Euan Henderson

7PNJ4

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I think Henderson will have an alright career, but don't think it'll be with us. Nothing wrong with that. 

Boyce for me is a better number 10. His touch and vision are very good. His finish is decent but not out and out striker level for us I don't think. His main weakness is holding on to the ball too long sometimes and being slow to release. When he's on it though, he is one of the most naturally gifted on the ball in the squad imo. 

100% agree on both points. As much as I would love Euan to be the next Robbo I just don't see it. Boyce, no10 is now his best position. Never an out and out striker, definitely not a poacher. A poacher would have converted many of the chances we squandered last season.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Churchill Barrier

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• A_A wehatethehibs

Churchill Barrier
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

His third touch is better than your last 3 posts. 

Howling. 

What are you the post master general?  I will seek your permission next time. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Churchill Barrier said:

What are you the post master general?  I will seek your permission next time. 

Please do, save everyone the trouble of reading your posts. 

Churchill Barrier
29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Please do, save everyone the trouble of reading 

Pathetic response. Its about opinions, not just yours mind.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Pathetic response. Its about opinions, not just yours mind.

Perfectly reasoned response to your prior smart arse comment. 👍

On 30/06/2022 at 22:59, chrystaf said:

I agree entirely.  He deserves his chance, despite what many on here feel.

Agree think he is decent but we definitely need a Simms replacement 

We are screwed with Boyce up top 

Churchill Barrier
36 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Perfectly reasoned response to your prior smart arse comment. 👍

Yawn. 

The Mercer Takeover

Nope, had his chance and simply not fit for purpose.

Will hopefully find another club where he can flourish

Unknown user
On 05/07/2022 at 14:29, pablo said:

I'm another who thinks Henderson has something and will have a career in football. He's always looked to me like he has a football brain, is quick and can finish.

It's the hunger or desire to win his individual battles to impose himself on games that's never looked like is totally there. 

Some of the comments have been way OTT. Will he make it at Hearts? Dunno, buy he'll have to so something significant this season to have any chance.

He's quite plainly not pish though. 

I think it's more self belief myself but I think he's a right good player who just needs to click. If we're lucky he'll get a chance and it'll happen, fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Absolute nonsense. Reminds me of the abuse Donald Ford received when he first played after the sale of Wallace. As for his chance, He’s only started a few games.

6 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Did you go to the game last night? Henderson and the Spartans keeper joint MOTM.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Did you go to the game last night? Henderson and the Spartans keeper joint MOTM.

Maybe sending him on loan to a Raith/Edinburgh City while still training with our team would do him the power of good?

14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Maybe sending him on loan to a Raith/Edinburgh City while still training with our team would do him the power of good?

I think the B team could be a god send this year. No secret we're going to be in dire need of a larger squad. Fair enough criticise Hendo's ability, but his pace is a problem and I think he could cause defences problems as an impact sub. Especially in games against the bottom 3 sides where we might need something different and want to rest Boyce. We can keep him around with no obligation to play him in the first team. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think the B team could be a god send this year. No secret we're going to be in dire need of a larger squad. Fair enough criticise Hendo's ability, but his pace is a problem and I think he could cause defences problems as an impact sub. Especially in games against the bottom 3 sides where we might need something different and want to rest Boyce. We can keep him around with no obligation to play him in the first team. 

Aye good call but would maybe be too step up when he comes back to the squad?

Bazzas right boot

If we land 2 strikers such as Simms and Shankland, Henderson will get very little game time with us 

He'd need to have improved multiple times over to be ahead of Boyce, Shankland or Simms. 

If we don't get in another couple of  strikers he might get game time and if that happens hopefully he has greatly improved or we'll have issues upfront. 

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

So you were not at the game, how many times have you seen Henderson play a a true No9 in the last 2 years?

Think you remember a young player hung out to dry in a shite team (Levein's) played out out of position and brought as a sub when the game was all but over.

Just don't understand the need for some supporters on KB running young players down.

Would not mind so much if they had actually seen them play in there true position and the boy is just 22 this month.   

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, bawheed said:

So you were not at the game, how many times have you seen Henderson play a a true No9 in the last 2 years?

Think you remember a young player hung out to dry in a shite team (Levein's) played out out of position and brought as a sub when the game was all but over.

Just don't understand the need for some supporters on KB running young players down.

Would not mind so much if they had actually seen them play in there true position and the boy is just 22 this month.   

Where on Earth am I running him down?  Get a grip.  Posters say he lacks confidence.  Was merely offering a suggestion. 

