Big John Souttar

Thomaso

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

People need to get over it

booing will have no positive affect on hearts so what’s the point

it certainly won’t change souttars mind either 

You do not get it at all, were you ever in or near the shed ? 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Factuer Moi

• Jambo 4 Ever

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nothing to do with being a proper fan, boo-ing your own player more than I've heard someone like Scott Brown get booed at Tynecastle is simply self-defeating and not very bright. They've made their point. They actually made it when his name was read out in the last game and it should have ended there.

I'm against the use of Proper or Real fan though. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nothing to do with being a proper fan, boo-ing your own player more than I've heard someone like Scott Brown get booed at Tynecastle is simply self-defeating and not very bright. They've made their point. They actually made it when his name was read out in the last game and it should have ended there.

Agree. It’s self-defeating, creates a toxic atmosphere and makes us all look a bit daft. We need to get behind the team (the whole team) tomorrow.

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Right guys if you boo’ed Souttar against St Johnstone you have made your point. I totally understand and share the anger and frustrations and I think our feelings on his actions were made crystal clear to him.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us against a team we despise, so we need to set aside the issues surrounding Souttar and give all our players 100% backing for the whole 90 minutes and that includes John Souttar!

Completely agree. Need to stick together tomorrow & get behind the team. That’s all that matters. 

6 hours ago, Taffin said:

Boo/don't boo/clap/don't clap him. Do whatever you want imo.

Personally I'd go in for a good booing when his name's read out and leave it at that 

This is where I am as well…. Unless he makes a horrible mistake or doesn’t appear to be trying.

Points been made. Pointless booing tomorrow. We need to get behind all the players, this game tomorrow is very winnable. This Celtic team hold no fears for me. 

55 minutes ago, henry said:

Points been made. Pointless booing tomorrow. We need to get behind all the players, this game tomorrow is very winnable. This Celtic team hold no fears for me. 

Amen. 

If he plays might Celtic, shall we say, dish out some physical challenges in his direction  (a) "that's what you get son for helping to strengthen our greatest rivals. (b)" and for scoring the winner the last time and so near the end that we didn't have time to nobble you for it"

If we are getting beat tonight Souttar will be the guy everyone turns on.

Could do without the fans turning on their own player.

If I was Robbie I would not play him imo.

New player in the stands taking in the game, most rancid supporters in the away end, huge game for us if we were to get three points, surely the fans will realise there is more to concentrate on than booing Souttar.

Point has been made, I’ll not be booing!

13 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

New player in the stands taking in the game, most rancid supporters in the away end, huge game for us if we were to get three points, surely the fans will realise there is more to concentrate on than booing Souttar.

Point has been made, I’ll not be booing!

Jambos Booing Clapping Souttar thing is over in the most , there will be those who will partake in it though. Those who do it intentionally for a buzz or get it in the press again. Then there is the away support , who are reduced to the size of a chapel choir. I booed Nando at Livi, the only time i have done booed a player at the club during a game. Most of it here is drink induced on my part, also the banter of it at times is comedy gold. Booing is allowed though in general, never know who might get booed tonight. Booing and clapping is not outlawed. You may find yourself taking part later on today .

Edited by Factuer Moi

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

anyone who does boo him tomorrow is clearly not a hearts supporter 

So any boos are not better than specific, targeted boos!!

I'm confused now. 

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Also we don’t want to be like Celtic fans who will boo him too 

Is any fan not better than no fan? 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Can I still boo at home?

Or is this a question for my neighbours?

If your neighbours say no, boo them Instead 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Is any fan not better than no fan? 

Sometimes an out of place boo does the trick, Wait till Souttar is far from the ball and Boo like ****, apparently for no reason. No what, the proper real fan talk riles me.

Edited by Factuer Moi

18 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

He's not getting booed for no reason

In the pedantic spirit of this thread, please refrain from double negatives. 😜

Can we sneak a boo into a song? Can’t think of any apart from that pile of wank “Yessir I can BOOOOOgie”.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

If he plays might Celtic, shall we say, dish out some physical challenges in his direction  (a) "that's what you get son for helping to strengthen our greatest rivals. (b)" and for scoring the winner the last time and so near the end that we didn't have time to nobble you for it"

What big bad Celtic player is going to administer this? 

Every team on the planet have some players who from time to time indulge in a bit of thuggery and JS might be a target. We'll maybe get a bit of what Alloa apparently gave them. Hope I'm wrong.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Every team on the planet have some players who from time to time indulge in a bit of thuggery and JS might be a target. We'll maybe get a bit of what Alloa apparently gave them. Hope I'm wrong.

Alloa probably felt they had to be more physical as they can't compete with Celtic in terms  technical, speed, athleteiscm, fitness, awareness and general football ability. 

Celtic won't approach a game v Hearts the same way Alloa approach a game v Celtic ffs. 

You on the bingo? 

