*** The official St Johnstone fc vs Heart of Midlothian fc match thread ***

gregzy2k7

7 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

The minute Hearts took the stance to get into bed with the Scottish and English government's re vaccine passes seems to have had a profound negative effect on the " spirit of the club" .

Gone is the attitude which epitomised HMFC and it's spirit from which it was built. Shame on those within the club who coerced it's lifeblood into such measures.

Spirit was the foundation behind the maroon jersey built on years of history. Those in charge managed a magnificent own goal but there underlying motivation in such measures speaks  volumes! The reflection of such is what we witness today.

Years in the making destroyed in months! 

🤣

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

5A62A625-0C25-4735-BAB9-A60911A631EA.jpeg.9b4cceb2d4f7804a7aaee66f96e1fd1c.jpeg

WTF has the ugly Proclaimer brother got to do with it? 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe, but when replacing any staff member( player or manager) it's all about the replacement. 

Sacking a manager isn't even a half a plan. 

We've found that out to our cost. 

If current form continues and our table position collapses, I would put Naismith (provided he's not off to Mirren) in as interim with no rush to appoint a permanent.

It would have to be another 3-4 games of this though.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Indeed. We also look so much shakier every time Smith is out. Livingston wasn't a great game but we were reasonably composed and didn't look all over the shop.

Smith is so under rated on here. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

If current form continues and our table position collapses, I would put Naismith (provided he's not off to Mirren) in as interim with no rush to appoint a permanent.

It would have to be another 3-4 games of this though.

No chance I'd do that Tbh. 

I don't see that helping anything. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

10 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

The minute Hearts took the stance to get into bed with the Scottish and English government's re vaccine passes seems to have had a profound negative effect on the " spirit of the club" .

Gone is the attitude which epitomised HMFC and it's spirit from which it was built. Shame on those within the club who coerced it's lifeblood into such measures.

Spirit was the foundation behind the maroon jersey built on years of history. Those in charge managed a magnificent own goal but there underlying motivation in such measures speaks  volumes! The reflection of such is what we witness today.

Away and throw shite at yersel. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

No chance I'd do that Tbh. 

I don't see that helping anything. 

If current form continues into March (and I mean Dundee and today, not the Livingston game so much where we played decently or the Ibrox game which is just one of those things that happens) it starts to look like players have downed tools. That means they're tuning out the manager and at that point it's almost worse than having no manager.

Naismith knows the squad and has the reputation to shake a few results out of a squad that's gone into a collective funk. He's not a long term solution and we're still a ways off from that but unlike 3-4 weeks ago I can now see that point from here.

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

There's been loads of ridiculous posts in the past on here.

Congratulations though, you have won the,award for the most stupid post in the history of the internet.

We've been particularly awful since Sevco announced Souttar's signing followed up by a horsing in a game against them  that we looked at one point like we would equalise. 

53 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Get McEneff on, sorted 

McEneff will be away in the summer. He’s a good player but doesn’t fit in with RN’s idea of a midfielder. Our current midfield spend more time playing the ball backwards in the present defensive setup favoured by RN.

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

McEneff will be away in the summer. He’s a good player but doesn’t fit in with RN’s idea of a midfielder. Our current midfield spend more time playing the ball backwards in the present defensive setup favoured by RN.

It is frustrating

Jeffros Furios
46 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

:insufferable:

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Away and throw shite at

46 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Been drinking the wrong stuff by any chance !

Just now, One five said:

My last post not meant for you mate 

Yeah I got that 😂. The flat earther you quoted was a welcome distraction tonight. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Yeah I got that 😂. The flat earther you quoted was a welcome distraction tonight. 

Done a remarkable job—brought all the Hearts fans on this board together in agreement on something for once. No small feat.

Just now, Led Tasso said:

Done a remarkable job—brought all the Hearts fans on this board together in agreement on something for once. No small feat.

😂 very true. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
50 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

:muggy:

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

If current form continues into March (and I mean Dundee and today, not the Livingston game so much where we played decently or the Ibrox game which is just one of those things that happens) it starts to look like players have downed tools. That means they're tuning out the manager and at that point it's almost worse than having no manager.

Naismith knows the squad and has the reputation to shake a few results out of a squad that's gone into a collective funk. He's not a long term solution and we're still a ways off from that but unlike 3-4 weeks ago I can now see that point from here.

Maybe but I don't see how putting Naismith in charge reverses any misfortune.

I think you are a bit off with the downing tools part.

55 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Well it was going to take something utterly mental to cheer me up and the gods have delivered handsomely 

south morocco
1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

100%, especially away from home to the dross.

Not rocket science. Does my head in managers or coaches trying to be innovators etc , it’s the SPL and a dug fight 

J.T.F.Robertson
55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

:glorious:

And

:berra:

And

:wtfvlad:

All at the same time. 

I have no clue wtf he's getting at but will heartily agree anyhow. 👍

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

It is a serious challenge given the overabundance of strong contenders but this is absolutely the worst post I've read on JKB this season, probably in many seasons.

Congratulations, you have beaten out some very strong competition.

Only the deranged will disagree with your post.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

where was the defence for the second goal and how did we miss those sitters

If you’re going to play a high line you need to keep it until after the free kick has been taken 🤦🏽

The fact people are turning  to Michael Smith as a big miss really sums up the current state of performances/results/standards. **** me, no disrespect to Smith but I am sure even he would not believe he should make such a difference.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

The fact people are turning  to Michael Smith as a big miss really sums up the current state of performances/results/standards. **** me, no disrespect to Smith but I am sure even he would not believe he should make such a difference.

He’d be better than Sibbick at RCB. 

35 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Simms and Haring like two drunk men at the end trying to get on a bus. Just not at it. And then desperate claim for it being  over the line. Embarrassing

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’d be better than Sibbick at RCB. 

He might well be. You'd question why Sibbick is even playing there. Could Haring not have dropped back and allow Sibbick a midfield slot? Bit of energy at least.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

He might well be. You'd question why Sibbick us even playing fhere. Could Haring not have dropped back and allow Sibbick a midfield slot? Bit of energy at least.

Think he had been playing right centre back in a three at Barnsley before he was dropped. **** knows why going from what I’ve seen. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Think he had been playing right centre back in a three at Barnsley before he was dropped. **** knows why going from what I’ve seen. 

If you are in a rut why do you continue to play the same exposed formation? Games are generally controlled from the middle with the very TOP teams (not us) then exploiting the width. We have shite wing backs, form free front players yet he still wants to play 343. Swamped in midfield on a quagmire of a pitch, s heavy pitch for 2 central midfielders. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

If you are in a rut why do you continue to play the same exposed formation? Games are generally controlled from the middle with the very TOP teams (not us) then exploiting the width. We have shite wing backs, form free front players yet he still wants to play 343. Swamped in midfield on a quagmire of a pitch, s heavy pitch for 2 central midfielders. 

Fully agree. It’s not been working for weeks yet Robbie’s solution is more of the same. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Fully agree. It’s not been working for weeks yet Robbie’s solution is more of the same. 

Robbie doesn't have a flying scoobydooo what's happening. A truly one dimensional manager who struggles to cope with  rapidly changing scenarios 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He brought an extra MID in for the cup tie from recollection. I thought that made sense. This idea that we are going to  trounce anybody with width is a nonsense.

You get absolutely no feeling to  suggest there is attack v defence work on this aspect in training. Nobody in midfield makes any breakthrough to feed the wide players and as said the wing backs are undeveloped (to be kind)

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Robbie doesn't have a flying scoobydooo what's happening. A truly one dimensional manager who struggles to cope with  rapidly changing scenarios 

I just can’t really believe his unwillingness to change something that is obviously not working. He was the same last season but has learnt absolutely nothing. I’m really disappointed tbh. I honestly thought he’d have learned a bit and been more proactive. 

We_are_the_Hearts
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So about half the support that was there on a Wednesday in October turned up today? Tells a story. 

Bad weather apparently 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He brought an extra MID in for the cup tie from recollection. I thought that made sense. This idea that we are going to  trounce anybody with width is a nonsense.

You get absolutely no feeling for witnessing  anything that would suggest there is attack v defence work on this aspect in training. Nobody in midfield makes any breakthrough to feed the wide players and as said the wing backs are undeveloped to be kind.

I was saying similar in another thread. If he wants to stick with three at the back them fine. Play 3-5-2, control the midfield and the chances will come. Just make sure one of the centre mids is attack minded. Let’s face it, at least one of our wide attackers is a passenger in most games anyway. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

It's a theme atm

defend like idiots

miss a few easy chances.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So about half the support that was there on a Wednesday in October turned up today? Tells a story. 

We did sell most our main stand allocation, which can't be seen on those highlights, but yeah the support was well down from the last visit.