Ellis Simms

pointon

cosanostra
1 hour ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

We could pay a transfer fee and pay it up like sevco did with Kent if they wanted say 3 -4 million

A £3m player is paid the wages of a $3m player. That's probably going to be £15k a week or something else that we can't afford.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyCant

• FarmerTweedy

• Rudy T

• Bazzas right boot

cosanostra

I think we should be supporting the **** out of Everton. If they can somehow get out of this season as a premiership club, they're unlikely to need Ellis next year IMO. 

I'm quite sure he's happy with us and he'd love to play in Europe. 

If Everton stay up, I'd be surprised if he's not with us next year. If they go down, I'll be surprised if he comes back.

Watt-Zeefuik
36 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I think we should be supporting the **** out of Everton. If they can somehow get out of this season as a premiership club, they're unlikely to need Ellis next year IMO. 

I'm quite sure he's happy with us and he'd love to play in Europe. 

If Everton stay up, I'd be surprised if he's not with us next year. If they go down, I'll be surprised if he comes back.

If they stay up him back at Hearts is a pretty good deal for them. He has a chance to get a run out in a European group stage and get regular game time. I'm sure they'll be doing salary dumps next season one way or another but probably won't want him back just yet.

12 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He’s contracted until 2024 with Everton. Who knows his salary but by comparison Woodburn is on 12K a week.

Woodburn used to start for Liverpool and he's their youngest goalscorer in the club history, by comparison. Wages in the EPL are ridiculously inflated, especially at Liverpool.

JimmyCant
6 hours ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

We could pay a transfer fee and pay it up like sevco did with Kent if they wanted say 3 -4 million

He’s not worth 3-4 million

Armageddon
On 25/04/2022 at 13:01, AGoodLaugh said:

Which one of you was it logging into the Everton forum to ask about Ellis halfway through the Merseyside Derby? 😂

Screenshot_20220425-125604.png

Screenshot_20220425-125621.png

This is a peach :)

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Woodburn used to start for Liverpool and he's their youngest goalscorer in the club history, by comparison. Wages in the EPL are ridiculously inflated, especially at Liverpool.

I think he’s only made 6 appearances for Liverpools first team, Simms has made 2 for Everton?

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

A £3m player is paid the wages of a $3m player. That's probably going to be £15k a week or something else that we can't afford.

A player in that situation needs a better agent!  ;)

Good strikers are hard to come by, my fear is Everton get a bid from another English club ie championship side or other  and we cannot compete money wise

Only hope is we have European football and the guy likes it here  and personally I think we should push the boat out to get him ( if Everton are willing to negotiate).

john thomas
7 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

If they stay up him back at Hearts is a pretty good deal for them. He has a chance to get a run out in a European group stage and get regular game time. I'm sure they'll be doing salary dumps next season one way or another but probably won't want him back just yet.

Yes think the logic that they'll want him back if they're relegated is flawed .

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I think he is.  I’m not saying we could pay that but I think he’s worth it easily in todays market. Birmingham bud £3m for nisbet and bought Sam cosgrove for the same 

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Yes think the logic that they'll want him back if they're relegated is flawed .

Yup I agree  and don't forget relegated clubs from the premier get a massive parachute payment. There is every chance a club like Everton could bounce straight back up, not guaranteed but there is every chance they could.

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

This is a peach :)

That Azzuri bloke sounds seriously stressed out. Everton dropping out of the EPL will clearly be the end of the world for a lot of Everton supporters and they don't want us picking over their corpse already. I hope there's help available for them.

Edited by upgotheheads

Realistically I think regardless of what happens they’ll be wanting a look at him pre-season before making a decision. So if we are getting him back on loan it’ll probably be August before it happens. We definitely want them staying up because he’s good enough to get minutes for them in the championship.

Armageddon

Playing every week in an SPL side while playing European football until December, superb facilities, atmospheres that can be as good as any in the UK on big game days..... what's not to love about sending your young talent to HMFC?

Kalamazoo Jambo
44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that is flawed, we won’t be paying the full salary of the loan players and I’d be amazed if Kingsley, Halkett and Barrie McKay signed on for those kind of numbers 

No, I’m sure they’re a fully informed organization with intimate knowledge of our club and the environment in which it operates…

F91399EF-8604-4C83-A23A-7627145DF0A0.jpeg

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Playing every week in an SPL side while playing European football until December, superb facilities, atmospheres that can be as good as any in the UK on big game days..... what's not to love about sending your young talent to HMFC?

I don't think Everton will hesitate going forward. They'll have seen the minutes both Beni and Simms have had when fit and see it's a good place to develop talent. We have fantastic coaches. Add Naismith into there for the Everton connection too.

As you say, the facilities are fantastic, the stadium speaks for itself. I'd imagine other clubs will have taken note as well. 

I think Savage building a network of clubs to give us young talent will benefit us hugely. We don't want to be overly reliant on it as hopefully, over the next few years, we also develop a batch of our own first team ready players too but until then we need to tap into the market and use it.

