*** The official St Johnstone fc vs Heart of Midlothian fc match thread ***

gregzy2k7

10 hours ago, Barack said:

Storm Eunice going to make this a ****ing nightmare for travelling for folk. 

Weather ok for Saturday

D2D8A522-C494-4B3A-A219-250F15DD072F.jpeg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

I thought we played well up there earlier in the season and should have won. From what I recall missed chances cost us the victory. 

I'm predicting a 2-0 win with Simms and Boyce getting the goals. 

Every time we approach a game in Perth a remember the absolutely ridiculous penalty given against Haring! 🤬

Just now, Rockwell said:

Kind of hoping the weather over the next couple of days is sever blizzards in Perth .as just tested positive for covid 🤬

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Weather ok for Saturday

D2D8A522-C494-4B3A-A219-250F15DD072F.jpeg

Forecast for Perth deteriorating every update from Met Office. Not looking promising for Saturday if they get the forecast snow tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Forecast for Perth deteriorating every update from Met Office. Not looking promising for Saturday if they get the forecast snow tomorrow. 

Latest Met Office forecast for a Perth on Saturday

97B77D99-7B6F-435E-AEE6-A7C7D7E2E4EE.png

Edited by Thomaso

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Latest Met Office forecast for a Perth on Saturday

97B77D99-7B6F-435E-AEE6-A7C7D7E2E4EE.png

Suppose it’ll depend how much snow they get tomorrow. Surely won’t be too bad. Looks like some sleet and some snow  in some forecasts.

Ford Prentice
18 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

PPV is £17.50. :uhoh2:

18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully Hesgoal will have it. 

Usually pay for the club streams as I'm a law abiding soul and don't begrudge clubs making a few bob but £17.50 is ridiculous. Hesgoal for me this time.

last of the snow is around lunchtime tomorrow, Saturdays forecast is cold but clear sun all day - no reason this game wont go ahead

image.png

Edited by HMFCforever

Ford Prentice
5 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Usually pay for the club streams as I'm a law abiding soul and don't begrudge clubs making a few bob but £17.50 is ridiculous. Hesgoal for me this time.

Checked back to see what I've paid before. Dundee, Dundee Utd and St Mirren all about £12.50, Rangers £9.99 - St Johnstone are at it.

6 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

I've been collared for VPN use:omg:   hesgoal was terrible for me Dundee game.

PPV for me:sob:

3 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Checked back to see what I've paid before. Dundee, Dundee Utd and St Mirren all about £12.50, Rangers £9.99 - St Johnstone are at it.

It's their last season in the big league:lol:

31 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I've been collared for VPN use:omg:   hesgoal was terrible for me Dundee game.

PPV for me:sob:

How do you get sussed for vpn use?

22 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

How do you get sussed for vpn use?

Literally no idea. They mentioned Chrome.

Browser Chrome , Windows.

My laptop has vpn use to access servers.

I am blaming that.

44 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Literally no idea. They mentioned Chrome.

Browser Chrome , Windows.

My laptop has vpn use to access servers.

I am blaming that.

Scary stuff

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Good 👍🏽

5 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Yes it’s a nonsense.  Just taking the piss

Gordon

Smith Souttar Kingsley 

Atkinson Devlin Baningime Cochrane 

Ginnelly Simms McKay

2-1 Hearts

People saying we'll lose.  People saying we'll draw.  People saying we haven't won there since the Boer War.

I'm waiting for the outrageous winning predictions.  They're bottom of the league.  They've only got 3 fit players and they're all crap.

Let's get imaginative.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

People saying we'll lose.  People saying we'll draw.  People saying we haven't won there since the Boer War.

I'm waiting for the outrageous winning predictions.  They're bottom of the league.  They've only got 3 fit players and they're all crap.

Let's get imaginative.

Isn't that the perfect recipe for us to get beat? 😐😁😐

That Celtic result has done wonders for my pre-match preparation following a disappointment in Germany.

Hears/Ross County double will do a treat with hopefully Livvy to make up a treble although a draw will also be good.

Surely we'll put recent lacklustre performances behing us and come out fizzing.

Captain Canada

Hopefully the ref is on our side. A few of them seem to have it in for St. Johnstone lately. Some very harsh penalty decisions against them. 

I'll take a 1-0 with a hotly disputed spot kick for us in the 94th minute but I'd prefer a routine 3-0 win. 

south morocco
28 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Hopefully the ref is on our side. A few of them seem to have it in for St. Johnstone lately. Some very harsh penalty decisions against them. 

I'll take a 1-0 with a hotly disputed spot kick for us in the 94th minute but I'd prefer a routine 3-0 win. 

Punishment for having the cheek to win a cup double 😀

Any type of win will do me tomorrow.

On 17/02/2022 at 09:20, Thomaso said:

Seeming we haven’t beaten them in the last 14 games up there! 😳

We’ve had pretty mixed results in Perth for a long time - right back to the sixties. Watched us win 4-1 and 3 -0 at Muirton Park then a couple of games where we were 2 - 0 up at half time only to be beaten 3 -2. 
if it is 14 games since we last had a win there, then now’s the time for us to get on and win. I’m going for 2 - 1 for us.

19 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Punishment for having the cheek to win a cup double 😀

Any type of win will do me tomorrow.

Me too. After a couple of bad results we got over the line last week. Hopefully edge it tomorrow and get a bit of confidence back. Don’t think there will be too much between the sides tomorrow. 

Edited by GinRummy

I think I would start Ben Woodburn in this game. I think I would have Woodburn and McKay supporting Simms. I would go for this set up -

Gordon

Kingsley

Souttar

Smith 

Cochrane

Baningime

Devlin

Atkinson

McKay

Simms

Woodburn

Haring, Sibbick, Ginelly and Boyce all to come on in case of injuries or poor performances or a change of approach.

On 17/02/2022 at 09:59, Thomaso said:

Every time we approach a game in Perth a remember the absolutely ridiculous penalty given against Haring! 🤬

Another bad ref decision, shock, not, going for 2-1 Hearts.

59 minutes ago, Barack said:

Doomed. Especially if you play in a field.

I'm in Perth as we speak and there’s hardly any snow. Some slush on the pavements and snow on the hills but it’s nothing 

21 minutes ago, theshed said:

I'm in Perth as we speak and there’s hardly any snow. Some slush on the pavements and snow on the hills but it’s nothing 

Apparently they never put the snow covers down before the downfall. Can not really blame them I suppose but it is not very sporting.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Doomed. Especially if you play in a field.

Och it'll be fine the tractor 🚜 boys will be out in their droves with their big snaw ploughs attached. ☃️

21 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

It's less than that for me and my Son to get into the game :rofl:

willie wallace
15 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

Is there a cash gate? 

I just spoke to them.

They can't guarantee there will be a cash gate but you can still buy them online tomorrow.

Ginnelly has to start for me.  He has scored 3 against them this season.  Some players just seem to score against certain clubs. Nade v Hibs or Stephane Paille v Motherwell etc.

I feel confident that some time in the next 3-5 games we're going to shake off the funk and put on a 3-5 goal performance at least once.

Could be tomorrow. Who can say?

Snide comment inside the spoiler. I can't help myself but I can at least give you the option.

Spoiler

Whenever this does happen, there are going to be a few who won't even be able to enjoy it and will moan about "why haven't we done this before?!?"

The past few weeks have been dreary but I'm looking forward to brighter times.

I'm currently inspired by these curlers who I believe are all Scots and I'm adding golds for them to my weekend predictions.