48 minutes ago, westbow said:

In the pedantic spirit of this thread, please refrain from double negatives. 😜

Can we sneak a boo into a song? Can’t think of any apart from that pile of wank “Yessir I can BOOOOOgie”.

Yeah, a song springs to mind.

If you like Soapy Souttar clap your hands,

Boo him if you think he is a *****

If you like Soapy Souttar 

Think he is super duper

if you don't then you can get to ****.

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Alloa probably felt they had to be more physical as they can't compete with Celtic in terms  technical, speed, athleteiscm, fitness, awareness and general football ability. 

Celtic won't approach a game v Hearts the same way Alloa approach a game v Celtic ffs. 

You on the bingo? 

Celtic can't afford to lose this game and on paper at least are putting out a weakened team by their standards . They may feel vulnerable and make it a more physical encounter. If they do then I hope we show we're good enough not to get sucked in and dragged down to that level.

It's up to Neilsen to not make the brainless mistake of picking him. Say that he has picked up another phantom "injury".

The team is better off without him, that was demonstrated on Saturday. We are always going to do better with players who are committed to the cause than with a rat who is halfway out the door.

He should never play for Hearts again. If he does, he will get boo'ed and that is on Neilsen, no one else.

Edited by Niall

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Celtic can't afford to lose this game and on paper at least are putting out a weakened team by their standards . They may feel vulnerable and make it a more physical encounter. If they do then I hope we show we're good enough not to get sucked in and dragged down to that level.

Dragged down to that level.. Which is a league placing above us? 

WTF you on about? 

Alloas approach to the celtic game has nothing to do with how Celtic will approach our game or John Souttar. 

I'm out. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

On 25/01/2022 at 14:19, Thomaso said:

Right guys if you boo’ed Souttar against St Johnstone you have made your point. I totally understand and share the anger and frustrations and I think our feelings on his actions were made crystal clear to him.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us against a team we despise, so we need to set aside the issues surrounding Souttar and give all our players 100% backing for the whole 90 minutes and that includes John Souttar!

The feck wits will no doubt do their thing again tonight

34 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dragged down to that level.. Which is a league placing above us? 

WTF you on about? 

Alloas approach to the celtic game has nothing to do with how Celtic will approach our game or John Souttar. 

I'm out. 

I'm talking about how Celtic might approach this particular game when they're not at full strength. Nothing to do with league placings. Like I said before,hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Niall said:

It's up to Neilsen to not make the brainless mistake of picking him. Say that he has picked up another phantom "injury".

The team is better off without him, that was demonstrated on Saturday. We are always going to do better with players who are committed to the cause than with a rat who is halfway out the door.

He should never play for Hearts again. If he does, he will get boo'ed and that is on Neilsen, no one else.

Will it still be a brainless mistake if he plays well & wins us points?

I get folks anger but the point was made last game. RN has stated he'll continue to play as long as he's here & he'll still give full commitment this season unless Rangers come & buy him outright, his teammates are happy to keep playing alongside him, the only folk dragging this out & turning it into a sideshow are a small group of the fans. It's done, let's get behind Hearts

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Will it still be a brainless mistake if he plays well & wins us points?

I get folks anger but the point was made last game. RN has stated he'll continue to play as long as he's here & he'll still give full commitment this season unless Rangers come & buy him outright, his teammates are happy to keep playing alongside him, the only folk dragging this out & turning it into a sideshow are a small group of the fans. It's done, let's get behind Hearts

If we win, it will be Bobs mistake we never won by more. 

A Shoreditch Heart

A great opening post and I'm really glad that someone has said it so eloquently. We're all upset and angry, but that was last week and we have to move on. Looks like Souttar might be with us for a few weeks / months more so lets be positive and no more booing of a great young footballer - c'mon The Hearts and lets beat this shower tonight !

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, brux said:

Loads still booed him when his name was announced as the scorer 

Ahhh!  The Traitor Haters!

1 minute ago, mickycameron98 said:

Class act. Professional performance tonight. Will be missed but no grudges held.

This is where I am. It's annoying he is signing for Rangers but he has been maintained his form and efforts and deserved his goal tonight. 

He has been a standout performer since he agreed his transfer. He has shown a great level of professionalism and bravery by continuing to get on the ball to try and make things happen despite the initial booing from the stands. 

He’ll be a massive loss 

hmfc_liam06
11 minutes ago, brux said:

Loads still booed him when his name was announced as the scorer 

I’d say majority was sarcasm.

FarmerTweedy
3 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Class act. Professional performance tonight. Will be missed but no grudges held.

I'm still pissed off that he's going to sevco, but as long as he keeps giving his all for us on the park, I want to see him stay in the team, and as far as I can see, he's still giving his all! 

copa-mundial

He's the best footballing centre back in the league. 

As has been said above. The games he has played in since the pre contract agreement. He's been our standout performer. 

Gutted he's going. Even more so that it's for free. It's a huge loss. 

heartsfc_fan

To be fair to him he's certainly not dropped the performance levels since the pre contact signing. He's actually in some respects got better.