energy prices

Masonic

20 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

£2500 was the estimate for the average household.

You're not getting bottomless energy for that price. Seems kinda obvious to those with common sense.

:jj_facepalm:

Does it though?

”No-one will pay more than £2500 for their energy (on average)”

Why try and spin it into something nice? Just speak plainly!

We have capped the standing charges and the unit costs of both gas and electricity. The average use household shouldnt pay more than £2500 but it depends on how much you actually use. 

There. Better. Clearer. 

Some people are disabled and dont have a good grasp of English (some

deaf people for example). 

Some peoples first language isnt English. 

Some people cant read. 

Some people are less well educated thatn others amd misunderstand things easier. 

These shitehawks knew what they were doing when the said £2500. They should just be straight forward and honest. Cut the crap!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Unknown user

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

I understand the telephone lines being 'busy', not so much an online service that is there to avoid calls. 

The online service crashed last time, think that’s why they are giving people more plenty of time this time around. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

I'm going to whack the heating on, and when I'm billed pay £2500 and direct Shell to their beloved PM for the rest.

Good luck with that, but all you will end up with is a bill to pay and any penalty charges that apply.

Malinga the Swinga
34 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

£2500 was the estimate for the average household.

You're not getting bottomless energy for that price. Seems kinda obvious to those with common sense.

:jj_facepalm:

It does and it is, but to those who are hard of thinking, it's another excuse to post stupid emojis and get laughs from their wee group of online pals.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good luck with that, but all you will end up with is a bill to pay and any penalty charges that apply.

Thanks 👍

Just following the guidance from the government.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

The online service crashed last time, think that’s why they are giving people more plenty of time this time around. 

Gas and leccy now recorded 👍

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm with Scottish Power, on a fixed tarrif until late '23 (got in just before all the price rises).

Got a bizarre message from them telling me NOT to submit meter readings for this month. Feck that. Last time round they estimated I'd had my heating on in August. Can't help but get the feeling the companies are looking to take advantage of this scheme.

I grabbed  £50 back on a refund at the same time they were upping the gas d/d. Normally happy to sit with credit but thought No!

I'll get back in credit if it kills me...

Edited by Riccarton3

Got an email from Bulb at the start of the week informing me what my new DD payments would be from October.

I currently pay £158.83pm and it's going down.........yes I said down, to £97.30pm a reduction of £61.53pm.

I had to read the email several times to make sure, but yeh, they said that due to me being well in credit they are happy to use that up or at least reduce it. 

Of course I'll keep an eye on how much we eat into the credit balance each month and if we need to up our DD them we'll do so, if needed.

I must be in a real minority whose DD is going down from October, it was without doubts extremely welcome news.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Got an email from Bulb at the start of the week informing me what my new DD payments would be from October.

I currently pay £158.83pm and it's going down.........yes I said down, to £97.30pm a reduction of £61.53pm.

I had to read the email several times to make sure, but yeh, they said that due to me being well in credit they are happy to use that up or at least reduce it. 

Of course I'll keep an eye on how much we eat into the credit balance each month and if we need to up our DD them we'll do so, if needed.

I must be in a real minority whose DD is going down from October, it was without doubts extremely welcome news.

Much have quite a bit of credit built up there.

5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Much have quite a bit of credit built up there.

£450+ most of which was built up over the summer after Bulb shat it in March and increased my DD from £97.11 to £158.83, and now it's back down to £97.  I'm not complaining as we wanted to build up a large credit buffer for the coming winter.

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A lot of people have spent weeks and months explaining how the energy price cap would work, then along comes thick Lizzie and completely destroys all that work.

19 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

£450+ most of which was built up over the summer after Bulb shat it in March and increased my DD from £97.11 to £158.83, and now it's back down to £97.  I'm not complaining as we wanted to build up a large credit buffer for the coming winter.

I also had over £450 in credit. I asked for the remainder to be refunded after next months payment of £119 is deducted. They told me to ***k off, I'll get £170 refunded and like it, with the rest being used to pay the increase across the winter...charming!...:confused:

Edited by OBE

4 minutes ago, OBE said:

I also had over £450 in credit. I asked for the remainder to be refunded after next months payment of £119 is deducted. They told me to ***k off, I'll get £170 refunded and like it, with the rest will be used to pay the increase across the winter...charming!...:confused:

Was that Bulb?

We thought about asking for a refund pending what our DD was going to be going up by, but as it's decreasing we'll not bother now, we'll just use up some/most of the credit balance, and increase our DD if needed but on our terms, we have the luxury of that buffer now.

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was that Bulb?

We thought about asking for a refund pending what our DD was going to be going up by, but as it's decreasing we'll not bother now, we'll just use up some/most of the credit balance, and increase our DD if needed but on our terms, we have the luxury of that buffer now.

