Dundee

Horatio Caine

I wanted Maloney to end up there.

They have dodged a bullet by not going for him.

Maloney is a number two, and will always be a number two.

Laying out cones, bibs, and passing on messages from the manager to the players are his limits.

I so wish they had signed him, the filth are well suited together.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Rockwell

• Newton51

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Why do we hate Dundee?  St mirren yes but not Dundee

A multitude of reasons but the biggest one for me is that every single one of their fans that I have ever met or spoken to on line or just observed in their natural habitat has been an absolute ****ing shambling arse hole

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, Winstons Da said:

Do you think Dundee will be in a Europa League Final in 10 years time?

Maybe if they go for soft loans and died first.

I didn't mind Dundee FC until that vote. 

I'd never held any grudge for Dens '86. They were entitled to try and win a game of football that day; even if there had been nothing at stake for them.

It was that vote which turned me from a shoulder shrugger about them to full on hate. 

A hopeless club who've done nothing and been nowhere for nearly 50 years.

Their demise would be a kindness to the dour, dark blue, millstone carrying Dundonian. 

Edited by martoon

15 hours ago, Rockwell said:

No it's not it's the same as every city in the UK has its good bits and some not so good .I take it your from Monaco

It's the drug death capital of Europe, so the previous poster may have a point.

They really just need to admit defeat there and merge with Utd. 

Shitty thing to say, but neither club is doing their city much justice and a larger club could probably compete top 6/ push for Europe with Aberdeen and Hibs. 

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'd never held any grudge for Dens '86. They were entitled to try and win a game of football that day; even if there had been nothing at stake for them.

It was that vote which turned me from a shoulder shrugger about them to full on hate. 

Their demise would be a kindness to the dour, dark blue, millstone carrying Dundonian. 

They would have qualified for Europe if rangers had lost. There was a rumour at the game that rangers were getting beat

5 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

They would have qualified for Europe if rangers had lost. There was a rumour at the game that rangers were getting beat

Yeah, I remember that.

A lot of carry on that day.

A Hibs supporting mate of mine, at the time, told me that Grandstand briefly had Dundee 1-0 ahead during the first half.

No idea if that's true.

2 hours ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Indeed. A few years ago, someone told me that Dundee was Scotland's most up-and-coming city. If this is true, I fear for Scotland. 

10years ago Dundee was actually decent. I used to go all the time but when I'm up there now it's a city full of woke students and schemies.

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

10years ago Dundee was actually decent. I used to go all the time but when I'm up there now it's a city full of woke students and schemies.

Woke schemies?

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, martoon said:

Summed up my thoughts there. 

In 86 their team tried their best to win a match, unlike St midden, who I will never wish anything but misery for that day. 

However scumdee's behaviour in the "vote" means that I wish them the same fate as midden 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Summed up my thoughts there. 

In 86 their team tried their best to win a match, unlike St midden, who I will never wish anything but misery for that day. 

However scumdee's behaviour in the "vote" means that I wish them the same fate as midden 

Scanned through Danny McGrain's bio in the library once and his praise for Dundee's professionalism was gushing.

Not a word about St. Mirren, of course, and their complete lack of it.

Sickening.

Interesting fact, there are a disproportionate amount of women from Dundee (in relation to other areas) incarcerated in Scottish Prisons.

Interesting fact 2. They do not have a lot of teeth between them. 

Weakened Offender
On 04/06/2022 at 12:22, Sherbet said:

There was a roar halfway through the second half which, at the time, suggested Rangers were getting beat. 

Weebroon98
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It gets worse for Dundee, Steve Kean is now linked with the job.

Oh please be this, they will be in the first division this time next year 

CostaJambo
9 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Interesting fact, there are a disproportionate amount of women from Dundee (in relation to other areas) incarcerated in Scottish Prisons.

Interesting fact 2. They do not have a lot of teeth between them. 

Another fact, which although not as interesting as the 2 above and has no dental references, does reinforce the Dundee female stereotype. A friend of mine was taking a short cut through a Dundee housing estate when he happened upon the tail end of a heated argument between two women, one at ground level and the other on her balcony. As he approached the screaming banshees the one at ground level stormed off with the other shouting after her "Away and lick yer **** oot!"".

*Begins with a "C".

maroonsgotop
On 04/06/2022 at 12:22, Sherbet said:

Spot on. That's when they made their sub and the game changed. They had never looked like scoring until that point.

Everything about Dundee FC is horrible, the board, the players, the last two managers and the shitty soulless stadium. They add nothing to Scottish football.

15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Everything about Dundee FC is horrible, the board, the players, the last two managers and the shitty soulless stadium. They add nothing to Scottish football.

Spot on 

Can not see Steve Kean wanting it when all he needs to do is sit tight at Hibs and undermine their string of shite yes man managers until it is his turn 

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

They offer an insight to how bad things could be in fairness

Edited by RustyRightPeg

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They offer an insight to how bad things could be in fairness

It is weird though because a few decades ago they probably had a decent claim for being the sixth biggest club in the country but now they are viewed by every one as a shambles and laughably tin pot 

Malinga the Swinga
On 04/06/2022 at 12:14, martoon said:

It's not 1986 that I hold against them. It's more that their stadium is a cess pit, their supporters are a jakey lot of drug addled ***** who couldn't do a decent days work if it killed them, the city they come from is a dying shit hole, they have players who should be in jail never mind professional sport and their board are just snakes.

