Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Who do you want? 

Probably a better chance to win it if we got celtic in the sf then hibs in the final. 

Hibs have got a better record v rangers than us. 

Or do we want hibs in the sf as they are shite, then the final is a free hit if we get here. 

Think I'm for hibs in the sf then whatever happens in the final- happens. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Boab

• Sooks

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

buzzbomb1958
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Who do you want? 

Probably a better chance to win it if we got celtic in the sf then hibs in the final. 

Or do we want hibs in the sf as they are shite, then the final is a free hit if we get here. 

The Sevco and Septic balls will be in the fridge as we speak

Was all booked up to come up the last time you got hibs in the semifinals, then the bad flu hit, the government shit in the hole, and I never got to go, so hopefully you get them again so I can sample a Edinburgh Derby 

Bazzas right boot

Assuming Utd get knock out Ofc. 

I never mentioned that, utd could win. 

3fingersreid

Hearts v rangers semi final 

the powers that be will want a glasgow derby final , more chance of happening if rangers avoid hibs 

JamboGraham

Always want to draw the weakest team left in the competition so that's Hibs (or would also be happy to draw Dundee United).

Fort Vallance

I'm inclined to agree. I hate to admit it but although obviously I wanted to beat Celtic in the semi, I had this nagging in the back of my head that I couldn't handle losing to Hibs in the final. I can only imagine how broken they were after that. Hibs in the semi and Celtic in the final for me. In an ideal world of course Celtic would lose tonight.

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Who do you want? 

This for me 👍

Carl Fredrickson

I think the draw will be us v Celtic. 

Would prefer Dundee Utd or Hibs in the semi. Avoid rantic as long as possible in any tournament and hope they have an off day and we are on our game when we do meet them. 

bajthejambo
13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

the powers that be will want a glasgow derby final , more chance of happening if rangers avoid hibs 

I've said that to others myself. A stick on if Celtic are victorious later on this evening.

AC Mallin_51

Hibs as it will allow the best chance of winning the cup, beating both the OF will be too much of an ask I think. However my nerves will take a hammering playing them twice in a week. If a semi final against them isn’t big enough, throw in that a win ensures European football til Christmas

We’ve got a decent chance against any of them I think. Rangers have the Europe thing to deal with, Celtic don’t look great just now and Hibs are Hibs. Us versus one of the Weegies in the final would be great as it helps guarantee us European group football. Nothing to fear, let’s hope for two successful trips to Hampden. It’s going to be a lot of fun I think. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, thegreatsd said:

We’ve got a decent chance against any of them I think. Rangers have the Europe thing to deal with, Celtic don’t look great just now and Hibs are Hibs. Us versus one of the Weegies in the final would be great as it helps guarantee us European group football. Nothing to fear, let’s hope for two successful trips to Hampden. It’s going to be a lot of fun I think. 

We very rarely win against any of the OF apart from when at home.

AC Mallin_51
19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Do you think the fact the games are over Easter weekend make them more inclined for Hearts v Rangers & Hibs v Celtic? Just in terms of policing/trouble 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Do you think the fact the games are over Easter weekend make them more inclined for Hearts v Rangers & Hibs v Celtic? Just in terms of policing/trouble 

Yes and we will be playing the New club on the Sunday as the other two are busy that day. 

39 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yup

The authorities will want to ‘showcase’ the ‘very best of Scottish football’

Hibs for me in the semi. I can't see Dundee Utd beating Celtic tonight so if we beat Hibs next then we will only have to beat one half of the OF to win it. Beating one of them in the semi then the other one in the final seems a bit much to ask.

Chillidigits

The pessimist point of view as follows - Would rather get beat by Hibs in semi-final because would slit my wrist if they beat us in the final.

51 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Assuming Celtic win,

Hearts v Rangers

Hibs v Celtic

I want Hibs out

That will almost be a 12.30 Sunday kick off. Prefer Celtic on the Saturday. 

It's guaranteed that the OF miss each other in the semi finals so we will have to beat 1 if not the 2 of them to win the cup! 

3fingersreid
48 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I've said that to others myself. A stick on if Celtic are victorious later on this evening.

22 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Yup

The authorities will want to ‘showcase’ the ‘very best of Scottish football’

Not just me then 

42 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

nope , I just think that’ll be the draw and we’ll be the Sunday IF rangers are still in Europe if they’re out then it’s 50/50 .

as to the specific weekend I’m sure there will be thousands of rangers fans also wanting to roll their eggs , if that’s what you’re trying to get at 🤷🏻‍♂️

The Natural Order

I want Rangers purely for the selfish reason that the Sunday game would suit me better.

Always want us to draw the worst team in the cup, no matter what the result is tonight Hibs are the worst team left 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Always want us to draw the worst team in the cup, no matter what the result is tonight Hibs are the worst team left 

Ummm you do realise Hibs are above Dundee Utd in the table? So Dundee Utd would be the worst team left - we can hate Hibs more but you are factually incorrect 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm you do realise Hibs are above Dundee Utd in the table? So Dundee Utd would be the worst team left - we can hate Hibs more but you are factually incorrect 

Lighten up mate clearly a joke and Hibs are 1pt ahead of them.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Nothing to fear but Celtic I think have dropped 2 points in about 15 games, won the lc and went top of the league recently. 

Rangers are also a good side who we have a shite record against, Hibs are definitely the easier, we'd be heavy under dogs v the of. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )