Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )

Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Based on previous Scottish cup semis is there any chance this isn’t 12:30? A later time? Just cant remember what happened in the past, we know when day/time will be announced?

It’s always Saturday lunchtime for first game. They might wait for rangers European trip but they are pretty much guaranteed for the Sunday game

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Boab

• Sooks

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Based on previous Scottish cup semis is there any chance this isn’t 12:30? A later time? Just cant remember what happened in the past, we know when day/time will be announced?

They might wait until Rangers euro fate is sealed but they should get through and I think the Police would prefer early Sunday ko for them. 

2006 SF and Tony Mowbray refused for the game to be switched to Murrayfield despite transport chaos and road closures around Hampden.  Also claims that Murrayfield was too familiar to Hearts.

Nuff the fairy 4-0 and Sr Paul on fire. 

Edited by Tasavallan

2006 SF

Gordon, Neilson, Pressley, Webster, Goncalves, Cesnauskis, Hartley, Aguiar, Skacel, Jankauskas, Elliot.

Subs: Banks, Fyssas, Mikoliunas, Pospisil, Camazzola.

Hearts' #1 still Scotland's #1

Just had a look at what we might expect in the EL final qualifying round, based on this season's classifications.  

We would avoid any side who also entered the tournament at this stage, including any who dropped out of the CL 3rd qualifying round, so we would play a club who came through the previous EL qualifying round.

Looking at this season the potential opponents would have been:

Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)

Mura (Slovenia)

Alashkert (Armenia)

Omonia (Cyprus)

HJK (FInland)

Celtic (Weegieland)

Rapid Wien (Austria)

Galatasaray (Turkey)

Looking at that list as an example of the calibre of opponent we could expect to face, I'd say we'd have a reasonable chance of getting to the group stages.  That would be worth almost £600k more than dropping into the Conference group stages, albeit we are likely to pick up more money for points gained in the Conference.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I’m away on holiday for the semi final.

Don’t give a shiny shite. I know I’ll be at the final.:D

Correct.  

J.T.F.Robertson

This thread would normally stick to fitbaw, now it's a bit like looking in on a Dow Jones Index discussion. 😔

Just win the game!

14 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Just had a look at what we might expect in the EL final qualifying round, based on this season's classifications.  

We would avoid any side who also entered the tournament at this stage, including any who dropped out of the CL 3rd qualifying round, so we would play a club who came through the previous EL qualifying round.

Looking at this season the potential opponents would have been:

Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)

Mura (Slovenia)

Alashkert (Armenia)

Omonia (Cyprus)

HJK (FInland)

Celtic (Weegieland)

Rapid Wien (Austria)

Galatasaray (Turkey)

Imagine if they are one of the options. A reunion with Lennon 🤣

19 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

2006 SF and Tony Mowbray refused for the game to be switched to Murrayfield despite transport chaos and road closures around Hampden.  Also claims that Murrayfield was too familiar to Hearts.

That little side show contributed to Hibs losing that game. They were scared of us right from the day the draw was made. Confirmed when they visibly shat themselves during the warm up. I’m sure it was Sproule who admitted later that they crumbled when they heard us during the warm up and barely spoke a word to each other.

Heart of Darkness
17 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

2006 SF

Gordon, Neilson, Pressley, Webster, Goncalves, Cesnauskis, Hartley, Aguiar, Skacel, Jankauskas, Elliot.

What a team 🤩🤩🤩

Look at the fn bench 🥰

21 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

2006 SF

Christ no wonder we hammered them. What a fecking midfield that is

No Idle Talk
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Any idea which tie Premier Sports will show? :whistling:

Both. Our one will also be on the BBC.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

We should mention it again, get them on the back foot from the off. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, rory78 said:

It will be if Rangers are still in Europe as will be playing Thursday before it I'm sure

Hopefully they’ll just make a decision tomorrow on the basis the tribute act will be in Europa rather than wait until Thurs. in any event the authorities usually prefer them two to play a Sunday early KO

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Who do you want? 

Probably a better chance to win it if we got celtic in the sf then hibs in the final. 

Hibs have got a better record v rangers than us. 

Or do we want hibs in the sf as they are shite, then the final is a free hit if we get here. 

Think I'm for hibs in the sf then whatever happens in the final- happens. 

Remind me how the games have went so far against them this season ?

11 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Haven’t lost. Haven’t ever looked like we would lose Should have won both.

If we’re already talking about the final I’d prefer Celtic. We just seem to show up better against them and got a right doing from Rangers just a few weeks ago. Heavy underdogs no matter who it is really.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If we’re already talking about the final I’d prefer Celtic. We just seem to show up better against them and got a right doing from Rangers just a few weeks ago. Heavy underdogs no matter who it is really.

