• Factuer Moi

• Jambo 4 Ever

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ked said:

How do you know the poster is Rangers?

He's been open with it. 

Do keep up, or at least try. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Don't care what anyone thinks of him.  As long as he is doing his job he's important for us for rest of season.  Sometimes we have to just live the here and now.

JamboRossi79
36 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Don't care what anyone thinks of him.  As long as he is doing his job he's important for us for rest of season.  Sometimes we have to just live the here and now.

There's a good argument that once 3rd is sewn up then he shouldn't play again and we give game time to Sibbick alongside Halkett so they can start forming a partnership for next season.

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

There's a good argument that once 3rd is sewn up then he shouldn't play again and we give game time to Sibbick alongside Halkett so they can start forming a partnership for next season.

Only if we get knocked out of the cup.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's been open with it. 

Do keep up, or at least try. 

I wasnt aware hence I asked.

You are wound up tight are ye no?

SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Not going to open the link, but if John has damaged his Achilles again, it will give me no pleasure. The guy deserves some luck with his career.

It would be interesting to see the reaction from Rangers and their cheerleaders in the Scottish sports media.

It also severely damages our chances of winning the cup. We should finish third comfortably enough, so Hearts decision to keep John, to enhance our chances of earning more money by European qualification than Rangers' cut price fee offer, stands good.

A_A wehatethehibs

If its a serious Achilles injury, an absolute tragedy for him, as his top tier career would probably be as good as over. Given what they are paying him, Rangers would have a clause for this specific thing in the PCA and likely pull out. They’d not honour it. As for Hearts we’d have no choice to cut our losses. For Johns sake I hope Halliday was just speculating, or not fully accurate, and maybe just a bit of inflammation / knock. 

Even if this isn’t a serious injury it does highlight the reasons for him looking for a move. I still think Rangers were the wrong club both financially and for this very reason that they’re in no position to sign an injured player and support his rehabilitation. I’m certain he’d have got more money and support from an English championship side.

Ex member of the SaS

As much as I don't ever want a professional player to get a career ending injury, I am pleased that he has signed for them and we don't have to be the ones taking care of him again. If they do back out that is between him, them and his agent, we are thankfully clear of any responsibility. We done right by him before but this could be costly.

Will severely dent our chances of winning the cup if he is out for the season. I thought it might be his ankle again as it was more from the tackle thank anything else. When he has done his Achilles in the past he has went down with no one near him. I think if it was that, he wouldn't have been walking off the pitch in the way he did. 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Even if this isn’t a serious injury it does highlight the reasons for him looking for a move. I still think Rangers were the wrong club both financially and for this very reason that they’re in no position to sign an injured player and support his rehabilitation. I’m certain he’d have got more money and support from an English championship side.

He wanted to stay in Scotland. Think we can read between the lines, that he wanted to move to Rangers in January and for Hearts to get some money. Probably just wanted to make his move then, while he was fully 100%. Didn’t want to wait. That was why the PCA went public. It would only have been done with johns agreement. Other players sign PCA and want it kept confidential to the end of the season. Announcing it in Jan was an attempt to make the move happen then. And it’s perfectly understandable when you look at what he’s been through.

It’s a nightmare for Souttar, hopefully he’ll have the physical and mental strength to come back from this again.

pettigrewsstylist
On 04/03/2022 at 12:35, JamboRossi79 said:

Ridiculous if we dont. Unless we have cup run to consider.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

StirlingJambo

Hopefully not as we’re all wanting a cup run. If it is the case I’d rather see Haring replace him rather than Sibbick or Taylor for remainder of the season.

2 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Hopefully not as we’re all wanting a cup run. If it is the case I’d rather see Haring replace him rather than Sibbick or Taylor for remainder of the season.

once we no longer have a need for Soutter we need to be pairing Sibbick with Halkett ASAP for prep for next season.

Sibbick was signed to replace Soutter. Taylor is on loan, and Haring is only emergency CB cover.

Before we write him off for the season, I'd hold off and see what the club says.  Seemed to me like Halliday was exaggerating the injuries when listing them so as to make it sound like it was a wild game, which it was.  It didn't look anything like an achilles injury he's suffered before, he stayed on the pitch for a few minutes and walked off.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Haring will be needed in midfield. Devlin is out as well possibly for he season. 

It’s Sibbick who would slot in and hopefully look more comfortable alongside Halkett. Halks is now the most important player at the club.

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

once we no longer have a need for Soutter we need to be pairing Sibbick with Halkett ASAP for prep for next season.

Sibbick was signed to replace Soutter. Taylor is on loan, and Haring is only emergency CB cover.

"Have a plan to replace Souttar, looking for two more centre-backs"

Above was posted on the AGM thread and apparently discussed at yesterdays meeting. I'm not convinced Sibbick will replace Souttar long term but time will tell.

25 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He wanted to stay in Scotland. Think we can read between the lines, that he wanted to move to Rangers in January and for Hearts to get some money. Probably just wanted to make his move then, while he was fully 100%. Didn’t want to wait. That was why the PCA went public. It would only have been done with johns agreement. Other players sign PCA and want it kept confidential to the end of the season. Announcing it in Jan was an attempt to make the move happen then. And it’s perfectly understandable when you look at what he’s been through.

It’s his choice to stay in Scotland that part I can agree with the rest I’m not buying. Rangers announced the PCA to force our hand to sell him. If what you say had been the plan then Hearts Souttar and Rangers would’ve agree a transfer with no need for a PCA.

