Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

You jest but that moron should be no where near the keys, hell I wouldn't even trust her with the tv remote. Please let them elect the adult even if he is a bit hyper.

She's hopeless with no philosophy or backbone to what she espouses.

Would look up Liz Truss Eddie Mair to see an LBC interview where she is exposed mercilessly 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

In the first round of Tory leadership voting Truss got the support of just 49 other Tory MPs out of 356. So she is the first choice of 13% of Tory MPs going forward to an electorate representing 0.2% of the UK electorate.

What a ringing endorsement for someone who will deny the rest of us a General Election

Yes but there are no alternatives and no other ways of things being done like.  We shouldn't bother with the pretence of aspiring to something different.  

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

She's hopeless with no philosophy or backbone to what she espouses.

Would look up Liz Truss Eddie Mair to see an LBC interview where she is exposed mercilessly 

As far as I'm concerned she is a pound shop Boris - doesn't lie as well, not quite as narcissistic, but just as gaff prone and incapable of mastering her brief. If she does get the job hopefully I've read her wrong.

Dennis Reynolds
On 18/07/2022 at 15:40, Dazo said:

Definitely hyperbolic. Liz Truss won’t be near the job or any new cabinet imo. If she gets the nod I’ll be converted to the independence. 😊

👀

6 weeks to conduct a contest of 2 election across an electorate of 160,000.

:facepalm:

That's the same length as some general elections.  

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

6 weeks to conduct a contest of 2 election across an electorate of 160,000.

:facepalm:

That's the same length as some general elections.  

To be fair there is a summer recess now 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Which has nothing to do with it.  If anything the recess makes it easier to conduct an election.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Hope she does get it. 
Absolutely no sympathy watching that particular downfall played out in front of the cameras. 
For her to even be in the final race to to be the premier politician in the UK, tells you everything you need to know about the state of our political system. 

As others have said it is genuinely a race to the bottom. Truss is a denser and less charismatic version of her current boss and Sunak is entirely the wrong guy to get the economy sorted. Depressing. 

Shooter McGavin
12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hasta la vista baby from the big man 

- missing him already hope he gets back soon 

Internet trolling isn’t for you man, you’re not good at it.

Jambo-Jimbo
32 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Parliament yes, but the hustings don't stop for the recess.

The first of the 12 official public hustings organised by the Conservative party in the leadership contest has been set for July 28 in Leeds, before Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak tour the UK for questioning.

A hustings for the Conservative Councillors’ Association, organised separately and believed to be taking place behind closed doors, is expected to take place on Thursday.

Conservative members are expected to receive postal ballots by August 5, with the ballot shutting at 5pm on September 2 ahead of the final announcement.

The candidates will also attend hustings in Exeter, Eastbourne, Northern Ireland, Manchester and London during their tour.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/20/tory-leadership-race-live-sunak-mordaunt-truss-latest-uk-politics

WorldChampions1902
21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hasta la vista baby from the big man 

- missing him already hope he gets back soon 

You need to get back to Harley Street and request a refund.

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

In the first round of Tory leadership voting Truss got the support of just 49 other Tory MPs out of 356. So she is the first choice of 13% of Tory MPs going forward to an electorate representing 0.2% of the UK electorate.

What a ringing endorsement for someone who will deny the rest of us a General Election

It’s not really any different from Blackford and his “represent the people of Scotland “ that he trots out every day, when the reality is , he doesn’t.

only a minority support him too

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It’s not really any different from Blackford and his “represent the people of Scotland “ that he trots out every day, when the reality is , he doesn’t.

Oh i know. 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

You need to get back to Harley Street and request a refund.

:greggy:

JudyJudyJudy

I hope Liz truss wins . Much prefer her views on some issues . Hopeless as fevk about the economy , foreign policy and most other issues though . 😎

il Duce McTarkin
12 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not for this thread but it might be more to do with her views on a particular topic. 

Fwiw, I like her. I find her genuine and quite refreshing.  I find it odd that braying like a mule in parliament is acceptable but calling arseholes out in plain language is thought to be beneath parliament. 

Corbyn was never in a million years going to be electable. Decent man as he may have been, he showed no conviction during the brexit campaign and quite frankly showing comfort to enemies of the UK is hardly a vote winner so for me it was like Biden v Trump with him and BloJo. 

Starmer and Rayner seem decent if a little light weight. They should be pissing all over the current UKIP/ERG mob that they aren't dismays me. They need to step it up. 

Agree with this.

Konrad von Carstein
58 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The pair of you’ll soon be high 5ing over NS back. 

Can just imagine it, whose your ‘mammy’

Thanks for that mental image...

:berra:

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Blackford does represent the people of Scotland. On a mandate from the Scottish people. In a general election. 

It's not even remotely comparable. 

The Mighty Thor

Missed this earlier. 

Man of the people and would be PM, Itchy Bawsack, regales an interviewer with tales of his time spent in Darlington, Scotland. 

Oh I was hoping the Fat Eton Mess was gone for good 

Boris' Terminator-themed exit speech was a riot - now he can make millions but he WILL be back on frontline of politics

“HASTA la vista . . . baby.” Was that a fond farewell from Boris Johnson, or a Terminator-style threat to blow up his Tory assassins?

A bit of both, perhaps. But for a man nursing a gigantic sense of injustice, the soon-to-be ex-Prime Minister took his final Commons grilling with remarkably good humour.

He listed his achievements and dished out advice to whoever wins the final race to No 10: “Focus on the road ahead, but always remember to check the rear-view mirror.”

It was a new twist on that old political adage: “Your opponents are in front of you — but your enemies are behind.

BoJo might have been thinking about such former allies as front-runner Rishi Sunak, who triggered the PM’s resignation by quitting as Chancellor.

Or those colleagues who refused him a place in their fantasy Cabinet. Or who remained silent when asked if he could be trusted.

But he may have given a clue by singling out Rishi’s former power base for its record of getting big decisions wrong.

“I love the Treasury, said Boris. “But remember that if we always listened to them, we would never have built the M25 or the Channel Tunnel.”

The PM used his last appearance at the despatch box to hail his genuinely remarkable achievements.

“The last few years have been the greatest privilege of my life,” he said.

“I helped to get the biggest Tory majority for 40 years. I transformed our democracy and restored our national independence.

“I have helped get this country through a pandemic and helped save another country from barbarism.

“Frankly that’s enough to be going on with.”

Then, like The Terminator, he signalled he would be back: “Mission accomplished . . . for now.”

Even those who wielded the knife stood and cheered as he left the green benches after a 40-minute bravura display of grace under pressure.

On the opposite benches, by contrast, rows of MPs sat sour-faced and silent, arms folded, unforgiving.

Sir Keir Starmer’s Labour troops and spittle-flecked Scot Nats were in no mood for a good-natured parting. This was hatred, pure bile. To HM Loyal Opposition, a few Downing Street drinks at the end of exhausting 18-hour days during the Covid crisis was not a party — it was tantamount to mass murder.

Yet when Starmer did precisely the same thing at a Labour knees-up in Durham, it was all work and no play.

Such ocean-going, mean-spirited hypocrisy is the hallmark of Sir Keir Starmer, the man who voted 48 times against Brexit but now claims to support it.

The man who fought to prolong lockdown at the risk of collapsing the economy. Who supported the EU go-slow on vaccines and stayed silent as French President Emmanuel Macron tried to sabotage AstraZeneca.

“He is a great, pointless human bollard,” cried Boris, to raucous Tory cheers.

What will Boris do now? Certainly he will revive his domestic finances by resuming a well-paid newspaper column, finishing his book on William Shakespeare, writing lucrative memoirs and delivering million-dollar speeches on the international circuit.

But will Boris lick his wounds and say goodbye to frontline politics? Certainly not, if yesterday’s cryptic remarks are anything to go by.

There is plenty of mileage left in this election-winning phenomenon.

He didn’t come into politics like other politicians, shifting shape and climbing the greasy pole. He burst upon the political landscape, first as Mayor of London and then, in what seems like an instant, as Prime Minister.

He has such rare charismatic stardust he does not need to seek attention. It seeks him out.