I agree re Celtic being preferred opponents if we make the final.  We've got players with experience of playing them in a final where we ran them very close and only lost on penalties, so will believe we are capable of beating them, especially if we don't give them a 2 goal start. 

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

5th place would guarantee them a Euro spot, as nobody below them could win the cup.

Only if they get anywhere neat the top 6.

Watt-Zeefuik
35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d take Rangers. After the 5-0 they’ll have their foot off the gas. Also, we’re due a win over them.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Other than the obvious of us drawing the weakest team with tonight’s draw is the fact that 50/60 thousand @$$ cheek fans are going to be spewing come Easter Sunday night. I love when their fans get upset. Hopefully Newco will have just been knocked out off Europe a few days before too.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Only if they get anywhere neat the top 6.

They'd have to be in the top 6 to finish 5th, hopefully we pump them at Tynecastle to condemn them to the bottom 6.

It would be extra pleasing to see our 2 closest rivals for 'best of the rest', who finished 3rd and 4th last season, ending up in the bottom half with no Euro nights to look forward to next season, usurped by the team they voted to demote two seasons ago.

Wonder what the odds will be now.  You've got Rangers who've never won it, Hibs who win it once a century, Celtic who win it frequently and Hearts who've won it 3 times in the last 24 years.

I would think that makes it Celtic 4/6, Rangers 6/4, Hearts 7/1 and Hibs 66/1.

Hibs best tactic is Porteous diving to get a Hearts player sent off so as long as get a semi competent referee we will be just fine sorry to put a downer on it

49 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hibs best tactic is Porteous diving to get a Hearts player sent off so as long as get a semi competent referee we will be just fine sorry to put a downer on it

Ooo odds in him seeing red ?

6 hours ago, dannymack said:

2 draws. Will certainly not be as easy as some are making out, but by far the easiest draw and based on history, recent history, form, players, staff and generally getting it round them the majority of time we play, then we have every right to be confident. 

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Och, not another final?  :facepalm:

Not another Hibs semi-final mauling?  :facepalm:

Nae luck, Hibs..   :greggy:

:robboyas: 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Had a feeling this would be the draw, 3-0 Hearts.

Tbh I was expecting celtic so more than happy to play the shite.

5 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Other than the obvious of us drawing the weakest team with tonight’s draw is the fact that 50/60 thousand @$$ cheek fans are going to be spewing come Easter Sunday night. I love when their fans get upset. Hopefully Newco will have just been knocked out off Europe a few days before too.

Absolutely 💯 

Well that's the Easter weekend redecorating of the living room cancelled for another year.

Potential 4 day bender on the cards.

It was always at risk  I suppose.

andyscott82

Make no mistake, despite their forced bravado on the internet, each and every single one of the rancid tramps in their fan base will be shitting themselves. 

I’m as relaxed now as I was 10 years ago. We are better than them in each and every position. Even when it comes to their top performers, they still wouldn’t get in our team over our first picks. 

We keep everyone fit, 11 men on the park and each of our guys wins their individual battles then there’s no way it’s anything other than another Hampden humiliation for those snivelling little scumbags. 

Imo it’ll be us and those manky stripy weegie *******s in the final, and we will get our revenge on them for the last two. 

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Well that's the Easter weekend redecorating of the living room cancelled for another year.

Potential 4 day bender on the cards.

It was always at risk  I suppose.

4 days lol.🙂.

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

That little side show contributed to Hibs losing that game. They were scared of us right from the day the draw was made. Confirmed when they visibly shat themselves during the warm up. I’m sure it was Sproule who admitted later that they crumbled when they heard us during the warm up and barely spoke a word to each other.

They crumbled before the final too. I know a lassie that was amongst the supporters who gathered to greet them outside Hampden. All the fans there knew they had bottled it, they got nothing back at all. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Reminder that Hibs are going into the semi with a dull wee rookie of a manager who has very few bright ideas and has ridden his luck up till now. Maloney reminds me of Pat Fenlon, same vibe, trying earnestly to inspire a bit of confidence but all looks quite wobbly to me. It’s basically Porteous holding their whole team together,  I think many Hibs fans will remember that was the case with McPake at CB of their 2012 team, he was the one Hibs player that showed any trace of fight. Would give anything to see the world collapse in on Porteous as it did for Mcpake 

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The approach to the derby a week before will be interesting. Could be two reserve teams playing.

Third place sealed, pump them with the under 21s just to rub it in 

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

More likely 1.5 but the hangover to carry on for the other 2.5.

Aye bud, great at the time though.

Apparently that wee lassie they have up front that scored v 10 men Motherwell is the 2nd coming.  I want him crying like a baby in the tunnel before getting on the pitch. Get these tramps beaten before they’ve kicked a ball. Beat them in the semi and it will finish a lot of the tramps 

• davemclaren changed the title to Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )