*** The official St Johnstone fc vs Heart of Midlothian fc match thread ***

gregzy2k7

Just now, Voxpop said:

Im talking about in general not this season. Yeah, we absolutely should secure third this season 

That’s the difference between you and me.  You think we’ll hang on to third and I don’t. If we change manager to someone who can get the best out of our players we definitely could though. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

Just now, Factuer Moi said:

I respect Ann, what went on was criminal. There is a worry it returns and ****s up everything we have tried to change. Asking questions on the designs or the authority on sacking a failing coaching set up, is serious business due to one person Craig Levein. At the end of the day Robbie is part of that blue print. Judging people at the correct time is the crucial part, we are in third there is no doubt. What we are concerned over is our complete implosion. 

Good post. Any sensible fan would hold the same view. 

4 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Im talking about in general not this season. Yeah, we absolutely should secure third this season 

Absolutely? Based on what? 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good post. Any sensible fan would hold the same view. 

I am concerned. forget Europe for now Mate, if i can call you that. No time for romantic theories, we are in the shit again. No idea what the answer or cure is. Maybe it is just a lull a fall into bad form or something. It seems to be lasting a while though. I am not advocating sacking a Hearts man, Robbie has done his part. I cannot support him any longer. I support the football club first , always and forever. Giving me the run around every game. trolling Us. 

Edited by Factuer Moi

15 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Not just today sir, it's been since start of this year,are there booing classes we can join😁 probably like you,it goes against the grain,if only we could bottle the jambos passion for our club,and make the team drink it,and live it

👍, like your thinking.

7 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I am concerned. forget Europe for now Mate, if i can call you that. No time for romantic theories, we are in the shit again. No idea what the answer or cure is. Maybe it is just a lull a fall into bad form or something. It seems to be lasting a while though. I am not advocating sacking a Hearts man, Robbie has done his part. I cannot support him any longer. I support the football club first , always and forever. Giving me the run around every game. trolling Us. 

Last season he brought players in that our rivals wouldn’t have had a chance of signing. Stuck to his tried and tested formation and became incredibly predictable and started scraping by against utter shite while the players got worse. Plenty time to change things up while we were still getting by with narrow wins. Took an emergency meeting,  after loosing to Brora and QoS,  with Joe Savage and senior players to finally change things up and give the players some belief That they could beat a bunch of second rate nobodies going into the end of the season. 

It’s all very familiar except no meeting yet and not playing against a bag of shite. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

"We're in a rut"  Robbie Neilson. 

He's correct, we are. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Well that takes care of the next few results if they are shite. 

Indeed.  Like said before I've little faith Robbie has the motivational tools to guide us out said rut.   Giving the captaincy to a prick who's signed a pre contract with the team directly above us doesn't help matters and although Craig is a miss they had a bombscare in goal today and we couldn't take advantage. 

Tickets bought for St Mirren. We are in a bad run but the players have the ability to get ourselves out of it and next weekend is a big opportunity to do that. Onwards and upwards. I understand the criticism tactically 100%, but fully believe we can turn it around and finish 3rd comfortably.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Last season he brought players in that our rivals wouldn’t have had a chance of signing. Stuck to his tried and tested formation and became incredibly predictable and started scraping by against utter shite while the players got worse. Plenty time to change things up while we were still getting by with narrow wins. Took an emergency meeting,  after loosing to Brora and QoS,  with Joe Savage and senior players to finally change things up and give the players some belief That they could beat a bunch of second rate nobodies going into the end of the season. 

It’s all very familiar except no meeting yet and not playing against a bag of shite. 

What do you see in your mind for a cure ? 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Indeed.  Like said before I've little faith Robbie has the motivational tools to guide us out said rut.   Giving the captaincy to a prick who's signed a pre contract with the team directly above us doesn't help matters and although Craig is a miss they had a bombscare in goal today and we couldn't take advantage. 

At that level you should really be self motivated. Confidence can be boosted by communication and adaptability to circumstances., though. Yeah.

Really poor result.

Really poor performance, AGAIN.

