Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )

Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Assuming Utd get knock out Ofc. 

I never mentioned that, utd could win. 

Us v utd semi

Us v the deid one 

Final

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Boab

• Sooks

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm you do realise Hibs are above Dundee Utd in the table? So Dundee Utd would be the worst team left - we can hate Hibs more but you are factually incorrect 

Don’t see it like that personally, Boyle got Hibs some valuable points before he left but he’s gone now. They may be a point better off now but I think that’ll change by the time the semi comes around. In a similar situation, Motherwell have a good amount of points compared to St Johnstone and Dundee but I’d back both of those teams to beat Motherwell since Tony Watt left

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Assuming Utd get knock out Ofc. 

I never mentioned that, utd could win. 

Don't be ridiculous now.  Weirdly if Utd don't win, it will be the first time EVER that the Edinburgh and Glasgow teams have made up the semi-finals.  

I wish they hadn't made the European qualification the way it is.  It's probably best we draw Celtic or Rangers.  But it probably doesn't matter. 

58 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

With this added euro group thing it’s all becoming a bit of a mind ****.

Not really. The thing we MUST avoid is any chance of Hibs winning it. The best draw for our Euro plans would be Hibs vs Celtic and Hearts vs Rangers. This assumes Celtic win. If Utd win, that’s really not a good thing for us but we want THEM in the semi. This isn’t solely about us winning the cup, it’s about us ensuring that EL play off spot and making sure Hibs don’t get it instead of us, which would be a gut wrenching conclusion to the season.

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I sense cockiness creeping in at the vermin again. 

A semi pasting is the remedy.  FTH

:verysmug:

The more confident, the better

Celtic Hibs on Sat

Us Gers on Sunday

Celtic win so we confirm Europe no matter what

Free hit against Rangers who have just played in europa league

then face Celtic in final (hopefully) where can have the time to think of a gameplan.

We have done ok against them this season and with a fully fit team can defo get a result

coatbridgejambo
6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Don't be ridiculous now.  Weirdly if Utd don't win, it will be the first time EVER that the Edinburgh and Glasgow teams have made up the semi-finals.  

I wish they hadn't made the European qualification the way it is.  It's probably best we draw Celtic or Rangers.  But it probably doesn't matter. 

Interesting stat.

I'm surprised that this four haven't made up the semis before now

I want us to have three of the four European tickets in the semis so that means a Celtic win tonight and we will highly likely need to beat one of them to lift the trophy either way so I would prefer us to beat Hibs in the semi and give it all we have got in the final where we have a better chance of winning because of the occasion.

31 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm you do realise Hibs are above Dundee Utd in the table? So Dundee Utd would be the worst team left - we can hate Hibs more but you are factually incorrect 

Hibs were 3 points clear of Utd after 1 game and Utd are currently 1 point behind and your need to defend the vermin is sickening.  Do one!

Edited by db211833

26 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I think the Scottish should qualify you though 3rd should be ahead in terms of where you qualify.

Whatever route is easiest to final so Utd or the hobos

I reckon it will be Hibs in the semi which will be a nervy affair but we will win it. 

Celtic and Rangers to kick lumps out each other in the other semi final and hopefully a couple of red cards in the process.

Hibs makes the most sense but Cup final pain is sore. Hopefully we can do something special this season. 

Ideally I suppose we want Celtic in the final (assuming we get there) because if its Rangers we have a Souttar conundrum and potentially kiddy on injury to deal with. 

For me it’s all about the European groups. An absolute game changer going forward with a minimum £4m

Sorry to say it but I want Celtic winning tonight so that effectively only hibs can scarper the euro £ for us by winning the cup. No danger are they winning it with us, rangers and Celtic in it. 
If Dundee Utd win then we are looking at a pretty dangerous / nervous scenario .

17 minutes ago, Ked said:

I think the Scottish should qualify you though 3rd should be ahead in terms of where you qualify.

Whatever route is easiest to final so Utd or the hobos

I am not sure if the SFA get to choose anyway, but it doesn't really make sense in terms of putting your best teams into Europe.  And if anything there is more of a need to add excitement and incentive to finish 4th/5th in the league.  

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hibs makes the most sense but Cup final pain is sore. Hopefully we can do something special this season. 

Ideally I suppose we want Celtic in the final (assuming we get there) because if its Rangers we have a Souttar conundrum and potentially kiddy on injury to deal with. 

Fair point, Souttar can leave us a hero and start his time with them as one. 

V rangers, tbh I don't see how he plays. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I reckon it will be Hibs in the semi which will be a nervy affair but we will win it. 

Celtic and Rangers to kick lumps out each other in the other semi final and hopefully a couple of red cards in the process.

I'd feel comfortable and confident v them in a semi final, but I can't imagine a final v them with what is at stake. 

