• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

35 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Au contraire.

Word is, it's a regular occurrence and not always that man who was beside her on the doorstep of #10. Her Wiki entry names one of the Tory MPs who she's let have his Dicken's Cider; Kwaze Kwarteng is another and there's strong suggestions that Boris Johnson is among the others who've had their Dicken's Cider.

👍 Not an exclusive/short list by all accounts..

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Someone who feels 100% Scottish. They can however, still claim to be British, European or whatever else they wish in addition.

Who you vote for doesn't define you as Scottish anymore than who you choose to marry. It's just a tiny piece of the overall picture.

Spot on. No one has the right to narrow the definition of being Scottish, although some think they have in their own heads (a form of bigotry. Not all bigotry is sectarian).

Scots are free to believe in whatever they like,no matter how much it upsets some others. Just as in any free country. It doesn't make them any more or less Scottish than any other.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If she freezes the energy bills it’s a game changer.

it was to be £3,500 October and possibly up to £5,000 in January.

If she caps at £2,000 then that’s  an amazing relief for millions of household’s 

That’s an old trick.

It could’ve been worse.

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Having just seen her triumphant walk to number 10 on the news I’ll give her credit for something. 
A fair pair of chebs. 

Fine Chebs doth butter no parsnips, as the saying goes (I think). 😜

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Having just seen her triumphant walk to number 10 on the news I’ll give her credit for something. 
A fair pair of chebs. 

The last incumbent was a bigger cheb than those.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

She says her government will "transform Britain into a DESPERATION nation"

:rofl:

FTFY

Edited by WorldChampions1902

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If she freezes the energy bills it’s a game changer.

it was to be £3,500 October and possibly up to £5,000 in January.

If she caps at £2,000 then that’s  an amazing relief for millions of household’s 

I read the plan was for a cap of around £2500, based on average use of 2,900kWh electricity and 12,000kWh gas. To last for an initial 18 months. I don't like Truss or her party but that's certainly a step in the right direction. I would imagine the £400 Winter sub will be stopped.

On the minus side, it will result in millions going to wealthy people with big houses and more consumption - people who can withstand the full cost prices. So the super rich will actually benefit more than Joe Average at cost to the public purse.

12 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Therese Coffey appointed Deputy PM. Just when you thought this Junta couldn’t get any worse.:facepalm:

All the big jobs are going to her kindred spirit free marketeer ideologues.  A bunch of tunnel vision dinosaurs who haven't considered and probably never will consider that the ideology for it's own sake as a national,  pan-society benefit is obsolete.  It only favours the wealthy and powerful and the immoral and unscrupulous.

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I read the plan was for a cap of around £2500, based on average use of 2,900kWh electricity and 12,000kWh gas. To last for an initial 18 months. I don't like Truss or her party but that's certainly a step in the right direction. I would imagine the £400 Winter sub will be stopped.

On the minus side, it will result in millions going to wealthy people with big houses and more consumption - people who can withstand the full cost prices. So the super rich will actually benefit more than Joe Average at cost to the public purse.

Just waiting on her cry. "Let them eat cheese",  Well she said we import too much of it. She even had a did  at the French, saying we produce more cheese than the French..  

Batshit loony.

maroonlegions
Just now, Victorian said:

All the big jobs are going to her kindred spirit free marketeer ideologues.  A bunch of tunnel vision dinosaurs who haven't considered and probably never will consider that the ideology for it's own sake as a national,  pan-society benefit is obsolete.  It only favours the wealthy and powerful and the immoral and unscrupulous.

It will continue as long as the working class fall for their bullshit. 

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

image.thumb.jpeg.01ab43d567f1b70b18726b7d6849c1eb.jpeg

Another one  very well versed in protecting tax havens for the super rich. 

Not  one ounce of human apathy in her.

Edited by maroonlegions

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I'm so tired of hearing about Gordon Brown's opinion if the cost of living. The man is a failure. His legacy was helping to kill Scottish Labour.

Gordon Brown's shits are more economically literate than anything in Number 10

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

It will continue as long as the working class fall for their bullshit. 

A high bar exists for change.  Almost nobody is interested in looking into the detail.  It's enough to rely on slogans,  confected fears and a thin veneer of personality and delivery.

Here is the 2024/5 Tory Party election campaign :

Keep Brexit Safe

Labour - SNP coalition

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A high bar exists for change.  Almost nobody is interested in looking into the detail.  It's enough to rely on slogans,  confected fears and a thin veneer of personality and delivery.

Keep Brexit Safe

Labour - SNP coalition

Yip, its now like a US political game show. Keep the masses entertained while we rob you blind.

