• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyCant

• FarmerTweedy

• Rudy T

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Priority signing 

Got to think the club will do everything they can to try and work out a deal. 

1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

Agree. If we splash out now he’ll bang them in then make us a fortune when we sell him. 

There is zero chance of us signing him on a permanent deal. Another year on loan would be fantastic business.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Have to hope Everton see him getting European football as an advantage rather than going to the Championship.

Hopefully Everton dont get relegated. They might see him as an option in the championship 

Italian Lambretta

Everton player clean through on goal in first half and made a balls of it.

Simms would have buried it.

1 minute ago, William H. Bonney said:

Hopefully Everton dont get relegated. They might see him as an option in the championship 

Yea never thought of that, I was thinking more of a Championship team wanting to loan him.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

There is zero chance of us signing him on a permanent deal. Another year on loan would be fantastic business.

We should at least ask the question. My Everton supporting pal was gobsmacked we signed Beni, he was highly rated, you never know. 

I agree that another year on loan is most likely though. 

6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Have to hope Everton see him getting European football as an advantage rather than going to the Championship.

Not keen on another loan, I'd really like us to push the boat out and try get him permanently

Just now, Alan_R said:

Not keen on another loan, I'd really like us to push the boat out and try get him permanently

Thats dream scenario but goodness knows his transfer value ...

Rocky jamboa

This lad might be worth breaking our record signing for. We would get it back no bother and more in a few years. A good investment for one of our benefactors! 

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

Non starter. We couldn’t even come close to affording the wages and we’d be stupid to try.

Boyces beard

Splash the cash Robbie if there is any chance of getting the big man on a permanent deal (another year on loan would also be great). Offer Everton first refusal if any bids are made in the future, he brings so much to this Hearts team. His running in behind and off the ball creates so much space for others around him and with McKay to play that killer pass Simms will be worth his weight in gold if we could pull of a deal. The downside is if he is surplus to requirements at Everton then his form since joining us will no doubt be on the radar of the top level championship clubs in England. Possibly even the two arse cheeks as well.

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Spot on. It’s Everton’s call, not ours. 

Bindy Badgy
10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Unfortunately, you're bang on. We should ask Everton about signing him but, I would be amazed if we got anything more than another loan season.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

This lad might be worth breaking our record signing for. We would get it back no bother and more in a few years. A good investment for one of our benefactors! 

Or we could break our record transfer for him and three games into next season he blows out a knee😎

I think a loan would be more prudent financially in the short term. 
He is definitely a player and should only go from strength to strength as he gains experience. 

Get a loan deal agreed for next season as a priority and spend the next 12 months harassing Everton in every which way to do a permanent deal. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Spot on. It’s Everton’s call, not ours. 

Everton are due us a favour. 

3 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Or we could break our record transfer for him and three games into next season he blows out a knee😎

He is definitely a player and should only go from strength to strength as he gains experience. 

So we should never break our record transfer fee in case the player gets injured? I don't think we have a chance of signing him but your logic is weird 

19 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Agree. If we splash out now he’ll bang them in then make us a fortune when we sell him. 

He's already made me splash out

colinmaroon

Even If we did get him on a loan, it's highly likely Everton would not make a final decision until they know their incoming transfers etc during the window.  So a decision may well have to wait until later in the summer.

If Everton get relegated, he has much more chance of being regularly involved with the first team, if not a starter.

We have key european games at the start of the season, I would love to have him here then.  I would say no better than 25/75 odds IMO.

PhoenixHearts

He'd be more than worth breaking our record transfer fee on this form. Even when he's not scoring he's generally causing problems for defenders and knows how to hold the ball up. Feel like he's really starting to get to grips with our game.

A transfer fee wouldn't even be the issue though. As others have stated already, the stumbling block would be his wages.

I don't know if the club have changed the way we do things now with wage/bonus splits. Surely if he took a wage cut but had several incentives written into his contract it could be worked out?

Edit: 

Ps. if wages are such an issue when signing players from clubs like Everton, how come we snagged Beni? What's the difference there? Simms closer to the senior team thus wages reflect that?

Edited by PhoenixHearts

TyphoonJambo
17 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Doubt there's much chance of us getting him if they go down

Aye cause whoever takes Lampards place is going to stake their return to EPL on a young  CF that's done well in Scotland.  No way. Everton will spend gazillions on a foreign striker to get straight back up.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Everton are due us a favour. 

How’s that TRM? Genuinely interested, not moving to Hamilton 😜

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Everton player clean through on goal in first half and made a balls of it.

Simms would have buried it.

Clean through on goal?  He had no chance of scoring from there unless popadom hands was in goals!

His value is over a quarter of a million on Transfermarkt but that was before start of loan spell. With his impact Everton, if they stay up, would probably be asking for at least three or four times that. But agree its wages that might be the stumbling block.

Edited by steven_mck

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jamboozy said:

How’s that TRM? Genuinely interested, not moving to Hamilton 😜

We sold Alec Young to them.:10900:

3 minutes ago, db211833 said:

So we should never break our record transfer fee in case the player gets injured? I don't think we have a chance of signing him but your logic is weird 

Should have said tongue planted firmly in cheek. I just think the price will be too high. Maybe if we get him on loan and we consolidate our grip on third along with a money spinning run in Europe, it might be time to splash some cash. I am not a fan of spending cash that we don’t have. 

If Everton have no plans to play him, then I'd expect they'd be very happy for him to play regularly at Hearts, gaining experience and exposure. His market value to them is enhanced by his performances at Hearts.

I'd be surprised if they pull him only to loan him somewhere else when it is working well for all parties at the moment.

Wouldnt be too upset if we could work out an extension or even a signing for this lad. Brilliant to watch. 

One thing going in our favour is Scottish league is seen as complete garbage. Might underestimate how much he is improving! 

jamtartan74

Would definitely be trying to get him back if not permanently then on loan, I wonder though how much he would cost 🤷🏻‍♂️ I would be pushing the boat out to get him, would easily spend £500k if that was anywhere near the asking price, a bit more if required.  

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

Would definitely be trying to get him back if not permanently then on loan, I wonder though how much he would cost 🤷🏻‍♂️ I would be pushing the boat out to get him, would easily spend £500k if that was anywhere near the asking price, a bit more if required.  

Thats the question that is nothing in England, they could want millions for him.

4 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Should have said tongue planted firmly in cheek. I just think the price will be too high. Maybe if we get him on loan and we consolidate our grip on third along with a money spinning run in Europe, it might be time to splash some cash. I am not a fan of spending cash that we don’t have. 

👍agreed,  would take over a million,  probably a lot more when you see how much young relatively unproven English players go for. We are not a club who should be spending a million on one player......yet 😆

Rocky jamboa
19 minutes ago, Canscot said:

You'd never leave the house with that risk averse attitude! 😁

I feel it would make sense to try and sign permanently if we could. Better us to develop a player then for us to benefit from a bigger transfer fee in future, as opposed to Everton benefitting.

Boyces beard

In a perfect world Everton sign Hickey and in return for our sell on fee we get Simms on a 3 year deal for fk all. 😁

He's a player. Everton would be mental not to have another proper look. He's their player and they obviously will.

Hearts are an increasingly attractive proposition for big English sides to send their players to develop. Does that fit with our model? I'd say yes on this example. Maybe the trick is finding the next Ellis Simms? Go Savage. 

So hope he stays, but can't see how the practicalities could be negotiable in a permanent contract tbh.