Atkinson

22games nro

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Trent Alexander gets ripped by quick good attacks. 

He was taken apart last night. Wonder if Southgate was watching. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was taken apart last night. Wonder if Southgate was watching. 

Not what Jurgen said in his interview after the game 🤷‍♂️

8BAC2380-9C50-48BF-A8BF-5A997396AFAC.jpeg

Edited by Thomaso

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yup and everything that's being made of his poor defending is overstating it in truth.  Not like we're exactly leaking goals left right and centre!!!

Souttar, Halkett, Gordon, Kingsley, Cam, Beni, Haring and even Halliday all or most of them on the pitch, we can afford our RB to be primarily offensive and to take the odd risk or misjudge the odd moment.

People want perfection but even at the highest level FBs tend to be good at one thing or the other.  Could Marcelo defend?  Was Dani Alves a brilliant defender?  You could pick holes in Andy Robertson's game.

Natty is a well scouted signing and he's getting better by the game from what I see.  Look forward to seeing him next season.  Actually - I look forward to seeing him at Hampden!!!!!

Absolutely 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, spacerjoe said:

Great post.

It's also funny how Smith has gone from being a massive problem in our side, to a key player who we need back ASAP.

Of course the answer, as always, is actually neither. We need Smith back, as he's a good player for sure.

But overall, I'd much rather have a raw, energetic, forward-thinking FB / WB who needs a bit of time to bed in defensively, than trying to re-position a reliable, yet aging defender.

Do we want to win games 4-2 or 1-0?

Indeed, 4-2 for me and whoever is playing LWB for Hibs at Hampden would rather play against Smith I would imagine. 

He’s great in opposition half

not convincing in his own

Not ideal for a fullback

Trent comparison isn’t identical. Trent is great at passing from his own half and making things happen. Natty often gives ball away or does something sloppy 

Still like him a lot. Will improve with time. Think him at RM with Smith behind would work well

Edited by R1874

May one-six
17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not what Jurgen said in his interview after the game 🤷‍♂️

8BAC2380-9C50-48BF-A8BF-5A997396AFAC.jpeg

Alexander-Arnold was getting taken apart in the first half by Martinelli. However, he seemed to have learned his lesson in the second and was trying to show the winger the inside, where he was less effective. It didn't work all the time, but he was much more secure.

On 19/02/2022 at 17:58, Leveins Battalion said:

Joke of a player.🤣🤣🤣

On 20/02/2022 at 00:04, Leveins Battalion said:

Na he is pish the end.

On 20/02/2022 at 07:34, Leveins Battalion said:

Atkinson is like a Sunday League player,I have watched him 3 or 4 times now.Absolutely hopeless.

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Atkinson-Pros Athletic,Fast,Combatitive

Weaknesses-Concentration,Decison making,positioning.

Kind of expected from a 22 year old but room to improve.

Is he not a pish, joke of an absolutely hopeless Sunday league player, anymore then? 

Why's that? 

Leveins Battalion
31 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Is he not a pish, joke of an absolutely hopeless Sunday league player, anymore then? 

Why's that? 

🤣 Theres boys played in a my Sunday team who were fast,athletic and definately comabatitive.Does that make them Hearts class?Nope.

Like i said he is 22 and could improve but makes too many mistakes just now for me,my heart is in my mouth everytime the ball comes at him,makes school boy errors like letting balls bounce,tries cross field passes which are not on and we were lucky not to go 3-2 down just before we scored due to another of his mistakes.

Guest ToqueJambo

Why folk feel the need to lay into our own players, especially when the team is doing well, is beyond me. Calum Paterson was criticised for his defending and even Warnock said he was never a full back despite signing him. We were a much better team with him in it though and Atkinson is the nearest thing we've had since he left to a more attacking CP-style FB/WB. Ryan McGowan was also a limited player but he brought a lot to the team.

NA has all the foundational qualities needed for that position. Positioning, decision-making, crossing are things that can all be improved. This isn't the EPL or Serie A when it comes to the types of player he has to defend against FFS. The key thing is that we have good defenders alongside him and possibly a more defensive LB when he plays.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why folk feel the need to lay into our own players, especially when the team is doing well, is beyond me. Calum Paterson was criticised for his defending and even Warnock said he was never a full back despite signing him. We were a much better team with him in it though and Atkinson is the nearest thing we've had since he left to a more attacking CP-style FB/WB. Ryan McGowan was also a limited player but he brought a lot to the team.

