Big John Souttar

Thomaso

The Sun reporting that Hearts don't think it's a serious injury.

Have to laugh that every article about Souttar, no matter the source or issue, has him as 'Rangers bound' as if that's the biggest concern.  🙄🤣

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Factuer Moi

• Jambo 4 Ever

No longer active
38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Souttar injured himself making a crazy challenge, he must realise he can’t take that risk for the team and himself going forward. 
Hope he and the others are back soon, still not seen what actually happened to GMS or a proper angle on Cochranes head knock.

I think you can see GMS being kicked (accidentally) on the hand in the sport scene coverage. I was fairly close to him when the physio was treating him on his right hand. I think he broke it! A6E31A33-842A-4E29-8667-2250D856B96E.thumb.jpeg.e4de90a9731b49f67007eb67ce97efed.jpeg

Edited by George Cowie

The fact Souttar walked off the pitch would suggest that it isn't the same injury that he had previously. If he had done his Achilles then he would have been stretchered off.

john thomas
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The Sun reporting that Hearts don't think it's a serious injury.

Have to laugh that every article about Souttar, no matter the source or issue, has him as 'Rangers bound' as if that's the biggest concern.  🙄🤣

It is their biggest , and only , concern

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

I think you can see GMS being kicked (accidentally) on the hand in the sport scene coverage. I was fairly close to him when the physio was treating him on his right hand. I think he broke it! A6E31A33-842A-4E29-8667-2250D856B96E.thumb.jpeg.e4de90a9731b49f67007eb67ce97efed.jpeg

Cheers will watch it again. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It was a bizarre challenge.  A complete brain fart.  Stand up and he’s going no where

Ended up costing the win also, can’t make those challenges for us never mind the level he might be playing at next season. 

No longer active

And the Souttar injury is definitely on his weak ankle. You can see him pointing to where it hurts in this photo I took!

626F77A2-BD70-4069-8BD7-D15BFE7EA973.jpeg

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

And the Souttar injury is definitely on his weak ankle. You can see him pointing to where it hurts in this photo I took!

626F77A2-BD70-4069-8BD7-D15BFE7EA973.jpeg

That’s interesting as it was his right he made the challenge with, as SN said up there hopefully just a wee tweak of the problem he’s had since January. 

No longer active
3 minutes ago, Mahroon said:

Did you watch the game or just take photos of everybody 

Let me know where you were sitting and I’ll have a look ?

Seriously, the players all went down for treatment right in front of me. I took about 5 or 6 shots whilst The game was stopped! I’ve got shots of Devlin too - injured !  

Jambo_jim2001

Is it me or do the players nowadays seem to be more fragile,or are the medical folk more aware now,and the players act on it?

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Is it me or do the players nowadays seem to be more fragile,or are the medical folk more aware now,and the players act on it?

I reckon it's more that medical staff are more on the ball. Players may not be risked with knocks as much these days, but in general it results in much longer careers for players than back in the day.

59 minutes ago, john thomas said:

It is their biggest , and only , concern

Therefore also their smallest concern

john thomas
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ended up costing the win also, can’t make those challenges for us never mind the level he might be playing at next season. 

Hardly typical of Souttar ?

Even the best players make mistakes 

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

He has been one of our best players this season so can be forgiven for the odd mistake. Didn't think he had his best game on Saturday, was a little sloppy in the first half with his distribution and then the penalty incident. I don't think he was aware of the Utd player closing in, where as if you watch it you can see what was going to happen a mile off. 

Halliday doing his second job of media mouthpiece saying it is Souttar's Achilles.  

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Kind of. 

2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

I reckon it's more that medical staff are more on the ball. Players may not be risked with knocks as much these days, but in general it results in much longer careers for players than back in the day.

Definitely. 
These new boots offer little protection also. The game is a lot quicker as players become better athletes and the football calendar rarely gives most players more than 4 weeks off. 

Players these days are wrapped in cotton wool and prance about like primadonnas. Thats whats changed.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

No I didn’t say it was, maybe why it stood out. 
Mistakes yes, this was an extremely bad error though and also led to him going off and cost us two points. 
He has to learn he can’t do that for us or if he gets another chance with Scotland or in next years CL was my point. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
6 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

I'd actually heard he'd had both legs amputated.

Neilson hopeful he'll at least make the bench this weekend.

How can he make the bench if he’s got no legs.

A bench without legs is just a plank of wood.

4 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

The fact Souttar walked off the pitch would suggest that it isn't the same injury that he had previously. If he had done his Achilles then he would have been stretchered off.

Facially he didn’t look great coming off on Saturday. Seemed very upset, said something to Neilson but couldn’t pick up what it was. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I didn’t say it was, maybe why it stood out. 
Mistakes yes, this was an extremely bad error though and also led to him going off and cost us two points. 
He has to learn he can’t do that for us or if he gets another chance with Scotland or in next years CL was my point. 

How did it cost us two points? It was 1-1, when we conceded the penalty.

30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How did it cost us two points? It was 1-1, when we conceded the penalty.

Eh? 🤣

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Halliday doing his second job of media mouthpiece saying it is Souttar's Achilles.  

EEN confirmed it’s an ankle injury

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Eh? 🤣

If there was no penalty and the score remained 1-1 we still drop 2pts. 

Just now, John Findlay said:

If there was no penalty and the score remained 1-1 we still drop 2pts. 

But the score didn’t remain 1-1 🤷‍♂️

Chillidigits

Could Rangers change their minds about taking him if they think an injury makes him a bad investment or are all sides committed to the move happening ?

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

But the score didn’t remain 1-1 🤷‍♂️

No it didn't it went 2-1 to Dundee United at which point we were getting no points.

33 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Could Rangers change their minds about taking him if they think an injury makes him a bad investment or are all sides committed to the move happening ?

Doubtful but I'd be interested to see how that would play out tbh. 

Tommy Brown

I heard it's a calf injury. He has a quite small calf.

He believe won't play this week as he has a week aff.

:peepwall:

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Chillidigits said:

I would imagine they will have a clause in the PCA relating specifically to the Achilles, given his injury history and the significant liability it entails. If it’s something else they might stick with him but if it’s that they’ll almost certainly bin. 

1 hour ago, George Cowie said:

John Souttar Injury

Thought I would add this… John Souttar being treated at Tannadice

You cannae pull your toes towards you if you've done your achilles.

Who knew Halliday was an ignorant fud who should shut his mouth.