Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )

Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Their squad is so thin they might leave a few out of the league game. I suppose it depends what the top six is looking like at that point.

Hibs can't afford to let up in the League as 5th place will probably get a Euro spot..probably !

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Boab

• Sooks

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Must win game for RN. 

It’s a really important game to win. Huge in fact, but RN isn’t in any danger should he lose it IMO.

Hes not losing it anyway. Very VERY confident we will need and want it much more than them and that’s often the difference in a derby. Aside from which we’re better than them, on our day - considerably better.

49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is likely we will play Hibs 3 times in about 5 or 6 weeks now. 3 wins

:yas:

Sadly, only 2 games, as when we pump them in the final game before the split, we'll consign them to bottom 6.

Just now, graygo said:

Is that if we get beat in the EL play off?

Yes. So conf league group stage guaranteed, EL group stage a possibility. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Conf league group stages guaranteed not EL. 

I teed that up for you 😆

Bear with me here as I'm sure we'll horse them but in the extremely unlikely event that they won, they could already be bottom six and lose in the Final and get no Euro spot. We'd get it by being third !

😂

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No probs, I’ve only found out what it means recently too 😆

Me three. Kept seeing it on here then finally googled it😂

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Having paid zero attention to this, if we win the play off and then don't get through to the next stage of the EL, do we drop down to the Conference. I don't like the format tbh but all for it if Hearts are in it!

Byyy The Light

My 40th birthday weekend. Last time we had a semi final for my 30th we beat Celtic 2-1. We all know what happened in the final.

Im away on holiday for this but will be back in plenty time for the final 😎

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Having paid zero attention to this, if we win the play off and then don't get through to the next stage of the EL, do we drop down to the Conference. I don't like the format tbh but all for it if Hearts are in it!

If we win the EL play off we are in the EL group stages. There is no further round after that play off. We would be ‘playing off’ to get into the group stage. If we lose that play off we are direct into the Conference Group Stage

Edited by JimmyCant

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Me three. Kept seeing it on here then finally googled it😂

These pesky youngsters eh 😆

been here before
42 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Must win game for RN. 

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why? 

He's already got his post written and the thread ready to go if its anything less than a 10-0 Barca-esque Pepefest.

Cannae wait for it to go wring.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If we win the EL play off we are in the EL group stages

I think he means after the group.

If we qualified for the EL Group Stage, 8 third placed teams would then go into the ECL prelim round or whatever it's called.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Bear with me here as I'm sure we'll horse them but in the extremely unlikely event that they won, they could already be bottom six and lose in the Final and get no Euro spot. We'd get it by being third !

😂

Sadly I can't see past the of for the cup, Hibs definitely won't win it should they beat us. 

Assuming we get 3rd…

The only thing that could possibly stop us from getting guaranteed European group stages would be a Hibs cup win?

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

If we win the EL play off we are in the EL group stages

He means if we don’t get out of the EL group stages, do we go into the Conference League. The answer is yes  but only if we finish 3rd. Thats what happened with Celtic and Leicester this season.

To be honest qualifying for the Europa League group stages is going to be a huge ask, never mind getting out of the group! We are likely to get a team dropping out of the Champions League qualifiers in order to make group stage. 

All of the above relies on us winning the cup or Rangers and Celtic winning it and us finishing 3rd.

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Just need a Fergie-esque speech from Robbie before the game ‘lads, it’s Hibs.’

Nothing else should need said. Big screen showing the past games.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

If we qualified for the EL Group Stage, 8 third placed teams would then go into the ECL prelim round or whatever it's called.

Ah right, I’ve re-read it and that’s what he his asking and I believe your answer is correct 

Also, re the EL group. It’s probably a bit too tasty for us and we could be whipping boys which wouldn’t be nice. Frankly the Conf is closer to our level and we might actually get out, depending on the draw of course 

Edited by JimmyCant

We should be asking for more tickets given they dress as seats for every home game , never mind last few hampden humpings 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sadly I can't see past the of for the cup, Hibs definitely won't win it should they beat us. 

Precisely my point. Yet another way to Hibsed it !

😂

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah win it and we are straight into EL group stages I think 🤔?

EL final qualifying round, but if we lose we drop into the Europa Conference group stage, so guaranteed at least 4 European nights at Tynie.

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

EL group stage must be worth s fortune if we could get there, tough ask I know but.....

Nelly Terraces

Heart of Midlothian will mess these mugs up no bother.