Players looked totally lost out there, some awful individual performances.

No leaders on or off the park.

Slow slow predictable play, lack of movement on and off the ball.

Again, scared to shoot....McKay does hit one from edge of area, bounces offers and we score from rebound. Can't remember any other shots.

Defending for both goals was schoolboy stuff but the second one....bad enough everyone in the box defending standing like statues with hand in air but for the goalie to fo the same.

Today's performance tbf was not much worse than many performances this season, luck just running out.

Pitch and ref were bad but should not be used as excuses.

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummmm you do know we got them in quarter final 

Too smart for your own good. We played Livingston in the last round unless you've edited your post o St Mirren

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

What do you see in your mind for a cure ? 

Just change things. Give the players something to believe in. Give the opposition something to worry about. Change formation, change manager, play a back 4, play a front 2. Less emphasis on passing wide,push the ball through the middle more by playing an extra midfielder. Just stop doing the same thing every week and expecting things to suddenly get better. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

At that level you should really be self motivated. Confidence can be boosted by communication and adaptability to circumstances., though. Yeah.

While I agree we aren't exactly blessed with creativity apart from GMS (wing back, why?) and wee Barrie the hairdresser.  When confidence is low there will be even less creativity which is really alarming.   We should have games like Dundee, last week and today to build confidence but it's going the reverse.  

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummmm you do know we got them in quarter final 

J4E, its up to the players to have a serious hard look at themselves , if they are not hurting badly after that shocker today , they should not be at the club, 110 % effort at least from them all now, and try starting a game at the beginning, not after 5 minutes.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Just change things. Give the players something to believe in. Give the opposition something to worry about. Change formation, change manager, play a back 4, play a front 2. Less emphasis on passing wide,push the ball through the middle more by playing an extra midfielder. Just stop doing the same thing every week and expecting things to suddenly get better. 

4-4-2 is the cure, rigid. Play with a second striker. Allow Barry and Gino the chance to play as inside right left. 

4-4-2 is the cure, rigid. Play with a second striker. Allow Barry and Gino the chance to play as inside right left. 

It’s at the stage now where it couldn’t be any worse. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

He's done the lot three times over at this stage....can't be much water left in that well

Let’s see, don’t underestimate the excuse book 🤦🏽

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

While I agree we aren't exactly blessed with creativity apart from GMS (wing back, why?) and wee Barrie the hairdresser.  When confidence is low there will be even less creativity which is really alarming.   We should have games like Dundee, last week and today to build confidence but it's going the reverse.  

But it's a rut. Based on what? His only concern previously seemed to be getting  a full weeks training. That'll do it. No, now it's as rut. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Gonna be controversial and say the league is leveling out. 

We were never good enough to coast into 3rd place and never near the OF quality wise. 

This form is giving a more realistic overall picture of our quality and relation to the other teams quality. 

Our bad patch imo  is just flattening our curve but we better get a grip or we won't finish 3rd.

However, The fact hibs are now 4th tells you all about the quality below us as well tho.  They've won 1 league game in about 8 iirc. 

It's shite, but it's reality. 

Us storming into 3rd and getting near the of wasn't going to happen. 

But, losing 3rd from this position would be a big failure. 

We need to get a grip

Time to bail tho as the Robbie Rabids will be in their element tonight. 

A sensible post at last.

It’s not the end of the world (although it feels like it for some). The points buffer is 9 or 10 to fourth (haven’t looked yet) and this slump hopefully won’t last much longer.
Lots of posts tonight saying how bad that was today, how poor the team was, get rid of the manager and how bad the recruitment has been. Well, maybe so, but what does that say about the others from fourth downwards? Drop another 4-5 points then it’s time to start worrying and reacting like tonight. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s at the stage now where it couldn’t be any worse. 

We know it is availability that is causing us grief in our back 4, Gordon out is 5. 

We then have pairing issues in midfield.

McFarlane

Atkinson Souttar Haring Kingsley

Gino  Devlin Beni McKay

McEneff Simms 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jumper said:

A sensible post at last.

