*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Monsieur Maroon
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
ย 
Dundee United insist they're due compensation for Neilson. Hearts believe he's available for free. This one might rumble on. Clubs must lodge a new contract offer in writing 14 days before a player's current deal expires in order to protect the training compo.

Good to have some actual news rather than drivel about made up transfer fees ๐Ÿ‘

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Monsieur Maroon said:

Good to have some actual news rather than drivel about made up transfer fees ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Ironically its actual news about Dundee Unites made up fees! :lol:ย ย 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, andrew said:

ย 

I'm sure he will be worth more than that at some point, it doesn't mean that it's value for money though.

ย 

My point was that we could find better overseas if we were looking to spend ยฃ700k+ on a new striker.

Maybe ! Maybe not. ย We know what we are getting with Ellis. ย High confidence that he will score and creat goals and almost certainly would be able to sell him on and recoup that money.

ย 

I donโ€™t think we would pay it, and I donโ€™t think it will happen. ย But Iโ€™d love it to happen and Iโ€™m certain the club would not be left out of pocket in any way

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
ย 
Dundee United insist they're due compensation for Neilson. Hearts believe he's available for free. This one might rumble on. Clubs must lodge a new contract offer in writing 14 days before a player's current deal expires in order to protect the training compo.

they either did or did not submit in writing. ย Will be easy to prove one way or another..ย 

ย 

I suspect DUFC have ****ed up here and are now scrambling. ย 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
ย 

Suspect Utd have made a James hunt of this and theyโ€™ve gone public to make us look like the bad guys.ย 
ย 

Mr Savage will have steam coming out his ears at how much media this has gotten.ย 

PapaShango

I'm sure Hearts have been told by the player the date he was offered a new contract. If they have messed up and we get him for hee-haw then it's going to be very pleasing indeed!ย 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

sound like my sister in law who wonโ€™t buy a house because she โ€œthinksโ€ they are too expensive ๐Ÿ˜‚. Sadly our ย thoughts and what we think doesnโ€™t control the market. A 21 year old English striker who is capable and likely to scoremore than 20 goals is worth far more than that and itโ€™s just a fact a life. ย Aberdeen sold Scott McKenna for ยฃ4million. ย An absolute huddy of a player
ย 

At some point in his career, Ellis simms will sell for big numbers .. well Above ยฃ1.6 m

That shows how much money there is in English football not what we should be spending.

Maybe your sister-in-law is right about houses by the way if prices are about to fall.๐Ÿ˜

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they either did or did not submit in writing. ย Will be easy to prove one way or another..ย 

ย 

I suspect DUFC have ****ed up here and are now scrambling. ย 

Probably emailed it to himย ๐Ÿ™„... y'know, the whole dundee-email-spam-thing-saga that seems to go on up there, from time to time... when it suits. Maybe they share the same internet/broadband provider?

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
ย 

ย 

ย 

That would be sweet.ย 

ย 

If we end up paying no fee weย  could give away a small donation to charity instead just to really wind them up.ย 

ย 

Announce it along the lines "since we got Neilson for a freeย  and saved a load of wonga, we have donated ยฃx to the community."ย 

ย 

****ing them over is just gravy.ย 

RustyRightPeg

Note this shouldnโ€™t stop us from being able to sign him, these things happen a lot and end up in tribunals.ย 
ย 

If we do sign him, I believe it shows we are more than confident that itโ€™ll be for nothing.ย 

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm sure Hearts have been told by the player the date he was offered a new contract. If they have messed up and we get him for hee-haw then it's going to be very pleasing indeed!ย 

I feel a walk-a-thon coming on, if it's legally challenged.

ย 

As you say, would be very pleasing indeed!ย ๐Ÿคฃ

Tasavallan
25 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Wonder how many times it can be posted that Savage has already said at the FOH event that Simms wages are on another planet to what Hearts could afford.

It doesnโ€™t matter whether Everton will accept ยฃ1.6m, ยฃ1m with add ons or a swap deal with Ross Stewart. We canโ€™t afford anywhere near his wages. He wonโ€™t be a perm signing for us.ย 

His agent clearly got him a great deal at Everton and fair play to him, if a perm move is on the cards, there are Championship teams who pay stupid money for strikers. Mitrovic was on ยฃ60k per week at Fulham and wasnโ€™t the top paid player in the division!!