Fancy us to pull off a shock in the final.

Gorgie Rules!

Robbie Neilson is delivering us a tremendous season.

Could someone let me know if I'm supposed to be nervous because I'm precisely the opposite?

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If we win the EL play off we are in the EL group stages. There is no further round after that play off. We would be ‘playing off’ to get into the group stage. If we lose that play off we are direct into the Conference Group Stage

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

3 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

He means if we don’t get out of the EL group stages, do we go into the Conference League. The answer is yes  but only if we finish 3rd. Thats what happened with Celtic and Leicester this season.

To be honest qualifying for the Europa League group stages is going to be a huge ask, never mind getting out of the group! We are likely to get a team dropping out of the Champions League qualifiers in order to make group stage. 

All of the above relies on us winning the cup or Rangers and Celtic winning it and us finishing 3rd.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Ah right, I’ve re-read it and that’s what he his asking and I believe your answer is correct 

Thanks for the answers and sorry for not making the question very clear! Just being optimistic that we could do well especially if we invest in the squad to make the most of the opportunity. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
30 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Watch your liver, sir.   :biggrin:

I shall try! But one way or another, my liver is taking a battering that week! :flag1:

52 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Bonner wittering on about Hampden suiting how Hibs like to play the game.

I think the bold Pat needs to spend some time doing research into pitch sizes. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Robbie Neilson is delivering us a tremendous season.

Could someone let me know if I'm supposed to be nervous because I'm precisely the opposite?

Im only nervous because its two games against them back to back! I fear that we pump them at Tynie and then suffer a shock in the cup! 

But we cant possibly muck this up. They're utterly woeful. They struggled against a Motherwell side that played with 10 men for 90 minutes. Only just squeaked through against Arbroath and Cove. We cant possibly make a mess of this can we? 😅  

39 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yep. Win the semi we are guaranteed group stage European football of some kind next season, Probably the Conference which is worth £2.9 million(last years figure)before you even kick a ball. Another £2.5 million plus in add ons potentially (gate money 4 sell outs at £30 is £2 million sponsorship TV hospitality) not to mention the £2 million we’ll get for 3rd plus a share of the Scottish cup pool money

We also pick up money for every point gained in the group stages.

This could be massive for us.  Our turnover the last time we played a full season in the Premiership was around £15m, I think we made League Cup semi and SC final that year, so that would have boosted our turnover, but if you just take into account getting Euro group stages next season, that alone could be worth at least £4-5m.  That gives us a massive advantage over Aberdeen and Hibs, not forgetting our donations (FOH, James Anderson), which aren't included in the turnover figures and are running at just over £5m per season.  

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Based on last year:

Screenshot_20220314-230412_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-230357_Chrome.jpg

Better money in the EL group stage but we're more likely to win/draw games in the conf.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

EL group stage must be worth s fortune if we could get there, tough ask I know but.....

We’ll yes it’s worth more to qualify but would we get as much in win bonuses if we were in the EL groups.  I’d rather watch us win games against slightly lesser opponents than get scudded by class every fortnight, £500k per win in the Conf not to be sniffed at

30 minutes ago, Boab said:

Hibs can't afford to let up in the League as 5th place will probably get a Euro spot..probably !

5th place would guarantee them a Euro spot, as nobody below them could win the cup.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ll yes it’s worth more to qualify but would we get as much in win bonuses if we were in the EL groups.  I’d rather watch us win games against slightly lesser opponents than get scudded by class every fortnight, £500k per win in the Conf not to be sniffed at

See my post directly above yours 👍

Tynecastlesmychurch
42 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Booking it off as I imagine I will be pished . Glorious opportunity for one of the best ever

I shall be trying to book that week off tomorrow too!

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, RobNox said:

EL final qualifying round, but if we lose we drop into the Europa Conference group stage, so guaranteed at least 4 European nights at Tynie.

Good stuff 👍🏽

julienbrellier

Based on previous Scottish cup semis is there any chance this isn’t 12:30? A later time? Just cant remember what happened in the past, we know when day/time will be announced?

2 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Based on previous Scottish cup semis is there any chance this isn’t 12:30? A later time? Just cant remember what happened in the past, we know when day/time will be announced?

Glasgow police will say 12.30 as they will want us away asap to prepare for Sundays bigotfest. Mind u hibs fans will be back along the M8 by 1.30 so no really a problem so who knows 

• davemclaren changed the title to Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )