Big John Souttar

Thomaso

1 hour ago, naeclue said:

Is Souttar still on penalties? Will we boo our own guy as he strolls up for the pen?

Bet365.  1st goalscorer 50/1

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Factuer Moi

• Jambo 4 Ever

I didn't boo last week and, of course, agree with the op about Wednesday.

Hearts winning is the be all...and getting right behind the entire team is the way to go.

Three points from this game could turn out to be a major turning point in the story of Heart of Midlothian in the 2020's.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Right guys if you boo’ed Souttar against St Johnstone you have made your point. I totally understand and share the anger and frustrations and I think our feelings on his actions were made crystal clear to him.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us against a team we despise, so we need to set aside the issues surrounding Souttar and give all our players 100% backing for the whole 90 minutes and that includes John Souttar!

Why change a winning side, we were fairly solid at back on Saturday, I think Smith and Halkett are better defenders and Haring is a better passer, so why play Souttar, put him on the bench I suggest!

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Right guys if you boo’ed Souttar against St Johnstone you have made your point. I totally understand and share the anger and frustrations and I think our feelings on his actions were made crystal clear to him.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us against a team we despise, so we need to set aside the issues surrounding Souttar and give all our players 100% backing for the whole 90 minutes and that includes John Souttar!

Agree but he can do one. 🐀 

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Reported for apostrophe offenses.

Completely agree. Well said.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 that’s all that’s allowed. 

Aye. Hostilities need to be ceased for tomorrow night at least. Every man in a maroon jersey should receive 100% backing from all our fans. 

Celtic are the enemy tomorrow. Let's direct all our abuse in their direction. 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can I still shout snakey ******* and Hun ***** at him?

Of course, I will join you. 

Agree for as long as he is still at Hearts, but it will be back to booing/hissing and calling him a snake/rat when he pulls on that blue shirt and returns to tynie.

Bazzas right boot

Celtic will sing "you hun *******" at him just to get a rise from us. 

The thing is, technically they'll be correct! 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can I still shout snakey ******* and Hun ***** at him?

Only if you are a Real fan

Guest ToqueJambo

Agreed. If you boo Souttar in maroon you're also booing the likes of Gordon who have stood up for him. Booing his name when it's read out - seems reasonable for those who still have to let out their pent up boos - then focusing on the game is probably a better approach.

2 hours ago, Kxf51 said:

It would surprise me, 4 goals in 6 years ? I think, says he won't,.

Just for clarification

I meant in the event , unlikely as you say , he scores wouldn't be surprised if he got booed

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Will keep my Booing until he returns in a Blue shirt

You have your booing on a pre contract arrangement till the 2022-23 season, best watch you don't breach it tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, ollie2004 said:

Why change a winning side, we were fairly solid at back on Saturday, I think Smith and Halkett are better defenders and Haring is a better passer, so why play Souttar, put him on the bench I suggest!

We were “fairly solid” against a Junior team! We need our best players against Celtic and Souttar is one of them.

Are you allowed to boo the booing? It could end up like a Blackadder scene. Someone boos and I boo the booer, then someone boos me for booing the booer and what do we have? Boo boo

joondalupjambo

No matter I am having a couple of quid on him to score first or anytime in 90 minutes.  Cannot resist it just in case.  What a hoot if he scored and ran to the front of Section N and just gave a wee wave and bowed 😀

1 minute ago, JWL said:

Are you allowed to boo the booing? It could end up like a Blackadder scene. Someone boos and I boo the booer, then someone boos me for booing the booer and what do we have? Boo boo

booing-1.jpg

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Absolutely 

Let’s no make any more drama from this. It can only distract from our efforts ongoing, and will be exactly what Rangers want to happen.

Get behind the selected team, to a man.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The first goal he allegedly scored was on own goal, even with that 7 career goals with one a penalty means it’s unlikely he will score tomorrow but let’s hope he does.

I'm hoping for a hat trick and a half a million quid as a going away present😉

Edited by 1953

coatbridgejambo
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Perfectly said.

I must admit I was all set to be one of the boo boys last week but when it all started it just didn't feel right. Can see it effecting the rest of the team if it continues 

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

This

anyone who does boo him tomorrow is clearly not a hearts supporter 

51 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agreed. If you boo Souttar in maroon you're also booing the likes of Gordon who have stood up for him. Booing his name when it's read out - seems reasonable for those who still have to let out their pent up boos - then focusing on the game is probably a better approach.

This 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, briever said:

Sorry but that is pish.

i agree.. but still don’t boo.. 

plenty of time to boo JS at a later date 

8 minutes ago, briever said:

Sorry but that is pish.

Agree to disagree and I know I’m not alone

anyone who continues to boo a player playing for us is not a proper hearts supporter 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

I'm hoping for a hat trick and a half a million quid as a going away present😉

That would do nicely 

He'll be trying hard to impress his new zombie masters no doubt. If that means they're more likely to stump up the fee then fine, otherwise boo!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JWL said:

No just clap 😆

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

That’s a tough call……3-0 up and the ref blows for full time 😁

Be a good problem to face IMO

Fire_At_The_Disco

The op reckons he’s everyone’s Da, he’s a snake and even if I don’t boo, I will be booing inside. He’s chosen to be a hun and will quite happily walk away from us like we owe him. He’s a rat and inside I will be booing and I won’t be the only one. Thanks for the advice though ya rocket. 

40 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

anyone who continues to boo a player playing for us is not a proper hearts supporter 

He's not getting booed for no reason, he brought it on himself signing for the main competition to our own plans. He knows everything about Us , look a the state of affairs he hasn't left yet. All the talk about being a Hearts player , while signing a contract with one of the most dominant teams in football. Something is up with you and whoever else thinks along the romantic lines. The proper and real fan talk is for ponces wallflowers , those proper fans have done way more than boo Hearts players  staff owners. I remember sitting behind the goals school end, can't remember who we had played that day, with some hundreds of Jambos  refused to leave and sat down on the terracing. We are also the same fans who were there when a metal object the length of a javelin was thrown at Mercer. These are small examples of what the proper fan is all about, Souttar is lucky those fans have grown up  into fine Jambos who support fund the club through thick and thin. The proper or real fan talk is total guff talk. If we have gripes we show them. I am sure the fence had been ripped down behind the goal.

Edited by Factuer Moi

Fire_At_The_Disco
34 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Is that a fact?, another one who thinks that people shouldn't make their own minds up. I reckon your the one who is not a “proper Hearts supporter”, just a wee mouth on the forum. 

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Just for clarification

I meant in the event , unlikely as you say , he scores wouldn't be surprised if he got booed

I want him gone, but wouldnt mind him scoring the winner😄that would be embarrassing, the booings been done and understood hopefully.

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

anyone who does boo him tomorrow is clearly not a hearts supporter 

You wouldn’t know a Hearts supporter if one fell in your soup. 

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

:greatpost:

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

He's not getting booed for no reason, he brought it on himself signing for the main competition to our own plans. He knows everything about Us , look a the state of affairs he hasn't left yet. All the talk about being a Hearts player , while signing a contract with one of the most dominant teams in football. Something is up with you and whoever else thinks along the romantic lines. The proper and real fan talk is for ponces wallflowers , those proper fans have done way more than boo Hearts players  staff owners. I remember sitting behind the goals school end, can't remember who we had played that day, with some hundreds of Jambos  refused to leave and sat down on the terracing. We are also the same fans who were there when a metal object the length of a javelin was thrown at Mercer. These are small examples of what the proper fan is all about, Souttar is lucky those fans have grown up  into fine Jambos who support fund the club through thick and thin. The proper or real fan talk is total guff talk. If we have gripes we show them. I am sure the fence had been ripped down behind the goal.

Nothing to do with being a proper fan, boo-ing your own player more than I've heard someone like Scott Brown get booed at Tynecastle is simply self-defeating and not very bright. They've made their point. They actually made it when his name was read out in the last game and it should have ended there.

25 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

People need to get over it

booing will have no positive affect on hearts so what’s the point

it certainly won’t change souttars mind either 

As someone who was completely behind the principle of booing him in his first game after signing, I completely agree with the OP.

The point was made, no harm was done and the message has been delivered to ratboy.  

The team comes first, let's get torn into Celtic