• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• smiler

• Japan Jambo

• Sooks

weekend offender

RIP wee guy. Hard read brought a lot of feeling I had put away back, sitting hear tears streaming.  Gutted for you all

Such a tragedy. I just can't put into words the heartbreak and sympathy I feel for Laurie and his wife.

RIP wee man :(

millerjames398

I read this on twitter earlier today, absolutely heartbreaking to read, must have took some strength, to put down in words, his thoughts and feelings, after such a tragedy, thoughts with laurie and his wife🇱🇻

Can't even begin to understand how you feel Laurie & Gail, so I wont pretend to. 

Tragic and unfair, but Lewis would be very proud of how amazing his parents were, and forevermore will continue to be. 

If you want my number or email address etc etc then please give me a shout. I'll be glad to be an ear or a voice to speak to, even if just for a rant or something that may be bottling up. 

All the best to you both and the way you were with Lewis really shows you are made to be parents and hopefully another chance will come as naturally you deserve 

Darren.

Edited by dazajmbo

Heartbreaking news so terribly sad. Thoughts are with you Laurie and family. 

Worthing Jambo
32 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Laurie is great as the Hearts tv commentator and host of scarves round the funnel podcast. That must have been so difficult to write and document. It’s so tragic and puts everything into context. Totally heartbreaking! Thoughts are with Laurie and Gail xx RIP Lewis

Just to echo your sentiments.

Strange how media can make you feel you know someone you have never met.

Thoughts are with Laurie and Gail❤️

jamboinglasgow

Such a horrible tragedy, and my thoughts are with Laurie and Gail. Read it as my 2 year old was sitting next to me and it did make me quite emotional. I hope from this darkest moment that things get much better for you two.

I read this with a heavy heart. I lost a son over 40 years ago.  I still think about him every day.

RIP Lewis.

Heartsofgold

On a personal basis, I understand how Laurie and Gail feel, my wife and I had 4 miscarriages but all at fairly early stages so something like this is utterly heartbreaking.  I was in tears reading through his words and I cannot imagine the courage it took to write them and put them on a public forum.

RIP Lewis Dunsire.  Know that you were loved and cherished by mum and dad.

I hope and wish the very best for Gail and Laurie in the future.

Byyy The Light

I read that at my work earlier today and I had to get up from my desk and go out a walk to pull myself together.

A very strong thing to put something so raw and personal out there. I can’t even begin to imagine the agony Gail and Laurie have experienced. Truly heart breaking.

My thoughts go out to them both. Rest in peace Lewis ♥️ 

Naisys Tackle

RIP Wee Lamb. Absolutely heart wrenching and I can't begin to understand how you are Laurie.

Love to all family and god bless.   He will always be with you. x

Absolute Scenes

Brings it all back reading that. My wife and I have experienced losing a baby and there is nothing that prepares you for it. Wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy.

Laurie if you are reading any of these mate, you are an incredibly strong human being and we are all here for you in any way we can support you and hope it brings you any amount of love and hope it can. you talk about your son Lewis is such a beautiful way and the love you feel is very evident. I’m so so sorry for your loss. 

Life can be so cruel at times. I imagine Laurie did not want Lewis’s short life to be in vain and has written this wonderful epitaph for his beloved son. He probably found doing so to be therapeutic. I have found in life that, although we find it impossible to understand why these tragedies happen, they often have a purpose and impact that we could barely imagine. RIP Lewis. God bless Laurie and Gail.

Japan Jambo

Heartbreaking, so so sorry for you and Gail. The Mrs and I went though a miscarriage many moons ago but that doesn't compare to your loss. Thoughts and prayers are very much with you.

XX 💖 Wee man will be safe. Heartbreaking. Be there for each other. Love and remember. Absolutely gutting. Puts stuff in perspective when you think you have problems. Remember always communicate, you both need to be there for each other X

Malinga the Swinga

Don't know if I would have strength to have written that article if something similar had happened to one of my kids.

Stories like this bring tears to my eyes.

Thoughts with Laurie and Gail.

I hear your voice so often I almost feel like a friend.  I am absolutely heart broken by your tragic loss. As someone said before there will be many typing while wiping away the tears.

Laurie and Gail my heart goes out to the both of you for your loss, and Lewis will be in your heart for all time.  Try to stay strong but dont hold back the emotion, you are no less a man

because you have cried at this time.   Look after each other, Lewis felt your love. His memory will always be with you.  R.I.P. Lewis Dunsire. XX

jamtartan74

Aw man that was a difficult read ☹️ Stay strong fella, proud of you for having the courage to write that wonderfully worded story of what must be the worst thing imaginable to any parent to have to go through.

RIP Lewis 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

As if we needed confirmation, JKB is the best fan-site going.

Some really touching and heartfelt posts on this thread.

You lot are the best (fights and arguments throughout the year but, when push comes to shove, everyone pulls together).

God bless Laurie and Gail.  Sleep tight wee Lewis.

HHGH 

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm in tatters reading that. Thanks for sharing. What no parent wants to bear. My condolences and best wishes to Mr & Mrs Dunsire. 

I was to.

Dagger Is Back

That is a heartbreaking story . Can’t even begin to imagine what Laurie and Gail have been through.

Such a brave thing to do to open your heart to the world in such a way.

RIP wee Lewis 

Thoughts with Laurie and Gail

♥️

heartandsoul
46 minutes ago, Morgan said:

As if we needed confirmation, JKB is the best fan-site going.

Some really touching and heartfelt posts on this thread.

You lot are the best (fights and arguments throughout the year but, when push comes to shove, everyone pulls together).

God bless Laurie and Gail.  Sleep tight wee Lewis.

HHGH 

Well said Morgan

Absolutely devastating to read. I know Laurie sometimes posts on here so if you’re reading this I can’t begin to imagine what you’re both going through & the strength it must have taken to write, so thank you for sharing your story & I hope writing it gave you some semblance of comfort. The whole jambo family is here for you.

RIP Lewis

heatonjambo

Very sad to hear this and the sad experiences of others.

RIP Lewis

When you are sorrowful look again into your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Khalil Gibran

Read this yesterday and couldn't find the words

Came back today and there are no words - truly heartbreaking 

Fly with the angels little one and thoughts to Laurie & Gail  🤍

Kidd’s Boots

Heart goes out Laurie, Gail and the rest of their families, such an incredibly sad turn of events. The bravery it has taken to write that piece matches the bravery that wee Lewis had to fight and survive as long as he did. 

RIP Lewis 💔

Brick Tamland

Incredibly moving read and massive respect to Laurie for sharing such intimate details of a truly heartbreaking event. 
Love and respect to both Laurie and Gail xx

Clark Griswold

Firstly, very sorry to hear about this tragic loss. Having kids myself, I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is or how both Laurie and Gail are feeling right now. The fact Laurie has had the courage to put this in the public domain is incredible and says a lot about his character. 

If you are reading this Laurie, I am sure I am correct in saying the whole Hearts family are behind you. 

RIP Lewis, rest easy wee man.

Heartbreaking. The very worst thing that can happen to any parent. Thoughts with them on this hard road. RIP Lewis. 

On 17/03/2022 at 14:17, wavydavy said:

I was not really sure if I should post this on here but given that Laurie had posted on Twitter and Barry Anderson replied then I thought he maybe would want this shared

https://lauriedunsire.co.uk/2022/03/17/lewis/

Fecking hell so sorry for your loss @Laurie. So sad to read I actually had a tear in my eye. 😥

That was literally the most heartbreaking thing I’ve ever read. I’ve been in floods of tears reading it, thinking about that poor wee soul, and how Laurie and his partner will have to deal with this unbearably tragic event.

Laurie, how incredibly brave of you to share your story. I’m hope you and your family have all the support you need from those closest to you.

Rest in peace, Lewis ❤️

It was beautifully written - as a father I really cant think what he has gone through.

Is there anything we can do on Kickback to help?

My advice to you both (Laurie and Gail) is to be there for each other, try and talk about your emotions and don’t bottle it up (and I know how hard that is for a bloke). There’s no easy way to get through this other than to give each other all the love and support the other one needs. Time is a great healer and one day you’ll be ready to start a family again (as unlikely as that sounds right now) and I’m sure just reading what you’ve managed to put down in words about baby Lewis you’ll make fantastic parents and we’ll have more members of the Heart of Midlothian family. 

Take care of yourselves.

Rest in Peace wee Lewis❤️

Watt-Zeefuik

I am so sorry, Laurie. We lost our first pregnancy to a miscarriage.

You think you're not ready for parenthood and then suddenly it's ripped away from you and you grieve at a level you couldn't previously imagine.

Oh man that is heartbreaking stuff. I feel so sorry for his wife and him. There’s a good lad on here who’s partner had a stillborn birth. It just makes me feel so fortunate that all mine are healthy and here  ❤️

55 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I am so sorry, Laurie. We lost our first pregnancy to a miscarriage.

You think you're not ready for parenthood and then suddenly it's ripped away from you and you grieve at a level you couldn't previously imagine.

Hi mate, my wife had about five miscarriages, the worst one she was admitted and had to take tablets, essentially to expel the dead fetus from her body. Traumatic and horrible experience but we got there in the end, and have a wee five a side team now.

Japan Jambo
7 minutes ago, smiler said:

Hi mate, my wife had about five miscarriages, the worst one she was admitted and had to take tablets, essentially to expel the dead fetus from her body. Traumatic and horrible experience but we got there in the end, and have a wee five a side team now.

it's a distressing experience and never completely leaves you, great to hear you eventually found joy though 🙂.

7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

it's a distressing experience and never completely leaves you, great to hear you eventually found joy though 🙂.

👍🏻❤️

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, smiler said:

My spouse had to have a DNC for the same reason.

It's always painful to talk about (and in a way is only kind of mine to tell, as it didn't happen inside me) but I think it's important, because you feel so lonely when it happens, but it's happened to so many people.