Hibs are shite, I don't see them beating either of the of tho tbh

Edited by Bazzas right boot

45 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Who's pulling out the balls?(gigady)

Hope it ain't rod the jakey

He's busy fixing the roads

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd feel comfortable and confident v them in a semi final, but I can't imagine a final v them with what is at stake. 

Hibs are shite, I don't sse them beating either of the of tbh

Would love the final to be Edinburgh.

If we won the joy .

I'd love a final against them regularly .And it's actually terrible from both clubs that's not happened on at least a once every 5 to 10 years.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Would love the final to be Edinburgh.

If we won the joy .

I'd love a final against them regularly .And it's actually terrible from both clubs that's not happened on at least a once every 5 to 10 years.

Yeah, if it was more regular it would be better. 

Less nervous as well as you'd know there will be chances along soon to reverse any  bad result. 

As it is, it's a poor reflection on both sides, but hibs  have improved generally in the cups and we're 1 game for our 3rd sc final in 4 seasons. 

The European money makes this sc final a bit more rewarding and important. 

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, if it was more regular it would be better. 

Less nervous as well as you'd know there will be chances along soon to reverse any  bad result. 

As it is, it's a poor reflection on both sides, but hibs  have improved generally in the cups and we're 1 game for our 3rd sc final in 4 seasons. 

The European money makes this sc final a bit more rewarding and important. 

It does make it more rewarding.

Which is good.

I really want to see us beat Celtic in a final. We owe them one.

But I'd laugh if they went out tonight. A lot.

Edited by neilnunb

Because we haven't beaten either this season yet I'd take hibs in the semi and The Rangers for the final.   I think Utd can knock  Celtic out with some determination and luck. 

To beat them both in the finals would be aces :2thumbsup:

StirlingJambo

I’d take hibs in the semis. Sister gets married on cup final day and I’d be gutted if we got and beat them in the final, unless she’s alright with me being a night guest of course.

AC Mallin_51
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not just me then 

nope , I just think that’ll be the draw and we’ll be the Sunday IF rangers are still in Europe if they’re out then it’s 50/50 .

as to the specific weekend I’m sure there will be thousands of rangers fans also wanting to roll their eggs , if that’s what you’re trying to get at 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not just me then 

nope , I just think that’ll be the draw and we’ll be the Sunday IF rangers are still in Europe if they’re out then it’s 50/50 .

as to the specific weekend I’m sure there will be thousands of rangers fans also wanting to roll their eggs , if that’s what you’re trying to get at 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just know a lot of people enjoy a good drink on Easter Sunday, Glasgow may be busier than usual  on a Sunday regardless of the football. Probably won’t be a factor bust just a thought 

JamboGraham

I know it's modern football but I genuinely hate this! I am listening to Dundee United and hope they lose rather than hoping for an easier route to the trophy!!!

Sadly with the reward of European group football the risk of someone else winning the cup has become more of a threat than us losing it!

For years I have shaken my head at EPL club supporters for thinking similar!

3 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

We’ve got a decent chance against any of them I think. Rangers have the Europe thing to deal with, Celtic don’t look great just now and Hibs are Hibs. Us versus one of the Weegies in the final would be great as it helps guarantee us European group football. Nothing to fear, let’s hope for two successful trips to Hampden. It’s going to be a lot of fun I think. 

Our record v the old firm is absolutely awful 

Got to want hibs and see what happens but I would prefer Celtic than rangers 

Some amount of shitebags on here of course we want the easiest route to win the trophy. Feck the money.

20 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Also when was the last time the top 4 in the league were all in the semi finals? 

I suppose that would only really be a stat if Hibs manage to finish 4th which is dubious.  

Another fun fact (just because you made me think of it) is the Scottish Cup final didn't use to be the last game of the season.  Not sure when the tradition started but we played on the Monday after our 3 cup final final appearances in 50s, 60s, and 70s.

Edited by WageThief

No Idle Talk

If Celtic win tonight then we have to hope we draw Hibernian in the semis. Otherwise, in all likelihood, we will need to beat both halves of the OF in order to win the cup. 

Bring on the Hibees!

23 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

If Celtic win tonight then we have to hope we draw Hibernian in the semis. Otherwise, in all likelihood, we will need to beat both halves of the OF in order to win the cup. 

Bring on the Hibees!

Hibs in the semi and another close game with Celtic in the final with us going one step further than the last couple by winning

Slightly off topic, but if you get booked in the semi and its your second booking of the competition, do you miss the final? Seem to remember this got scrapped but not 100% sure. The only way to miss the final is if you get sent off in the semi. Is that right?

Disser Pointon
2 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

We get the tims.We always do at some point.

That's what I reckon, they'll definitely keep the arse cheeks apart.

• davemclaren changed the title to Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )