• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• InternationalJambo

• Unknown user

• 1971fozzy

Maroon tinted glasses 2

With the spotlight now on Ellis I would think there may be a reduced chance of us securing him next season.

Everton will not likely be able to spend that big anymore as they are scraping around trying to find additional funding for their new stadium build after their cashcow Russian investor was sanctioned and although he was just an investor I think he was the faceless wallet behind Moshiri. 

So with this I would imagine there will be more of a focus in bringing through talent and this was the one of the Backpage headlines today in Merseyside - "Frank Lampard handed possible glimpse to the future as emerging Everton talents shine" with the first paragraph all about Simms. 

I would love for him to sign or even stay another season but can't see it and only hope our new improved scouting network will keep the diamonds coming through.

Absolute Scenes

He’s only worth 270k according to transfer markt, so 350k offer surely wouldn’t be off limits. Considering Hibs shelled out nearly 400k for the wee lassie up front, 350k is a steal

35 minutes ago, pointon said:

Best centre forward since Stephane Adam

He’s very good. 

is he pre-injury Bednar good? Jankauskis good? 

I really hope he signs on for longer and pans out to be. 

Anyone in the Sow, Velicka, Bednar, Janny, Fuller bracket would do me. 

I’ve watched both our goals from Saturday a hundred times and if I had to choose (gun to head stuff) which was my favourite I’d side with Simms’s rocket. It was pure Hotshot Hamish stuff (remember him?) Don’t see many like that these days and the side on camera angle is insane! Others may disagree which I couldn’t argue with, frankly we were spoilt. 

InternationalJambo
1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

I’ve watched both our goals from Saturday a hundred times and if I had to choose (gun to head stuff) which was my favourite I’d side with Simms’s rocket. It was pure Hotshot Hamish stuff (remember him?) Don’t see many like that these days and the side on camera angle is insane! Others may disagree which I couldn’t argue with, frankly we were spoilt. 

I'm with you here. You'll struggle to find a sweeter strike this season (other than our second 😂). 

InternationalJambo
4 minutes ago, briever said:

I love this idea that the relegation dross in England are automatically better than us.

"Need to be banging them in up in Scotland aged 21 to have any chance of making it in the Premier League really. And he isn’t.

Maybe we should move on before we’ve got another Luke Garbutt, Matthew Pennington etc. on our hands.

Admittedly I haven’t seen too much of the lad, but we need to start being more ruthless at youth level."

So imperious it's quite unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:
"Need to be banging them in up in Scotland aged 21 to have any chance of making it in the Premier League really. And he isn’t.

Maybe we should move on before we’ve got another Luke Garbutt, Matthew Pennington etc. on our hands.

Admittedly I haven’t seen too much of the lad, but we need to start being more ruthless at youth level."

They all live their lives vicariously through Liverpool and Man City.

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

Yeah. The truth is that there’s a long list of players who came up to Scotland from England expecting to skoosh it, and fell flat on their faces. But the assumption is the same every time.

InternationalJambo
7 minutes ago, briever said:

They all live their lives vicariously through Liverpool and Man City.

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Yeah. The truth is that there’s a long list of players who came up to Scotland from England expecting to skoosh it, and fell flat on their faces. But the assumption is the same every time.

It's crazy, isn't it? Better for us though, if that's the point of view from the majority down there. He has only recently turned 21 & has a **** tonne of developing to do as both a footballer and a man. Christ, he is only at the start of his footballing career just now and they want him doing better than a goal every 3 up here. Utter donkeys. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

14 minutes ago, briever said:

I love this idea that the relegation dross in England are automatically better than us.

They’re not automatically better than us, but they have spent more in transfer fees over the last ten years than AC Milan and Bayern. That means they have one or two decent players. 

id probably take Richarlison and Van der Beek for us for a start. Recon Calvert-Lewin could probably do a job for us. 

20 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

I'm with you here. You'll struggle to find a sweeter strike this season (other than our second 😂). 

it was a rocket. It had Passed macy before he even knew much about it 

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

There is a delusion of English fans, journalists, players and even club staff of the standard of Scottish football. They tell themselves that its a pub league up here apart from the Old Firm and even then the Old Firm are nothing.

There also is the continuing cycle, people down south say Scottish football is a terrible standard, an experienced player goes to play up here (see Whelan or Barton) thinking it will be easy while getting a good pay cheque, they struggle because they were not expecting the standard to be good and not really looking to work hard to adapt, leave and tell the press that they are not reason they failed in Scotland, its Scottish footballs awful standard which was the issue. The view of Scottish football being terrible continues in England.

