Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )

Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Apparently that wee lassie they have up front that scored v 10 men Motherwell is the 2nd coming.  I want him crying like a baby in the tunnel before getting on the pitch. Get these tramps beaten before they’ve kicked a ball. Beat them in the semi and it will finish a lot of the tramps 

Poetry 😍

exactly this. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Boab

• Sooks

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Based on previous Scottish cup semis is there any chance this isn’t 12:30? A later time? Just cant remember what happened in the past, we know when day/time will be announced?

As soon as the draw came out last night my first thought was 12:30 Saturday.  

Allowayjambo1874

Beating Hibs in the semi would be huge financially given the estimated £5-8m European football will bring next season. 

Out of interest what would people think if Hearts offered (in our terms) a huge bonus to the players for winning this one off game? I appreciate as fans we are all massively invested in this match but just wondering if large financial incentive would sharpen the players up even more. 

Appreciate there probably already is some form of bonus scheme in place for winning the cup, just wonder what people think about adding something extra in place. 

The semi final is our chance to take out the rivals for that big Euro spot.  We wouldn't want to depend on Hibs losing the final especially if Rangers beat Celtic.  It's almost like both Hearts and Hibs will be targeting this game which makes the league encounter a week earlier really interesting.  I think we should sniff an opportunity here to give Hibs a spanking and break their morale before Hampden.  

We should be going out to smash them in both league and cup games. No foot off the gas the week before, it's a derby and we can't accept anything less than going for their throats. A defeat in the league will leave them fearing a Hampden game. From watching some of their games this season, we have nothing to fear from them. We are better than them all over the park and if we play well then there is no way we aren't winning. I sense a real togetherness in the Hearts team with the players and they won't want to miss this opportunity. Really looking forward to it, although no doubt a few sleepless nights leading up to the game!!

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Condemning them to bottom six and out the cup in 7 days would be a thing of beauty.

End their season twice in a week, a new one even for them 

:rudiyas:

43 minutes ago, sac said:

3rd place all but secured, It’s in our hands now as to who gets the EL spot. Time to murder these jakeys once and for all.

Beat Livingston and it is then all down to winning the semi final to secure European groups football so yes if we beat Livingston then I would play a few more fringe players in the league derby with any first picks who are touch and go rested

25 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Beating Hibs in the semi would be huge financially given the estimated £5-8m European football will bring next season. 

Out of interest what would people think if Hearts offered (in our terms) a huge bonus to the players for winning this one off game? I appreciate as fans we are all massively invested in this match but just wondering if large financial incentive would sharpen the players up even more. 

Appreciate there probably already is some form of bonus scheme in place for winning the cup, just wonder what people think about adding something extra in place. 

Reading Neilsons comments in the edinburgh evening news earlier in the week it sounds like we already have the bonus structure for the cup in place and I doubt we would change it

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Beat Livingston and it is then all down to winning the semi final to secure European groups football so yes if we beat Livingston then I would play a few more fringe players in the league derby with any first picks who are touch and go rested

Swap McEneff for Woody, and that’s your 11 against Livvy. The Derby will take care of itself and I’d expect any 11 players available from our squad to win that game, which will be a psychological advantage going in to the semi. But then I expect us to beat hibs every time we play them anyway😀

Just now, sac said:

Swap McEneff for Woody, and that’s your 11 against Livvy. The Derby will take care of itself and I’d expect any 11 players available from our squad to win that game, which will be a psychological advantage going in to the semi. But then I expect us to beat hibs every time we play them anyway😀

Probably right and probably what will happen I just worry a little about losing a key player like Halkett or Boyce before the big one

Jambo na hÉireann

The Lochenders are seemingly getting excited about the number of Hampden appearances in the last two decades:

Celtic - 28
Hibs - 18
Rangers - 12
Aberdeen - 11
Hearts - 9
Dundee Utd - 5
St Johnstone - 5
Falkirk - 4
Motherwell - 4
St Mirren - 4
Inverness CT - 3
Kilmarnock - 2
Livingston - 2
Ross County - 2
Ayr - 1
Greenock Morton - 1

I've never actually felt sorry for them, but I'm getting close to it. At what point do you actually start to celebrate the number of semi and cup final losses? They either have a genuine collective mental imbalance (which should be given our sympathy) or they are a bunch of eternal losers (which should be given our eternal, unabashed mockery).

Edited by Jambo na hÉireann

Concerning Europe, I think it's wrong how UEFA have arranged qualification for these tournaments.

Five games in the domestic cup can get you the EL and then ECL while finishing third in the league would only guarantee a qualifying round in the ECL.

I appreciate it's all down to coefficients but it should be the other way round IMO. EL for third and ECL for cup winners. 

It's UEFA though so...!

Just thought I'd put that out there.

3 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Maybe the Foundation could come up with a  large top up bonus for winning at Hampden?

