*** The official St Johnstone fc vs Heart of Midlothian fc match thread ***

gregzy2k7

Graeme Russell

Pathetic performance. We are in free fall.  Souttar, the man who is leaving best in maroon again.

Same shit away from home season after season. Where is the desire to win games?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

4 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

We had a phenomenal start to the season, we were top of the leagie.  We are gojng through a slump but are still third. Thats as good as we cN expect

Have you not noticed that many of the players started well when they signed and have gradually got worse?

You are of course correct, third is great. Where do you think we are going to finish this season?

1 minute ago, Voxpop said:

been going to tynecastle since the 70s.  I have seen a lot worse than this

Aye maybe, but you were only going there twice a season, weren’t you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Aye you would have with Hibs record at Tynecastle 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Zero points gained from the bottom two clubs.

St Mirren away next week will be a home banker for any betting people.

Then Aberdeen at home who will be revitalised after changing their manager.

Looks like we are taking a leaf out of the hibees book by capitulating after the winter break.

Just as well we had a big lead over the chading team because with this run of form we will be lucky to stay in the top six.

Hardly worried about the top 6 but yes we could blow 3rd

I think you’ve got the ground title wrong, it ends in ‘road’

Perhaps the boo boys can lay off Halkett when he returns? The guy does a lot of dirty work for us that is easily written off and forgotten about.

He's essential in the middle.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Gonna be controversial and say the league is leveling out. 

We were never good enough to coast into 3rd place and never near the OF quality wise. 

This form is giving a more realistic overall picture of our quality and relation to the other teams quality. 

Our bad patch imo  is just flattening our curve but we better get a grip or we won't finish 3rd.

However, The fact hibs are now 4th tells you all about the quality below us as well tho.  They've won 1 league game in about 8 iirc. 

It's shite, but it's reality. 

Us storming into 3rd and getting near the of wasn't going to happen. 

But, losing 3rd from this position would be a big failure. 

We need to get a grip

Time to bail tho as the Robbie Rabids will be in their element tonight. 

Mate, we've scored 2 goals and conceded 9 in the last 480 minutes of football, 1 point in 4 games in fixtures against 11th and 12th in the league. We have a tough run of fixtures and we are absolutely out of ideas. 

We can easily lose 3rd place if we don’t win at least 2 of our next 3 games. It's no good enough.

lost in space
3 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Twice a season. What a sad person you are.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So feckin predictable! 🤬

Looks like every other manager in the league have now sussed Robbie, his line ups and tactics out.

Quotes from the Hearts TV commentators:

"Despite our goal, we've never pressurised them in their own half all the first half."

Re the second half:

"We're never in it. We're being run ragged.  It's not working. St Johnstone the better team. No penetration. Lacking ideas. No one backing up the player with the ball. Aimless.  No where near good enough.  Going backwards again.  We got what we deserved"

Sound familiar?  Two games against the two bottom teams and two defeats.

Same game plan - start off defensively.  When no improvement in the second half send on subs and wait for an improvement, which doesn't come.  Sloppy defending and we concede.  No ideas on how to retrieve the situation.  Descend into the same state as quoted above.  Wake up with five minutes to go but fail miserably.  Our decision making and action in the final third are pathetic.

We are chucking 3rd place away.    

Are you listening Robbie?

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I am not aware of the correct procedure but I always call the fire brigade before any fire actually exists.  That way if there ever is a fire, I can tell them "told you so".

thats brilliant lol

Tynecastle Valhalla

2000 fans made the trip to Perth 

what an embarrassment from the players !

the subs didn’t really make much sense either though

we needed goals

Central Belt 1874
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We were never good enough to coast into 3rd place and never near the OF quality wise. 

This form is giving a more realistic overall picture of our quality and relation to the other teams quality. 

Our bad patch imo  is just flattening our curve but we better get a grip or we won't finish 3rd.

However, The fact hibs are now 4th tells you all about the quality below us as well tho.  They've won 1 league game in about 8 iirc. 

We need to get a grip

Not controversial, you just live in denial. 

Giving him any longer than to the end of this season will be outrageous. 

He has rebuilt us to third position. But that's all hes got. 

The club better start planning for a new manager early summer. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Sorry guys it's my fault, I think I will never start a match thread again, bloody cursed I think!!

But in all seriousness where to begin with that? That was utterly eye bleeding stuff, if you said to a neutral who doesn't know scottish football and asked them which team is bottom of the league ? Let"s put it this way, there wouldn't be many saying St Johnstone.