Thankfully players like Beni, Ellis and Cochrane all have determined to work hard and take the opportunity and talk about how much better the quality is then they expected and they love it.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Jambo in Bathgate
26 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Both our goals on Saturday were things of beauty. Our tactics worked to a tee early on on 4 occasions. Balls through a very square Hibs defence. Had Boyce put on good boots we would have been 4 up at half time. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
5 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

it was a rocket. It had Passed macy before he even knew much about it 

One Hibby saw it coming at least…

009AB198-BB93-4570-8B6A-D6701FFCA0DD.jpeg

Jambo in Bathgate
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There is a delusion of English fans, journalists, players and even club staff of the standard of Scottish football. They tell themselves that its a pub league up here apart from the Old Firm and even then the Old Firm are nothing.

There also is the continuing cycle, people down south say Scottish football is a terrible standard, an experienced player goes to play up here (see Whelan or Barton) thinking it will be easy while getting a good pay cheque, they struggle because they were not expecting the standard to be good and not really looking to work hard to adapt, leave and tell the press that they are not reason they failed in Scotland, its Scottish footballs awful standard which was the issue. The view of Scottish football being terrible continues in England.

Thankfully players like Beni, Ellis and Cochrane all have determined to work hard and take the opportunity and talk about how much better the quality is then they expected and they love it.

That’s the problem Celtic and Rangers have been built on two traditions in Scotland. Nothing is going to change that other than the demise of both. We have done well bringing up a group of loan players from England in the main all have done well. That should bode well as these players will go back to their clubs singing our praise. 

Watt-Zeefuik
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Joey Barton at Rangers stands out in my mind but the endless parade of players coming up from England thinking they're coming to Club Med where they can stroll about the pitch and boss the game, and they find out the players may not be quite as big but the game moves at 90 mph.

Simms has adjusted well. No idea if it means he can do it at Everton but FFS Van Dijk always looked above average but not luminous in Scotland, and he's gone on to boss the EPL.

13 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He’s only worth 270k according to transfer markt, so 350k offer surely wouldn’t be off limits. Considering Hibs shelled out nearly 400k for the wee lassie up front, 350k is a steal

I think his contract is up in the summer.  Don't know about cross border development fees but I'd be surprised if your £350k offer did not do the trick.

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think his contract is up in the summer.  Don't know about cross border development fees but I'd be surprised if your £350k offer did not do the trick.

Sadly not. Contract goes to June 2024 (tweet below is from November 2021).

Arthur Morgan

He seems to get the club already, hopefully we can get him in permanently. Absolutely ragdolled the famous 'Porto' on Saturday. 

Factuer Moi

If Ellis has the chance to move to Us full time, Everton would have to be sad not to let him have a crack at European Football.

A deal could be made, add on the if's into the deal. If not we should petition them to give him another season with Us.

PhoenixHearts

Could we not sign him on an agreement that Everton have first dibs on a buy-back option if he ever starts attracting big offers?

Seems like a way to keep all three parties happy. We get our player, Ellis gets competitive European football and Everton get to keep a lifeline for their guy if and when he comes good.

Real Madrid have something like that agreed with Brahim Diaz and Milan.

4 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Been a LONG time since I've seen a skelp like that. Robbo in '86 at Tannadie and Mark Hateley for Sevco against the sheep I think way back as well. Cracking shot.

Byyy The Light
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Spot on

Carl Fredrickson

I love what big Ellis brings to the team. Still young and has so much potential that I would love to be fulfilled at Tynecastle.

When he signed for us he stated that he was looking forward to playing in Europe for us. At the time I (and others) thought it was a wee slip or misunderstanding. However with Robbie being so open on 5live about wanting to keep him beyond this season, I wonder if we already have a loan or purchase agreement in place.

I would love him to stay on as I think he could become a star for us. Hopefully he is loving it here too and that having Beni here will influence him to stay. 

7 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

One Hibby saw it coming at least…

009AB198-BB93-4570-8B6A-D6701FFCA0DD.jpeg

That must've been whilst Porteous was controlling the game (his words). 😁

Would be the best signing were made since Gordon or Naismith. I know he's not the finished article yet but you can see he's going to a higher level than hearts.

I think a loan for another season is our best chance of getting him again. He has real potential if he works on his touch. He is too strong for the majority of defenders in this league and has real pace to burn. Saturday also showed the power he can possess when running in on goal. No keeper was saving that at the weekend, the force he hit it with was unreal and Macey was still diving when it came back out the net!