• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• smiler

• Japan Jambo

• Sooks

Absolutely heartbreaking, Lewis is in all our thoughts right now, alongside Laurie and Gail. I am sure I am not the only one who will be typing, tears running down my cheeks.

RIP Lewis

StevenNaismith

That was a really difficult read. I’ve known Laurie a long time and my heart is breaking for him and Gail. Sleep tight Lewis Dunsire x

Thinking of you and Gail, Laurie during this tragic time. The whole Jambo family are here for you. Such an awful thing to happen R.I.P

Alex Kintner

Not ashamed to admit I read the second half of that through tears. Can’t imagine the heartache Laurie and his partner are going through. 😔

Makes you really appreciate what you have and how lucky you are. Off to give my daughters an extra cuddle and tell them I love them.

So sorry to read of the tragedy -& it was a difficult read.  
Nothing can be said or done that will make a difference to either Laurie or Gail. 

Best wishes to them both -& family. 
RIP Lewis, so sorry you never got to go to games with your Dad. 

That is such a tragedy.

I hope both Laurie and Gail manage to come to terms with their loss andare able to move on with their lives.

RIP Lewis

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tragedy for the family. In time I hope they have a family and can remember Lewis so very fondly

So so sad, my thoughts are with Laurie and his wife at this devastating time. My wife and I lost our baby Daughter  5 1/2 months in to her pregnancy almost 30 years ago. It is still very raw. I'm absolutely heart broken for them. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I was not really sure if I should post this on here but given that Laurie had posted on Twitter and Barry Anderson replied then I thought he maybe would want this shared

https://lauriedunsire.co.uk/2022/03/17/lewis/

I'm in tatters reading that. Thanks for sharing. What no parent wants to bear. My condolences and best wishes to Mr & Mrs Dunsire. 

I have no words to express my feelings for the young man and his wife. 
I hope they get all the love and support they need to help them through this tragic event. 
RIP Lewis Dunsire. 

colinmaroon

Read that through tears myself.  In my thoughts and prayers, Laurie and Gail

If I could just share my son and daughter in law had to go through four terrible experiences.  Two were fairly early miscarriages and the third later, and the fourth the baby was 20 weeks and although evrything started well, the wee soul died and had to be delivered through a quite traumatic stillbirth.  They named the wee boy Zach and I still have his photo. 

The reason I have shared this is they now have two uproarious 3 and a half year old twins, boy and a girl, also born a month early (our grandson was on support for a while).  We've just been on holiday with them this week and they are a testimony of a hope fulfilled, although absolutely exhausting!

I hope and pray that Laurie and Gail will know this joy in the future and their memories of Lewis will be more focussed on the brief time they had with him rather than their sad loss.

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Read that through tears myself.  In my thoughts and prayers, Laurie and Gail

If I could just share my son and daughter in law had to go through four terrible experiences.  Two were fairly early miscarriages and the third later, and the fourth the baby was 20 weeks and although evrything started well, the wee soul died and had to be delivered through a quite traumatic stillbirth.  They named the wee boy Zach and I still have his photo. 

The reason I have shared this is they now have two uproarious 3 and a half year old twins, boy and a girl, also born a month early (our grandson was on support for a while).  We've just been on holiday with them this week and they are a testimony of a hope fulfilled, although absolutely exhausting!

I hope and pray that Laurie and Gail will know this joy in the future and their memories of Lewis will be more focussed on the brief time they had with him rather than their sad loss.

Thank you for sharing that I am so glad they are happy now love those wee grand babies with everything you have 

Fultons Right Leg

Tragic, heart-breaking stuff. A very brave man indeed putting it out there like that. I hope he realises that.

I'm not too proud to admit that I had a 'moment' to myself reading it. Brough back a lot of repressed emotions from a very similar situation my wife and I experienced.

I don't know Laurie and he certainly doesn't know me but my god do I wish I could give the lad a hug. x

gordiegords

i dont know Laurie at all, Hearts Tv guy right?

Anyway no matter, Incredible Read Laurie and sorry for your loss, I wont be the only one who cries at reading that authentic brave and powerful story you have shared, thoughts with you and your family Laurie.

No Idle Talk

That was a really tough read. I cannot even begin to imagine how tough it must have been for Laurie to write that. But, Laurie, it is a fantastic piece of writing and incredibly heartfelt. My thoughts and prayers really do go out to you and your wife at this time. 

I don't know if this will help in way, shape or form but I can say that my cousin went through an experience very similar to this. He had a baby daughter who died within a few weeks of being born. It was longer than two weeks but not a lot longer. I went to the funeral and it was one of the saddest things I have ever seen in my life. Something I hope I will never have to see or experience again. The effect it had on my cousin was understandably intense and it is something he lives with every day of his life. But he does live with it and his life has moved on. The important point of this story is that my cousin does have other healthy children. That is what I hope will happen for Laurie and Gail. I know it helps my cousin deal with what happened to him.

RIP Lewis Dunsire.

The pain Laurie & Gail must be feeling must be overwhelming, Be strong and your love will help you heal.

RIP wee Lewis ♥️

No idea what to even say, such a horrible thing for a parent to go through - Not something anyone should ever experience. A really emotive read, I hope they are both getting all the support they need to get them through such a difficult time.

Wishing strength to Laurie and Gail.

Rest in peace wee man. 

copa-mundial

Man that is heartbreaking to read. 

Brave and strong man writing that Laurie. 

Thoughts are with you and Gail. 

RIP Lewis. 

RIP Lewis . Laurie and Gail you are in my prayers . Sitting here blubbering reading that .  Our wee Fraser would have been 22 on the 14th July this year but he too arrived early (not being due until October 2000) . Heaven has gained another Jambo Angel . God Bless 

So sorry to read that.  Life can be a real bitch.

On a brighter note, Laurie and Gail....you had two unforgettable weeks with your son, Lewis,  which will live with you forever.

Laurie is great as the Hearts tv commentator and host of scarves round the funnel podcast. That must have been so difficult to write and document. It’s so tragic and puts everything into context. Totally heartbreaking! Thoughts are with Laurie and Gail xx RIP Lewis