Yes, Bulb...I'm hoping for the balmiest winter on record, climate change and all that...

Edited by OBE

23 minutes ago, OBE said:

I also had over £450 in credit. I asked for the remainder to be refunded after next months payment of £119 is deducted. They told me to ***k off, I'll get £170 refunded and like it, with the rest being used to pay the increase across the winter...charming!...:confused:

Surely you can demand it back - it’s your money and as long as you pay your bill when you receive it that’s all that matters.

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

Surely you can demand it back - it’s your money and as long as you pay your bill when you receive it that’s all that matters.

Yep. 

2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

The refund facility on their website would only let me withdraw £170, they'll be getting it back I reckon with bells on...

Annual Gas/Electric gone up to £1963 not as bad as I thought works out at £166 p/m less the £66 p/m refund paying £100 for next six months hopefully fuel prices have dropped come April 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

yup that's what my old dear heard. spent half an hour explaining why it was wrong and it was best not to take what Liz says at face value.

What a fecking eejit she is.

21 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Will that not be down to you (not just you, everyone) receiving the £67 per month subsidy each month starting in October? 

I'm with eon and my DD has gone down as well, due to receiving the £67. 

Edited by jvm32

39 minutes ago, jvm32 said:

Will that not be down to you (not just you, everyone) receiving the £67 per month subsidy each month starting in October? 

I'm with eon and my DD has gone down as well, due to receiving the £67. 

Quite probably, certainly for those whose supplier is adjusting their DD to reflect the rebate, however not all of them are doing this, according to the chart posted near the top of this page, some are refunding the money directly into folks bank accounts.

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Which is the dearest way to pay, even more expensive than pre-payment meters, according to the personal finance experts.

1 hour ago, OBE said:

The refund facility on their website would only let me withdraw £170, they'll be getting it back I reckon with bells on...

I read on Bulb's T's & C's that you have to leave an amount at least equivalent to your monthly DD in your account, you can withdraw anything over and above that amount.

Which is a pile of crap as it's your money at the end of the day.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Which is the dearest way to pay, even more expensive than pre-payment meters, according to the personal finance experts.

Aye, but he’s still paying the DD I assume and if he goes into arrears over the winter it’ll build up again over next summer (or he can pay a one-off lump sum)

14 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Aye, but he’s still paying the DD I assume and if he goes into arrears over the winter it’ll build up again over next summer (or he can pay a one-off lump sum)

I think they'd want any arrears paid off right away, I don't think they'd let it build, unless you were unable to pay, then that's a different ball game.

I tried contacting my provider today and was redirected to whatsapp to continue the conversation.  That was an hour ago. Haven't heard back from them.  

MY leccy is going up 83  per year 

My gas is going up 180 per year 

*** Update just had a message back  :) i was asking if i had a smart meter as i can't remember if it is one. It is. So i don't need to do anything for tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I tried contacting my provider today and was redirected to whatsapp to continue the conversation.  That was an hour ago. Haven't heard back from them.  

*** Update just had a message back  :) i was asking if i had a smart meter as i can't remember if it is one. It is. So i don't need to do anything for tomorrow. 

That's the beauty of smart meters, they do all the work for you.

12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Pound or percent?

Harry Potter

Went on the british gas website, no previous bills, no current state of my account, looks like 

a case of putting up the direct debit, beyond belief, :facepalm:.

heartsfc_fan
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Were we not supposed to get a measly 40 quid credited to our accounts today?

£66

Pretty much cancelled out the rise for me and a bit more (about a fiver a month I'm saving) although I've got quite a bit of credit so could probably drop my DD but want to keep it as a buffer incase of a cold winter.

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Anyone else get the scam text regarding the £400 ? I just deleted it 

I’ve had two this past week, deleted and blocked the number. 

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Yes I just deleted . Dirty bar stewards really 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Anyone else get the scam text regarding the £400 ? I just deleted it 

Yes. It looks very official. UKGOV

Konrad von Carstein
On 30/09/2022 at 16:22, Japan Jambo said:

yup that's what my old dear heard. spent half an hour explaining why it was wrong and it was best not to take what Liz says at face value.

What a fecking eejit she is.

That's no way to speak about your mother, show some respect :verymad:

On 30/09/2022 at 17:46, JudyJudyJudy said:

Make sure it does both and electricity as our not so smart meter is for electricity only. 🙄

12 hours ago, Irufushi said:

I’ve had 3. Lucky me getting £1200 probably pay over half my usual bill. Absolutely over the moon. 

My mate just got this.

He uses Oil that he buys seperately so this just covers Electricity.

SmartSelect_20221002_132600_Messenger.jpg

Edited by hughesie27