It’s not the end of the world (although it feels like it for some). The points buffer is 9 or 10 to fourth (haven’t looked yet) and this slump hopefully won’t last much longer.
Lots of posts tonight saying how bad that was today, how poor the team was, get rid of the manager and how bad the recruitment has been. Well, maybe so, but what does that say about the others from fourth downwards? Drop another 4-5 points then it’s time to start worrying and reacting like tonight. 

Agreed. 

Tbh, at the start of the season I didn't think we'd be good enough for third. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed. 

Tbh, at the start of the season I didn't think we'd be good enough for third. 

Neither did I, but what do you think will happen if we don't finish 3rd, from the position we got into?

3 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

We know it is availability that is causing us grief in our back 4, Gordon out is 5. 

McFarlane

Gino  Devlin Beni McKay

McEneff Simms 

Sorry but who is McFarlane?

13 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Too smart for your own good. We played Livingston in the last round unless you've edited your post o St Mirren

I did actually try to edit it to st mirren but didn’t work 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Jumper said:

A sensible post at last.

Two of the bigger sides below us have sacked their managers recently because it wasn't good enough.  Only Motherwell are having a good season.   Thats what it says about the other clubs. 

5 minutes ago, Jumper said:

A sensible post at last.

I get its a season etc. but we have just lost to the two bottom sides with an absolute whimper.  Your suggested tactic of sitting and waiting cost us the last time with Levein.  Saddest part is this time next week will be exactly the same, points dropped due to a poor gutless performance.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Neither did I, but what do you think will happen if we don't finish 3rd, from the position we got into?

Dunno, but it would be shit. 

I've seen hibs tho, and I think we're better than them so as it we are the 3rd best team, just maybe not 10-15 points better. 

I see this bad patch a leveling up of the league Tbh. 

Folk will disagree. 

For me the biggest disappointnent has been the January transfer window, I can only hope it means we are holding out  For some real good players in the summer and didn't want to be filled with diddies that would hinder future transfers. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Just now, merrymac said:

You would put the u18 goalie in?

Yes, for his hand to ball distribution his ability to match up to Gordon for all sorts of reasons. One is the boy is similar to Craig. Ross is an import. For me Liam gets a start in the what if starting 11 for todays game. It was an example of a potential 4-4-2 set up. 

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

McFarlane

Gino  Devlin Beni McKay

McEneff Simms 

For me, Sibbick has been awful and doesn’t look like a centre back so glad you’ve left him out . There’s no need for wingers and wing backs if it leaves us weak in the centre but I’d personally stick to a back three. Assuming Smith back and Halkett out -

Smith

Souttar

Cochrane 

Atkinson

Haring

McEneff

Beni/Devlin

Kingsley

McKay/GMS/Woodburn/Boyce or Gino 

Simms

Let the wing backs be wing backs and let whoever plays with simms float about. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

For me, Sibbick has been awful and doesn’t look like a centre back so glad you’ve left him out . There’s no need for wingers and wing backs if it leaves us weak in the centre but I’d personally stick to a back three. Assuming Smith back and Halkett out -

Smith

Souttar

Cochrane 

Atkinson

Haring

McEneff

Beni/Devlin

Kingsley

McKay/GMS/Woodburn/Boyce or Gino 

Simms

Let the wing backs be wing backs and let whoever plays with simms float about. 

I was going by what was available today... 

I was going by what was available today... 

ah, sorry. Didn’t realise that. I just think we need more coming from the centre of midfield. Too much emphasis on wing play. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I get its a season etc. but we have just lost to the two bottom sides with an absolute whimper.  Your suggested tactic of sitting and waiting cost us the last time with Levein.  Saddest part is this time next week will be exactly the same, points dropped due to a poor gutless performance.

The thing is it could be argued it cost us not to stick with CL a bit longer (after not replacing him the previous summer) as when he left we did get worse. 

A different discussion tho and entirely different set of circumstances as it was on the back of a 6th place finish and being 10th in the league. 

We got promoted last year and sit 3rd.

It's a daft Comparison.