the respectful way to do these things.

Having an applause is a relatively modern development.  It only became necessary because so many folk these days are unable to respect a silence.  It's a poor reflection of modern society in my opinion.

so many folk = old firm

This is My Story Podcast

So an update. 

First off, seen it mentioned a few times so I asked the club. It’ll be a minutes silence for Drew Busby. His family will also be in attendance and will be guests of the club for the day. We are going to do the tifo during the minutes silence, I think it would be massively poignant to have the place silent and his name across the stand. 

Secondly, the tifo company (been constant bumps in the road) have advised us that they have supply issues with the foil for the tifo’s so have advised that they can only supply paper for the display. Strangely, that costs more than the foil so the price of the tifo has went up. The good news is, the club have agreed to pay any further costs incurred 👏🏻 The club have also offered to pay for the tifo team to come the day before the game and help set out and set up the tifo. Superb! 

We will need some volunteers to help but I’ll post closer to the time to get names for folk willing to help. 

What a club. It’s going to be a very emotional day and hopefully a great way to show our appreciation to a cult hero! 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

So an update. 

First off, seen it mentioned a few times so I asked the club. It’ll be a minutes silence for Drew Busby. His family will also be in attendance and will be guests of the club for the day. We are going to do the tifo during the minutes silence, I think it would be massively poignant to have the place silent and his name across the stand. 

Secondly, the tifo company (been constant bumps in the road) have advised us that they have supply issues with the foil for the tifo’s so have advised that they can only supply paper for the display. Strangely, that costs more than the foil so the price of the tifo has went up. The good news is, the club have agreed to pay any further costs incurred 👏🏻 The club have also offered to pay for the tifo team to come the day before the game and help set out and set up the tifo. Superb! 

We will need some volunteers to help but I’ll post closer to the time to get names for folk willing to help. 

What a club. It’s going to be a very emotional day and hopefully a great way to show our appreciation to a cult hero! 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

So an update. 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

Excellent work, what a club & what a fanbase

4 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

So an update. 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

Excellent! Thank you so much for organising this. A club like no other.

This is My Story Podcast

Anyone looking to help set up the display, meet at the main stand at 12pm on Friday. 

Would like to think there will be a photo of him scoring a goal on the cover of the programme.

This is My Story Podcast

Hey guys. 

Anyone sitting in the wheatfield on Saturday. Please hold up the piece of paper on your seat at the start of the minute silence. 

Thanks guys. A fitting tribute to a true cult hero!

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

2DF1CC32-0074-4DBE-9EB0-1043468E1E2C.jpeg

Drew was my first Hearts hero. On holiday so gutted i’ll miss this but folk using our season tickets so at least our seats won’t be empty. 

Hopefully can see some footage / photos on here. 

6 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Hey guys. 

Anyone sitting in the wheatfield on Saturday. Please hold up the piece of paper on your seat at the start of the minute silence. 

Thanks guys. A fitting tribute to a true cult hero!

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

2DF1CC32-0074-4DBE-9EB0-1043468E1E2C.jpeg

When will the minute silence be?

Montgomery Brewster
1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Bump, this thread deserves to be on page one a little longer.

It should be pinned for evermore 

an absolute leg end 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

When will the minute silence be?

They are usually just before kick-off. 

I can't see this one being any different.