• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• Fxxx the SPFL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Idle Talk
6 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

I agree we have a very good chance of winning but let's not get too ahead of ourselves!

Yes, we had a great game today and fantastic we beat our biggest rivals but do remember that next week is a different game in a neutral environment.

I am very aware of that. But I am 97% certain we are winning next weekend. Hibs are garbage. They just don't have players of the quality of Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, McKay. 

The only way we are losing next week is if the referee intervenes and sends one of our players off or gives Hibs a shite penalty. If those things don't happen, they can't win. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I am very aware of that. But I am 97% certain we are winning next weekend. Hibs are garbage. They just don't have players of the quality of Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, McKay. 

The only way we are losing next week is if the referee intervenes and sends one of our players off or gives Hibs a shite penalty. If those things don't happen, they can't win. 

Never underestimate blind luck and momentum.

Fortunately we got a warning about that at the start of the game yesterday so we hopefully won't be complacent

2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

We’re winning next week. We’re a good side and Hibs are awful. My biggest concern is where to get a pint in Glasgow at 10am. 

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Beaton!

Do you think the GFA want Hearts getting 3 million?  Might challenge their darlings.

colinmaroon
19 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yes nothing in the bag suits some Hearts supporters rather well actually although it is nothing compared to the menstrual gymnastics going on on Hibs.net at the minute 

19 hours ago, Smithee said:

Correct

One of my last favourite sports

But do they have to keep putting the adds on when I'm sitting down to dinner? 

Edited by colinmaroon

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Beaton!

Do you think the GFA want Hearts getting 3 million?  Might challenge their darlings.

Ffs there’s paranoia then there’s paranoia!

Although, you have a point about Beaton.  Still not sure if he’s just incompetent or …..

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ffs there’s paranoia then there’s paranoia!

Although, you have a point about Beaton.  Still not sure if he’s just incompetent or …..

Then there's at least 60 years of personal history!

Percival King
11 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

I agree we have a very good chance of winning but let's not get too ahead of ourselves!

Yes, we had a great game today and fantastic we beat our biggest rivals but do remember that next week is a different game in a neutral environment.

Agreed. We can never take take anything for granted in football - Dens Park taught me that. If JKB had been around then it would have been full of folk assuring everyone else that the double was in the bag. 

Jack Torrance

Maloney's post match interview told me everything I needed to know. He's a broken man and has no idea how his team will be able to compete against us in the semi. Tactically he has no idea how to change it and he knows we're superior in every department. You can almost smell the fear from him that it could be an absolute tanking they take.

This weekend was marker. We know it and so do they.

The Bannon Flick

Just giving this post an extra bump.

Now that the celebrations have died down on Saturday’s result, it’s time to get serious again.

This ain’t no foregone conclusion - we need to be up for this.

Losing this one is unthinkable - despite Saturday. They are shite but we need to show we are worthy of a place in the final.

FTH

On 08/04/2022 at 20:44, John Findlay said:

I have to confess at feeling a bit uneasy, that quite a few supporters think that all we have to do is turn up at Tynecastle tomorrow, and Hampden next Saturday and Hibs are beat. Well as much as I would like that to happen, football doesn't work that way. Despite Hibs not appearing to have as good a season as us, they are not just going to lie down to us. Either tomorrow or next week.

We, Hearts will have to be on our game, both physically, and more importantly mentally too.

We cannot treat Hibs lightly, because if we do, we will get well and truly bit in the arse.

We will have to earn any win against them and that starts at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

Absolutely bang on John, underestimating the opponents at any given time will certainly result in a boot up the arse, how many times as a club have we ventured into big games against same level, so called lower level teams at Hampden or at a neutral venue and came unstuck? 

St.Midden x 3, Airdrie x2, Motherwell, St.Johnstone, ICT for example. 

As much as I dislike our geographical rivals I for one am not going to write of their attempts to reach the final, don't get me wrong I'm not questioning Hearts' abilities and capabilities to do likewise as we're more than capable but I'll take one step back with a pinch of caution,  caution not fear. 

Need to forget the joy of Saturday and focus 100% on what is a massive game for us and the tramps. I can see it being the usual tight Derby with my blood pressure higher than the boiler on the Flying Scotsman. 

Hackney Hearts
On 08/04/2022 at 21:26, The Dragon Reborn said:

Halliday will play

On 08/04/2022 at 21:33, DS98 said:

I know. Didn’t want to give Hibs any > though!

I love this exchange  :lol: 👍

21 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Absolutely bang on John, underestimating the opponents at any given time will certainly result in a boot up the arse, how many times as a club have we ventured into big games against same level, so called lower level teams at Hampden or at a neutral venue and came unstuck? 

St.Midden x 3, Airdrie x2, Motherwell, St.Johnstone, ICT for example. 

As much as I dislike our geographical rivals I for one am not going to write of their attempts to reach the final, don't get me wrong I'm not questioning Hearts' abilities and capabilities to do likewise as we're more than capable but I'll take one step back with a pinch of caution,  caution not fear. 

I’m sure Neilson will bring them back down to earth this week and get on with tuning them back in.

The only thing is though, it’s still about how the players think and assert themselves once on that pitch again.

The manager could do his utmost to make sure the heads are right this week in training but there’s no legislating for players own mindsets sometimes in the crucial moment. 

However, in the same breath I do think we have a strong set of players who will show the correct attitude from the off.  We need to trust them on that, we’ve seen enough this season to start believing they are a much more well drilled team. 

I have to confess at feeling a bit uneasy, that quite a few supporters think that all we have to do is turn up at Tynecastle tomorrow, and Hampden next Saturday and Hibs are beat. Well as much as I would like that to happen, football doesn't work that way. Despite Hibs not appearing to have as good a season as us, they are not just going to lie down to us. Either tomorrow or next week.

We, Hearts will have to be on our game, both physically, and more importantly mentally too.

We cannot treat Hibs lightly, because if we do, we will get well and truly bit in the arse.

We will have to earn any win against them and that starts at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

I still agree with all of that even after Saturday's win but just remember that Saturday was a must win game for them to keep them in the top 6 but a loss wouldn't have had much effect on our league position. Wee Shaun doesn't seem to have any idea how to turn things around and they won't sell many more tickets if any. They're now talking about relegation over on Hibs.net and lots of fans are saying that even though they've got a ticket for the semi they're not going to bother going. If all that filters through to the players they're done for before they start.

They gave us a bit of a fright in the first 15 mins on Saturday before we got going so we can't afford to do that again and give them any sort of a foothold. So no complacency please Hearts.  Get at them from the whistle and they won't have any answer. Yet again I'm hoping we give them a real doing but I'll be happy to get to the final by any score! 

Same as before last Saturday the fans confidence will have zero effect on the result as long as the manager coaches and players take the game seriously and get the job done

John Findlay
47 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I still agree with all of that even after Saturday's win but just remember that Saturday was a must win game for them to keep them in the top 6 but a loss wouldn't have had much effect on our league position. Wee Shaun doesn't seem to have any idea how to turn things around and they won't sell many more tickets if any. They're now talking about relegation over on Hibs.net and lots of fans are saying that even though they've got a ticket for the semi they're not going to bother going. If all that filters through to the players they're done for before they start.

They gave us a bit of a fright in the first 15 mins on Saturday before we got going so we can't afford to do that again and give them any sort of a foothold. So no complacency please Hearts.  Get at them from the whistle and they won't have any answer. Yet again I'm hoping we give them a real doing but I'll be happy to get to the final by any score! 

Spot on.

The teamtalk is quite simple.

It's only half-time, you may be 3-1 up, but this half you have to work harder from the off and make sure you win this half too. Do that and you will be coming back in May for the cup final.

Now go out there and do the same again.

Robbie said the semi final was his main focus. 

I think he set up the team with a thought to playing differently at Hampden. 

bringonthesevco
On 10/04/2022 at 07:56, colinmaroon said:

Beaton!

You know we're getting that regardless of what happens at the weekend.

Unless you genuinely think that the Hobos will beat us and then beat Celtic in the final ...

Amoruso_lets_it_run
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Spot on.

The teamtalk is quite simple.

It's only half-time, you may be 3-1 up, but this half you have to work harder from the off and make sure you win this half too. Do that and you will be coming back in May for the cup final.

Now go out there and do the same again.

We have to forget all about last week and be hungry to beat them again! We can't think that we are 3-1 up in a new game that starts nil nil. We need to go again!

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Robbie needs to spend the week showing them the 5-1 (1-5) match on repeat……

Ex member of the SaS

Never confidant in cup games and would have taken a loss ( in the league ) if it assured a win in the semi. Need to get wired in from KO and put in some tackles. Stop them advancing up the park and worry their defense from the start. Would live to see another 5-1 and watch them slowly drop into the play off spot as it would break them totally.

44 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Unless you genuinely think that the Hobos will beat us and then beat Celtic in the final ...

Hibs are 10/1 to win the cup. 

A one in ten chance of spoiling our Eufa Cup play off aspirations. 

That's the only way we can lose our play off place. 

Got to start better this week. If we get an early goal they could implode and collapse. Ability wise we are streets ahead of them but we need the correct attitude and desire to turn up and win the game. They are still dangerous and will want to get one over on us after Saturday so we need to be wary. However if we play well we win, no doubt about it. 

colinmaroon
53 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Our ten men should still do it, it's their penalties I'm concerned about.

Completely get the concerns about complacency but there is a cup final place at stake. I’m sure the players will give 100% to achieve that.  This is a great opportunity to win something and bizarrely for a team finishing third, if we lost our season would be over.  Plenty motivation to win before you consider it’s against them…

3 minutes ago, The Broo said:

Completely get the concerns about complacency but there is a cup final place at stake. I’m sure the players will give 100% to achieve that.  This is a great opportunity to win something and bizarrely for a team finishing third, if we lost our season would be over.  Plenty motivation to win before you consider it’s against them…

Cup final place and better European draw are big incentives. 

Unbeaten record at Hampden too. 

2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I love this exchange  :lol: 👍

So did everyone around me at Tynie on Saturday. Spent the first half moaning about Halliday then he did that. Shut me right up!

Hectormasson
On 10/04/2022 at 03:57, No Idle Talk said:

👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🙌totally....

Is there another shitebag club for this weekend? Count me in the nerves have started and it’s only Monday.

Edited by Rudy T

We lost cup games to Alloa and Brora last season.  While Hibs aren't quite that level, they could still catch us out if we don't approach it correctly.

If the unthinkable happens it will be a huge anti climax to the season. With 3rd being secured we would 5 pretty meaningless games.  Hopefully it won't happen.  They Will have 5 high pressure games trying to avoid the play offs 

Rick Sanchez

We have quite a few players who will told to and embrace playing at Hampden and go and do themselves justice.

Atkinson, Halkett, Kingsley, Devlin and McKay all have the potential for an international call up. Gordon, Boyce, Haring and Halliday know the script. Cochrane and Simms will be fired up to impress on the big stage.

I don't think Hibs can match it...I just don't see it. I actually think that first 15-20mins of complacency was a positive for next week. It'll not be tolerated by the core group.

jamboinglasgow
40 minutes ago, His name is said:

Bump. Getting nervous

Yeah, I am the same. Loved Saturday but the paranoid football fan in me worries about all the celebration on Saturday coming back to bite us in the backside. Its not that I think Hibs are close to us, they are not, but there is always a fear that football likes pulling the chair from under you.

This Saturday is the big moment of the season, we have achieved 3rd place this season which is a massive achievement considering were we were. But there is so much to gain from this match, a cup final and shot at the Scottish cup 10 years after 5-1 and the guaranteed group stage European football with the game-changing money that could put us potentially on a different level next season. It also means that 5 league games left has some meaning as we would want to keep the level up so we dont drop off in the final. A loss is devastating, and the season is over with 5 league games to go. Of course it doesn't automatically mean we dont get group stage football as Hibs would have to beat one of the old firm in the final but it does open the chance that Hibs get it and financial boost.

My worry is how in every derby this season we have started poorly, Hibs have come out firing and we have then got into the game and taken control. We need to hit the ground running on Saturday, if we do I think Hibs will be lacking in answers.

I would genuinely be more worried if we were playing a club like Motherwell or Dundee Utd.  Pdychologically the players might lack that necessary intensity.  No chance of that against Hibs.

Everyone will be raring to go from the minute they enter the stadium and Hibs will be seeing their end half empty.

I think there is only the smallest chance of us slipping up.

Correct, overly confident and getting too cocky, some fans need to pipe down a tad, that lot will be licking their wounds and for what they have in their tank I'll bet your last pound they'll be adding extra fuel to that tank to try and see us off. 

With that said our squad is full of very capable personnel and there is no harm in being quietly confident but its not for me to be shouting from the rooftops, it's a big drop if you fall. 

Anyone hear anything about Hibs players squaring up to each other in the changing room after the game on Saturday and then at training at East Mains on Monday?

My line manager is a big Hibs fan and mentioned it on the phone to me today. He's not the sort to make stuff up.......hopefully more tears and snotters from that mob after this weekend as well.

1 minute ago, Wish said:

Anyone hear anything about Hibs players squaring up to each other in the changing room after the game on Saturday and then at training at East Mains on Monday?

My line manager is a big Hibs fan and mentioned it on the phone to me today. He's not the sort to make stuff up.......hopefully more tears and snotters from that mob after this weekend as well.

Good stuff hopefully because Mueller was walking around in gold plated trainers and big medallions 

22 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Correct, overly confident and getting too cocky, some fans need to pipe down a tad, that lot will be licking their wounds and for what they have in their tank I'll bet your last pound they'll be adding extra fuel to that tank to try and see us off. 

With that said our squad is full of very capable personnel and there is no harm in being quietly confident but its not for me to be shouting from the rooftops, it's a big drop if you fall. 

Fan over confidence will not negatively impact the teams performance

11 minutes ago, Wish said:

Hope not. hope they actually thought they played okay and went home. Dressing room/training ground fights can clear the air and get folk together in a way they clearly aren’t just now

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fan over confidence will not negatively impact the teams performance

Correct, I'm sure the squad will be treating their opponents with the utmost respect and will not be taking a win on Saturday for granted. Let's get the job done first. 

Personally I've witnessed far too many disappointments being far too confident therefore part of my pre match rituals is not to get overly confident and cocky whilst allowing the opposition to hear me. 

2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Correct, I'm sure the squad will be treating their opponents with the utmost respect and will not be taking a win on Saturday for granted. Let's get the job done first. 

Personally I've witnessed far too many disappointments being far too confident therefore part of my pre match rituals is not to get overly confident and cocky whilst allowing the opposition to hear me. 

I agree about the team and hope that as well

As for the fans it is up to them how they prepare themselves for potential disappointment though some can take it and others can not

Needs a professional build up and performance on the day from the JTs.

No slacking no thinking the result is guaranteed and Gary Locke in the dressing room reminding them what it all means and reminding them Hibs voted to relegate them.

Friday night all the players together, relaxing and watching the 1-5 final.

Twirlys all game from the Hearts fans, every Jambo take a scarf and raise the roof.

Become legends.