9 hours ago, bawheed said:

This is one thing that irritates me. He’s a striker not a winger, yet in most of his short cameos he’s had to play out wide and been largely ineffective. When played through the middle he’s playing his natural position. I’m not arguing that he’s the answer, but it seems unfair to play him out of position all the time and then claim he’s not good enough. I think through the middle his pace has looked dangerous and there was that goal against Dundee (?) which was a tidy finish. 

10 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Where on Earth am I running him down?  Get a grip.  Posters say he lacks confidence.  Was merely offering a suggestion. 

"Posters say he lacks confidence" so you just repost what other slavers say on JKB.

And by your own omission comment on a player you have not seen play in the last two years sad. 

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, bawheed said:

"Posters say he lacks confidence" so you just repost what other slavers say on JKB.

And by your own omission comment on a player you have not seen play in the last two years sad. 

No, I replied IF confidence is lacking a loan may be best suited for him for six months.  I didn’t repeat anything and how nice of you to have a go at me then call posters slavers. 

Bull's-eye

Henderson is no different to all young players with talent. It's up to himself to decide where he wants his career to go, it's not up to Robbie or the coaching staff or the experts on here.

He's been given the chance by the club to be a professional footballer, if he's smart enough he'll keep his trap shut and put in the work required, if that doesn't get him noticed, work harder. If he thinks he's reached his peak then he's destined for the lower leagues with all the other premadonas that go through the club.

The club obviously think he has something about him to step it up a gear. It's up to the player to put in the graft. 

30 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No, I replied IF confidence is lacking a loan may be best suited for him for six months.  I didn’t repeat anything and how nice of you to have a go at me then call posters slavers. 

Check what you posted!

I think this is definitely make or break season for Henderson in terms of a Hearts career.  I have seen glimpses but have yet to be convinced.  He seems to do well in training and has impressed successive managers.  I would love nothing better than to see him take off and become a goal machine for us.  

Edited by TexasAndy

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

I think this is definitely make or break season for Henderson in terms of a Hearts career.  I have seen glimpses but have yet to be convinced.  He seems to do well in training and has impressed successive managers.  I would love nothing better than to see him take off and become a goal machine for us.  

This is where I am at. Give him a run of 5 games from the start and see if he can get us goals. I hate giving young players 5/10 mins at the end and hoping it somehow magically works out. He clearly has something for coaches and gaffer to offer a new contract. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Maroonjam said:

This is where I am at. Give him a run of 5 games from the start and see if he can get us goals. I hate giving young players 5/10 mins at the end and hoping it somehow magically works out. He clearly has something for coaches and gaffer to offer a new contract. 

Yeah a home grown status that we need for Europe 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah a home grown status that we need for Europe 

Like others that we didn't extend

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Like others that we didn't extend

Yeah.

He’s evidently closer to the first team than those we let go. That doesn’t mean he’s good enough to play. Where the players that left have ended up says what you need to know. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah.

He’s evidently closer to the first team than those we let go. That doesn’t mean he’s good enough to play. Where the players that left have ended up says what you need to know.

And the fact that he's home grown and got an extension doesn't mean he isn't good enough.

3 hours ago, Maroonjam said:

Lee McCulloch said he was one of the best finishers in the team I'm sure. His issue was confidence and not believing in himself in games.

You could see at the end of the championship season he was making good runs off the shoulder and contributing to goals then had a successful loan spell at Alloa. 

Like any youth though it's down to them to deliver when they get the opportunity 

Henderson I find interesting. He has pace and had scored goals, all be it at a level. In terms of squad would he have scored more than say Woodburn over the course of last season? Getting out on loan has hopefully improved him. But given you can use 5 subs now I'm not against giving him time as an option. It's up to the lad to take his chances when they come. Pivotal season for him I feel

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Lee McCulloch said he was one of the best finishers in the team I'm sure. His issue was confidence and not believing in himself in games.

You could see at the end of the championship season he was making good runs off the shoulder and contributing to goals then had a successful loan spell at Alloa. 

Like any youth though it's down to them to deliver when they get the opportunity 

Oh dear you've done it now. 

8 hours ago, jambo19 said:

Agreed some players buckle under the pressure but I always felt he brought a different dynamic to our play. I've always been 50/50 on Boyce as he is too slow at link up play and only played well in bursts. If worst comes to and we can't get a decent striker I'm happy to give the boy a chance. 

King prawn
8 hours ago, Maroonjam said:

Agreed some players buckle under the pressure but I always felt he brought a different dynamic to our play. I've always been 50/50 on Boyce as he is too slow at link up play and only played well in bursts. If worst comes to and we can't get a decent striker I'm happy to give the boy a chance. 

Always felt he was like playing with a man down myself. We need 2 new strikers if we're going to improve on last season - Boyce misses far too many and is more effective in the number 10 role. Henderson is not going to take us to 3rd place and closer to the OF. Simple as.