Add that to their inability to work a fax machine and I wish Dundee FC nothing but misery and a painful death.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's not 1986 that I hold against them. It's more that their stadium is a cess pit, their supporters are a jakey lot of drug addled ***** who couldn't do a decent days work if it killed them, the city they come from is a dying shit hole, they have players who should be in jail never mind professional sport and their board are just snakes.

Add that to their inability to work a fax machine and I wish Dundee FC nothing but misery and a painful death.

Their supporters every single time for me total scum bags 

19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.69df84f3465e8d34ffda0c4033fb1d35.jpg

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Gary Bowyer appointed. 

Bet their support are totally underwhelmed by this.

11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Bet their support are totally underwhelmed by this.

Strange appointment especially knows nothing about Scottish football or the championship. Must be looking for signings from English market 

jack Ross was meant to be a boyhood Dundee fan but rules himself out and possibly linked with Dundee United if courts goes

Edited by Newton51

Pie n bovril summary

A wee true story I can now share about the Jack Ross and Shaun Maloney offers.

Jack Ross was number one choice and was offered the job to which he declined. Focus then put on Shaun Maloney and everything agreed.

Jack Ross contacts John Nelms to advise he has made huge mistake and wants job.

Shaun Maloney advised we want to wait before making decision.

Press conference date agreed with Ross and verbal deal agreed.

Ross then contacts Nelms  to advise he can’t take job as his wife won’t let him get a flat up here on his own. Deal off.

Shaun Maloney finds out about deal being agreed with Ross and pulls out. 

Focus then moves to Gary Bowyer which was done very quickly since contact only made towards end of last week.

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Pie n bovril summary

Jack Ross was number one choice and was offered the job to which he declined. Focus then put on Shaun Maloney and everything agreed.

Ross then contacts Nelms  to advise he can’t take job as his wife won’t let him get a flat up here on his own. Deal off.

Focus then moves to Gary Bowyer which was done very quickly since contact only made towards end of last week.

Where does Ross live that he can't commute to Dundee?

3 minutes ago, briever said:

Good god man just enjoy the chaos for **** sake 😄 

10 minutes ago, briever said:

Rumoured to live in north east England

when worked at Sunderland. Commuted to Edinburgh 

19 minutes ago, briever said:

Falkirk 😂 his wife must think he was going to shag about in Dundee 😂 a whole hour away from Falkirk.

Meanwhile I think John Potter (who was Jack Ross' assistant from time at Sunderland) could do well for Kelty Hearts. 

29 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rumoured to live in north east England

when worked at Sunderland. Commuted to Edinburgh 

I wonder why his wife didn't want him to move to Dundee on his own.  It's almost as if she doesn't trust him.

Weakened Offender
On 05/06/2022 at 19:56, maroonsgotop said:

Spot on. That's when they made their sub and the game changed. They had never looked like scoring until that point.

It was that useless ***** Tosh McKinlay they took off too. 🙄

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I wonder why his wife didn't want him to move to Dundee on his own.  It's almost as if she doesn't trust him.

It’s almost like she didn’t believe his Scotsman press relea…in-depth interview where he said he had no idea why big bad Hearts let him go!

On 04/06/2022 at 12:20, OTT said:

They really just need to admit defeat there and merge with Utd. 

Shitty thing to say, but neither club is doing their city much justice and a larger club could probably compete top 6/ push for Europe with Aberdeen and Hibs. 

United finished 4th (above Aberdeen and Hibs) and qualified for Europe this season on their own.

1 minute ago, hunts said:

United finished 4th (above Aberdeen and Hibs) and qualified for Europe this season on their own.

After nearly a decade of over spending by millions each season ………….. not exactly a stable plan for a successful future

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

After nearly a decade of over spending by millions each season ………….. not exactly a stable plan for a successful future

Yup. Utd are without doubt the better of the two but neither are anywhere near as consistent or strong as they could be.

Fully expect to see Utd relegated in the next 5 years when the American gets bored.

The Old Tolbooth
On 03/06/2022 at 20:24, tightrope said:

Also....just drove through it, it's a shithole. 

Hopefully with a bulldozer! 

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, briever said:

Imagine choosing Sunderland over Embra.

I doubt he lives in a terraced house. It says he lives in rural Northumberland which is really nice.

On 04/06/2022 at 09:37, Smoked-Glass said:

Why do we hate Dundee?  St mirren yes but not Dundee

Because it rhymes with Hibernian FC 

:hobofish:

12 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Pie n bovril summary

You get the impression their recruitment was an absolute shambles. In the end anyone would have done. I hope it’s going to be a long hard season for them and the arse of an owner they have,  and they are stuck down there for years to come.