*** The official St Johnstone fc vs Heart of Midlothian fc match thread ***

gregzy2k7

Right I will start this one, Going for us to sneak a 2-1 win here, Simms and McKay to Finally get his first goal.

I would go with 

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Smith Beni Haring Cochrane

McKay Simms Gino

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

Ever the optimist, I'm going for us to hit our straps in front of goal at long last and win 3-1.  It will end the recent slump and get us back on track.

As I've posted elsewhere it can go a long way towards us cementing 3rd plave at the end of the season before the split.  We should have progressed that against Dundee but that's history now.

We will get it done against a respected oponent.

Where’s the stars? There’s got to be
            anyhoo, away draw I think, St Johnstone have got to start biting and clawing points against someone I have a feeling they will raise their game against us.

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Right I will start this one, Going for us to sneak a 2-1 win here, Simms and McKay to Finally get his first goal.

I would go with 

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

McKay Simms Gino

I’d have Smith at RCB and Souttar in the middle. Bringing Atkinson in to RWB. The rest is spot on imo. 👍

Edited by GinRummy

We need to return to winning ways this weekend. Baningime getting back up to speed after his injury, Simms has had a chance to do a bit of tactical training with the rest of the team. We need to get the league part of the job completed, so we can put all our efforts in to the Scottish. 

Our basic turnover before coronavirus was around £12 million I think. Next season it could be as much as £17 if we finish third and win the Scottish. If we use that properly then we should see an improvement in our playing squad.

15 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

anyhoo, away draw I think, St Johnstone have got to start biting and clawing points against someone I have a feeling they will raise their game against us.

Alright then I will see if I can edit it to bring us luck.

Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

Alright then I will see if I can edit it to bring us luck.

Excellent, thanks, us auld yins like tradition what! Harumph 😤😂

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The weather is set to improve before this apparently.

63CC42E3-C9B5-4D91-9A33-3FBAC07B8B04.jpeg

There is another storm warning right at the back of this one. Friday night to Saturday early afternoon. storm Eunice or Edith or some other E name

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There is another storm warning right at the back of this one. Friday night to Saturday early afternoon. storm Eunice or Edith or some other E name

Storm Ersehole. I didn’t realise that though. Hopefully it turns out to be a damp squib. I would rather play them this weekend and get them while Clark is injured. I’d also rather we avoided a midweek fixture up there in the wastes.

We_are_the_Hearts

How many tickets have we sold? Doubt it will be anywhere near as much as last time which will be an indicator of where we are at. Need a victory here to get a bit of momentum going.

16 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

How many tickets have we sold? Doubt it will be anywhere near as much as last time which will be an indicator of where we are at. Need a victory here to get a bit of momentum going.

Aren’t we in a better place than last time we went? 

Ticket sales look slow but they have only just gone on sale. Plenty available. 

We're due a win there and hopefully with the newbies getting in some proper training and tactical work this week we will be in a better place. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

That storm is to affect England mostly and not come as far up as perth so game will be ok, although there is snow going around over the weekend so you never know 

Bazzas right boot

We could do with smashing another hoodoo. 

Well overdue a win there. 

If we don't find our shooting boots we could continue our poor form, we must start to score again. 

Pish record in Perth at the best of times, and then add that to our current poor form, I think the best we can hope for is a 0-0. And I think that's what Neilson will play for, and probably fail to get.

St Johnstone will most likely knick it 1-0.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Aren’t we in a better place than last time we went? 

If we are we will sell

as many tickets as we did for a Wednesday night game previous? Do you agree?

3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Any time a club is desperate for points, its a good time to play HMFC . 😏

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we are we will sell

I go by what is happening on the park as an indicator of how well we are doing. I have never judged a Hearts team by how many people are in the ground. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Sooks said:

I go by what is happening on the park as an indicator of how well we are doing. I have never judged a Hearts team by how many people are in the ground. 

So 1 win in 6 games and 1 goal in 420 minutes is going well? 6 games is a fair reflection of current form?

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So 1 win in 6 games and 1 goal in 420 minutes is going well? 6 games is a fair reflection of current form?

What is your point? 

This won’t be an easy match. They are fighting for their lives just now and they are probably a better side than Dundee. It’s going to take application and resolve to get three points up there. 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

This won’t be an easy match. They are fighting for their lives just now and they are probably a better side than Dundee. It’s going to take application and resolve to get three points up there. 

100%. It's a tough venue for us. I am hopeful that not having a mid week game will allow us to work on a set up and give the new lads and injury returnees a chance to get up to speed. Recent games have felt a bit haphazard. We are a good team and we need to show it by getting this blip of poor form off our back.

We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What is your point? 

My point is we are on a

poor run of form and we need a result to get some momentum back again before more fans start finding something else to do with their time. We had a real momentum going into this fixture last time around

Ainsley Harriott
6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I would go with 

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

McKay Simms Gino

Would be my team

August Landmesser

By the sounds of it, St J were fairly attacking at Pittodrie last night, I guess they have to go for it now, which should work to our advantage as we won't have to try and break them down.

0-0 it is then!

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

My point is we are on a

poor run of form and we need a result to get some momentum back again before more fans start finding something else to do with their time. We had a real momentum going into this fixture last time around

I didn't get that from your posts. Okay. Apart from the bit about fans finding something else to do, I agree with you.

...Hearts 0 at half time.

...Hearts 1 at full time.

And I'm being optimistic.

Could be enough for a point, maybe even all three?

We’ve won 1 in our last 17 league games against them at McDiarmid Park - that’s just as bad as our record at Ibrox in the last decade or so ffs - sort it out Hearts 

A_A wehatethehibs

I am feeling quietly confident about this one. Getting through in the cup was so important and lifted some pressure. I think St Johnstone at home, desperate for 3 points, might misguidedly think Hearts are

vulnerable, over commit and look to control the game. They believe they are a better team than the league says. So I could see us hitting them on the break and bagging a couple of goals in a 15-20 minute spell of the game second half.

St Johnstone 1-3 Hearts 

34 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we are we will sell

I’m not saying performances are better, I’m saying we are in a better position.

We_are_the_Hearts
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’m not saying performances are better, I’m saying we are in a better position.

Fair enough 

4 minutes ago, King prawn said:

We’ve won 1 in our last 17 league games against them at McDiarmid Park - that’s just as bad as our record at Ibrox in the last decade or so ffs - sort it out Hearts 

Not doubting you but, if true, that's shocking.

Mind you, I don't need statistical proof of our poor away record over the last decade. We are, in the main, honking outside Edinburgh.

Different story in the days when I followed Hearts up and down Scotland. We seemed to win our fair share in the 80's and 90's, Hampden excluded. 

33 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Would be my team

I'd swap Devlin for Beni. Been a bit too slow recently 

53 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

That's only if you pretend we didn't win the tie again Livingston for some bizarre purpose ...

This will be a tough game. We are a far better footballing team, but we are going to have to fight really hard to earn that right. 

The pitch will be very heavy, with all the recent rain and more to come.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game got called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** The official St Johnstone fc vs Heart of Midlothian fc match thread ***
Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

Can't see past a 0-0 but I am very seldom correct.

Given our record against StJohnstone over the years that would represent a good result.