NA has all the foundational qualities needed for that position. Positioning, decision-making, crossing are things that can all be improved. This isn't the EPL or Serie A when it comes to the types of player he has to defend against FFS. The key thing is that we have good defenders alongside him and possibly a more defensive LB when he plays.

This is a really good post I totally agree with all of it

Leveins Batallion knows sfa about Football that's obvious, meanwhile Lineker praises TAA, he has one poor half and Mikey especially makes out he is a shite defender, JKB at it's best.

Glamorgan Jambo

The guy has flown half way round the world into a difficult climate, had to adapt to a different style of football, some poor pitches and variable refereeing. He’s scored a couple of goals and set up more, while playing more games than anticipated due to the injury to Michael Smith.

and he’s been given an international call up.

Sometimes I wonder what people expect.

Thrown in at the deep end,  so mistakes were always going happen. I've no doubt he will become a proper asset. 

Congratulations on his cap.

5 hours ago, dav1e said:

Thrown in at the deep end,  so mistakes were always going happen. I've no doubt he will become a proper asset. 

Congratulations on his cap.

The deep end? It's Scottish football we're talking about. 😆

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Comparing TAA to Natty Akka :levein_interesting:😂

Tbf you're talking about Sunday league players. 

It's good you've managed to find something to gnash your teeth at tho. 

Slim pickings, but you've done well. 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Certain posters need to moan. 

They clearly enjoy a good grumble and moan as opposed to a balanced debate or opinion. 

After our "slump" certain posters where in their element, clearly having the most fun on here since the season started. 

Results pick up, said posters get quiet but some dig deep to find a gripe. 

Walkers away, Smith's injured, Sibbick got dropped, Boyce is playing well again... So let's rip young Aki. 

Must make them feel better. 

It's really strange behaviour. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The deep end? It's Scottish football we're talking about. 😆

It's all relative tho. 

We aren't signing superstars. 

21 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Moved on from Neilson to another target.  

his runs and energy on the outside are a massive part of our attacking threat. He is a young player who isn’t going to be perfect but he is very effective and will improve.

in conclusion, you are wrong 👍🏻

Happy clappy gonna clap.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Certain posters need to moan. 

They clearly enjoy a good grumble and moan as opposed to a balanced debate or opinion. 

After our "slump" certain posters where in their element, clearly having the most fun on here since the season started. 

Results pick up, said posters get quiet but some dig deep to find a gripe. 

Walkers away, Smith's injured, Sibbick got dropped, Boyce is playing well again... So let's rip young Aki. 

Must make them feel better. 

It's really strange behaviour. 

Dig deep to find a gripe, lol, love that.🙂.

39 minutes ago, briever said:

Happy clappy gonna clap.

What is there to be unhappy about just now is it happiness its self that you are against because that is about the most miserable post I have read on here

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Dig deep to find a gripe, lol, love that.🙂.

They don't half dig as well. 

The go deep, real deeeeeep. 

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Moved on from Neilson to another target.  

his runs and energy on the outside are a massive part of our attacking threat. He is a young player who isn’t going to be perfect but he is very effective and will improve.

in conclusion, you are wrong 👍🏻

Yip. 

Bob is safe for a game or two and they know crying about him won't gain much traction. 

Rather than celebrate our relative success to the top flight, our massive improvement and the exciting times ahead, what do they do? 

Pick another target to slag. 

Sad sacks 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf you're talking about Sunday league players. 

It's good you've managed to find something to gnash your teeth at tho. 

Slim pickings, but you've done well. 

See when folk guffaw that we compare one of our players to an elite player!!!!  Like we're actually saying they're as good!  Severe lack of brain cells imo.

I had guys I played with at amateur whose styles reminded me of pros.  But they were amateurs!  Go figure that my mate Iain didn't have the same career at Matt Le Tissier or Stevie didn't reach the heights of Roy Keane!!!

Maybe.  Maybe.  We're saying they're a similar style of player at our level?  Maybe?  I'm not sure Barrie McKay is actually as good as Juan Mata.  I'm not sure Cammy Devlin is as good as Kante.  You can see what I'm saying though for what they do in our team, right?

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

See when folk guffaw that we compare one of our players to an elite player!!!!  Like we're actually saying they're as good!  Severe lack of brain cells imo.

I had guys I played with at amateur whose styles reminded me of pros.  But they were amateurs!  Go figure that my mate Iain didn't have the same career at Matt Le Tissier or Stevie didn't reach the heights of Roy Keane!!!

Maybe.  Maybe.  We're saying they're a similar style of player at our level?  Maybe?  I'm not sure Barrie McKay is actually as good as Juan Mata.  I'm not sure Cammy Devlin is as good as Kante.  You can see what I'm saying though for what they do in our team, right?

Yes it is the argument of someone who knows that their position is shaky

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Correct. 

Just like when I say De Gea is a great shopper like CG. 

I am in no way comparing the 2, De Gea has CG posters on his wall. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Correct. 

Just like when I say De Gea is a great shopper like CG. 

I am in no way comparing the 2, De Gea has CG posters on his wall. 

Seen Craig Gordon leaving Harvey Nicks with a Sherpa carrying his bags so I can confirm this

Leveins Battalion

This thread is class,will be bumped about 10 times between now and the end of the season with Nattys **** ups.

52 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Seen Craig Gordon leaving Harvey Nicks with a Sherpa carrying his bags so I can confirm this

Unlike CG, Garry O'Connor's a useless shopper but likes a wee Harvey Nicks freebie. 🙃

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

🤣🤣🤣

Auto correct is shite. 

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Unlike CG, Garry O'Connor's a useless shopper but likes a wee Harvey Nicks freebie. 🙃

Do you want to see a real mans shopping

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

HTF did the Aussie Oshaniwa get a call up?!!?!1  

Am I doing this right?

Nah, 

unnamed (3).jpg

ScandinavianJambo
18 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

100%. The boy still has some areas which needs developed, but I love watching him go forward and his work rate is 2n to none...without any doubt there is more to come from him and if one can't see that then something is clearly wrong.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do you want to see a real mans shopping

Aye, go oan. 😀 Is this you sporting your new 'street style' look at London Fashion Week? 👇

Screenshot_20220318-123757_Google.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

🤣🤣🤣

Auto correct is shite. 

Yup the guy who invented it's a funking control

Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, go oan. 😀 Is this you sporting your new 'street style' look at London Fashion Week? 👇

Screenshot_20220318-123757_Google.jpg

I was referring to his wee outburst at the hotel worker about his boaby but that is a pretty good likeness of me shopping : - D

May one-six

In the Arsenal v Liverpool match the other night, Firmino scored a superb goal after a ball in from Andy Robertson. In the same game he attempted a very short, simple pass to Robertson which went straight out for a throw-in to Arsenal. If some of the posters on here were Liverpool fans they'd be slagging Firmino for his inability to keep the ball in play (and when Liverpool next lose a goal they'd probably say it all stemmed from that misplaced pass) 😱

The Grim Reaper
7 minutes ago, May one-six said:

In the Arsenal v Liverpool match the other night, Firmino scored a superb goal after a ball in from Andy Robertson. In the same game he attempted a very short, simple pass to Robertson which went straight out for a throw-in to Arsenal. If some of the posters on here were Liverpool fans they'd be slagging Firmino for his inability to keep the ball in play (and when Liverpool next lose a goal they'd probably say it all stemmed from that misplaced pass) 😱

cool story, bro - Dictionary.com

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup the guy who invented it's a funking control

🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

cool story, bro - Dictionary.com

Stories are a very good way to communicate with people who have short attention spans like toddlers or the folk he described. Maybe that's why you liked it 🤷‍♂️

On 18/03/2022 at 11:42, Leveins Battalion said:

This thread is class,will be bumped about 10 times between now and the end of the season with Nattys **** ups.

Bump number 1, another very good performance from your favourite

I think he’s got quality going forward but needs to work on his defensive side. Plenty development left in him and I can see him becoming a very good player for us. Half a season under his belt and a good pre season should see him hitting the ground running next year. 

Still unconvinced but there’s definitely something there.

I thought he did some terrific stuff today. However whenever that happened it was usually followed (usually immediately) by something terrible. Summed up by a great run past 2 or 3 players in the middle of the park then shanking a 5 yard pass out for a throw. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Atkinson