*** The official St Johnstone fc vs Heart of Midlothian fc match thread ***

gregzy2k7

54 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

All their injuries = don’t switch on the heating! 😏

I hope you realise that's not a joke.

Every hotel in Perth has run out of ice, it's all being dumped on the park up the road.

Edited by colinmaroon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Every hotel in Perth has run out of ice, it's all being dumped on the park up the road.

That's a cool story. 

47 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

ice-ice-baby-vanilla-ice.gif

Do they not have history of "technical issues" with their heating at opportunistic times? May have been Dundee?

11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Over here in Fife the ground conditions are like the Everglades. Never seen so much water running off the slopes, Perth will be the same. I hope the ref gives the game the nod to go ahead though as we need to get over the dip in form asap.

Watch out for gators

That's a bummer with Motherwell  & Aberdeen playing each other today because the hobbits could be in serious trouble. Never mind eh, as long as we win, then we can laugh at them as their failures continue amuse. 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The game will be on and we will thrash the pulp out of them.

Very optimistic. Never going to happen though.

20 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Do they not have history of "technical issues" with their heating at opportunistic times? May have been Dundee?

Dunfermline certainly do, then a few years ago they just came out and said it was too expensive to use. 

Edited by GinRummy

scott herbertson
34 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Anyone know what the weather is like in Perth this morning? No snow forecast for the rest of the day

Clear skies up here in Birnam, 12 miles North of the metropolis that is Perth - bit of snow still lying but its above freezing already - see no reason it shouldn't go ahead apart from waterlogging

24 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That's a bummer with Motherwell  & Aberdeen playing each other today because the hobbits could be in serious trouble. Never mind eh, as long as we win, then we can laugh at them as their failures continue amuse. 

Ignore that, if the Sheep and Livingston win and they do their usual hibsing it then it could be one pleasant afternoon. Just as long as we get all 3 points. 

Edited by Marvin

You just know it’s probably going to be really nice and calm in Perth this morning yet the park will be an absolute mess and the game will be off……..

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Hope hearts have got someone at this inspection as that lot will be doing all they can to get the game off 

What time is it taking place?

Just now, WageThief said:

Your own library?!

A stack of well thumbed Razzles does not a library make

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

A stack of well thumbed Razzles does not a library make

😀  Agreed.  A library should also have books of rizzlas and old flyers to use as roach, at the very least.  That's why they are always so quiet...

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder if it will pass muster (the pitch). At least the fermers have given fans plenty notice that a. there will a pitch inspection and b. 10am should be plenty time for the vast majority to not get caught already there or en route. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Watch out for gators

It's Fife, least of my worries😄

18 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Just spoke to my brother who works near saints, absolutely beautiful day up there 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

No excuse for being off then. 10am inspection still gives 5 hours to get rid of surface water. No further adverse weather forecast. Should be on unless there are dark arts at play here

Edited by JimmyCant

I think this is the only pitch inspection in Scotland this morning but I could be wrong, as it stands there’s not even one lower league game off at the moment so no excuse this can’t go ahea

3 minutes ago, theshed said:

I think this is the only pitch inspection in Scotland this morning but I could be wrong, as it stands there’s not even one lower league game off at the moment so no excuse this can’t go ahea

Inspection at Motherwell now

Its a beautiful day but that doesn't mean the pitch is playable.

Also have to think of the roads for fans getting to the game. Everything is sheet ice up here just now. 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Also have to think of the roads for fans getting to the game. Everything is sheet ice up here just now. 

Gritters not work at weekends? 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

You’d think they’d have had grit on the roads. This was forecast after all. 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Gritters not work at weekends? 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’d think they’d have had grit on the roads. This was forecast after all. 

You know what councils are like!

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

You know what councils are like!

True.

They’re be too busy making sure the cycle lanes and spaces for people are in tip top order. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Seen this on Facebook, taken this morning apparently. A lot of effort being put in...

FB_IMG_1645264350089.jpg

If thats the case they should be made to forfeit the game embarrassing that they haven't even scraped the snow of the pitch at least. If this game gets called off its because they have injury issues and not the weather.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Seen this on Facebook, taken this morning apparently. A lot of effort being put in...

FB_IMG_1645264350089.jpg

Aye all over it like a hobo on his sister. Not.