Nothing is in the bag.

John Findlay

Birregrande
On 11/04/2022 at 14:40, Rick Sanchez said:

We have quite a few players who will told to and embrace playing at Hampden and go and do themselves justice.

Atkinson, Halkett, Kingsley, Devlin and McKay all have the potential for an international call up. Gordon, Boyce, Haring and Halliday know the script. Cochrane and Simms will be fired up to impress on the big stage.

I don't think Hibs can match it...I just don't see it. I actually think that first 15-20mins of complacency was a positive for next week. It'll not be tolerated by the core group.

When you put it like that ...  You should do a mindfulness class! 😄 The stress just drifted away!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hibs won the cup in 2016 because an unfancied Championship Rangers side clung on for dear life against Celtic to win the tie on penalties. 

Celtic win the tie and Hibs don't win the cup, not with the three Celtic loanees unable to play. 

Rangers must have been just as unfancied for that semi as Hibs are for this one. 

Dirty Deeds
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hibs won the cup in 2016 because an unfancied Championship Rangers side clung on for dear life against Celtic to win the tie on penalties. 

Celtic win the tie and Hibs don't win the cup, not with the three Celtic loanees unable to play. 

Rangers must have been just as unfancied for that semi as Hibs are for this one. 

Rangers played out of their skin in that semi-final.  Hibs are hurting and will give it everything, we need to play well to win this weekend.

But win we shall.

kingantti1874

Agree with the OP, I’m glad we were outfought for the first 20 mins on Saturday as complacency is the biggest risk we face.. win the battle then our superior quality will win the day.

also - if we are winning comfortable can we not do the “ole’s” absolutely hate that patter .. 100% it takes the sting out of games as well.. 

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Irufushi said:

We’ll win. Not even nervous. 

I'm a wee bit nervous but enjoying the lead up and embracing the confidence. It feels great!

As I said before, we'll all be gutted with a loss no matter what happens now, so let's enjoy a confident build up. We have a good team, a good manager and a great opponent. FTH.

Stranger things have happened than Hibs winning on Saturday. Not confident at all, can see it being a really cagey affair with first goal being the winner. 

Remember we have had two 0-0 this season, which will suit them on Saturday but it was no use to them last Saturday.

Holyrood_Hearts

I think as fans we can afford to be over confident, but as long as our attitude is good for Saturday I just can’t see us losing. 

Starting well is going to be so important 

Naisys Tackle

In the last Semi, I felt they were the better team but we still had a good foundation and players that can hurt them.

In the final they had the likes of Grithis and Jos.  Even if we were well better and it showed. 

02/04/06 was never in doubt.

Neither is Saturday.  They have nothing.   

Unless we get someone sent off early we are pumping them.  Even with 10 men we could beat them.

Hibs are dugmeat. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

In the last Semi, I felt they were the better team but we still had a good foundation and players that can hurt them.

In the final they had the likes of Grithis and Jos.  Even if we were well better and it showed. 

02/04/06 was never in doubt.

Neither is Saturday.  They have nothing.   

Unless we get someone sent off early we are pumping them.  Even with 10 men we could beat them.

Hibs are dugmeat. 

:greatpost:

John Findlay
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If we get beat, I'm blaming the OP and then sticking ma face in a blender.

One way of improving your looks.

• 1 month later...
McGlynn The Money
On 08/04/2022 at 20:44, John Findlay said:

I have to confess at feeling a bit uneasy, that quite a few supporters think that all we have to do is turn up at Tynecastle tomorrow, and Hampden next Saturday and Hibs are beat. Well as much as I would like that to happen, football doesn't work that way. Despite Hibs not appearing to have as good a season as us, they are not just going to lie down to us. Either tomorrow or next week.

We, Hearts will have to be on our game, both physically, and more importantly mentally too.

We cannot treat Hibs lightly, because if we do, we will get well and truly bit in the arse.

We will have to earn any win against them and that starts at 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

Pattern developing here...

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, there is ... you stalking a PHM.

John needs a nappy.

McGlynn The Money
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, there is ... you stalking a PHM.

Nothing that JF hasn't done to me. You have a cracking day now.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

John needs a nappy.

Correct. 

Edited by McGlynn The Money