• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• jamtartan74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
Just now, JamboGraham said:

Can't see anything wrong with Hearts supporters being supremely confident before a derby to be honest. History gives us every right to be.

Β 

How confident we all feel though isn't going to make the slightest difference to the result tomorrow.

Β 

I am happy to let the players do their job and us lot do the supporting.

Β 

Β 

This, it makes no material difference so why not embrace and enjoy it. We own this fixture, we own that shitty little club

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Shut up, John, the game is already won πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»

I hope that doesn’t come back to bite you, JT.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

1-1 the morn.

Β 

3-1 in the Cup.

Β 

:fth:Β 

Β 

Β 

5-1 the morn

10-2 in the cup.Β 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Β 

Β 

5-1 the morn

10-2 in the cup.Β 

:sadrobbo: Β No 6-3 then?

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Of course it won’t Morgan πŸ˜πŸ‡±πŸ‡»β€οΈπŸ‡±πŸ‡»

Unknown user
Just now, Morgan said:

At the end of the day what's he going to get? "You can't tell the future after all!"

**** it, they fear us, and we owe them a right good pumping. Mon the Hearts!Β 

:yas:

Of course it won’t Morgan πŸ˜πŸ‡±πŸ‡»β€οΈπŸ‡±πŸ‡»

:greggy: Β Love it! Β :fth:Β 

jamtartan74
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

At the end of the day what's he going to get? "You can't tell the future after all!"

That’s the spirit Smithee lad πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»

Β 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:greggy: Β Love it! Β :fth:Β 

:leveinnaturalorder:

The Dragon Reborn
23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’re a bit smelly.

As a dear friend used to say: perhaps your nose is too close to your arse. πŸ‘πŸ»

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:sadrobbo: Β No 6-3 then?

Don't be daft.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

We're Winning the final 6-3.

39 minutes ago, Homme said:

Doesn't really matter what we as fans feel going into the game. It won't affect the result.

Β 

Prefer the bravado personally!

Yes exactly this

39 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Can't see anything wrong with Hearts supporters being supremely confident before a derby to be honest. History gives us every right to be.

Β 

How confident we all feel though isn't going to make the slightest difference to the result tomorrow.

Β 

I am happy to let the players do their job and us lot do the supporting.

Β 

Β 

Β 

That's where I'm at too. There's always a nagging doubt that a dodgy red card or whatever might benefit them, but generally I go into derbies expecting to win.Β 

Β 

But that's because I know that most Hearts teams understand the history and the dominance and work hard to keep it going. Nothing is a given but if we give it our all, the result will be in our favour in the majority of occasions. I see absolutely no reason why we won't have another 2 W's on our record in the next 8 days....Β 

33 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

As a dear friend used to say: perhaps your nose is too close to your arse. πŸ‘πŸ»

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I have to confess at feeling a bit uneasy, that quite a few supporters think that all we have to do is turn up at Tynecastle tomorrow, and Hampden next Saturday and Hibs are beat. Well as much as I would like that to happen, football doesn't work that way. Despite Hibs not appearing to have as good a season as us, they are not just going to lie down to us. Either tomorrow or next week.

We, Hearts will have to be on our game, both physically, and more importantly mentally too.

We cannot treat Hibs lightly, because if we do, we will get well and truly bit in the arse.

We will have to earn any win against them and that starts at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

For me the dynamic changed a bit when we lost Beni and Souttar. We will need to be right up for it to come out on top in both games.

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I have to confess at feeling a bit uneasy, that quite a few supporters think that all we have to do is turn up at Tynecastle tomorrow, and Hampden next Saturday and Hibs are beat. Well as much as I would like that to happen, football doesn't work that way. Despite Hibs not appearing to have as good a season as us, they are not just going to lie down to us. Either tomorrow or next week.

We, Hearts will have to be on our game, both physically, and more importantly mentally too.

We cannot treat Hibs lightly, because if we do, we will get well and truly bit in the arse.

We will have to earn any win against them and that starts at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

I have only read the OP and have to agree (something I don't always do with @John Findlay)

Β 

When I was younger I could never understand why my late father would get so wound up before a derby, why was he so worried/worked up?Β  Only now later in life, do i realise why. Every match, every minute of every match, matter. We are Hearts, we are Edinburgh, we should never be complacent, never kowtow, never be 2nd best. We are Hearts and lets ram it down their throats.

Β 

Β 

Takes me back to the 2012 final. While I was confident that we would do them. There were always that little bit of fear in the back of my head that screamed β€œwhat if”.

Β 

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Takes me back to the 2012 final. While I was confident that we would do them. There were always that little bit of fear in the back of my head that screamed β€œwhat if”.

Β 

The build up to that final was unbearable, the closer it got the more nervous I was, it was the fear of losing that I could t handle. That was quickly put to bed though and what a day,week,month, year,years it’s been since though πŸ˜‚

The build up to that final was unbearable, the closer it got the more nervous I was, it was the fear of losing that I could t handle. That was quickly put to bed though and what a day,week,month, year,years it’s been since though πŸ˜‚

I was like a kid on Xmas the night before.

On the day of the final, I was pacing the house. Mrs tjambo eventually screamed at me β€œWill you just **** off to the pub, you’re doing my head in”.

jamtartan74
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I was like a kid on Xmas the night before.

On the day of the final, I was pacing the house. Mrs tjambo eventually screamed at me β€œWill you just **** off to the pub, you’re doing my head in”.

Oh don’t get me wrong I was totally buzzing for it, I just had this fear of losing that I couldn’t cope with ☹️ Never before have I had that feeling and hopefully never again πŸ˜‚

Been fairly laid back all week, out for a few beers tonight now buzzing for it, bring on the hibees. HHGH πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»

18 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Oh don’t get me wrong I was totally buzzing for it, I just had this fear of losing that I couldn’t cope with ☹️ Never before have I had that feeling and hopefully never again πŸ˜‚

I was the same. And I believe, every single Jambo, had the same fear.

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Amen John. The fact remains though, we are better in every single department. From front to back, our personnel is simply better. And results and performances back that up.Β 
Β 

The next two results are down to what WE do, not what they do. What they do won’t matter a **** if we turn up.Β 
Β 

Today, tomorrow and next week…FTH

We are better in every department but a lot of our key players are missing. Β Got draw written all over it tomorrow (today now) but we’ll pump them at Hampden.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Pumping won’t be tomorrow, it will be next week.

Wee bit concerned about our midfield and our approach tomorrow in what is a essentially a dead rubber for us.
Β 

The big thing here is come away from

it with no injuries and the psychological upper hand.Β 

Β 

The semi is miles more important for us, although it would be nice to have them leave Tynecastle knowing they can’t win at Hampden.

Β 

Not overly concerned but if we have a bit of arrogance about us, so much the better.

Β 

I see us going 180 minutes without conceding in the next week

Edited by JimmyCant

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

For me the dynamic changed a bit when we lost Beni

Β 

This is what's worrying me. I really hope we can at least get Devlin back for next week, I don't think we miss Souttar at all tbh. I hope we go for Haring and Sibbick tomorrow, really don't want to see Halliday in the middle 😭

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Keep disciplineΒ 

Want it

We’re better than them

Get after them early and let them know we’re at home

A draw tomorrow and a win next week will do me. Should be enough to keep Hibs in the bottom six and reduce their earnings for next season. Hence a clear out in the window. Porteous/Doig...

For the sake of momentum going into the semi and all that shite I hope we win today but if you offered me a loss today but we pump them in the semi I'd absolutely take it.

Β 

For us 3rd is all but done and on that basis so is the league for this year. For hibs this is must win for them to get into the top 6.

Β 

As long as we hammer them in the cup. I honestly don't care too much about todays result. It only matters because it's hibs, you always want to win against them.

Β 

Β 

FTH

Derbys are always interesting encounters, often it's the team who aren't doing so well that raise their game against the team who is, however I honestly feel that as long as we show up and the players take the game to h1b5, we should be alright, put it this way if both teams are at their best, then we come out on top 99 times out of 100, we have better players and are having a strong season so should rightly feel confident about going into this double header, not overconfident though, so while we should be wary of h1b5 raising their game, if our boys turn up and put everything in, I can honestly only see one outcome.

