• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Although the overall performance isn't near as bad as some make out, folk just get so raging when we don't have 60% possession 🙄

19 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Getting on top now. Don't get the GMS hate tbh. That pass from Kingsley was vicious. Some folk just seem to have made up their minds about him. 

Actually GMS has laid off some great wee balls from rubbishy passes to him, done well to keep possession on a few occasions, also doing a good job of dragging their defenders wide making space for his teammates. would not say he is having a brilliant game but odes a lot of the basics well.

PhoenixHearts
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

We're leading at home in front of a big, supportive crowd.

Why am I a bag of nerves?

Not like me.

Absolutely need a 2nd goal.

Find me anyone who isn't a bag of nerves with a 1-0 lead 😅

We've seen this game faaaar too many times before.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

We're leading at home in front of a big, supportive crowd.

Why am I a bag of nerves?

Not like me.

Absolutely need a 2nd goal.

Yeah definitely. Motherwell look like they're capable of equalising. 

It's good to be one up, but we're living on the edge.

Devlin and Moore need to be subbed asap.

We'll still get the three points.

2 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Taking off Devlin, means other players will need to do a lot more running!

I'm not sure they would?

They’re doing plenty of that trying to recover when he’s dispossessed at the moment 

Not pretty but it doesn’t matter really. Couple of decent first half performances from the 2 new lads. Needs someone to stand on the ball for 2 seconds and ping a pass, and defensively we’re not right.

Bazzas right boot

Very uncomfortable in general 

Lacking fluency, but we are creating and got on top for a decent spell there. 

Devlin generally poor in possession. 

Although, Beni is a bit lost and Devlin having to work harder. 

Boyce looked lost on the right but grew into it. 

Moore looks panicked in general. 

GMS missing but some nice touches. 

But we're 1-0 up. 

We'll done Andy. 

Let's improve and finish this shite off. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

No offence but you really are a dour miserable ****. 

None taken 😂 BUT am I telling any lies? We have a goal but have been largely shickt and they have been knocking on our door the entire half.

3 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Devlin not at it today for me as well.

Motherwell know exactly how to play against us and their pressing game is causing us all sorts of problems.

Would love him to calm down a little bit,  we do need to put our foot on the ball and start playing more football through the middle.   Like Devlin but maybe Haring would have more influence in 2nd half.  

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Methinks I have Motherwell TV commentary via Hesgoals.

I've got it too, woeful! He's having an orgasm every time Motherwell go into our half and has on several occasions called Hearts the visitors! Surprisingly having trouble identifying his own players, constantly get names wrong.

HT and we are OK but could do with a little more guile from midfield, maybe Haring or McEneff. GMS has done little and McKay's skill and though balls would be welcome.

6 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Moore obviously low on match fitness and sharpness. 

Not sure whether they should hook him for Sibbick at the half or let him work through it for a bit in the 2nd.

Does look incredibly erratic though, and I think long term Toby will be our starting RCB so the sooner we can bed gim in to the team, the better.

agree. Erratic is a good summing up. I’m sure we will improve 2nd half. Nothing between the teams so far apart from the all important goal. A superb strike from AH

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Not sure whether they should hook him for Sibbick at the half or let him work through it for a bit in the 2nd.

Does look incredibly erratic though, and I think long term Toby will be our starting RCB so the sooner we can bed gim in to the team, the better.

Hope to see Sibbick for Moore asap so he can get some game time before Tuesday.

Wonder if the plan is to start Beni and Haring against Hibs and leave Devlin out.

Would prefer to see a winger on for Boyce if he isn't playing up front or swap him with Simms. He is good at coming in off the left wing apparently.

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Not enjoying Moore's performance at all. The whole team looks uncomfortable tbh.

Great finish again from Halliday. Say what you like about the guy but he's one of the best finishers at the club.

We're not the same without Mackay but we're clearly trying to let him recover for the vermin game.

Just glad we’re ahead. 5 (maybe 6?) changes from the starting line up midweek… always going to be a bit edgy. Agree that we’re missing Mackay. 
Just lacking a bit of composure.  

avhudtheteeshirt
3 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

They’re doing plenty of that trying to recover when he’s dispossessed at the moment 

That will be why Halliday scored then???

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Bloody freezing is my halftime report 😬

You in the new main stand? My brother saying its baltic in there 🥶

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Very uncomfortable in general 

Lacking fluency, but we are creating and got on top for a decent spell there. 

Devlin generally poor in possession. 

Although, Beni is a bit lost and Devlin having to work harder. 

Boyce looked lost on the right but grew into it. 

Moore looks panicked in general. 

GMS missing but some nice touches. 

But we're 1-0 up. 

We'll done Andy. 

Let's improve and finish this shite off. 

This in spades. Moore needs to play with a bit of confidence. Its clear he's not played much and thats worrying. 

I'd like to see GMS off for McEneff, I think he could help more with our forward play and the laddie deserves a shot. He's looked good every time he's came in but seems to be suffering in not being an out and out winger despite none of our wingers having an eye for goal. 

6 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I'd still with Moore, it's the midfield that needs help, similar to the first home game with them. Bring on Haring to help out.

Get McKay and Gino. Please. They'll turn Motherwell better than we're doing now. 

Devlin off(Not good)and Boyce off for Tuesday, I'd rather we played Simms or Boyce, not both.

On replay GMS deserves from credit for his positioning which drew the fullbak and for being aware enough to let the ball run to Halliday.

We can play 5 subs.  We have a strong bench so why not use it at HT, why wait until 60 min.

3 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

No, that was because his pass to GMS was pish .

Edited by ri Alban

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Led Tasso said:

On replay GMS deserves from credit for his positioning which drew the fullbak and for being aware enough to let the ball run to Halliday.

He's a clever player. 

ScandinavianJambo

It is looking a bit scrappy & frantic, and we are not able to get the ball down and play. Atikinson is doing well, but midfield has been found lacking...still one up so I'm pleased. Watching Heesgoal and it is a bloody Motherwell supporter commentating, painful. 

3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

None taken 😂 BUT am I telling any lies? We have a goal but have been largely shickt and they have been knocking on our door the entire half.

🤣

Yeah we haven’t been great but we’re 1 up and we’re always better second half. 

best in the land
1 minute ago, jamb-oz said:

From what I've watched I can see why Moore hasn't seen much game time with us, very unconvinced with him. 

I thought he looked decent in earlier performances but not looking too clever today. 

Maybe a swap for sibbick or haring in second half? 

3 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

I get that he scored with a Devlin assist but Devlin is still being dispossessed almost every time. 

Not saying it’s his fault, cause he’s a grand player - it’s just we’re outnumbered in midfield so need a change I think

2 minutes ago, jamb-oz said:

From what I've watched I can see why Moore hasn't seen much game time with us, very unconvinced with him. 

I have high hopes for Moore but he's no cutting it, sadly.

Simms has again looked good - so refreshing to have a big guy up front that can actually jump and win headers. Devlin having another off day - need Haring back for Derby imo. Nothing really between the teams, big 2nd half coming up. Great attendance but atmosphere has been mince. Probably because its freezing.

Souttar off at HT 🤔

avhudtheteeshirt
Just now, Halliphax said:

I get that he scored with a Devlin assist but Devlin is still being dispossessed almost every time. 

Not saying it’s his fault, cause he’s a grand player - it’s just we’re outnumbered in midfield so need a change I think

So your blaming him when the others in midfield are also being overrun???