We shouldn't need any extra incentive for the game at Hampden. The players will likely be on a win bonus anyway and an extra bonus for winning the cup. If they can't be up for a game this size then footy isn't for them. However I have no doubt with the squad of players we have that they will be bursting a gut to win this and get to another cup final. I don't think they will be driven by money.  I feel some of these players have unfinished business with the recent cup final defeats. Would love to see big Craig going up to lift the trophy in May. 

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Just had a look at what we might expect in the EL final qualifying round, based on this season's classifications.  

We would avoid any side who also entered the tournament at this stage, including any who dropped out of the CL 3rd qualifying round, so we would play a club who came through the previous EL qualifying round.

Looking at this season the potential opponents would have been:

Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)

Mura (Slovenia)

Alashkert (Armenia)

Omonia (Cyprus)

HJK (FInland)

Celtic (Weegieland)

Rapid Wien (Austria)

Galatasaray (Turkey)

Looking at that list as an example of the calibre of opponent we could expect to face, I'd say we'd have a reasonable chance of getting to the group stages.  That would be worth almost £600k more than dropping into the Conference group stages, albeit we are likely to pick up more money for points gained in the Conference.

Imagine beating Celtic to pump them down in to the conference and taking their Europa spot that would be something else

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Concerning Europe, I think it's wrong how UEFA have arranged qualification for these tournaments.

Five games in the domestic cup can get you the EL and then ECL while finishing third in the league would only guarantee a qualifying round in the ECL.

I appreciate it's all down to coefficients but it should be the other way round IMO. EL for third and ECL for cup winners. 

It's UEFA though so...!

I'm pretty sure the individual Football associations  decide  rather than eufa, could be wrong though?

4 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

The Lochenders are seemingly getting excited about the number of Hampden appearances in the last two decades:

Celtic - 28
Hibs - 18
Rangers - 12
Aberdeen - 11
Hearts - 9
Dundee Utd - 5
St Johnstone - 5
Falkirk - 4
Motherwell - 4
St Mirren - 4
Inverness CT - 3
Kilmarnock - 2
Livingston - 2
Ross County - 2
Ayr - 1
Greenock Morton - 1

I've never actually felt sorry for them, but I'm getting close to it. At what point do you actually start to celebrate the number of semi and cup final losses? They either have a genuine collective mental imbalance (which should be given our sympathy) or they are a bunch of eternal losers (which should be given our eternal, unabashed mockery).

I will take our three Scottish cups in 25 years over their one thanks

4 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Also - when did Greenock Morton make the semis? 🤔

Must include the League Cup.

Sheep beat them in a Semi at Hampden in 2016.

2 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

I'm pretty sure the individual Football associations  decide  rather than eufa, could be wrong though?

Correct we changed it fairly recently so that the cup runner up no longer got a European spot and it was done at association level

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Apparently that wee lassie they have up front that scored v 10 men Motherwell is the 2nd coming.  I want him crying like a baby in the tunnel before getting on the pitch. Get these tramps beaten before they’ve kicked a ball. Beat them in the semi and it will finish a lot of the tramps 

exactly this ,the last 2 times we rammed them at Hampden they were beat in the pre match warm up HHGH

11 minutes ago, Boab said:

It's UEFA though so...!

I actually disagree Boab.  I hate how coming 4th is seen as winning in England.  I actually heard some pundit suggest that Man United's champions league game recently wasn't a priority as they should be focusing on attaining top 4!!!! (so they can qualify for the champions league.... erm....).

Winning silverware should hold more weight than coming third.  I know it seems different in Scotland cos coming third is realistically the best anyone can do out with the uglies, but still winning a cup should give a bigger prize.  I know the argument of 38 games vs 5 etc, but I'd also argue that's the magic of the cup.

I mean, get it royally round them, but if St J had won the cup this year and got the windfall of group stage euro football, in all honesty that's a good story.  Ross County, ICT, Killie, all these teams could have with better timing have had a good windfall.  I like that.  Except we need to make sure it's always us!!!!

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not sure about this.  There's also an argument for players prefering to play to keep sharp.  And our players, man for man, being better than them, 2 games in a week so we can also suss them out, show them who's boss.  Our lads will want that.

Curve ball is our injuries.  I'd think Cam and Souttar will be borderline if they can make it, so there'll be decisions to be made.  Ideally if both are approaching fit, you'd have the week before to give them some game time.  But is a derby the time to do that?  And then do you throw them in cold in a semi??  I'd want them both in the team,  but only if all cylinders. 

Rick Sanchez

I'm probably in the minority but I would play a second string in the league. If not I'd definitely rest Halkett, McKay and Boyce.

Maybe even Simms from that onion headed thug.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure about this.  There's also an argument for players prefering to play to keep sharp.  And our players, man for man, being better than them, 2 games in a week so we can also suss them out, show them who's boss.  Our lads will want that.

Curve ball is our injuries.  I'd think Cam and Souttar will be borderline if they can make it, so there'll be decisions to be made.  Ideally if both are approaching fit, you'd have the week before to give them some game time.  But is a derby the time to do that?  And then do you throw them in cold in a semi??  I'd want them both in the team,  but only if all cylinders. 