Mon the hearts!Β :flag1:

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Wee bit concerned about our midfield and our approach tomorrow in what is a essentially a dead rubber for us.
Β 

The big thing here is come away from

it with no injuries and the psychological upper hand.Β 

Β 

The semi is miles more important for us, although it would be nice to have them leave Tynecastle knowing they can’t win at Hampden.

Β 

Not overly concerned but if we have a bit of arrogance about us, so much the better.

Β 

I see us going 180 minutes without conceding in the next week

We must be in the mindset to win today, simple as to me. A team who’s mindset is inconsistent and not bred in to be 100% every game would concern.
Β 

I don’t think we are like that but today is not the day to take a day off.

Β 

Maybe some wouldn’t agree but I feel every game counts towards the team improving long term in every aspect. Every game contributes to reinforcing a winning mentality.Β 
Β 

Let’s make this a double header to remember in years to come by emptying them twice in a week. Β 

Edited by Debut 4

Jeremy Goss

Would be more confident with a full strength team.

Β 

Time for Neilson to rectify his shite derby record.

11 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Would be more confident with a full strength team.

Β 

Time for Neilson to rectify his shite derby record.

Did the 2020 semi final not go some way to doing that already

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, BigAlim said:

NahΒ 

Β 

we’ll smash them twice in a week

Β 

:jj:

This.

Β 

The Bannon Flick

The biggest week in Neilson’s Hearts managerial career?

Β 

Win both and it would go a long way to finally shutting up a lot of the detractors.

Β 

Lose both - or at least the semi - and they will be back out in force regardless of bagging 3rd place and all the other good stuff going on at the club.

Β 

Good luck Robbie - you and the lads have got this.Β 

Rogue Daddy

Hobos at work have been VERY quiet the last couple of weeks.

I'm super-confident and we easily have the better team.

Β 

Β 

....why am I getting the fear?😬

Jeremy Goss
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did the 2020 semi final not go some way to doing that already

It did to be honest but it is still not the best. Some fans have never forgive the Scottish cup derby defeat in 2016.Β 

It's all about Neilson . . . . . . .

Β 

Unless we win !!

Β 

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

It did to be honest but it is still not the best. Some fans have never forgive the Scottish cup derby defeat in 2016.Β 

Yes I know of which fans you speak however it was not a semi final so for me that was erased by the 2020 semi injuries cost is dear in 2016 and they had plenty games after that before lifting the trophy Neilson should have known better than to make the money spinner comment though showed a lack of media savvyΒ 

22 minutes ago, Jimbojack said:

If we convert the chances we have been making we win. SimpleΒ 

AgreedΒ  Β but let's celebrate at full time not before kick off. Relegation party springs to mindΒ 

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Thankfully the supporters are not going to be kicking the ball on the park so over confidence from some supporters will not really matter at all

Β 

Correct, and with that in mind I predict a positive goal difference over the 2 games of plus ten for Heart of Midlothian.

2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

AgreedΒ  Β but let's celebrate at full time not before kick off. Relegation party springs to mindΒ 

Nobody is celebrating some are just more confident than others it is on the individual as to how they deal with potential disappointment after hubris

8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I was the same. And I believe, every single Jambo, had the same fear.

It's funny.Β  I'm naturally pessimisticΒ  and was dreading the finalΒ 

By the time we got to Hampden I was convinced we would win.

(Alcohol may have played a part.)

1 hour ago, The Bannon Flick said:

The biggest week in Neilson’s Hearts managerial career?

Β 

Win both and it would go a long way to finally shutting up a lot of the detractors.

Β 

Lose both - or at least the semi - and they will be back out in force regardless of bagging 3rd place and all the other good stuff going on at the club.

Β 

Good luck Robbie - you and the lads have got this.Β 

Especially if Hibs went on to win the cup and take the prime European place.

After the seasons we've had it doesn't bear thinking about.Β