Rogue Daddy
11 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

No, I’m sure they’re a fully informed organization with intimate knowledge of our club and the environment in which it operates…

F91399EF-8604-4C83-A23A-7627145DF0A0.jpeg

🤣 twats!

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

That site is pure speculation at best.  How do they get the details of EVERY players confidential contracts/  Very doubtful

They don’t :thumbsup:

Kennyfragg13
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Jordan Rhodes waghorn to name a few that went for double that and simms a lot better.

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Over 5 years he is. 

How does buying him on credit make him worth 3-4 million ?

doesn’t matter anyway. We’re not spending that on one player however long it takes to pay off 

JimmyCant
49 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Jordan Rhodes waghorn to name a few that went for double that and simms a lot better.

Simms is better that Rhodes and Waghorn at their peak ??? The boy is 20. His goals are barely out of single figures and we’re the highest level he has played regularly at. 

Honestly mate. He’s a decent player at our level, with potential to be brilliant, maybe even legendary if he spent time with us. And maybe we’ll even make a lot of money off him if it all works out right in 3-4 years, but he is nowhere near Rhodes or Waghorn at their peak. Potentially yes he could be, but we won’t benefit from that as he won’t be here if he ever hits that level

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think he is.  I’m not saying we could pay that but I think he’s worth it easily in todays market. Birmingham bud £3m for nisbet and bought Sam cosgrove for the same 

Okay put it this way then. He might be worth close to that in an disgusting inflated market where clubs spend £millions on players who quite honestly in some cases, wouldn’t get near OUR team. 

As an investment for us though, he’s not worth the risk. He’s been here 5 minutes, done well, scored a few and we want to keep hold of him but we’re not blowing x£million to get him when there are probably more than a dozen like him floating about the Premiership absolutely desperate for a loan chance to a club playing at least 8 games in Europe next season

56 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I read that with a Yoda voice.

Other teams buy players on the never never. Remember ttfka Rangers?

3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Realistically I think regardless of what happens they’ll be wanting a look at him pre-season before making a decision. So if we are getting him back on loan it’ll probably be August before it happens. We definitely want them staying up because he’s good enough to get minutes for them in the championship.

That's understandable, just as we are likely to do with Henderson.

Edited by JamboAl

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Assuming we do get him loaned back to us and the timing you state would we be able to name Simms in our European squad??   Do the European games not start in July and 25 man squads announced prior?

I'd love to keep the big man for next season.

But right now I'll settle for him being fully fit for the cup final.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Assuming we do get him loaned back to us and the timing you state would we be able to name Simms in our European squad??   Do the European games not start in July and 25 man squads announced prior?

No, various, dates for squad tbc. 

2 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

There has to be points where you can amend the squad lists. The transfer windows would dictate that. I don’t know for sure but I’d guess it’ll be after every round before the actual group games then you probably need to name your squad. 

Portable Badger
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No, various, dates for squad tbc. 

👍🏻

1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

We should bid 1.2 million for him

Would show intent for the season to come. 

Portable Badger
20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

There has to be points where you can amend the squad lists. The transfer windows would dictate that. I don’t know for sure but I’d guess it’ll be after every round before the actual group games then you probably need to name your squad. 

I thought we had to name a European squad for the duration up to the next Transfer Window.....  but then I could be talking complete bollo x

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Okay put it this way then. He might be worth close to that in an disgusting inflated market where clubs spend £millions on players who quite honestly in some cases, wouldn’t get near OUR team. 

As an investment for us though, he’s not worth the risk. He’s been here 5 minutes, done well, scored a few and we want to keep hold of him but we’re not blowing x£million to get him when there are probably more than a dozen like him floating about the Premiership absolutely desperate for a loan chance to a club playing at least 8 games in Europe next season

the market is the market.. your opinion on price isn’t really relevant

you sound like my sister In law who’s been waiting 2 years for the price of a house to drop 😆

I agree we in all likelihood won’t buy him

7 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Dear oh dear, we ain't ever paying that for anybody.

3 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

I thought we had to name a European squad for the duration up to the next Transfer Window.....  but then I could be talking complete bollo x

I honestly don’t know for sure, but with these games starting so early there must be some accommodations for transfers?

1971fozzy
16 hours ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Yay. Let’s go back to the dark days and risk our future again.

Its never happening. Thank god

Wee Mikey
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tom Ince on £32k a week. 

:vrface:

Jeez! Almost as much as you. 🙃

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Dear oh dear, we ain't ever paying that for anybody.

Time for a change then 😌 

Wee Mikey
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

£3M for Cosgrove! 😱

19 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Getting him from Everton isn't the big problem its the wages that will be the stumbling block, can't see anyway we could get him on a permanent deal for that reason unfortunately. 

Portable Badger
17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I honestly don’t know for sure, but with these games starting so early there must be some accommodations for transfers?

👍🏻

Im sure someone in the know will educate us on the finer workings of the rules

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Jeez! Almost as much as you. 🙃

😂😂