On 04/03/2022 at 12:35, JamboRossi79 said:

Sibbick and Halkett are 100% not our centre-back pairing for next season. Both are right sided players. We are looking to sign one or two left sided centre-backs in the summer. If we have to play without Souttar for the rest of the season it will be Halkett and Kingsley if it’s four at the back and it will be Sibbick, Halkett and Kingsley if it’s three. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

"Have a plan to replace Souttar, looking for two more centre-backs"

Above was posted on the AGM thread and apparently discussed at yesterdays meeting. I'm not convinced Sibbick will replace Souttar long term but time will tell.

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sibbick and Halkett are 100% not our centre-back pairing for next season. Both are right sided players. We are looking to sign one or two left sided centre-backs in the summer. If we have to play without Souttar for the rest of the season it will be Halkett and Kingsley if it’s four at the back and it will be Sibbick, Halkett and Kingsley if it’s three. 

Thanks for educating me guys. I'd thought Sibbick was brought in to play CB.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The poster said “a partnership” not the partnership. Halkett as the pivot man in the middle, has 2 partnerships. 1 on his left 1 on his right. At this moment AFAIK he has not yet started with Sibbick at RCB, so they do need to get some games together to form a partnership. 

Just now, lou said:

Sorry if I have missed it, but is Smith due back soon?

Last I heard was 'can't put a timescale on it' - not sure if there's been any updates.

Nelly Terraces

Think I'll wait to any official news, you know, like from the actual football club itself, on any injuries (Souttar included) before indulging in idle speculation about the extent of them on the internet.

36 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Halks is now the most important player at the club.

Did you ever think you'd be saying that now vs your thoughts in August?

He's definitely improved tremendously this season.

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Think I'll wait to any official news, you know, like from the actual football club itself, on any injuries (Souttar included) before indulging in idle speculation about the extent of them on the internet.

I'd actually heard he'd had both legs amputated.

Neilson hopeful he'll at least make the bench this weekend.

heisenberg86

Looked like he rolled his ankle when he put that tackle in on Saturday, if he done his Achilles again he’d have been in bits on the park before he came off. Think it was a simple mistake by Halliday on the podcast tbf, hopefully Souttar isn’t out for too long because although I hate the way he’s leaving he’s been tremendous since the move was announced 

StirlingJambo
51 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Haring will be needed in midfield. Devlin is out as well possibly for he season. 

It’s Sibbick who would slot in and hopefully look more comfortable alongside Halkett. Halks is now the most important player at the club.

Yeh I get we might need him in in there, I’m just thinking as we’re at home maybe try McEneff in midfield with Beni and put Haring in at centre back with Halkett.

For me Sibbick hasn’t looked upto it so far that’s not to say he’ll not become a good player for us. I just think with it being our biggest game of the season we shouldn’t be throwing in a player who hasn’t had a good game for us  since his return.

StevenNaismith

Spoke to JS this morning, nothing to do with his achilles. He twisted his ankle when conceding the penalty. Same ankle he hurt in January. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Thanks for educating me guys. I'd thought Sibbick was brought in to play CB.

Two right footed players play together all the time, Souttar and Halkett for example.  
We currently have 5 CBs in the squad, with Souttar and Moore away they will need replaced next season.  
Sibbick was signed to play in the defence and will do so moving forward. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

bigsuperslim1874
6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Spoke to JS this morning, nothing to do with his achilles. He twisted his ankle when conceding the penalty. Same ankle he hurt in January. 

Good news. Anything to add re Devlin…is it a season-ender?

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Two right footed players play together all the time, Souttar and Halkett for example.  
We currently have 5 CBs in the squad, with Souttar and Moore away they will need replaced next season.  
Sibbick was signed to play in the defence and will do so moving forward. 

👍

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That should be his last episode, divulging information like this isn’t on. 

Possible he’s been told to say it to keep St Mirren guessing ?

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s wait and see as personally I don’t think he would come out with all that if it were true 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Possible he’s been told to say it to keep St Mirren guessing ?

Saying nothing would keep them guessing, he’s confirmed that GMS broke his hand which was speculated on and that Atkinson will be ok. Two things they didn’t know. No other teams players are allowed to divulge this sort of information. It has to stop. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Let’s wait and see as personally I don’t think he would come out with all that if it were true 

It was on last night, I’m sure someone who listens to these Fannie’s could confirm it easily. 

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I like Halliday as a player but his indiscreet media profile really irritates me.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I like Halliday as a player but his indiscreet media profile really irritates me.

I’m not that keen on anything about him to be honest. 

Pasquale for King

Souttar injured himself making a crazy challenge, he must realise he can’t take that risk for the team and himself going forward. 
Hope he and the others are back soon, still not seen what actually happened to GMS or a proper angle on Cochranes head knock.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Souttar injured himself making a crazy challenge, he must realise he can’t take that risk for the team and himself going forward. 
Hope he and the others are back soon, still not seen what actually happened to GMS or a proper angle on Cochranes head knock.

It was a bizarre challenge.  A complete brain fart.  Stand up and he’s going no where

The White Cockade

Looked like GMS broke a finger or his wrist 

mid it’s finger would guess he won’t be out too long 

If it’s his wrist obviously longer 

Looked like Souttar banged his ankle in the challenge 

Cochrane bang on the head so going through concussion protocols 

Atkinson and Ginnelly no idea

Just going by what I saw watching match in Hearts tv

Souttar obviously the biggest miss but GMS looked quite sharp so shame he’s out for a bit