• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• InternationalJambo

• Unknown user

• 1971fozzy

On 11/04/2022 at 10:20, JennytheJambo said:

Give you a laugh, my husband (Hibby) thinks Simms is just a big huddy up front like Uche, Nade etc. shows what little they know about decent players. 

Have you asked him what he thinks about him now? 🤣

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Would love to keep him.

Just made that more difficult with his display today.

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

His goal today was the best goal I had seen us score at Hampden for about 5 minutes. 

Brilliant 👏 

Thought he was great today. The Hibs defence didn't know what to do with him in the first half. His goal was fantastic but he faded in the second half, but they all did.

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Thought he was great today. The Hibs defence didn't know what to do with him in the first half. His goal was fantastic but he faded in the second half, but they all did.

He was left isolated in the second half

12 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Just made that more difficult with his display today.

It's Ricardo Fuller all over again. :sad:

33 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

His goal today was the best goal I had seen us score at Hampden for about 5 minutes. 

😆 

2 cracking goals 👌 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's Ricardo Fuller all over again. :sad:

Hadn't noticed the similarity, but yes.

He was outstanding and the difference (bar a Kingsley wonder strike obv) in what was an otherwise poor display from most of the rest. 

He was left up front way to much on his own today.

Boyce and the midfield were miles away from him to get the best out of him.

Fantastic strike for the goal.

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Brilliant 

heartsfc_fan

Hanlon will be having nightmares with Simms being the baddy.

Threw the Hibs defence around today and scored an absolute peach.

Needs to be more composed when running in through to goal though. I'll let him off though this evening 🍺

Edited by heartsfc_fan

Guest ToqueJambo

Love the power he put into his shot for the goal - proper Hotshot Hamish stuff right through the ball, both feet in the air. Basically this:

hot-shot.jpg

Edited by ToqueJambo

LochcarronJambo

Had a cracker of a match, he was everywhere & scored a beauty…. Thank goodness as Boycey (who I like) had a poor game

Class finish from the lad, was a handful all day , although as pointed out already second half was an uphill struggle 

Suspect he might be back for the first 6 months of the season. If you’re Everton it’s a great chance to see him in action in big games and make a decision.

Unless someone like Middlesbrough come in the summer for a fee. Wonder what Everton could reasonably expect for him? Probably about 6 times what we could get for him.

JennytheJambo
8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Have you asked him what he thinks about him now? 🤣

My face and his said it all. My daughter went out celebrating left me alone with 2 Hibby’s, in fairness to my son, he took it in goodwill whereas my husband was moaning about Beaton. I thought I wasn’t going to argue. For some reason they are feeling hard done by as they believe we were getting all the decisions. Beggars believe 😁😁

Angry Haggis

What a performance, really turned up for this match and was sublime. 

His goal was fantastic and maybe shows he does have that deep down strikers instant - turn get your shot away early. 

Immense on the day and very much deserved his MoM. Well done sir 

11 hours ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Suspect he might be back for the first 6 months of the season. If you’re Everton it’s a great chance to see him in action in big games and make a decision.

Unless someone like Middlesbrough come in the summer for a fee. Wonder what Everton could reasonably expect for him? Probably about 6 times what we could get for him.

I think this is the most realistic scenario, he is still young and what would Everton learn by putting him to a team in the championship?

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Watching his celebration, did it not look like he's telling us he's staying?

I noticed that at the game yesterday and just watching the highlights again he certainly makes a positive gesture about staying I reckon. He must be loving it just now and hope that’s what the gesture means and as he’s a great young player who is improving all the time. 

A reason we should have a right to buy clause in loan deals if we can. Don't know if Everton can afford to take the chance and play him depending where they end up but they are more likely to spunk millions on a proven striker than give ES a chance. 

said yesterday .....

Simms ,said on BBC , his Agent and Family were there , could be he would like to stay .Certainly  seemed to enjoy His goal.

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Take £1.5m of the £5m we are about to earn and bust our transfer record. 

I agree, well at least ask the question?

Portable Badger
16 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Sorry if already mentioned but just noticed Sportscene had his surname as Sims. Tits. 🙄

Did you see they had Macey as MacEY as well????

Raw talent we could mould to suit our (and the Scottish) game. Any loanee that runs up to the Hibs support and points at his Hearts badge after scoring a screamer should be signed just on principle.

Rocky jamboa

Didn't know he had that sort of finish in him yesterday. Should defo be looking to sign permanently from Everton. Can't see him breaking into the Everton team just now so £500k and a sell on clause may tempt them. Providing he is prepared to accept reasonable wages, then its a no brainer for me.

He was great.

One wee thing and it's just experience, he needs to spin those channels more when our full backs or CHs have the ball. He had their entire defence on toast bur after their goal kind of stopped making that run. It's his best weapon and he doesn't use it enough.

Run across and behind Porteous again and again and again.  We couldn't get into Barrie or Boyces feet, the midfield was just a war zone, for me we needed Ellis stretching the game a bit more.

Really really not moaning by the way! Love him!

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He was great.

One wee thing and it's just experience, he needs to spin those channels more when our full backs or CHs have the ball. He had their entire defence on toast bur after their goal kind of stopped making that run. It's his best weapon and he doesn't use it enough.

Run across and behind Porteous again and again and again.  We couldn't get into Barrie or Boyces feet, the midfield was just a war zone, for me we needed Ellis stretching the game a bit more.

Really really not moaning by the way! Love him!

His run across Rocky last weekend for the chance he missed was exceptional. Instinctive movement. He’s raw but he’s bloody good already. 

Did it yesterday just before he scored too and was wrongfully flagged offside. Would’ve been an easy pass across to Boyce to roll in net. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

His run across Rocky last weekend for the chance he missed was exceptional. Instinctive movement. He’s raw but he’s bloody good already. 

Did it yesterday just before he scored too and was wrongfully flagged offside. Would’ve been an easy pass across to Boyce to roll in net. 

He just seemed to stop doing it. I think the plan is that run is made for McKay or the cms to find him but I just felt he might have let Kingsley and Sibbick off the hook a bit by giving them that run at times too.

Huge, unnecessary nitpickery when it comes to yesterday as probably motm or certainly thereabouts! But we'll need that run ALOT in the final.