Nothing is in the bag.

John Findlay

John Findlay

I have to confess at feeling a bit uneasy, that quite a few supporters think that all we have to do is turn up at Tynecastle tomorrow, and Hampden next Saturday and Hibs are beat. Well as much as I would like that to happen, football doesn't work that way. Despite Hibs not appearing to have as good a season as us, they are not just going to lie down to us. Either tomorrow or next week.

We, Hearts will have to be on our game, both physically, and more importantly mentally too.

We cannot treat Hibs lightly, because if we do, we will get well and truly bit in the arse.

We will have to earn any win against them and that starts at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I have to confess at feeling a bit uneasy, that quite a few supporters think that all we have to do is turn up at Tynecastle tomorrow, and Hampden next Saturday and Hibs are beat. Well as much as I would like that to happen, football doesn't work that way. Despite Hibs not appearing to have as good a season as us, they are not just going to lie down to us. Either tomorrow or next week.

We, Hearts will have to be on our game, both physically, and more importantly mentally too.

We cannot treat Hibs lightly, because if we do, we will get well and truly bit in the arse.

We will have to earn any win against them and that starts at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

Well said. It's a derby after all and the formbook doesn't always work. Some seem to be a wee bit over confident. 

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Just posted similar on another thread.  We’ll get what we want if everything is right, unless we have a barrowload of bad luck.  Any slip in attitude, concentration or complacency sneaking in, it’s 10x a tougher job. 

Amen John. The fact remains though, we are better in every single department. From front to back, our personnel is simply better. And results and performances back that up. 

The next two results are down to what WE do, not what they do. What they do won’t matter a **** if we turn up. 

Today, tomorrow and next week…FTH

Some folk think we will win against most clubs 4-0 etc etc every week. It’s what some think when in reality it rarely happens. 
I certainly don’t fear that mob but we’ve not beat them this season.

time to change that - twice 

FTH

Edited by 1971fozzy

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Some folk think we will win against most clubs 4-0 etc etc every week. It’s what some think when in reality it rarely happens. 
I certainly don’t fear that mob but we’ve not beat them this season.

We will tomorrow and the week after 

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Amen John. The fact remains though, we are better in every single department. From front to back, our personnel is simply better. And results and performances back that up. 

The next two results are down to what WE do, not what they do. What they do won’t matter a **** if we turn up. 

Today, tomorrow and next week…FTH

Results in the previous derbies don't. 

Here's hoping though. 

If we turn up tomorrow and play to even 75% of our capabilities then we will win with a bit to spare. 

Hibs have nothing. They lost their only cheating diving hope in January. Also they cannot and will not have the luck they had in the last derby. 

Nothing is in the bag but the bag is open and the players are dragging it all into the bag.

We are in a very good place and this group of players are hungry, I trust them and Robbie to bring these 2 games home 

Hibs are the only team on the planet that, in our position right now, could lose third. 

Maybe not a popular opinion but a draw tomorrow and I wouldn't be too upset.

We HAVE to win next week though !

Thankfully the supporters are not going to be kicking the ball on the park so over confidence from some supporters will not really matter at all

The Dragon Reborn
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thankfully the supporters are not going to be kicking the ball on the park so over confidence from some supporters will not really matter at all

Disagree. This thread just might be the difference between victory and defeat tomorrow. 

Based on probable line ups tomorrow

Gordon > Macey and Dabrowski put together 

Kingsley > Hanlon

Halkett > Bushiri

Atkinson = Cadden

Cochrane = Doig

Haring > Newall

Sibbick > JDH

GMS > Mueller 

Mckay > Jasper 

Boyce > Clarke

Simms > Melkerson 

3 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Disagree. This thread just might be the difference between victory and defeat tomorrow. 

: - D

I will wear by lucky pants just to be safe

Absolutely we cant just turn up.

There's tops to put on and boots to lace up.....wee drink of water at half time.....loads of stuff needed.

The amount of quality defensive players we were missing last week is a concern. Souttar, Smith and Atkinson all Internationals, whilst Beni and Devlin have been stand outs this season.  

Robbies cup record and derby record need improved. 

Despite playing well we rarely hammer teams.

We should be too good for them, but no chickens are being counted.

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Absolutely we cant just turn up.

There's tops to put on and boots to lace up.....wee drink of water at half time.....loads of stuff needed.

I was planning on just turning up and having a few pints but I might need to re think this now as I did not realise I had as much responsibility for the performance or result 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious 

Who would ever fear Hibs 

Weak people 

Correct pant wetters gtf in the nicest possible way 

The Dragon Reborn
10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Based on probable line ups tomorrow

Gordon > Macey and Dabrowski put together 

Kingsley > Hanlon

Halkett > Bushiri

Atkinson = Cadden

Cochrane = Doig

Haring > Newall

Sibbick > JDH

GMS > Mueller 

Mckay > Jasper 

Boyce > Clarke

Simms > Melkerson 

Halliday will play

Wouldn't say its fear, just reservation. Derbies are games where anything can happen. We've won games where we probably shouldn't have, and lost games where we probably shouldn't have. 

Still confident, but always have that reservation going into them. 

It’s a strange derby tomorrow, Hibs really have to win, we really don’t (in terms of the league) So will they open up or will Maloney want to keep it tight like the last one and hope they sneak a winner. Normally they’d be delighted with a draw.

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Wouldn't say its fear, just reservation. Derbies are games where anything can happen. We've won games where we probably shouldn't have, and lost games where we probably shouldn't have. 

Still confident, but always have that reservation going into them. 

well said. Our results against them were one lousy penalty decision away from a defeat. Anything can happen in such a febrile atmosphere. Still fancy us but…

20 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

😂 good patter imo

Rick Sanchez

I agree, but that's for Robbie and his management team to drum into the players. I like a bit of arrogance as a fan base tbh. If you read .net you'll read about more fans at Hearts and the worst derby record in world football, among other stuff.

They get all that in their head from us lot.. and it sticks. You can smell the fear from 95% of them.

Yip I'm expecting 2 draws hope I'm wrong but under Neilson we've hardly set the heather on fire v them

Edited by rory78

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Agree John. I’ve kept my powder dry this week and will continue that next week. 

But……

:fth:

46 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

You’re a bit smelly.

Not you're biggest fan, but this post is spot on. 

It doesn't matter what some supporters might think.  It's what the coaches and players think that matter.

Neilson has made it abundantly clear what he thinks and I'm certain the players will be 100% on board.

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

The John Findlay team talks are back.

Long overdue!👍

🙂

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

It doesn't matter what some supporters might think.  It's what the coaches and players think that matter.

Neilson has made it abundantly clear what he thinks and I'm certain the players will be 100% on board.

Exactly and I am a bit surprised so many people can not see that

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not you're biggest fan, but this post is spot on. 

I’m sure the feeling is mutual.

*Your*

Doesn't really matter what we as fans feel going into the game. It won't affect the result.

Prefer the bravado personally!

Luckily for us what the supporters think makes zero difference to the outcome. I’m 100% certain Robbie and the players won’t be thinking these are going to be easy games they just need to turn up at to win. 

Bazzas right boot

Wouldn't worry about it too much, the players play the game, not the fans. 

AlphonseCapone

The players need and will have this attitude. 

The fans should be as confident and cocky as we like in advance. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

JamboGraham

Can't see anything wrong with Hearts supporters being supremely confident before a derby to be honest. History gives us every right to be.

How confident we all feel though isn't going to make the slightest difference to the result tomorrow.

I am happy to let the players do their job and us lot do the supporting.