An Everton in the Championship under FFP investigation and financing a new stadium may have been easier to negotiate with but not Simms' wages.ย  If he wants to come for another loan period then good but any perm deal will be elsewhere.

Jambo in Bathgate
58 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

ย 

ย 

Why would signing a player for millions equate to a dark day..... And when did they days first appear for them to return!ย 

ย 

ย 

The money we were loaned by the SMG after the Scottish cup win. We ended in massive debt which took administration and almost liquidation to clear. Letโ€™s not go there again.

May one-six
24 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Wonder how many times it can be posted that Savage has already said at the FOH event that Simms wages are on another planet to what Hearts could afford.

It doesnโ€™t matter whether Everton will accept ยฃ1.6m, ยฃ1m with add ons or a swap deal with Ross Stewart. We canโ€™t afford anywhere near his wages. He wonโ€™t be a perm signing for us.ย 

His agent clearly got him a great deal at Everton and fair play to him, if a perm move is on the cards, there are Championship teams who pay stupid money for strikers. Mitrovic was on ยฃ60k per week at Fulham and wasnโ€™t the top paid player in the division!!

I think you're right. We gave Ellis a chance to show what he could do and he took it. Every club is on the lookout for goalscorers and there are teams in the Championship who will be sniffing about him. We won't be able to compete money-wise. The only unique advantage we have is the chance to offer European experience. I doubt that would be enough to sway him.

24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
ย 

ย 

This should be clear if they did or didn't.ย  ย No maybes about it.ย  ย  Someone is playing funny buggers and it's not Hearts.ย  ย Doncaster available for comment about the lowland league but none here.ย  ย 

ย 

Anyway hopefully they get ****ed over and get no compensation.ย 

Never Let Them Forget

I was at the FOH plot ceremony when JS was speaking about it. He said that there is championship clubs interested due to his performances with us but getting ES back will take time as the EPL sides keep there players as squad fillers until later on in the window. He never mentioned the amount of money he was on.

ย 

He also said that he shows the players the ground, training ground and city while adding why wouldnโ€™t they want to play here. He isnโ€™t interested in players that are here for the money only.

29 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
ย 

Time for Dundee United to take their medicine this time!

I suspect we broke the ยฃ1m transfer fee under Vladโ€ฆ..Bednar from Kaunas and Pinilla from Inter Milan/Sporting Lisbon would more than likely have been 7 figures.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

The money we were loaned by the SMG after the Scottish cup win. We ended in massive debt which took administration and almost liquidation to clear. Letโ€™s not go there again.

ย 

Not even remotely the same situation. It was a loan and we already had massive debt.ย 

ย 

This Is our money.ย 

ย 

Hopefully we are in a situation were we can pay relatively significant fees if we want to sooner rather than later.ย 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I suspect we broke the ยฃ1m transfer fee under Vladโ€ฆ..Bednar from Kaunas and Pinilla from Inter Milan/Sporting Lisbon would more than likely have been 7 figures.

ย 

Aye, cash transactions completed in submarines in international waters don't count tho.ย 

ย 

HeartsandonlyHearts

I would guess every player we sign will be for more than the player was making prior to signing for us. Simms must be on 7000 a week minimum with Everton (guessing)

Weโ€™e not paying 8000 a week. Not yet. Though itโ€™s coming. No player is coming to us while still under contract with another club to make less money.

5 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

I was at the FOH plot ceremony when JS was speaking about it. He said that there is championship clubs interested due to his performances with us but getting ES back will take time as the EPL sides keep there players as squad fillers until later on in the window. He never mentioned the amount of money he was on.

ย 

He also said that he shows the players the ground, training ground and city while adding why wouldnโ€™t they want to play here. He isnโ€™t interested in players that are here for the money only.

Just in case this is aimed at discrediting my comment, he may not have mentioned it at the plot ceremony, but
at the FOH AGM I can assure you he did talk about the money he was on.

ย 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Guess not signing Charles cookย 

ย 

ย 

We'll get him next season when they get relegatedย 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We'll get him next season when they get relegatedย 

May be a good team I don't know but I do know I've never heard of them

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

ย 

ย 

Not bothered about not signing Cook, he hasn't proved himself consistentlyย 

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Just in case this is aimed at discrediting my comment, he may not have mentioned it at the plot ceremony, but
at the FOH AGM I can assure you he did talk about the money he was on.

ย 

It's just bad luck (and geography) that we happen to share a border with the richest and greediest league(s) in the world. By our very (historical) nature we'll always compare ourselves to English football, when the reality is - we really couldn't be farther apart. Stating the obvious, I know. I always wonder if scouring the Scandic countries would be a more realistic hunting ground... I'm certainly surprised that we don't see more of their players in this country as (and I'm guessing here) there wages etc. must be closer to ours as opposed to England. Maybe we are... but (and I'm not complaining) we seem to be going down the Aussie/Asian route. Just my opinion... certainly not ITK by any stretch!

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I'm not fussed about RCC either to be honest, his career is one decent season at Ross County and I was never impressed with him when he played against us. I suspect our management team didn't push too hard for him.ย 

john thomas
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I'm not fussed about RCC either to be honest, his career is one decent season at Ross County and I was never impressed with him when he played against us. I suspect our management team didn't push too hard for him.ย 

If at all ?

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Probably wanted to move closer to home. Good luck to him.

Just now, I.T.K said:

ย 

Probably wanted to move closer to home. Good luck to him.

ย 

He's from England...

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, john thomas said:

If at all ?

Yes exactly, was only being linked on here and in some snippets from news articles. Can't remember seeing any quotes from us looking at him.ย 

Just now, AndyNic said:

ย 

He's from England...

ย 

A wee joke about Dingwall being far away.

ย 

Eupen is closer to London etc.ย 

Just now, I.T.K said:

ย 

A wee joke about Dingwall being far away.

ย 

Eupen is closer to London etc.ย 

ย 

Got you!ย 

Batistuta87

Was never really that bothered about RCC. Judged him on our last game v RC and he was absolutely shite, so not bothered. I think we've made the right choice in going for Forrest if its been between the two. Glad he didn't go to Hibs though.ย 

ย 

Tasavallan
40 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

From German speaking enclave in west Belgium.ย  Bought by Qataris and promoted to 1st Division in 2016.

ย 

The Saint Mirren of Belgian football.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Tasavallan

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I think Bednar was on loan from Kaunas so I donโ€™t think a fee was paid, not sure where the transfer we got for him from WBA went either.ย 
Pinilla was on loan from Sporting but when we signed him he was part owned by us and Inter. All a bit dodgy.ย 
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/mauricio-pinilla-signs-new-contract-hearts-2476569

Armageddon
14 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Still working on it I believe and could be close.ย 

ย 

Isn't he a German striker?

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

ย 

Look a bit diddy but seem to have oil money involved so probably a few quid in it for the player.

BelgeJambo
16 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

From German speaking enclave in west Belgium.ย  Bought by Qataris and promoted to 1st Division in 2016.

ย 

The Saint Mirren of Belgian football.

ย 

ย 

East Belgium?

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

ย 

Not even remotely the same situation. It was a loan and we already had massive debt.ย 

ย 

This Is our money.ย 

ย 

Hopefully we are in a situation were we can pay relatively significant fees if we want to sooner rather than later.ย 

Half of it was a loan and half was an โ€˜investmentโ€™ iirc.ย 

1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

A swap deal with Ross Stewart for Simms? That's the sort of creative thinking I like!

4 minutes ago, Jurek said:

A swap deal with Ross Stewart for Simms? That's the sort of creative thinking I like!

Worth pointing out that as a goal keeper Ross Stewart has never conceded a single goal in either the World Cup or the Champions League. And he managed to only concede four goals during the whole of this season for us.

ย 

We'd be getting ripped off with that deal imho

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Bednar was on loan from Kaunas so I donโ€™t think a fee was paid, not sure where the transfer we got for him from WBA went either.ย 
Pinilla was on loan from Sporting but when we signed him he was part owned by us and Inter. All a bit dodgy.ย 
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/mauricio-pinilla-signs-new-contract-hearts-2476569

Bednar was on loan initially from Kaunas but we signed him on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

ย 

Pinilla was also an undisclosed fee.

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

ย 

ย 

Happy enough with that to be honest.ย  Did well to be fair and his "Big 3" line was fun, but I think basically he fit what Malky McKay was doing and popped a few goals in.ย  Not sure he was right for us.

Raymond Reddington

We also paid a fee for Rudi first time around. He was on loan from a Greek side not from Kaunas. Vlad bought and sold him to Southampton the same day. Unsure of the fee paid. I think we got 1.5 mil for him is it possible that vlad paid 1 mil for Rudi? Would still have made a profit.ย 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***