Watt-Zeefuik

Watching Boyce I think he's gotten himself a case of the yips. We were requiring so much from him in terms of scoring, particularly before Simms got here, that he started overthinking his shots.

He's been a very good finisher across his career and really didn't miss the chances until starting around December or so. Nothing to do unfortunately except put support around him and move him to more of a support striker.

7 hours ago, King prawn said:

Always felt he was like playing with a man down myself. We need 2 new strikers if we're going to improve on last season - Boyce misses far too many and is more effective in the number 10 role. Henderson is not going to take us to 3rd place and closer to the OF. Simple as.

We certainly can't expect to do much with just Boyce and Henderson, but I think one new superior, polished striker and one young up-and-coming prospect should be plenty to go with Boyce and Henderson. Ginnelly has also shown some of his best play from the striker position.

Thought Henderson showed great composure to slot away his goal yesterday. Probably needs another loan at a good level but we shouldn’t write him off atm.

20 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Watching Boyce I think he's gotten himself a case of the yips. We were requiring so much from him in terms of scoring, particularly before Simms got here, that he started overthinking his shots.

He's been a very good finisher across his career and really didn't miss the chances until starting around December or so. Nothing to do unfortunately except put support around him and move him to more of a support striker.

We certainly can't expect to do much with just Boyce and Henderson, but I think one new superior, polished striker and one young up-and-coming prospect should be plenty to go with Boyce and Henderson. Ginnelly has also shown some of his best play from the striker position.

Ginnelly will spend half his season injured or feeling sorry for himself. So not sure we can count on him.

Jambo in Bathgate
51 minutes ago, Papa said:

Thought Henderson showed great composure to slot away his goal yesterday. Probably needs another loan at a good level but we shouldn’t write him off atm.

Henderson should not be loaned out. He’s at an age now where he should be getting a chance. He’s scored three goals in preseason. We will have a number of games were he can be used. Better than loaning him out. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’d rather have Hendo one on one with Marshall than Boyce against Hibs if it comes to it.

Anyone disagree?

Cant remember the last one on one Boyce scored from and he’s had plenty of them.

On 08/07/2022 at 10:11, Robbies Tackle said:

I don’t see what the point is of extending a 22 year old for a year and loaning him out . He is as ready for first team football at Hearts as he is ever going to be. It’s now or never for the laddie and I think we’ll keep him here. He’s club trained for the Euro squad so I’d say we’ll definitely keep him here for that alone. 

He will be given a chance this season and why not

Done quite well so far imo

I also think with game time he will do just grand, yet some have written him off already

Go Hendo take your chance and prove the doubters wrong 

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully Henderson does well but imo he'll be no better than a squad filler and then let go at the end of the season. 

Livingston or Dunfermline will be his level and he can go from there. 

If we want to cement 3rd place and close the gap on the OF then guys like Henderson won't do it. He's not a bad player but his quality is below the standard of a team with ambitions of European football, getting 3rd and being consistent in the cups with the aim of continuous improvement. 

Simms and the Shankland types will help us. 

This mirrors the Irving chat last season and we know what happened there. 

He left and guys like Beni and Devlin came in. Far better. 

He might surprise, but I'd bet on him being released at the end of the season. 

Andy kirks lad will probably have a better shit with us. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

andyscott82
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hopefully Henderson does well but imo he'll be no better than a squad filler and then let go at the end of the season. 

If we want to cement 3rd place and close the gap on the OF then guys like Henderson won't do it. He's not a bad player but his quality is below the standard of a team with ambitions of European football, getting 3rd and being consistent in the cups with the aim of continuous improvement. 

Livi or Dunfermline? Giving yourself quite the margin of error there - mid table Premiership to League One! 😂

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, andyscott82 said:

Livi or Dunfermline? Giving yourself quite the margin of error there - mid table Premiership to League One! 😂

Forgot Dunfermline went down. 

Lower Premier or championship. 

2 hours ago, The Kdogg said:

What’s Andy Kirks sons bowel movements got to do with any of this?

The best strikers have the best shits mate. Didnt you know?

Its where the phrase "shit off a shovel" originated.

Edited by Jammy T

22 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Henderson should not be loaned out. He’s at an age now where he should be getting a chance. He’s scored three goals in preseason. We will have a number of games were he can be used. Better than loaning him out. 

It very much depends on which strikers we bring in. If we bring in a couple of good ‘uns then a loan until January is a better option than warming the bench. Henderson is too old for the B team and at his age he needs regular games. A decision on a loan will be left until the last minute.

FarmerTweedy
22 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I didn't realise we monitored that sort of thing!