Boris betrayed

It is not difficult to imagine Boris returning a few years from now, perhaps after a Tory election defeat, forgiven and shriven of all political sin, cheered on as the returning prodigal son.

Even now, as he shuffles shambolically off centre stage, thousands of grassroots Tory voters are signing a petition urging BoJo not to go-go. Many think he could still win next time. They may be suffering “sellers’ remorse” and this mood will grow with time.

If he hopes to return one day, Boris needs to avoid any perception of disloyalty to his successor, especially if it turns out to be Rishi Sunak, the man he blames for his downfall.

That prospect sprang into focus yesterday as Penny Mordaunt was eliminated, leaving Rishi and Liz Truss in a two-horse race.

Boris certainly feels betrayed. He blames his old enemy Dominic Cummings — a Rishi fan — for masterminding his assassination.

But the first priority of 200,000 paid-up party members is to choose the candidate with the best chance of winning the next election.

They will spend the final weeks of this sensational summer choosing either the first man of colour or a third woman as Britain’s next Prime Minister.

https://apple.news/A5cOjs_4xRXaGJjGq3s6HAA

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Missed this earlier. 

Man of the people and would be PM, Itchy Bawsack, regales an interviewer with tales of his time spent in Darlington, Scotland. 

:rofl:

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Boris' Terminator-themed exit speech was a riot - now he can make millions but he WILL be back on frontline of politics

“HASTA la vista . . . baby.” Was that a fond farewell from Boris Johnson, or a Terminator-style threat to blow up his Tory assassins?

A bit of both, perhaps. But for a man nursing a gigantic sense of injustice, the soon-to-be ex-Prime Minister took his final Commons grilling with remarkably good humour.

He listed his achievements and dished out advice to whoever wins the final race to No 10: “Focus on the road ahead, but always remember to check the rear-view mirror.”

It was a new twist on that old political adage: “Your opponents are in front of you — but your enemies are behind.

BoJo might have been thinking about such former allies as front-runner Rishi Sunak, who triggered the PM’s resignation by quitting as Chancellor.

Or those colleagues who refused him a place in their fantasy Cabinet. Or who remained silent when asked if he could be trusted.

But he may have given a clue by singling out Rishi’s former power base for its record of getting big decisions wrong.

“I love the Treasury, said Boris. “But remember that if we always listened to them, we would never have built the M25 or the Channel Tunnel.”

The PM used his last appearance at the despatch box to hail his genuinely remarkable achievements.

“The last few years have been the greatest privilege of my life,” he said.

“I helped to get the biggest Tory majority for 40 years. I transformed our democracy and restored our national independence.

“I have helped get this country through a pandemic and helped save another country from barbarism.

“Frankly that’s enough to be going on with.”

Then, like The Terminator, he signalled he would be back: “Mission accomplished . . . for now.”

Even those who wielded the knife stood and cheered as he left the green benches after a 40-minute bravura display of grace under pressure.

On the opposite benches, by contrast, rows of MPs sat sour-faced and silent, arms folded, unforgiving.

Sir Keir Starmer’s Labour troops and spittle-flecked Scot Nats were in no mood for a good-natured parting. This was hatred, pure bile. To HM Loyal Opposition, a few Downing Street drinks at the end of exhausting 18-hour days during the Covid crisis was not a party — it was tantamount to mass murder.

Yet when Starmer did precisely the same thing at a Labour knees-up in Durham, it was all work and no play.

Such ocean-going, mean-spirited hypocrisy is the hallmark of Sir Keir Starmer, the man who voted 48 times against Brexit but now claims to support it.

The man who fought to prolong lockdown at the risk of collapsing the economy. Who supported the EU go-slow on vaccines and stayed silent as French President Emmanuel Macron tried to sabotage AstraZeneca.

“He is a great, pointless human bollard,” cried Boris, to raucous Tory cheers.

What will Boris do now? Certainly he will revive his domestic finances by resuming a well-paid newspaper column, finishing his book on William Shakespeare, writing lucrative memoirs and delivering million-dollar speeches on the international circuit.

But will Boris lick his wounds and say goodbye to frontline politics? Certainly not, if yesterday’s cryptic remarks are anything to go by.

