• Jambo-Jimbo

• Unknown user

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

That is blood boiling.

And I didn't realise.

Everyone should chop what they pay to the lowest level.

Looked it up.

I shall be deducting the difference from what I pay.

As should everyone .

The Mighty Thor

HM Government finally giving some thought for the day job.

They'll finally get back to work in time to have an emergency budget on 23rd September and that's a wrap until 17th October.

Another 3 full weeks closed down. On top of the 3 months of doing F all and another 10 days of the current nonsense.

I mean it's not like there's any urgent business likes.

That thing you do
21 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20220912_161535.jpg

Been pointing this out for years

We produce it but pay more for it

As we do with petrol

And as for water...plans are in place to pump that south with 0 benefit to mr and mrs scotia and family.

Its robbery. Plain and simple.

9 minutes ago, Imaman said:

The EU now propose to apply a windfall tax on energy companies.

Also to cap the retail price of power generated from renewables.  Something Truss said she'll do in effect.  People will have a range of faith that this will be followed through on.  

The Mighty Thor

Chatter coming out of Whitehall is that the commercial energy support package will be delayed.

It's a week off this week, a 2 day week next week then it's conference season and Lizzy has hair and nails appointments.

What's that? You'll go bust? Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

France will limit energy price hikes to 15% for households from the start of next year to ease the burden of the energy crisis on consumers

26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Chatter coming out of Whitehall is that the commercial energy support package will be delayed.

It's a week off this week, a 2 day week next week then it's conference season and Lizzy has hair and nails appointments.

What's that? You'll go bust? Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

November being mentioned for business support.  They're all about the economic growth.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Victorian said:

November being mentioned for business support.  They're all about the economic growth.

Well to be fair BP, Shell and the boys will all have grown their profits considerably by then.:wonga:

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Well to be fair BP, Shell and the boys will all have grown their profits considerably by then.:wonga:

And will continue to do so after business prices are supported.  You could even argue quite credibly that the major producers will accumulate MORE profit than they would have done as a result of the structure of the government action.  Energy consumption efficiency will become less critical once the scheme begins.  

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

And will continue to do so after business prices are supported.  You could even argue quite credibly that the major producers will accumulate MORE profit than they would have done as a result of the structure of the government action.  Energy consumption efficiency will become less critical once the scheme begins.  

Oh for sure. 

Higher prices for energy than any other major European economy and a government not willing to properly windfall tax these excess profits of 170 billion and counting but instead proposing to use public money to fatten them even more.

They probably cannot believe it. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh for sure. 

Higher prices for energy than any other major European economy and a government not willing to properly windfall tax these excess profits of 170 billion and counting but instead proposing to use public money to fatten them even more.

They probably cannot believe it. 

Public money in that they'll issue bonds that will have to be repaid at some point,  albeit over a long term.  But they don't need to do that.  They could just as easily issue the currency directly.  But hey... bonds benefit the already well off / better off in the way of investments and pensions and market speculators and such.  

I fixed in preparation for Oct at £235 which was reduced to £203 after some energy saving.

By my calculations, I should see a reduction to £144, assuming the energy companies reduced fixed rates, which Martin Lewis says they should. If not I'll exit my fixed and go on the variable.

That £144 should become around £78 over the winter when taking the £400 from the gov into account.

4 hours ago, Imaman said:

France will limit energy price hikes to 15% for households from the start of next year to ease the burden of the energy crisis on consumers

Not sure if thats better or worse than what UK is proposing.

Depends on  how the French government are going to achieve it.     Legislation to actually limit what the energy companies can raise prices by ?  Or subsiding the energy companies from public funds for anything above 15 %  (like UK is proposing) ?        

12 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I fixed in preparation for Oct at £235 which was reduced to £203 after some energy saving.

By my calculations, I should see a reduction to £144, assuming the energy companies reduced fixed rates, which Martin Lewis says they should. If not I'll exit my fixed and go on the variable.

That £144 should become around £78 over the winter when taking the £400 from the gov into account.

Is your fixed rate higher than the new price cap ? If not other than the £400 government money your fixed rate prices won’t change. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Is your fixed rate higher than the new price cap ? If not other than the £400 government money your fixed rate prices won’t change. 

Yes, it's quite significantly higher going by the kwh rates. But if my fix doesn't change I'll just be cancelling and going on the variable. So regardless, my bills will be coming down by quite a bit.

Electric Fixed

50.66p kwh

49.38p standing charge

New Electric Cap

34.0p kwh

46.36p standing charge

Gas Fixed

15.49p kwh

27.22p standing charge

New Gas Fixed

10.30p kwh

28.49p standing charge

Edited by hmfc_liam06

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yes, it's quite significantly higher going by the kwh rates. But if my fix doesn't change I'll just be cancelling and going on the variable. So regardless, my bills will be coming down by quite a bit.

Yeah in that case you should be protected by the cap. 

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Just updated my post above with the tariff.

Yeah just seen. My projected bills from October have came down from around £500 to £320. Which I’m obviously pleased about but they should never be that high anyway. Still positive thoughts and all that. 😀

mrmarkus1981_1

Just checked my 'estimate' from Octopus.

£1518.74 for electricity

£756.60 for gas

So £189.62 a month. I pay a direct debit of £150 and am £518 in credit. So by my calculations (£189.62-£150.00=£39.62) then (£518.00 / £39.62) it'll be 13 months until i use all my credit up, but there will be another summer in there to top it up again.

Might stick the heating on 😁

22 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Just checked my 'estimate' from Octopus.

£1518.74 for electricity

£756.60 for gas

So £189.62 a month. I pay a direct debit of £150 and am £518 in credit. So by my calculations (£189.62-£150.00=£39.62) then (£518.00 / £39.62) it'll be 13 months until i use all my credit up, but there will be another summer in there to top it up again.

Might stick the heating on 😁

I may at be totally wrong, not for the first time 😂 but your calculations are based over a 12 month period. Using your figures the £150 will be average, £180 in the winter £120 in the summer. Going into the winter will mean you won’t really be paying overpaying during that time as your usage will be more than your average. You’ll still have your surplus though. 

mrmarkus1981_1
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I may at be totally wrong, not for the first time 😂 but your calculations are based over a 12 month period. Using your figures the £150 will be average, £180 in the winter £120 in the summer. Going into the winter will mean you won’t really be paying overpaying during that time as your usage will be more than your average. You’ll still have your surplus though. 

Oh I've definitely over simplified it.

I'll be at £0 credit come the Spring I reckon :D 

2 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Oh I've definitely over simplified it.

I'll be at £0 credit come the Spring I reckon :D 

Yep we are looking the same. Can see our surplus getting swallowed up very quickly. 🙄

We are overpaying what they suggest also as **** knows what the prices will be like next year. If things get better then we will have low bills next year with our surplus. 

The Mighty Thor

Thick Lizzy reckons high energy prices are a price worth paying for our long term security.

I'm struggling with this.

How does ensuring that BP & Shell make tens of billions a quarter improve our security?

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Thick Lizzy reckons high energy prices are a price worth paying for our long term security.

I'm struggling with this.

How does ensuring that BP & Shell make tens of billions a quarter improve our security?

In other words,  unaffordable prices for the poor is the acceptable price to pay for prevention of blackouts and rationing for the wealthy.

24 minutes ago, Victorian said:

In other words,  unaffordable prices for the poor is the acceptable price to pay for prevention of blackouts and rationing for the wealthy.

It's shit that a rise of a few hundred quid triggered outrage and financial assistance a few months ago, but a £700 rise going into winter isn't doing that now.

Masters of manipulation, they made us all fear 2 broken legs so we'll meekly accept a punch in the face out of relief.

The Mighty Thor

The great ideas keep on rolling....

Moggy planning to cut business energy rates by 'up to a third' 

Given the commercial energy sector is like the wild west that'll be like putting a plaster on a slit throat. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

All is well.  The economy is rescued.  Stamp Duty to be cut.  That'll help everybody ken.

Only in England I would imagine? Only ask as I'm buying a house and looking to complete in the next few weeks.

39 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Only in England I would imagine? Only ask as I'm buying a house and looking to complete in the next few weeks.

Not confirmed yet.

But as a wee bonus,  shares in the big builders rose significantly at the mention of it.  Wealthy gonna wealth.

1 hour ago, Meathook said:

I expect I'll soon have folk saying 'two's up' when I've just bagged one of the dog's shites.

:lol:
And folk huddled around the community heating. 

0A34FEDC-A0A1-4D95-B0E5-4457B6575845.jpeg

Just got my new tariff rates in for 1st Oct onwards.

ive calculated it against my Jan 2022 usage.

Jan 22. £187.

The usage with the new tariff would be  £399!

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, His name is said:

Just got my new tariff rates in for 1st Oct onwards.

ive calculated it against my Jan 2022 usage.

Jan 22. £187.

The usage with the new tariff would be  £399!

Look on the bright side about double the cost is better than triple the cost😃😃

Bad though and unless some folk can really cut back could end in tragedy for many.

4 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Look on the bright side about double the cost is better than triple the cost😃😃

Bad though and unless some folk can really cut back could end in tragedy for many.

Correct! All hail the new queen Liz

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

All is well.  The economy is rescued.  Stamp Duty to be cut.  That'll help everybody ken.

It isn’t designed to help everybody. Will certainly be a boost to those facing Stamp duty over the winter though. 

18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It isn’t designed to help everybody. Will certainly be a boost to those facing Stamp duty over the winter though. 

Its disgusting mate. The Government is telling is that they are putting help in place during this "cost of living crisis" and what do they do? Help people who are buying a house? 

What about folk that cant afford a house? Or on the minimum wage? Or disabled or old? 

People are worried about paying bills and here she is telling us "Its OK, buy a house and I will save you shit loads"!!!

Jeezo!

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Not confirmed yet.

But as a wee bonus,  shares in the big builders rose significantly at the mention of it.  Wealthy gonna wealth.

It'll help the poor buggers that went baws deep in cheap credit to offload the piles they can no longer afford for a price lower than they paid.

Every cloud but 👍

2 hours ago, Meathook said:

I expect I'll soon have folk saying 'two's up' when I've just bagged one of the dog's shites.

I'm going to start rinsing them out and reusing them 

joondalupjambo
22 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its disgusting mate. The Government is telling is that they are putting help in place during this "cost of living crisis" and what do they do? Help people who are buying a house? 

What about folk that cant afford a house? Or on the minimum wage? Or disabled or old? 

People are worried about paying bills and here she is telling us "Its OK, buy a house and I will save you shit loads"!!!

Jeezo!

The plan for this bunch is all about growing the economy and that will be Truss's mantle now for the short term.  We are getting the big calls right is now simply being replaced by We are helping to grow the economy with this measure (whatever the measure of the day happens to be).

If you do not like this move you had better strap yourself in Pans because there is going to be a lot similar type things getting announced.

37 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Jeezo!

Those things are different issues. House buying and selling is good for the economy, this will help those people. Do we only help the people you mention ? Why can’t we help those who contribute a hell a lot to the economy ?