I fear something like the Dundee United game but as long as we are smart with our five substitutes then hopefully we can give some key players game time and get them safely back in the changing room before they get injured by the Hibs haddies 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I fear something like the Dundee United game but as long as we are smart with our five substitutes then hopefully we can give some key players game time and get them safely back in the changing room before they get injured by the Hibs haddies 

You know for a fact that Porteous and Newell will be looking to injure.

What's the deal with suspensions from the derby in to the semi??  Straight red would mean suspension but two yellows wouldn't????

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm probably in the minority but I would play a second string in the league. If not I'd definitely rest Halkett, McKay and Boyce.

Maybe even Simms from that onion headed thug.

Yeah that was similar to what I was thinking.  Pick the cup team and keep a lot of them fit so different league set up.  

Just now, TheBigO said:

You know for a fact that Porteous and Newell will be looking to injure.

What's the deal with suspensions from the derby in to the semi??  Straight red would mean suspension but two yellows wouldn't????

They absolutely will yes

Yes I think so if it is dangerous foul play then a suspension is two games over all domestic competitions I think

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Do we have someone we can sacrifice in the league game to take out Porteous?. Not because I fear him. He just deserves to miss out on the semi and he’s a cheat.

39 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Celtic - 28
Hibs - 18
Rangers - 12
Aberdeen - 11
Hearts - 9
Dundee Utd - 5
St Johnstone - 5
Falkirk - 4
Motherwell - 4
St Mirren - 4
Inverness CT - 3
Kilmarnock - 2
Livingston - 2
Ross County - 2
Ayr - 1
Greenock Morton - 1

amazing how often they don’t draw Celtic or Rangers before Hampden

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Do we have someone we can sacrifice in the league game to take out Porteous?. Not because I fear him. He just deserves to miss out on the semi and he’s a cheat.

It's a funny one cos my first instinct is, no way, I want him playing, he's a total liability.  Likely red card (if a ref EVER does their job) and even more likely couple of chances from him.

On the other hand, sad as it is, he's their talisman.  If they lost him, I think it would affect them.  Even their fans heids would go down.

Fact is, we need no favours.  Any version of our best team turns up against any version of theirs, ref does his job, the game's done.  Only luck and cheating gives them a chance.  I guess we can only really hope neither comes in to it.

Just now, R1874 said:

amazing how often they don’t draw Celtic or Rangers before Hampden

That's the thing, they had some diddy runs.  We seeemed to get Celtic early every year for a while.

Maybe wrong there but that's how it seemed.

It's the draw I wanted, it's why we love and support our team.

Rather have nerves and sleepless nights as ach well nowt to play for.

Bring it on.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

That's the thing, they had some diddy runs.  We seeemed to get Celtic early every year for a while.

Maybe wrong there but that's how it seemed.

there was something like 3 seasons in a row the first chance we could we got celtic in both cups

colinmaroon

Rationale for draw fix.

If Uglies kept apart chances of both in final at risk.  Must have the m meeting so. . . .

Why dates not announced?

Waiting to see if Rangers get through?  Why?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's a funny one cos my first instinct is, no way, I want him playing, he's a total liability.  Likely red card (if a ref EVER does their job) and even more likely couple of chances from him.

On the other hand, sad as it is, he's their talisman.  If they lost him, I think it would affect them.  Even their fans heids would go down.

Fact is, we need no favours.  Any version of our best team turns up against any version of theirs, ref does his job, the game's done.  Only luck and cheating gives them a chance.  I guess we can only really hope neither comes in to it.

He’s a more effective cheat than he is player though.

Thats my concern

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

That shouldn’t be necessary! They should give it all for the badge, club and fans.

On the other hand Hibs fans must be worried given their current injury list and all the recent Derby matches including Hampden meetings.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He’s a more effective cheat than he is player though.

Thats my concern

100% he is.  And the only way they win is to cheat us.  For that alone, him out maybe good.  Thing is, if his cheating fails, it'd be majestic, so for that, want him in!

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Rationale for draw fix.

If Uglies kept apart chances of both in final at risk.  Must have the m meeting so. . . .

Why dates not announced?

Waiting to see if Rangers get through?  Why?

the last point about dates is if rangers get through in the EL they have to play sunday. yes they could make the decision that the OF one is the sunday just now but it might require discussions with the police first

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Just realised I'm in Berlin for the semi finals 😫

Don't worry mate, I'm off on my jollies in Valencia when it's on. Couldn't give a f *** as know I'll be going to a cup final.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I genuinely wouldn’t just say this.

I think we looked the best team out of the 4 that got through.

Appreciate that won’t necessarily replicate itself into the semis but we’ve maybe got some form again at the perfect time.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, dannymack said:

Remind me how the games have went so far against them this season ?

2 draws, still shite tho and they are not as good as the OF. 

Unless you think otherwise? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Semi final - Hearts v Hibs Sat 16/4 ko 12:15 - ticket thread ( updated )