Euan Henderson

7PNJ4

Really hope he gets a consistent chance this season. Did what you're supposed to do as a striker out on loan last season and scored goals. Key players may find themselves rested more frequently in the upcoming campaign and I think this will give players on the fringes of the squad more motivation. Motivation isn't something he's lacked though, rather the opportunity. If he gets consistent game time I think he gets at least 10 goals this season. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Churchill Barrier

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• A_A wehatethehibs

4 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Really hope he gets a consistent chance this season. Did what you're supposed to do as a striker out on loan last season and scored goals. Key players may find themselves rested more frequently in the upcoming campaign and I think this will give players on the fringes of the squad more motivation. Motivation isn't something he's lacked though, rather the opportunity. If he gets consistent game time I think he gets at least 10 goals this season. 

I agree entirely.  He deserves his chance, despite what many on here feel.

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

I agree entirely.  He deserves his chance, despite what many on here feel.

Just think he's a bit different. That run against Dundee in the championship is not something many players can do. Yes, it's the championship and it was almost a pointless game at that point but you still have to have the skill to make those things happen. 

1 minute ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Just think he's a bit different. That run against Dundee in the championship is not something many players can do. Yes, it's the championship and it was almost a pointless game at that point but you still have to have the skill to make those things happen. 

I know what your saying but "a run" that someone made 2 years ago isn't much to go on. He will be given a fair crack in preseason I'm sure. 

He's nowhere near good enough to maintain a 1st team place, miles away from it in fact.

He's done the square root of Jack Shit to deserve a chance no matter what punters on here think.

The ball is in his court though and he has youth on his side and all he can do is work harder than anyone else and keep improving and hope his chance comes, when it does, we'll see. 

JamboAndrew

If he scores and plays well in the minutes he is given, then great. 

If not, move on and let him go to another club where  he can build up minutes and goals. He hasn't shown me he's the standard we need. But there have been flashes.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He's done the square root of Jack Shit to deserve a chance no matter what punters on here think.

you know better than everyone else, no matter what they think - PMSL. You sound like Boris!

This season is probably his last chance here so he has to take it when presented. Good luck to him, would love to see our own lads succeed here. 

Mr Elwood P
29 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Euan really needs us to sign only 1 striker to have a decent amount of game time. If we bring in Shankland and Simms he's going to struggle. If we only sign 1 of the 2 he's got a chance to stake a claim.

Churchill Barrier
31 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

If he was given the game time boyce has been given, he would score more goals,  far better finisher.  

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Euan really needs us to sign only 1 striker to have a decent amount of game time. If we bring in Shankland and Simms he's going to struggle. If we only sign 1 of the 2 he's got a chance to stake a claim.

That just translates as if we sign a good goalscorer he won't get a chance because he isn't good enough.

If he is good enough he'll play irrespective of who we sign.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

That just translates as if we sign a good goalscorer he won't get a chance because he isn't good enough.

If he is good enough he'll play irrespective of who we sign.

Em .... no.

24 minutes ago, ShadyAcres said:

I know what your saying but "a run" that someone made 2 years ago isn't much to go on. He will be given a fair crack in preseason I'm sure. 

The run was an example to show that despite limited opportunities he can do something that most can't when given the chance. Apply consistent game time and a strike partner that will allow him the space to run in behind defences and I think he scores goals. If he plays 33 games (15 starts) for Hearts this season and doesn't score ten I'll put £100 into the FOH. 

Euan will continue his career away from Hearts. Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he has the required ability to succeed here.

I don't buy if ur face doesn't fit cliche.  At the end of the day, if ur good enough and professional then u will make it. If Henderson is good enough then he will play a part next season. From what I've seen, he isn't, for Hearts level anyway. That's not to say he hasn't progressed and could/hopefully prove me wrong!

My eyes may have been deceiving me but in the highlights of the goals earlier it did look like he had bulked up a bit and so all for giving him a chance. I think he might surprise some. 

Think he should be around the 1st team, see if he has improved but I wouldn't want him to play just for the sake of it l. 

He scored in two of his last three starts (at the end of the Championship season I admit).

Didn't do much in 33 minutes of substitute appearances last season then went on loan and clocked up a 17 goals in 29 appearances on loan.

He's now started in a pre-season friendly and notched up a goal and an assist.

You can't really accuse him of not taking his chances on the pitch. Would like to see him given a few more of them.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, number-16 said:

He scored in two of his last three starts (at the end of the Championship season I admit).

Didn't do much in 33 minutes of substitute appearances last season then went on loan and clocked up a 17 goals in 29 appearances on loan.

He's now started in a pre-season friendly and notched up a goal and an assist.

You can't really accuse him of not taking his chances on the pitch. Would like to see him given a few more of them.

As I said in the transfer thread. We are due to produce a Hearts developed striker. Why not Henderson. He scored yesterday and provided the pass for GMS’s goal. 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

He's nowhere near good enough to maintain a 1st team place, miles away from it in fact.

The ball is in his court though and he has youth on his side and all he can do is work harder than anyone else and keep improving and hope his chance comes, when it does, we'll see. 

You can only score in games you're in, and he's scored bushels in the games he's been in. He needs to show it on the training pitch with the first team players but to imply that he hasn't done what he needs to do in his loans and bounce game appearances is just blinkered.

6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Bit harsh but probably about right. Strikers thrive on confidence though and his success last season may give him the wee boost he needs to kick on. As you say, he’s still young. 

He's not the best striker we'll ever have but he's certainly nowhere near the worst. 

I really hope he takes his chance this season. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

He's not the best striker we'll ever have but he's certainly nowhere near the worst. 

I really hope he takes his chance this season. 

True Gnando got plenty game time and produced he haw lad deserves a chance 

Ffs, every season the same old pish. Why must we always do this. Do people live in Narnia? Or perhaps someone may come along and sprinkle magic dust on him?

The boy is nowhere near SPL standard. Ffs, ***** on here a few seasons back saying Craig Wighton's time would come. Wighton struggles to hold down a place for Arbroath.

The Scottish Championship is littered with young (ish) ex Hearts players. Most of these players, if not all have had one of these threads about him here on JKB.

Henderson will NEVER and I mean NEVER make it at Hearts. Unless, of course we mean Kelty Hearts.

I get no pleasure in saying all this, I wanted him to be the real deal and get signed by Man City for 50 million quid but the reality is it simply will not happen. He is simply not good enough for us.

King prawn

Woke up and the first thread I go into, I agree with an i8 rant .. back to bed :lol: 

But fwiw, and I’ve said it for 3 seasons now - Henderson won’t make it at Hearts. 

Leveins Battalion

Henderson got his goal yesterday but he missed 2 absolute sitters,the 1st one an open goal from 5 yards.

He is short of the quality we need.

Finger in the air, I am going to guestimate that in the past 10 seasons there have been 50 of these type of threads. I am without any doubt that in the case of 99% of them, the player did not 'come good'.

I even doubt the 1% success story but I am willing to admit that I may be wrong, for the life of me however I can't think of who the player could have been.

I mean Craig Wighton ffs

:facepalm:

It was so very clear from day one that the boy was dug meat.

Never been convinced by his demeanour. Always felt he lacked guts as a game wore on. He’d start a game brightly then fade quickly. 

22 now, not old but not young. At 22 you expect to see players starting to mature and look like they are capable of taking responsibility as a dependable first team player, but that ground work should’ve been well down the line by now.  

Bob Loblaw

He done well in the championship season with limited chances and has had a standout loan spell.  Its up to him now to impress in preseason. If he does he'll be about the squad. No one is suggesting he become our main striker, but as a squad rotation option or someone to look at from the bench we could do worse. In fact we did last season at times.

Absolute Scenes
9 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Geez did he pump your Mrs??!

he’s done more than enough to deserve a shot, loan spells show that enough

A_A wehatethehibs

Bang average over his 50 appearances for Hearts 

So it’s up to him to step up. 

Osman Sow, Kyle Lafferty, Steven Naismith, Liam Boyce, Ellis Simms.  That’s been the standard set for Hearts CFs in the last 5-6-7 years. We are looking for that level and better. 

Not up to the management team to “give him a chance” if he’s not up to that standard. 

john thomas
6 hours ago, Poseidon said:

My eyes may have been deceiving me but in the highlights of the goals earlier it did look like he had bulked up a bit and so all for giving him a chance. I think he might surprise some. 

These comments are puzzling . Whatever his qualities , or lack of them , he certainly didn't need to 'bulk up'

15 minutes ago, john thomas said:

These comments are puzzling . Whatever his qualities , or lack of them , he certainly didn't need to 'bulk up'

Too easily brushed off the ball .

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its not so much a case of getting a chance, everyone gets a go pre season, its taking the chance and putting in the work to make yourself better

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I like Euan and i believe he can do a job for us in a Wayne Foster impact style way but if we go into the season with him as even our 3rd striker then it kind of undoes all the good recruitment we have done in defence and midfield.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ffs, every season the same old pish. Why must we always do this. Do people live in Narnia? Or perhaps someone may come along and sprinkle magic dust on him?

The boy is nowhere near SPL standard. Ffs, ***** on here a few seasons back saying Craig Wighton's time would come. Wighton struggles to hold down a place for Arbroath.

The Scottish Championship is littered with young (ish) ex Hearts players. Most of these players, if not all have had one of these threads about him here on JKB.

Henderson will NEVER and I mean NEVER make it at Hearts. Unless, of course we mean Kelty Hearts.

I get no pleasure in saying all this, I wanted him to be the real deal and get signed by Man City for 50 million quid but the reality is it simply will not happen. He is simply not good enough for us.

Nailed on now to score 20 min this season, and secure a $5m move to the English Championship at the end of it.

If he is on more than 400 a week we are being robbed. He might have a small role this season due to the Euro games and the pressure it puts on the squad though so prob worth him hanging around,otherwise he should be released as never gonna start regularly.

11 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hope Hendos looking thinking  thank f vc i checked KB for advice 

Edited by SCFHearts

Perth to Paisley
11 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Can I ask when the last time you saw him play?

Almost as ridiculous as me saying he might be the new Gareth Bale who was regarded as guff when he signed for Spurs then blossomed into a 5 Champions league medal winner!

Bull's-eye

Few frillies in a twist on here from the experts.

Let's see how many times he plays for the big boys team, I'll just go with appearances, because I doubt he'll get many, never mind goals.

Also never realised pre-season friendlies was where all the world's top scouts hang out for spotting talent.

The new Gareth Bale ? :rofl:

Every day's a school day on here.

john thomas
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Too easily brushed off the ball .

That may be true at times but think he just has to learn to use his strength better . Not unusual in young guys . Certainly doesn't need to bulk up . 

12 hours ago, Churchill Barrier said:

If he was given the game time boyce has been given, he would score more goals,  far better finisher.  

Sums it up perfectly.

Dick Dastardly
12 hours ago, Churchill Barrier said:

If he was as good an all round player as Boyce he would have been given that game time. I really do hope he grabs his chance this year, though. 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

AlphonseCapone

No issues him get a chance where needed but my feeling is he isn't good enough for where we are going. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The fact is he was recalled last season after looking good for Alloa and Robbie still didn't give him a chance when we were short of strikers. To me that suggests he doesn't cut it in training. Hopefully he will work hard to get a proper chance again.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie