Tragic News for Laurie Dunsire

wavydavy

TyphoonJambo

So very sorry for your loss. Thoughts with you both. RIP wee man.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• smiler

• Tasavallan

• Sooks

Thanks for the kind words from everyone. As I just posted on Twitter, I hadn't expected the words I wrote to reach so many people but it gives me a degree of comfort knowing his story has been shared. I really appreciate the responses and I just wanted to let you all know that I have read them. ❤️

A horrendous thing to go through and I can only offer my deepest sympathies.  You could not have done a better job of paying tribute to your boy and partner than that raw, brave and touching description of the worst of moments.  Much love to you all.

My condolences to you Laurie and your wife. 

Rip Lewis. 

Edited by peter snr

7 hours ago, Laurie said:

Thanks for the kind words from everyone. As I just posted on Twitter, I hadn't expected the words I wrote to reach so many people but it gives me a degree of comfort knowing his story has been shared. I really appreciate the responses and I just wanted to let you all know that I have read them. ❤️

Watching the game Laurie, haste ye back at your own time, Fowler will never make a commentator.

7 hours ago, Laurie said:

Deepest and heartfelt condolences to you and your family, at this tragic time.

Absolutely tragic. Even although I dont know Laurie personally, thoughts and prayers go out to him and his wife Gail. RIP wee Lewis. 

Just horrendous for Laurie and his family. Puts everything else into perspective. Had a few interactions with Laurie over twitter. Seems just like a proper good guy.

I can only imagine his heartache. I hope he and his partner find the strength and support they need.

loveofthegame
13 hours ago, Laurie said:

You’re a good Hearts man Laurie, but more importantly you always come across as a good man. I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through, but take care of yourself and Gail and look forward to having you back on comms and the podcast soon. 

Remnants of Standards

It takes a lot to get me genuinely emotional but your post on Twitter certainly did that Laurie. 

You are in my thoughts is all I can say. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would give a wee nudge to this thread. 

It was great to hear him back on Hearts TV today!

Phil D. Corners
19 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Thought I would give a wee nudge to this thread. 

It was great to hear him back on Hearts TV today!

Agreed. 

The Bannon Flick

Aye, good to hear that Laurie was back where he belongs today.

Can’t imagine how tough the last few weeks must have been for him and his partner.

Best wishes to them both