**Official them -v- us thread**

Disser Pointon

Hope Neilson resists any temptation to rest 5 or 6 players with the Rangers game looming.  While the calbre of the opposition in this game is poor, it's still a derby and his derby record isn't great.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• daavojaay

• Hearts007

• tian447

I’m confident about this one. The very worst way to be on the eve of a derby. 

What could possibly go wrong?

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.very much appreciated.

Derek O'Connor v hibs1984.jpg

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. very much appreciated.

Here is another to give you your strength back.

Always difficult to predict a Derby when the form book generally means sweet FA.

However they are excrement and we’re playing not too shabby so 2-0 the JT’s it’ll be then👍

Just now, JamboPete said:

Gordon

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Atkinson

Devlin

Baningime

Cochrane

McKay

Simms

Boyce

That final trio look very exciting to me.  Whole team does and the bench will be strong.

Smith fit?

Gordon

Sibbick

Souttar 
kingsley

smith

devlin

haring

beni

halliday

boyce

simms

Control the midfield and let the front 2 cause problems. Wingbacks can get forward and offer a goal threat. Harsh on Mckay but don’t fancy him and Boyce together in the derby

Natty, Mckay, Gino, GMS, Woodburn, Cochrane all great options from the bencg

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Atkinson    Haring    Beni    Halliday

McKay    Simms    Boyce

Think Halliday deserves a start after his performance v Motherwell. Was between Smith and Atkinson for rwb and either would be fine. I personally prefer Haring to Devlin for this one, although again Devlin does have more energy and wouldn’t be against him starting either. Would bring on Woodburn or Ginnelly last half hour once they’re tiring.

Suppose it’s good to have this many headaches as it shows how strong the squad is. 

10 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

McKay    Simms    Boyce

Think Halliday deserves a start after his performance v Motherwell. Was between Smith and Atkinson for rwb and either would be fine. I personally prefer Haring to Devlin for this one, although again Devlin does have more energy and wouldn’t be against him starting either. Would bring on Woodburn or Ginnelly last half hour once they’re tiring.

Suppose it’s good to have this many headaches as it shows how strong the squad is. 

that's the line up for me too

Buzzing for this game. I can't understand for the life of me why the bookies have us at 11/5 to win this match but I am all over it. 

Wee Team 0-1 Heart of Midlothian. 

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Is it on PPV? 

WTF have they come up with now lol. Another fab display and they punted jamie murphy as well as the thug gogic but still nobody wants Scotty Messi Allan no matter how much they try to get rid.

FKcEeaYXEAQfDvr.jpeg.jpg

colinmorewasgash
Just now, colinmorewasgash said:

WTF have they come up with now lol. Another fab display and they punted jamie murphy as well as the thug gogic but still nobody wants Scotty Messi Allan no matter how much they try to get rid.

FKcEeaYXEAQfDvr.jpeg.jpg

FTH  about time Bob beat them.

6 hours ago, karipidis said:

When was the last time we went to Easter Road in such good form and had this sizeable gap? We do need to start better than the last few games but if we can keep the crowd quiet and get them frustrated with Maloney and team, then I really think it will be a comfortable evening. 

Exactly about starting well as we don't want them to get the crowd behind them with an early goal. We are faster than them and need a high press to force mistakes. It won't take much for the home crowd to turn and a couple of early goals and they will do just that. 

InternationalJambo
2 hours ago, JamboPete said:

Gordon

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Atkinson

Devlin

Baningime

Cochrane

McKay

Simms

Boyce

👍👍👍👍

Hearts now 6/4 favourites having been 12/5 most of the last week. Folk must have piled on to that price !

Im on Hearts to score 3 or more at 6/1

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

FKcEeaYXEAQfDvr.jpeg.jpg

Remember this 'un?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, JamboPete said:

Gordon

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Atkinson

Devlin

Baningime

Cochrane

McKay

Simms

Boyce

Is the most likely team, I might be tempted to have a winger instead of Boyce on that big pitch to be honest. 

Another first for Hibs.  Unless my device is playing up, they're in lockdown on .net before the defeat.

😂😂😂❤❤❤

5 hours ago, R1874 said:

Smith fit?

Gordon

Sibbick

Souttar 
kingsley

smith

devlin

haring

beni

halliday

boyce

simms

Control the midfield and let the front 2 cause problems. Wingbacks can get forward and offer a goal threat. Harsh on Mckay but don’t fancy him and Boyce together in the derby

Natty, Mckay, Gino, GMS, Woodburn, Cochrane all great options from the bencg

Atkinson won't get benched. He's our starting RWB now and Smith knows that, imo.

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hope Neilson resists any temptation to rest 5 or 6 players with the Rangers game looming.  While the calbre of the opposition in this game is poor, it's still a derby and his derby record isn't great.

He'll playing nothing other than our best XI. He learnt his lesson in derbies the last time round.

6 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

He'll playing nothing other than our best XI. He learnt his lesson in derbies the last time round.

As I'm sure you and everyone else will kmow, i was just indulging myself with a bit of sarcasm.

Robbie showed with his Auchinleck lineup that he takes no chanes.