Something has gone very wrong here in a short space of time, we were flying not so long ago and now we can't seem to buy a win? What gives ? Is it the players becoming complacent ? Or is it the manager and how he is setting us up to play? Regardless of what is, we need to sort it out and bloody quickly! Or we can kiss Europe good bye. 

We have a manager who can’t turn things round when the going gets tough.  Perfect example last year was losing to Brora then a complete failure to get any sort of reaction from his players in the next game a few days later at home to QOTS.  It’s just happened again - we lost last week at home to bottom of the league Dundee, failed to score in 120 minutes at home to Livi and now lost to the new bottom team.  

1 minute ago, Graeme Russell said:

Pathetic performance. We are in free fall.  Souttar, the man who is leaving best in maroon again.

Same shit away from home season after season. Where is the desire to win games?

Desire starts with the manager. He hasn't got any. Will have a go at the fourth official though. Always helps. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mate, we've scored 2 goals and conceded 9 in the last 480 minutes of football, 1 point in 4 games in fixtures against 11th and 12th in the league. We have a tough run of fixtures and we are absolutely out of ideas. 

We can easily lose 3rd place if we don’t win at least 2 of our next 3 games. It's no good enough.

In what was a great initial 23,24 games in 2010/11, we squandered a phenomenal advantage over 4th place from about an 18 point lead (something like that) down to 2points by 38 games.  We drew 6 and lost 6 in the last dozen.

It just takes that, plus good form of the team behind.  

Edited by Debut 4

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

"Despite our goal, we've never pressurised them in their own half all the first half."

Re the second half:

"We're never in it. We're being run ragged.  It's not working. St Johnstone the better team. No penetration. Lacking ideas. No one backing up the player with the ball. Aimless.  No where near good enough.  Going backwards again.  We got what we deserved"

Same game plan - start off defensively.  When no improvement in the second half send on subs and wait for an improvement, which doesn't come.  Sloppy defending and we concede.  No ideas on how to retrieve the situation.  Descend into the same state as quoted above.  Wake up with five minutes to go but fail miserably.  Our decision making and action in the final third are pathetic.

He listens to no one, the Hearts tv commentary should be played back to him, because they told it as it is!!

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We need to get a grip

Earned their spot in the limelight, I'd say. Recognising the absolute shite being served up and having referenced it BEFORE today.  No control in middle, no link with attack, no link from defence to midfield, no fight, no leadership. So, not really just all about Neilson.

Jambo_jim2001

Backed neilson 100% since last season, quickly starting to change that opinion,as for Ryan Stevenson writing about gorgie boo boys,their ranks are starting to swell after this embarrassing shite we are paying hard earned money to watch,and who can blame them,not me,might start booing myself,total farce of a team to a man today🤬

We had back to back games against the bottom two teams - winning both would have just about seen us far enough clear to be uncatchable in 3rd, and we've shat the bed. It's quite alarming just how quickly we appear to have fallen apart. 

Defence has been pretty horrific with Sibbick in it.

I know he’s only rejoined, and most people were happy we signed him, but so many people were going OTT about how good he was. He payed 2 decent games on loan, and all of a sudden he’s a world beater. I have the fear of god thinking about our defence next season. I really hope they pull a rabbit out of a hat, otherwise we will be watching through our fingers.

The defence is all a over the place. Add no threat going forward, and you’re in a heap of trouble. 

Just now, Debut 4 said:

In what was a great initial 23,24 games in 2010/11, we squandered a phenomenal lead over 4th place from about an 18 point lead (something like that) down to 2points by 38 games.  We drew 6 and lost 6 in the last dozen.

It just takes that, plus good form of the team behind.  

Exactly and with St Mirren A, Aberdeen H, Dundee Utd A next, it could easily be down to 3-4 points and we're going backwards. 

Badly need Halkett and Smith back ,  Need to play Beni, Devlin and McEneff in midfield till they are both back. Ginelly and Simms aren't improving us attacking wise. Boyce , McKay and GMS up top from now on .

Beaten by bottom 2 teams. Tick Tock surely. Absolute disgrace today.  3rd is under threat make no mistake. We are purely relying on the pack below taking points off each other which may not last and of course we have to play them all. Neilson is chronic away from home. Always has been. I dread to see his away game stats

Exile fae Main Street
10 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Not for long, we are going to be caught at this rate, absolute disgrace

Do you live in Plockton?

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We need to get a grip

Good analysis 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Yep, only one. Just shows you how poor our corners have been. Totally lacking in any sort of invention.

That’s way below the average. 

Another weekend ruined for me , Neilson 

2 minutes ago, daftie said:

Defence has been pretty horrific with Sibbick in it.

I know he’s only rejoined, and most people were happy we signed him, but so many people were going OTT about how good he was. He payed 2 decent games on loan, and all of a sudden he’s a world beater. I have the fear of god thinking about our defence next season. I really hope they pull a rabbit out of a hat, otherwise we will be watching through our fingers.

The defence is all a over the place. Add no threat going forward, and you’re in a heap of trouble. 

Sibbick is a dreadful centre half , since he has arrived he has been piss poor and makes the whole defence nervous .we will struggle to come third , a couple more defeats and we will crumble 

Pasquale for King

Looking forward to the deflection threads, on twitter Euan Murray and pals reckon it’s Savages fault 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽🤪

Couldn't work out if the gap in 3rd was due to us being good or the rest really bad. Looks like the latter now. 

3rd should've been wrapped up weeks ago yet incredibly the teams behind will be licking their lips now. In the season where 3rd means so much aswell ffs. 

It's the manner of the defeats and lack of motivation that's the most alarming part. 

6 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Re the second half:

I think Neilson will have something completely different to say.

Can't wait to hear his expert analysis of today's utterly disgraceful performance.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Earned their spot in the limelight, I'd say. Recognising the absolute shite being served up and having referenced it BEFORE today.  No control in middle, no link with attack, no link from defence to midfield, no fight, no leadership. So, not really just all about Neilson.

Yeah, Halkett, Smith and imo Boyce are missed. 

The January signings added depth but not quality or experience compared to what we already had. 

Need to win a game now tho. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Good call. 

Everything we are doing as a side is over worked, there is no spark across the side. We rely on Gordon Souttar Halkett Boyce as our mainstay spine. Three of them were out today. Add in Smith, well you are playing with fire. We could argue about the experience of the replacements V Rangers, was this the point of awakening, No that was in the Championship. I have been one of those to champion our third place, i wish i would of shut it now. It is fake. A false position. Anyone who can't see we lack an attack down the throat of the midfield really needs to stop watching the side, it is going to get worse. Haring is rushing around worse than Cammy was, barging into players, giving dirty looks. Why. has he been asked to chuck it? I could go mental here... We have done **** all about our attack for decades, has no one at the club bothered to take heed. Never mind signing a replacement for Souttar , how about breeding some goal scorers for when i am 90. 

Edited by Factuer Moi

Exile fae Main Street

Have to admit, there doesn't seem to be any fight in the team.....with the players at our disposal we should be winning these games....is it the players attitude or is it down to RN?

Question: was Stewart at fault for goals? Was worried when I saw him on team sheet.

Oh dear, some people cant look at things rAtionAlly. 

It’s actually you that isn’t looking at things rationally. We’ve just been beaten by the two worst teams in the league and look like blowing third and likely guaranteed European league football. Our manager is totally incapable of motivating the squad and proved that last season. This season the same listless ineptitude has taken over our squad but we are up against better teams in a better league. 

There’s nothing rational about happily watching Neilson **** all his own good work up. Nothing at all. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Re the second half:

No he’s not, we’ve to go and watch Man City apparently. 

Ex member of the SaS

Simms on his own is clearly not working ( is he as good as we were led to believe? )and it's all down to defensive players, tactics and playing people out of position. Too often Robbie has had the cover story of bad refs and never takes the blame. Now it's becoming clear he has lost it. No plan B and no changes until 60 minutes no matter how badly we are being over run.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Have you not noticed that many of the players started well when they signed and have gradually got worse?

You are of course correct, third is great. Where do you think we are going to finish this season?

i think we will get third.   Probably just.  We need to turn this around in next few weeks

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, suds66 said:

I think Neilson will have something completely different to say.

Can't wait to hear his expert analysis of today's utterly disgraceful performance.

Must be skipping through Leveins excuse book as we speak. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s actually you that isn’t looking at things rationally. We’ve just been beaten by the two worst teams in the league and look like blowing third and likely guaranteed European league football. Our manager is totally incapable of motivating the squad and proved that last season. This season the same listless ineptitude has taken over our squad but we are up against better teams in a better league. 

There’s nothing rational about happily watching Neilson **** all his own good work up. Nothing at all. 

his performance will be assessed over the season

Captain Sausage

l got ridiculed for saying the Dundee game was a must win. We lost and now we’ve lost to their competition for relegation. 

We have absolutely imploded and I’ll be shocked if we finish the season in third. 

To throw away third from here should be enough for Neilson to be out on his arse.