***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Scottish Cup Semi Final Thread *****

The Bannon Flick

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Factuer Moi

• Morgan

3 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

We were back to being a one half team.  Just stood off them after they scored.  It could have been costly against a better team.

FTH

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

I only hope that hasn't knocked a loan next season on the head.

9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

First challenge takes right down the achilles No respect for fellow professionas. A ****ing animal throwback to the1980s

i didnt spot that at the time by mccann was right raked his studs down BM, also in that assault doyle-hayes went trhough barrie as well yet nothing was said to him

Just now, chrystaf said:

Yet more injuries. Was Halliday actually fit after last week?

I didn't think he was - my gut feel last week was he wouldn't make today's game.   Fortunately we have some time before the final for recovery, hopefully for Halkett too.

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

Yet more injuries. Was Halliday actually fit after last week?

i think it was the foul not given (suprise surprise) on him from clarke (maybe) that aggrevated it and meant he had to go off

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

I only hope that hasn't knocked a loan next season on the head.

I think he likes it here Colin, hopefully we get some kind of deal.

best in the land

A few poor performances sibbick,boyce, and mceneff especially.

Hibs got away with being animals which I expected.

Another final but worried about what squad we'll have for that with so many injuries.

Will be tough against either of the arsecheeks as it is

They just can't beat us at Hampden no matter how they try.

That was nothing but hellish thuggery today, supported by the officials.

What a corrupt game we have, three of the scummy hibby filth should have been sent off.

Disgusting.

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

i didnt spot that at the time by mccann was right raked his studs down BM, also in that assault doyle-hayes went trhough barrie as well yet nothing was said to him

Folk saying Hearts didn't play well but missed some glaring chances. Any player becomes wary if you ate subjected to career threatening assaults. They were at it all game. Filthy *****. For the image of the beautiful game we got the right result. 

RalphieCifaretto

Brilliant win, even though we played shite second half, it's a cup game and the most important thing is winning. Halkett and Halliday going off had a big impact but we did well to ride it out. Craig Gordon also, what a keeper, lucky to have him.

Huge win in that it also guarantees us some European group stage football next season.

Well done Robbie, 2 wins against Hibs in the space of a week.

Edited by RalphieCifaretto

7 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Kicked off the Park, not enough protection from Beaton. Josh Campbell should have seen Red, but at the end of the final we are the Winners, and those THUGS can crawl back to their Leith hovels!!!

They were fighting for their lives as well as the Managers job. We got past that. Well done Heqrts..

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think it was the foul not given (suprise surprise) on him from clarke (maybe) that aggrevated it and meant he had to go off

Correct. Another sliding challenge with no control. Reckless dinosaur football from the flairmeisters

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, TNCASTLE said:

They were fighting for their lives as well as the Managers job. We got past that. Well done Heqrts..

Exactly.

Stuart Lyon

And McFadden referred to Hearts physicality at the start of the game. I'd like to have asked him to repeat that remark after the game!

13 minutes ago, schillaci said:

Great outcome.

Bazza oddly quiet. His one run looked like he carrying a massive hangover he was so slow off the mark.

Sibbick turned it round. Kudos.

Taylor almost sold the game 

Craig saved an equaliser.

Simms MotM. About right 

Boyce, McEnfee where were you.

Big cost in injuries.

McKay got absolutely hammered by Newell and we didn’t see him again. Should have taken him off really but one moment from him is probably worth persevering 

Sibbick had a horror show first half and sold a cheap goal. Better second half but he’s not a centre half at this level

Taylor did okay apart from that bit of stupidity. First train home for him if that goes in.

Craig Gordon. Another truly world class save. If that goes in I think we’re beat.

Simms was excellent given the other 2 were pish. Unstoppable goal.

Boyce, Mcaneff and a few others - murder

Injuries - all inflicted by the opposition who could have finished with 8 men quite easily. Shocking challenge by Campbell which was a red all day long. Probably won’t see Halkett till August now. 

Edited by JimmyCant

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not sure about that. I thought Hibs were the better team for most of that. We won due to 3 truly world class moments. The two goals and that save from Gordon. The rest of the game we were very poor and a wee bit more class and composure from Hibs and we’re probably out

Doesn’t really matter though mate does it?

We have players capable of such moments Hibs don’t.

Shit happens - they should sign better players/a better manager.

8 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Thanks for posting that.  What a cracker.

If I'm right, Hibs supporters can count our current winning run against them on the fingers of one hand.  Pretty sure it's 6.

buzzbomb1958
26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We were shite but a wins a win. 

Yeh we didn’t play that well but that being said we were up against a team who’s tactics were to leave feet in at every opportunity, we are very luck not to have two players with broken limbs today , This was that little hobbits instructions today I have no doubt about it . I’m the end we have destroyed their season and I will take great comfort in that FTH

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, JimmyCant said:

McKay got absolutely hammered by Newell and we didn’t see him again. Should have taken him off really but one moment from him is probably worth persevering 

Sibbick had a horror show first half and sold a cheap goal. Better second half but he’s not a centre half at this level

Taylor did okay apart from that but of stupidity. First train home for him if that goes in.

Craig Gordon. Another truly world class save. If that goes in I think we’re beat.

Simms was excellent given the other 2 were pish. Unstoppable goal.

Boyce, Mcaneff and a few others - murder

Injuries - all inflicted by the opposition who could have finished with 8 men quite easily. Shocking challenge by Campbell which was a red all day long. Probably won’t see Halkett till August now. 