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

As I'm sure you and everyone else will kmow, i was just indulging myself with a bit of sarcasm.

Robbie showed with his Auchinleck lineup that he takes no chanes.

Chances

14 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Hoping for a win of any sort,and wouldsettle for 1-0. Just disappointed I won'tbe there and will have to watch on the TV, had a mini stroke on Friday and have a visit to hospital again on Wednesday

Sorry to hear that mate, take it easy, feet up and all that. Hope to see you behind the goals soon

Looking forward to catching up with this thread in the morning.  Just about to have my tea then off to bed with Rumpole of the Bailey.  I've dumpted Lynda La Plante for him.

I'm a flexible sort of chap

Tomorrow will be a perfect tonic for Portobello to whom iI wish all the best.

Superb Jambo.

4-0 humping for Hibs tonight. 

Boloney is not a football manager, he is not the messiah, he thinks he is different, he’s just a loser…

Shaun Maloney invited Hibs greats Pat Stanton and Paul Kane to lunch with the current Easter Road squad yesterday in a bid to inspire them ahead of tonight’s Edinburgh derby.”

Edited by FFSJohn

24 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Boloney is not a football manager, he is not the messiah, he thinks he is different, he’s just a loser…

Shaun Maloney invited Hibs greats Pat Stanton and Paul Kane to lunch with the current Easter Road squad yesterday in a bid to inspire them ahead of tonight’s Edinburgh derby.”

Paul ****ing Kane, fat *****

42 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Well, they will be hungry at least, the sight of Paul Kane’ puss would put anyone off their lunch 🤢

8 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

McKay    Simms    Boyce

That will do for me 👌🏽

How far have we come!! Look at that lineup and still have Devlin, Ginnelly and Woodburn on the bench!! 🤯🎉🎉

19 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Well, they will be hungry at least, the sight of Paul Kane’ puss would put anyone off their lunch 🤢

AB0CB21B-B289-48AC-A55C-DDF25C60421C.jpeg

1 hour ago, FFSJohn said:

69FD94F1-8439-439B-8CAF-CA1B0D68E2E5.gif.4e5f7e096660fa956a86818465d946e2.gif430405F5-2717-43D8-BA89-E3F3E5FB3AA0.gif.52d06b79d12ded9475eb56904245e94a.gif46FE2BD4-5066-4196-9482-96286863F87F.gif.59950a73acbf7690add9e8ba92c433f9.gif

Be surprised if he starts Simms due to his lack of derby experience. Think as well as Halliday did from LB he might have a chance starting but I'd be surprised if he does giving he rested Cochrane.

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Atkinson                              Cochrane

Devlin   Beni 

Ginnelly                            Mckay

Boyce

Personally I'd take Gino out and play Haring in the middle as well. 

As much as they might try and play their "flair" football we need to win our battles first and foremost and that stems from the middle. 

IF we are struggling Neilson needs to be quick on the draw and recognise changes are needed. Being afforded 5 subs now gives much more scope for a tactical change if need be. I just hope we don't start sluggish, he waits til half time and changes it too late again if this is the case.

Been extremely confident all week but nerves are creeping in now, purely as it would be embarassing not to beat them just now.

HHGH.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

Victor Meldrew
46 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Paul ****ing Kane, fat *****

Is that the same Paul Kane who won 3 derbies out of 26. The only thing they'll learn from that 'legend' is how to lose - not that they'll need to learn that....

3 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Is that the same Paul Kane who won 3 derbies out of 26. The only thing they'll learn from that 'legend' is how to lose - not that they'll need to learn that....

Nutted the ***** in 83

IpOlDN2.gif

Edited by Factuer Moi

The usual shape 343, Halliday over Cochrane. Devlin to start and run himself into the group pressing them resulting in goals goals goals. Haring to step in for the last half hour to show how classy Heart of Midlothian really is. 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Cameo appearance for McEneff last 10 to grab himself an ER goal. 

Disser Pointon
42 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Be surprised if he starts Simms due to his lack of derby experience. Think as well as Halliday did from LB he might have a chance starting but I'd be surprised if he does giving he rested Cochrane.

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Devlin   Beni 

Boyce

As much as they might try and play their "flair" football we need to win our battles first and foremost and that stems from the middle. 

IF we are struggling Neilson needs to be quick on the draw and recognise changes are needed. Being afforded 5 subs now gives much more scope for a tactical change if need be. I just hope we don't start sluggish, he waits til half time and changes it too late again if this is the case.

Been extremely confident all week but nerves are creeping in now, purely as it would be embarassing not to beat them just now.

HHGH.

Can't see Simms not starting, he's exactly the type of player who'll give their defence a torrid time. He's got enough experience with Everton to handle the occasion.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think the team picks itself tonight - I hope it does.

And bizarrely enough it includes Halliday at LWB on merit.

Weird times

Gordon

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Natty

Haring

Beni

Cochrane

Boyce

Simms

McKay

Edited by indianajones

Aye they're shite,.but it's a Derby and anything can happen, as history will tell you. 

Approach the game properly and we should do them.

52 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Devlin   Beni 

Boyce

HHGH.

If Simms doesn't start I think Haliday will be further forward, with Cochrane LWB.