Cup Final Bus thread ( updated/merged )

Big Bruno

Does anyone know of a supporters bus leaving from North Lanarkshire (ideally Newmains, Shotts, Wishaw or Carluke) for the final?

• davemclaren changed the title to Cup Final Bus thread ( updated )
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• McGlynn The Money

• thebuzzbomb

• DennisG860

4 hours ago, Big Bruno said:

Does anyone know of a supporters bus leaving from North Lanarkshire (ideally Newmains, Shotts, Wishaw or Carluke) for the final?

give me a PM mate I'm bus convenor 

I'm looking for 5 seats on a bus from West Lothian / Falkirk if anyone has spare capacity. 

I'm trying to see if we can get seats on the Forth Valley Hearts bus but might be tricky. 

Any other options considered. 

Edited by Shedboy77

Have we given up hope that Hearts are going to run supporters buses for non-hospitality fans?  Anyone ITK who can confirm?

3 minutes ago, Thurlaston said:

Have we given up hope that Hearts are going to run supporters buses for non-hospitality fans?  Anyone ITK who can cot timesnfirm?

Only if you can afford 168 quid for the Hospitality package. 

That's been the form in recent times. 

Even though we are fan owned we have become quite an elitist club. 

Everything has to show a profit and nothing given back to the ordinary fans. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What did the club say about these points when you contacted them yesterday?

1 minute ago, been here before said:

i take it that was the same when they ran 50 or so busses from Tynie for the last final we could all attend pre covid?!

been here before
7 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

i take it that was the same when they ran 50 or so busses from Tynie for the last final we could all attend pre covid?!

No idea but given the package was only announced about half 2 yesterday Im presuming doug was right on the phone asking if there was a hospitality free option.

If he was told there wasnt then Im sure he would have raised his other points just for clarification. 

Interesting to hear the thinking behind the club stance from him.

Edited by been here before

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

The last time I contacted them they just said they no longer provided transport. 

I expect it will be the same again. 

Maybe they are right and there is no demand for it and fans are happy to mix with opposition fans on public transport. 

I have my free bus pass but would much rather pay to go door to door than hang around Glasgow after the game. 

I will be sending an email question in to the AGM about this and the other matters. 

Dont get me wrong I think the club is being well run but we are a bit Arfur Daley at times to turn a profit. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They've frozen our season ticket prices. 

So something has been given back. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

10 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

The only buses that ran from Tynie for the 2019 final against Celtic were for Hospitality customers. 

Buses for ordinary fans left Tynecastle for 2006 final and semi final. I'm not sure about 2012 semi final but 2012 final buses were provided. 

Buses were very busy on all occasions I used them. 

been here before
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The last time I contacted them they just said they no longer provided transport. 

I expect it will be the same again. 

Maybe they are right and there is no demand for it and fans are happy to mix with opposition fans on public transport. 

I have my free bus pass but would much rather pay to go door to door than hang around Glasgow after the game. 

I will be sending an email question in to the AGM about this and the other matters. 

Dont get me wrong I think the club is being well run but we are a bit Arfur Daley at times to turn a profit. 

So you havent contacted them and you dont know.

You just "expect its the same".

Righto.

40 minutes ago, Thurlaston said:

Have we given up hope that Hearts are going to run supporters buses for non-hospitality fans?  Anyone ITK who can confirm?

No one knows. Perhaps worth contacting them on the off chance. If theres enough demand then maybe something.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, been here before said:

So you havent contacted them and you dont know.

You just "expect its the same".

Righto.

No one knows. Perhaps worth contacting them on the off chance. If theres enough demand then maybe something.

Is this your only pleasure in life ? 

Being horrible to anonymous people on a message board. 

BTW what's the best bus to get from the centre of Glasgow ? 😏

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Any bus heading for Edinburgh, and the quicker the better. 😊

been here before
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

No-ones being horrible juat simply pointing out the boy asked a question and you're presenting your opinion as fact whilst at the same time having yet another go at the club. You're "fan owned" pish is getting tiresome. I bet you sit there expecting Neilson to come round and present you with your breakfast in bed whilst Naismith is away getting your messages because "we're fan owned" and you see yourself as an "owner".

As for your second part I've no idea as Ive 4 options of getting through to the final. Cant see it being too diffucult to work out though. Its called doing things for yourself and not expecting the club to do it for you because you're an "owner".

1 Willie Gibson

If anyone is looking for seats on a Bus leaving from Corstorphine. Leaving at 10am.I have 5 seats left to fill. PM me if your interested.

thejambomancan
12 minutes ago, 1 Willie Gibson said:

If anyone is looking for seats on a Bus leaving from Corstorphine. Leaving at 10am.I have 5 seats left to fill. PM me if your interested.

Your inbox won’t accept a PM. Looking for 3 seats if available?

Boyces beard

If anyone has a bus leaving from the west of Edinburgh that is booked in to somewhere before the game then could you let me know please. Looking for 10 seats (7 adults and 3 Kids)

Cheers

Seaside Dave

Has anyones bus got 2 free spaces going back to Edinburgh ? Or would I just be easier getting train from Glasgow to Edinburgh ? Ps have never travelled from Glasgow to Edinburgh before so hoping for good advice 

Bindy Badgy
1 minute ago, Seaside Dave said:

Has anyones bus got 2 free spaces going back to Edinburgh ? Or would I just be easier getting train from Glasgow to Edinburgh ? Ps have never travelled from Glasgow to Edinburgh before so hoping for good advice 

If you get the train you'll have a long wait at Mt Florida. If it's a nice day I tend to walk back to the city centre. You'll probably also encounter queues and a packed train heading back to Edinburgh.

Seaside Dave
Just now, Bindy Badgy said:

If you get the train you'll have a long wait at Mt Florida. If it's a nice day I tend to walk back to the city centre. You'll probably also encounter queues and a packed train heading back to Edinburgh.

Cheers mate, I've no issues with waiting as long as it's handy enough and sure at least time we leave the stadium after celebrations the other ones be away out of the way 😎

1 Willie Gibson
2 hours ago, thejambomancan said:

Your inbox won’t accept a PM. Looking for 3 seats if available?

No sure why the PM could be sent. 3 Seats are yours @ £20 per head. Will need to try and get in touch with you regarding the detials.

7 hours ago, 1 Willie Gibson said:

in box full looking for 2 seats plewase

1 Willie Gibson
57 minutes ago, kevinref said:

in box full looking for 2 seats plewase

Hi Kev

Apologies for the delaying getting back to you. Been having issues with my log on. I've no seats left I'm afraid. Good luck in your search.

1WG

1 Willie Gibson
8 hours ago, 1 Willie Gibson said:

Hi all

Bus is now full. Good luck in looking for seats.

14 hours ago, luckydug said:

No offence dug but paying more to be among the less ordinary is worth the money. 

😀

15 hours ago, sprinbox98 said:

Forget it.

Edited by Morgan

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

No offence, but ‘busses’?

It's less common but I've always thought it was an acceptable spelling. Buses looks weird to me, like you'd say fuses.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's less common but I've always thought it was an acceptable spelling. Buses looks weird to me, like you'd say fuses.

Darn!  That was quick.

Quicker than my edit, obviously.  😳

north wales jambo

Anyone from Manchester hearts on here, or does anybody know if there running a bus up. 

Trains as normal are a joke, to get back. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Darn!  That was quick.

Quicker than my edit, obviously.  😳

Apologies, I blame the parents

Burford Jamtart

Anyone know of any minibuses travelling up to Hampden / Edinburgh for the final from South of England  / London?

Flights, parking, trains and petrol all expensive and 20 hours on a coach would be torturous there and back!

I’m doing a day trip this time!

LHR to Edinburgh 

Bus into Haymarket 

Train to Queen St

Train Central to Kings Park

post match 

train kings park to central 

bus Buchanan st to Glasgow airport

Plane to LHR

Decided it was cheaper than paying for hotels.

And whilst into Edinburgh and out of Glasgow is more expensive (single tickets) than in / out Edinburgh logistics and contingencies are easier eg if post match party lasts too long can always get a taxi to Glasgow airport.

Good luck to all on your travel plans!

♥️♥️♥️♥️🏆

Looking for 4 seats from Bathgate / West Lothian area. Bus we were hoping to get on is fully booked, so scrabbling about like everybody else.

• davemclaren changed the title to Cup Final Bus thread ( updated/merged )