Last week they looked terrified every time McKay brought the ball forward, and clearly made a decision that they were going to kick both him and Boyce off the ball in midfield since they couldn't stop them with "flair."

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

My prediction was wrong don’t think Boyce got a touch in the 2nd half 😂.

Great result. Not sure who I’d prefer in the final. 

Smeltic are the better team so Sevco would be better for us.

12 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

We were back to being a one half team.  Just stood off them after they scored.  It could have been costly against a better team.

Football is about winning especially in Cups.

It doesn't matter. Its a squad and team in development. We're not Man City or Liverpool.

Hibs weren't the better team.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Probably won’t see Halkett till August now. 

I wonder how close Souter is to being match fir for the final. 

A Hibs “acquaintance” has just posted on his fb

”I always thought you had to be a good team to reach a cup final. What I’ve just seen shows me I was wrong”

We lamby lamb 😀😀😀😀

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not sure about that. I thought Hibs were the better team for most of that. We won due to 3 truly world class moments. The two goals and that save from Gordon. The rest of the game we were very poor and a wee bit more class and composure from Hibs and we’re probably out

Agree. Certainly from our second onward Hibs were the better albeit dirtier team. But winning is all that really matters in a semi.

I was just referring to McCann domination of the microphone. Jack Ross could hardly get a word in.

HeartsandonlyHearts
13 minutes ago, briever said:

Semi finals are all about winning, well done lads.

FTH

This. That was stressful but job done no thanks to the dirty bar stewards getting away with murder.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Doesn’t really matter though mate does it?

We have players capable of such moments Hibs don’t.

Shit happens - they should sign better players/a better manager.

Nope. The only thing that matters is 2-1. I thought we were leggy all game. See the difference when Devlin comes on and buzzes all over the place. I thought he was superb that last 10-15.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Imaman said:

I have almost no hope for him being back but it would be a grand finale for his Hearts time if he could make it.

No Idle Talk

I am drained after that. The second half felt about two hours long! Even when Hibs went down to ten men we still couldn't seem to get control of the game. That was disappointing. 

But cup semi finals are all about winning and we managed to do that. I think if Hibs hadn't scored when they did that it would have been a very different game and we may have won quite comfortably. 

Our two goals were peaches. Simms goal was fitting of winning a semi final but Stephen Kingsley's goal was even better. A thing of absolute beauty that was. 

Harry Potter
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hibs were the better team but **** them…gotta score the goals… they just kicked us all afternoon too. Porteous diving holding his face every time Simms said “hiii” FTH

we own them, won every game at hampden, bbc are a joke, sookin up to them, 

Just had a text off a disgruntled hibs fans claiming we may have won, but they had the bigger support🤥

Text back asking how we sold 22k tickets in a crowd of 37,783, meant we were outnumbered????😟

His reply?  We also outsung youse.🙈🙉🙊

buzzbomb1958
24 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Hibs had a hunger. A bit like England rugby team versus France recently. But quality tells

Aye they tackled like the England team as well

2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

I wouldn’t have wanted him anywhere near the cup final team. He doesn’t deserve to play in that game. Cup final places are not for players who don’t want to be here, but we might have to play him.

Just now, One five said:

We are winning this final I just feel it 🥳

Simms will be a handful for anyone if gets service

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Nope. The only thing that matters is 2-1. I thought we were leggy all game. See the difference when Devlin comes on and buzzes all over the place. I thought he was superb that last 10-15.

Yep. At the time I thought he should have been on earlier but now we are through I am glad we didn’t risk too many minutes for him as with all our injuries we defo need him for the final and not break down again.

Some interesting team selections ahead for the league games we have - which are of course meaningless.

1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

I am drained after that. The second half felt about two hours long! Even when Hibs went down to ten men we still couldn't seem to get control of the game. That was disappointing. 

But cup semi finals are all about winning and we managed to do that. I think if Hibs hadn't scored when they did that it would have been a very different game and we may have won quite comfortably. 

Our two goals were peaches. Simms goal was fitting of winning a semi final but Stephen Kingsley's goal was even better. A thing of absolute beauty that was. 

Agree with this assessment. The second half was torture.

It’s a funny game though. Our second goal had taken the stuffing right out of them. If Sibbick’s mistake hadn’t let them back into it, we might have seen another 4-0 or better. Instead we spent the rest of the game hanging on and a better side would have punished us.

He said they matched physicality and that was by only kicking us of the park. Even with 10 men they were still at it. 

Once the dust settles we won that's it.

Shocking display of thuggery but we knew before that would happen.

Not a great performance but the class of the 2 goals was superb.

Euro footy till end of the year and millions in the bank.

Dirty dirty hibs.

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

A Hibs “acquaintance” has just posted on his fb

”I always thought you had to be a good team to reach a cup final. What I’ve just seen shows me I was wrong”

We lamby lamb 😀😀😀😀

Did they not see the two pieces of utter quality goals we scored? Now, if they were capable of that they'd rightly have had a chance to win. But they don't. 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Aye they tackled like the England team as well

Haha spot on. I just hope it hasn't cost us. 

Exile fae Main Street

Literally did kick us off the park, shocking they were allowed to do it.

Hallett big miss.....afraid Toby Sibbick is a total bomb scare, was awful at their goal. Moore is poor also......moving on from our defence, thought Boyce was awful and McEneff anonymous.....but hey we beat those Hobo barstewards again and we're in the final (again)

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for posting that.  What a cracker.

If I'm right, Hibs supporters can count our current winning run against them on the fingers of one hand.  Pretty sure it's 6.

Here's Kingsley's