Edited by maroonlegions

Jacob Rees Mogg to take over responsibility for tackling climate change despite decrying 'climate alarmism' - prompting concern among green Tories.

tcs7ck1l?format=jpg&name=small
Jacob Rees-Mogg, who decried ‘climate alarmism’, to take on UK energy brief
Minister expected to add climate change to role after Liz Truss fails to hire dedicated energy minister

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Imaman said:

image.thumb.jpeg.01ab43d567f1b70b18726b7d6849c1eb.jpeg

Like buses.

One racist boot out the home office and et voila another underskilled racist boot rocks up. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Imaman said:
Jacob Rees Mogg to take over responsibility for tackling climate change despite decrying 'climate alarmism' - prompting concern among green Tories.

tcs7ck1l?format=jpg&name=small
Jacob Rees-Mogg, who decried ‘climate alarmism’, to take on UK energy brief
Minister expected to add climate change to role after Liz Truss fails to hire dedicated energy minister

Green Tories, is there such a thing..

Keep Brexit Safe

Labour - SNP coalition

Labour won't team up with the SNP unless the latter agree to no indyref for as long as they're partners. If there was one and Yes won, then the coalition would be dissolved, probably losing its majority! Turkeys don't generally vote for Christmas. 

1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

Labour won't team up with the SNP unless the latter agree to no indyref for as long as they're partners. If there was one and Yes won, then the coalition would be dissolved, probably losing its majority! Turkeys don't generally vote for Christmas. 

Not the purpose of my post.  The Tories campaign will say "Look out,  you'll get a Labour SNP coalition".

maroonlegions

Truss's renewables policy seems to be limited to...

Solar panels on a roof.. allowed.  Solar panels on the ground.. not allowed.

If one can afford it.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Not the purpose of my post.  The Tories campaign will say "Look out,  you'll get a Labour SNP coalition".

Okay, fair doos 👍 When desperate it's in their character. If Labour's huge lead in the polls doesn't narrow before the election,it will be interesting to see what they do. 

maroonlegions

And another reptile  surfaces .

Halloween not far off eh.

They are not even hiding their blatant trolling and piss take of the poor.

305200057_5811153612252434_3466910272250487115_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

The Mighty Thor
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Well I’m shocked that our comrades aren’t happy with the cabinet selection 

shocked 

Much was being made about the most diverse cabinet ever.

I'm not seeing much diversity.  They're all ****s so far. 

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Well I’m shocked that our comrades aren’t happy with the cabinet selection 

shocked 

Your at it. Shocked  my  hard working arse.

Still not come to terms with your lack of human empathy in regards to this government's priority of long standing Tory policies of austerity.

Get Edwina Curry back in the cabinet ..:rofl: 

:facepalm:

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Much was being made about the most diverse cabinet ever.

I'm not seeing much diversity.  They're all ****s so far. 

Corporate elect they are.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Therese Coffey appointed Deputy PM. Just when you thought this Junta couldn’t get any worse.:facepalm:

Sadly, despite knowing how bad it was, I always knew it could be even worse. 

Still, at least Rees-Mogg promised he wouldn't serve under another PM. 

What's that you're saying...?

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

A fair pair of chebs. 

God Bless JKB.

Footballfirst

She is creating problems for herself down the line by replacing all the Sunak supporters with her own acolytes.

I wonder how many letters of no confidence in Betty that Graham Brady will receive by the end of the week. 

Just now, Footballfirst said:

She is creating problems for herself down the line by replacing all the Sunak supporters with her own acolytes.

I wonder how many letters of no confidence in Betty that Graham Brady will receive by the end of the week. 

57% vote.  100% cronies in the gang.

Trouble ahead.

WorldChampions1902
16 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If Civil Servants don't want to implement government policy they can go work at McDonald's. Simple as.

If Government policy requires a Civil Servant to disregard the Civil Service Code of Integrity, Honesty, Objectivity and Impartiality to satisfy a Junta Minister who has complete disregard for those requirements, the Junta member can go work in McDonald’s.

Except that such conduct would disqualify aforementioned Junta member from a job at McDonalds.

Simple as.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

i believe the £400 will still go ahead meaning £2k.

Re’ the wealthy getting it , the argument is that these folk pay higher taxes etc and are their voters.  It would be nigh on impossible to administer in the short period there is to avoid a meltdown. Action has to happen asap.

I don’t grudge them not getting it to be honest (and I’m not in their bracket by the way).

It has to be done urgently and as a whole otherwise the country won’t recover.  All my opinion of course. 
Will they reverse the NI hike as well ?

Re’ the wealthy getting it , the argument is that these folk pay higher taxes etc and are their voters.  It would be nigh on impossible to administer in the short period there is to avoid a meltdown. Action has to happen asap.

I don’t grudge them not getting it to be honest (and I’m not in their bracket by the way).

It has to be done urgently and as a whole otherwise the country won’t recover.  All my opinion of course.