There is plenty of mileage left in this election-winning phenomenon.

He didn’t come into politics like other politicians, shifting shape and climbing the greasy pole. He burst upon the political landscape, first as Mayor of London and then, in what seems like an instant, as Prime Minister.

He has such rare charismatic stardust he does not need to seek attention. It seeks him out.

Boris betrayed

It is not difficult to imagine Boris returning a few years from now, perhaps after a Tory election defeat, forgiven and shriven of all political sin, cheered on as the returning prodigal son.

Even now, as he shuffles shambolically off centre stage, thousands of grassroots Tory voters are signing a petition urging BoJo not to go-go. Many think he could still win next time. They may be suffering “sellers’ remorse” and this mood will grow with time.

If he hopes to return one day, Boris needs to avoid any perception of disloyalty to his successor, especially if it turns out to be Rishi Sunak, the man he blames for his downfall.

That prospect sprang into focus yesterday as Penny Mordaunt was eliminated, leaving Rishi and Liz Truss in a two-horse race.

Boris certainly feels betrayed. He blames his old enemy Dominic Cummings — a Rishi fan — for masterminding his assassination.

But the first priority of 200,000 paid-up party members is to choose the candidate with the best chance of winning the next election.

They will spend the final weeks of this sensational summer choosing either the first man of colour or a third woman as Britain’s next Prime Minister.

Actually an extremely accurate summary of Starmer ! Damning in fact !👍

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

:rofl:

What age is she ? Using a word like “riddy” 5th year Bantz 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Starmer doesn’t fill me with confidence especially as a Leader of the Labour Party. They need better IMO 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Imaman said:

Starmer doesn’t fill me with confidence especially as a Leader of the Labour Party. They need better IMO 

Yep if they don’t get shot of him they will lose the next election . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What age is she ? Using a word like “riddy” 5th year Bantz 

A prospective PM thinks Darlington is in Scotland and you're more concerned about the use of the term riddy?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

A prospective PM thinks Darlington is in Scotland and you're more concerned about the use of the term riddy?

I can be concerned about both but only mentioned that . That he didn’t know that wasn’t much of a surprise to me so didn’t feel I wanted to mention it . 

i wish jj was my dad
45 minutes ago, Imaman said:

What a disgraceful article. Out of curiosity I clicked on the link to.see who was the author. Sad to see that the horrible old b'stard is still spewing bile. 

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep if they don’t get shot of him they will lose the next election . 

Aye he'll be shaking in his boots at facing up to Truss. 

A lightweight he may be but I'd take him any day of the week against what the ERG are offering. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Missed this earlier. 

I was semi kidding when I said the other day I doubt Sunak had been north of the border. 
Christ on a bike. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I hope Truss wins now, just for the lols. She would be like Peter Cook's PM in Whoops Apocalypse, handing out umbrellas to protect everyone from nuclear fallout!

Roxy Hearts
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

What was the %vote for Tories at the election? Do they represent the people of UK? 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

I hate to piss on a bonfire, especially when that bonfire is targeted at the Tory party but I didn't hear that as Sunak saying that his time spent in Darlington was him being in Scotland. It was a non sequitur response to the question, "I dare you to go to Scotland; you'll get your ffkknn head kicked in." The type of answer that ignore the substance of the question; typical of politicians in high office. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Indeed he and his party are a spent force 

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I hope Truss wins now, just for the lols. She would be like Peter Cook's PM in Whoops Apocalypse, handing out umbrellas to protect everyone from nuclear fallout!

Easy to say from the other side of the world but as much as Sunak is unfit for office Truss might actually go down in history as being worse than Johnson. It's beyond depressing. 

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I was semi kidding when I said the other day I doubt Sunak had been north of the border. 
Christ on a bike. 

I'll bet he's never been North of the border. 

It'll make no odds as he's not going to win the run off. 

9 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Missed this earlier. 

Ffs what is Rishi trying to do to me. 

The Mighty Thor
54 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Ffs what is Rishi trying to do to me. 

Help you to open your eyes?

Never mind once Truss is in place you can come to the light.